main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Batman Begins @ London IMAX

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Raj_Vader, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mvwg3003

mvwg3003 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2005
    Hang on... am I gonna be the only girl there???

2. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    haha - does that mean you're coming ? ;)

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    We'll be sure to look after you ;)

4. mvwg3003

Jan 10, 2005
    I'm sure that was meant to be reassuring Richie but the many winks just make me more nervous [face_worried]

5. Raj_Vader

Mar 28, 2005
  6. mvwg3003

Jan 10, 2005
    *runs away*

:p

7. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    29th June @ 6:00pm, London IMAX, Waterloo

Yep, sounds good to me so might as well make it official :D
    But sadly darth-dom wont be able to make it at that time because he is also working scum ;)
    What shall we do about a meeting point and eating??

Would be great if you could make it mvwg3003, but don't worry about being the only girl....I'm actually more concerned that I'll probably be the oldest one there and I'm only 23 :eek: :p
    btw, everyone call me matt if you prefer :D
    And I wont be around much on friday, saturday and sunday so might be good to get everything finalised by thursday so we have a chance of getting tickets. Based on the Matrix:Reloaded, these IMAX showings tend to sell out, although if it's at 6 it might be okay but pre-booking would be best.

8. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I saw it at IMAX on Friday in Manchester. The Filmworks there is only showing it in IMAX, so it's regular price (£5.95 adult)!

It's AMAZING! You might want to get there early and sit near the back, most of the fights are pretty close up so if you're sat close to the screen then it can be even more confusing.

Wish I could come down and see it with you guys, but I'm back at Asda this weekend and working as much as possible so I can have some spending money for Star Wars stuff when I go to US in July.

9. Raj_Vader

Mar 28, 2005
    Well, apart from the IMAX there isn't really much in Waterloo! :p

We could either meet @ Leicester Square - Northern line straight down from there to Waterloo, or we could meet in Westminster/South Bank, by the London Eye, and walk down to the IMAX from there (about 10-15 minutes).

In either case, I'd suggest we aim to get together between 5 - 5:15. That way we have plenty of time to get down to the IMAX and get some seats at the back - thanks for the tip Chris ;)

I'm actually planning on being out n about most of the day - in fact, planning on seeing ROTS @ Leicester Square in the afternoon - student tickets are only a fiver during the day :D If anyone else is interested, lemme know :D

As far as food goes, there's a pizza express just around the corner from it, and a few other restaurants. Fast food wise there's the McDonald's on the South Bank or McDonald's and BK in Waterloo station. We could always venture back towards the west end for Pizza Hut - I believe there's one on Fleet Street just across the river.... =P~

BTW Matt don't worry - I'm 22 - but you're right, you're ancient! :p

10. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Don't forget to take a camera and get some pics for the future website :D

Oh, and announcement is up on the Fan Force site.

11. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Chris- I'm surprised they are only showing the IMAX version at TFW. Will you try and see it in its true aspect ratio on the BIG screen?? I'd recommend that too :D
    And thanks for the seating tip off, but I think they have allocated seating at BFI IMAX and I'm not sure if you can pick before hand.

Raj- T'is very tempting to see RotS too, so I'll let you know nearer the time.
    If we eat after the film, we can decide then where to go, although I refuse to eat McDonalds these days, sorry :p ;)
    Pizza is great though :D
    Meeting at the London Eye sounds nice too, although it may be easier to meet outside LS Odeon because it'll be less busy and easier to find everyone, so that would be the safer option ;)
    I'll bring my camera too!

12. Raj_Vader

Mar 28, 2005
    Excellent! You realise you're now the official London chapter photographer :p

Check out the 'ROTS 29th' thread too - last day of digital projection on 29th too! If there weren't already enough reasons to see ROTS ;)

13. mvwg3003

Jan 10, 2005
    Not sure I'm gonna be able to do Batman. But since the NFT/South Bank is like my second home chances are I'll be up there anyway so perhaps I'll wander over to the Imax to say hi.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    You do that
    We'd certainly like to meet you

15. Raj_Vader

Mar 28, 2005
    Definitely - what Richie said :)

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
  17. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    'Excellent! You realise you're now the official London chapter photographer'

Great, means I don't have to be in the picture :p

'so perhaps I'll wander over to the Imax to say hi'

That would be nice! Thanks.

As I mentioned in the 'RotS June 29th' thread, I'm definitely tempted to see that too. But do you think we should pre-order tickets for Batman?? Or make our way over there before seeing RotS to buy them from the box office?? Hope I'm not coming acoss as Mr.Bossy Boots, so please forgive me ;)

18. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    You are forgiven :p

Yes, this ROTS incident is a most difficult problem

19. Raj_Vader

Mar 28, 2005
    Hey Tice - The online booking system for IMAX is a bit of an arse - we should be ok getting the tickets on the day? We can pop down before ROTS, or if I'm particularly consciencious and go to uni, I can pick some up over the weekend - but I gotta say I'm a lazy bugger! [face_blush] :p

Also, just called Odeon to confirm date and ticket prices for ROTS - they've changed ticket pricing after renovation :( They no longer give a student discount (although I'm gonna go to the box office in person just to make sure), but they do have reduced prices for daytime showings: -

£10 royal circle (otherwise £17)
    £8 rear circle (otherwise £12.50)
    £7 stalls (otherwise £11)

I'm thinking if we book rear circle tickets we can find our way to the royal circle - not expecting a full house! Also, I don't know if the Orange Wednesday thing is still on - but a potential 2 for 1 opportunity there.

20. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Raj - Probably best we get the tickets before or after seeing RotS. And don't worry about being lazy, in this weather it's our right to be lazy ;)
    Do we know who's 100% definitely going?? The FFUK is famed for people dropping out of meets at the last minute, so I'd hate to get tickets for people and not have them turn up, so might be safer that we know who's going before tickets are bought or even better we get the tickets together.

RotS- I don't mind where we sit to be honest. I've sat both rear circle and stalls for RotS so far, and I must admit sitting in the stalls does make you feel more involved. But stalls can be annoying if someone tall sits infront :p

21. Raj_Vader

Mar 28, 2005
    I think the list so far is: -

Lord-Tice (you suprisingly :p)
    SithLordDarthRichie
    TheDarthVader
    Raj_Vader (me!)
    fizzbin

Still waiting to hear from: -

QuiGonn23
    XidXenTurres

Both would like to come but haven't confirmed yet

And of course a guest appearance by mswg3003 @ the IMAX for a quick meet n greet :D

I propose we meet outside the Odeon Leicester Square for around 12:30 - give us time to get a bite to eat before ROTS @ 1:40. If you can't make it to ROTS, then Odeon LS @ 5:00.

22. fizzbin

fizzbin Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    If this doesn't sound rude, I'd like to come too.

23. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I don't think I can make ROTS
    But Batman should be fine

24. Raj_Vader

Mar 28, 2005
    fizzbin - you *are* coming, your name's on the list.....[face_whistling] :p

Hopefully some more London student-types will wake up from their respective hang-overs and sleep-ins and sign up too :p .....andy maybe tempt some of the working-scum to take some sick leave - heat stroke should work well for next week ;)

25. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Actually, I can't be bothered to go now........... :p
    Joking of cause, in fact I probably attended the last official meet over a year ago, so I can tell ya it's really nice to have another one at long last! :D

The plan sounds great Raj. I'll let you know Monday if I'm coming for RotS, but the chances are that I will. I'm working all weekend so I can afford to relax a bit on Wednesday ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.