main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Batman] The Journal of Alfred Pennyworth (Dear Diary) | Update 7/6

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Yodaminch, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    :( I hope Richard finds Tim and takes up Batman's suit soon!

2. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    One of the more annoying things about deciding to follow along with the current comics is the wait for each one to get Alfred's take on things. I think I've finally built up enough of a window where I can post a few more entries without running out of things to write.

For the first time, young Damien has shown promise in rescuing Tim from near death. Perhaps he will indeed make a suitable Robin. Yet, again I find myself saddened. Leslie and I are repairing injuries that Tim had sustained at Jason?s hands. I fear Jason is truly lost now. He had finally crossed the ultimate line in attempting to murder Tim.

For years Jason was a cause of great sorrow for Bruce and myself. We felt we had failed him. But in truth, we did all we could. Bruce would never admit that. He?d always strove to be the best at everything and he felt he had greatly failed Jason. But Jason was a bad seed. He was brought up by the scum of the Earth for parents and by the time he had reached us, it was too late to change him. I had hoped at the time that he would use his time with us and his training to better the world. Instead I fear we?ve created a monster. Someone who knows all our secrets and all our training. That is the most dangerous type of enemy.

It is for this reason that I have grave concerns about young Damian Wayne. Perhaps if Bruce were still alive, he might have helped the boy. I fear that Bruce?s death has only galvanized Damien?s resolve to be a spoiled brat. His mouthing off and threats towards me are quite unacceptable. While Bruce, Richard and Tim have all treated me with respect ever since I?ve known them, Damien sees me only as the help. To him I am simply ?Pennyworth? Perhaps I am too old fashioned, but I would not mind seeing corporal punishment administered to the young lad.

However, there is reason to be joyful. Richard has agreed to don the cowl. He only agreed to it under several conditions however. He did not wish to follow in Bruce?s footsteps. Richard has always been his own man and he wished to make the role his. I could not be happier. I find myself slightly saddened to leave behind the batcave and Wayne manor, but I have had enough unhappy memories in this home. It is time to move on. This chapter of our life is over. We now move to our new home and begin anew.

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Poor Alfred, having to deal with all that. I hope Damien stops acting like a spoiled brat. How old is he?

And I'm glad Richard's going to play Batman :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.