main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I'm okay with the Mets doing well when they are not playing the Yankees, yes...

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Even though Michael Kay practically tells me that I'll go straight to hell for rooting for the Mets while they're not playing the Yankees, I still have no problem doing it. It doesn't keep me up at night if Jacob deGrom steals the backpage cover of Newsday or the Times' sports over Cole and the Yankees.

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    In general, I don't fault someone for cheering for multiple teams, especially if they have ties to them (same geography? who cares - cheer for both teams in your metro area!) unless:

1) they are actual rivals
    2) heels and heels-like fans

4. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i mean if they're in different leagues...

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    correct

having lived in the underballsack of this country for 30+ years with very limited nearby options, i make no apologies. the braves were the bandwagon team growing up, and i wanted to be different so i picked players i liked, and have stuck with those teams.

i would put my record up against a new yorker who openly supports the dallas cowboys at any time.

Point Given , DarthIntegral and dp4m like this.
  6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Look, if I can't harass the person who runs the Bandwagoners about being a Bandwagoner, then what's the whole thing even about?

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  8. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    [​IMG]

Anyway, I'm on Tunick's side of this. None of this hedging your bets nonsense if you have multiple local teams.

Amazing.

DarthTunick and DarthIntegral like this.
  9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Mets fans have more reason to take up issue with the Yankees and their fans than vice versa. Outside of the Subway Series, I highly doubt most Yankees fans are vehemently rooting against the Mets.

10. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    The funny thing is that I've rooted for the Yankees in more World Series than not this century

2000 I obviously rooted for the Mets
    2001 I rooted for the Yankees because of 9/11
    2003 I rooted for the Yankees because they were facing the Marlins
    2009 same as above with facing the Phillies

But in general I root against them cause of their fans.

Last edited: May 10, 2021
    dp4m and DarthTunick like this.
  11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I have a die-hard Mets fan friend who said she was impartial towards the Yankees up until 9/11; mostly because the media seemed to put them on a pedestal for weeks after the attacks while the only significant mention of the Mets was the first game back at Shea where Piazza homered. Hardly any mention of how the Mets opened Shea up for the Front Line workers.

Rew likes this.
  12. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I root for the Yankees in spite of their fans :D
    Not that Mets fans are much better.

13. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Red Sox fans are the worst in baseball, anyways

Point Given , dp4m and heels1785 like this.
  14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    now we're talking

DarthIntegral likes this.
  15. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Yanks with an old fashioned win at Tampa. Judge/Sanchez go yard, Montgomery solid start, bullpen closes it out.

Iron_lord and heels1785 like this.
  16. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    yankees have seven positive cases among their staff. lord.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    These MLB umpires really believe they're G-d's gift to Mankind. When one feels even the slightest bit of intimidation by a batter or his manager in the dugout: immediate ejection these days.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    In their last eight games where they have registered at least one hit, Cleveland is 8-0.

heels1785 and DarthTunick like this.
  20. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    And those are just the ones not named Joe West or Angel Hernandez.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Might as well lump Bill Miller in the category as well; and his foot outside the plate strikezone.

PCCViking likes this.
  22. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Just watched the ALCS game from 1988 in which the A's clinched a trip to the World Series after defeating the Red Sox. A nice edition of Great Games.

Great to hear Joe Morgan's commentary again. RIP.

heels1785 and Juliet316 like this.
  23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    mariners calling up jared kelenic to make his debut tonight. big potential.

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Gee, Michael Kay, it's a small comfort to know that even with the Yankees having a dry hitting spell this week they're playing a team like the Rays who has among the "worst offenses in baseball"; they've only scored nearly twice as many runs tonight than the Yankees had since the beginning of this series in Tampa.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  25. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001

This is interesting. ESPN's new deal with MLB will basically just be Sunday Nights. No more weekday games.

Amazing.