main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Reynar_Tedros, Nov 16, 2006.

1. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    Padres get Adam Frazier from the Pirates, he's having a solid season so that will add to them.

I'm looking at outfielders, and wonder if Pavin Smith from Arizona could be an option for our outfield? But pitching is what we need

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    If we don’t take at least three of these Mets games, we’re ****ed for the playoffs. DeGrom is out so maybe there’s a chance.

I’m just starting to follow the draft prospects but I think we need a good outfielder just in case Acuña can’t start the season next year. Apparently the surgeon who repaired his ACL operates on athlete knees all around the country so I have some hope on that.

Going to look up Pavin Smith…

3. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    He's a somewhat bright spot in Arizona. I have him on one of my fantasy teams is how I know. Gallo keeps getting linked to us, and i do like him, but everyone is looking at him. That's why maybe someone under the radar would be better

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    Frazier was also a league average player for four years who is having a career year at age 29. He's exactly the kind of player the Pirates should be trading high on.

Amazing.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    twins are shopping berrios. assuming truth in sunday's la times report that most of the dodgers locker room never wants to see or hear from trevor bauer again, that seems like a solid landing spot. still plenty of resources around in the farm system to send to the twins.

DarthTunick and Juliet316 like this.
  6. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    extremely satisfying win for the mariners tonight.

DarthTunick likes this.
  7. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    that sounds vaguely inappropriate.

tom and PCCViking like this.
  8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    joey votto is playing like an mvp tonight.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  9. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    I know Riley hit 2 homers of which one was a grand slam, but Ozzie's swing...man. I love his swings. They look so...refreshing.

And Sandoval is basically a Bench Panda as thats all he does is give morale hugs when they homer.

But I'm okay with this.

10. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    If the ongoing remodel at work won't kill me, these Dodgers/Giants games surely will.

JEDI-RISING likes this.
  11. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    So in an effort to dump a significant chunk of their payroll (about $3 million), the Yankees have traded away relievers Luis Cessa and Justin Wilson to Cincinnati for a player to be named later. I won't miss Wilson but Cessa was definitely a valuable innings eater. Should be interesting to see what they have up their sleeves these next few days until the trade deadline.

12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    we traded hoy jun park (currently leading AAA in hitting) and another top 30 prospect to the pirates for a reliever with a career 5.57 ERA - and then we dumped two relievers, including one of our better arms. wild stuff.

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    As I said, Hal must have something special up his sleeves to just donate Cessa like that. I just find it somewhat amusing that a team with a $200+ million payroll feels the necessity to dump a mere $3 million in salary just because they're hoping to stay below the luxury tax threshold.

14. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    the Yankees dumping payroll to the Reds at the end of July?

like i said, every year i see something i've never seen before in baseball

15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    starling marte headed to oakland. i've assumed the a's would be acquiring trevor story, as well. if that pans out, it's an incredible midseason duo to add to the lineup.

al west looking to be a great three team battle, maybe four once trout gets back.

16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    the m's have been doing it with smoke and mirrors (look at our run differential), but i do hope they can keep it up. they managed to bring the go-ahead run to the plate in the 9th last night, despite being down by 4 going into the frame, and if someone would have launched one it would have suddenly been the capper of the greatest 2-day stretch of baseball in my life.

DarthIntegral and heels1785 like this.
  17. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I've accepted that Cleveland isn't going to get a Wild Card this season, so I hope they get to 82 wins to keep Francona's streak alive. And then, I would really like to see Seattle nab a Wild Card.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    So Michael Kay has pretty much rationalized the Yankees' donation to Cincinnati of both Justin Wilson and Luis Cessa; suggesting that he really anticipates a big, monumental move by the Yankees this week in advance of the trade deadine. Of course if Friday comes and passes with no significant moves by the Yankees, then all bets are off.

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  19. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    2.5 games out of the second wild-card, despite the dogcrap of a season.
    Would be shocked if Cashman doesn't make a significant move.

Iron_lord and Leoluca Randisi like this.
  20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Talk to me in September about being enthusiastic over the Yankees' chances of sneaking in as a second Wild Card.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    What did you expect though. The WWE isn’t known for their cutting edge acceptance.

22. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Gallo heading to the Yankees

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    i can't ****ing stand cashman these days

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    A left-handed bat who can play the OF, 3B, and 1st. What's the problem?

25. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    yeah I like the move plus he is Sicilian Like me, well Sicilian and Mercato De San Severino on my dads side so I'm exactly half Italian! Mercato De San Severino is near Naples Italy so both my Great Grandmothers made really good Pizza home made! Gallo's Pundits will say he strikes out to much but that's the story of baseball today and all power hitters and Launch Angle. But the guy hits a lot of HRs and is Lefty bat which we are sorely lacking and he is young only 27 came into the League in 2015 two time All Star! and he can play Multiple positions corner OF first and third base! I don't think the Yankees are done. I wouldn't mind getting Max Kepler he has a cool story he grew up In Germany because his parents were part of a professional Ballet company in Germany! his sister played Tennis and Softball collegiately so his whole family are athletes! I also want to see a #1 relief type pitcher who can close traded to us we have the prospects to get this all done! Also Gallo like Cole grew up a Yankees fan!