main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Extended Version (2016)

Discussion in 'Community' started by --Stranger--, Jun 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. --Stranger--

--Stranger-- Jedi Master

Sep 13, 2012
    Well well well.....What a bombastic fight, check it out.....On one side of the ring, there's Batman.....And on the other side, there's Superman.....Two highly iconic superheroes.....Both are "gigantic" comic characters.....Both have massive fanbase across the globe.....They stand for justice, protect the good.....And to pit those two heroes against each other?.....Well, it sounds to me like jogging backwards in a hiking trail :) . I mean ; they (Superman&Batman) dedicate their lives for guarding people and striving to make the world a better place for society. Both heroes have good souls , and the expected conduct from the super-duper duo :) is to support eachother ; that's what they usually do in their common adventures (those take place in comics/comic series) , which's become kinda cliche. But in the movie "Batman v Superman" ; Zack Synder turns this boring "cliche" inside out and sets those two good characters at loggerheads. Mr Synder sets up a great screenplay , he establishes-the-stage-so well to play those superheroes off each other , so much so that the movie convinces the viewers that it wasn't an unusual thing to see the two tremendeous characters falling out with each other. In other saying ; Mr Synder makes the joggers persuaded that it wasn't odd to see someone jogging backwards in the walking trail :) .....

In fact ; a movie that's about Superman&Batman's tussle was a long-awaited project by comic fans like me :) . And in the 2007-made film "I Am Legend" ; which takes place in a post-apocalyptic , zombie-infested future , which also stars Will Smith as a highly-determined scientist (who's hell bent on finding a cure to the very disease that'd turned the entire human population into mindless zombies) , the possibility of a flick that'd include the very superheroes' scramble was slightly signalled :) . As a sole survivor of a lethal plague , when (Mr Smith's character) Robert Neville strolls in the future-New York City , we see Superman&Batman's signs-interwoven-in-a poster on a movie theater, rrrrright-before-the-movie's logo "I Am Legend" appears.....It's always been something like a tradition to set superheroes against eachother in the American Comic Culture. Way back in '76 , Superman and Spider-Man come face to face and scramble eachother in DC and Marvel's commonly-published comic book. In Namor the Submariner's 62-issued series' 24th book , Namor fights with Wolverine ; both are strong, macho-appearing characters , and as a loyal comic reader , I could say that it was fun to see those kind of heroes' knock-down with eachother :) . Much like Namor&Wolverine , He-Man and Superman (yeah, you've read it right, folks :) , He-Man&Superman) make a death-match in He-Man's homeworld of Ethernia in DC's ('82-published) comic adventure. Dark Horse's '92-published, 4-issued crossover series sees Terminator and Robocop, two legendary metal-heads :) fighting eachother. That list (of superheroes vs superheroes) continues , grows longer , goes on and on and on , and pours into movies :) .....

And not only the good characters, but even the notorious baddies tussle eachother. In the 2004-made movie "AVP : Alien vs Predator" and its 2007-made sequel "AVPR : Alien vs Predator-Requiem" , two mortal , fierce monsters of the sci-fic world ; Aliens and Predators come face to face.....Two arrant-slayers of the teen-slasher genre ; "A Nightmare On Elm Street" movies' razor-fingered , burnt faced murderer Freddy Krueger , and "Friday the 13th"s hockey-masked bloodshedder Jason tangle in the 2003-made film "Freddy vs Jason" (I saw it at the cinema and had a bucked time while watching the two "champions" of violence :) ; Freddy&Jason fighting eachother..... :) ) .The "Vs Glut" also expands its limits and pits certain assemblages ; certain communities of superheroes against eachother. In 2012-published comic "Avengers vs X-Men" ,the two "fixture" superhero groups of the Marvel Universe ; "The Mighty Avengers" and "Uncanny X-Men" hassle eachother (I still haven't read the comic, but I shall :) ).....The (2013-14 published) 6-issued series see two huge communities ; the DC territory and the world of He-Man clash in "DC Universe Vs Masters of the Universe". I'm so happy to see that DC'd incorporated MOTU. I mean ; He-Man's adventures already take place in a vast land , and by getting into DC Comic's territory , its (MOTU's) universe shall become even more tremendeous than it ever was by intersecting with the characters&locations of DC (Oh, by the way ; I'm aching for seeing the longly-expected new He-Man movie in theaters , but I haven't been reading any news, or any stuff about it on internet for months, nevertheless, it makes me ssssoooo happy to know that a new He-Man cartoon; "Masters Of The Universe: Revelation" would've begun soon enough on Netflix, which'll be produced by Kevin Smith. Its pilot episode shall air on 23rd of July, I also watched its trailer and I liked it a lot, so much so that I watched it 3 times :) ).

And with not making the entrance part of my topic too long (it's already been long :) ) , let's come to the subject of the very movie , in other words ; "Batman v Superman : Dawn Of Justice".....After his conflict with General Zod (Michael Shannon) and his henchmen , Superman (Henry Cavill) leaves the city of Metropolis in ruins altough he wins the fight against the evil Kryptonians at the end of "Man of Steel (2013)" , which is also the starting point of "Batman v Superman". Upon the devastating clash , the world slightly begins to fear Superman, even though he's accepted as a savior at the same time by the communities of the globe. Much like most of the people , Bruce Wayne (aka Batman-portrayed by Ben Affleck) sees Superman as a lethal threat to the human race.In order to defeat the red caped hero once and for all , Batman steals a cryptonite boulder from Lex Luther's (Jesse Eisenberg) research facility , which irritates Luthor. Since Superman has a weakness against Kryptonite , it has a very great value for his (Superman's) foes. To avenge the heist , Lex schemes a fiendish plot to get rid of Batman for good. He attempts to pit Superman against the Dark Knight (that is Batman) , and to do so , he sends his men to kidnap Clark Kent's mother Martha Kent (Diana Lane). With Martha (Kent) as being his captive , he can easily manipulate Superman and make him do whatever he wants. His (Lex') thugs abduct Martha and put her in a warehouse. They (Lex' men) also kidnap Lois Lane (Amy Adams) , and take her to Lex Luthor (via a copter) who's already been waiting at the roof of his building. After having a brief/unpleasant conversation with Lois , Lex pushes her from the top of the building with knowing that Superman would come to rescue her. The Man Of Steel indeed lends a helping hand to Lois (who falls with an increasing velocity) , and safely grounds her. After he rescues Lois , he flies to the penthouse where Lex Luthor waits (for him). Luthor tells the red caped hero that he's been holding his mother as a hostage (and as a proof , he shows him (Superman) the photos of Martha Kent which were taken in the depot while she was being tied) , and obliges Superman to fly to the city of Gotham to kill Batman. Our hero heads towards the destination (Gotham) for not to destroy Batman , but in order to ask for his assistance. And when he arrives there , he finds Batman already waiting for him fully armed , fully prepared to take care of him. The Dark Knight rampages him , and since it's unable to come to terms with Batman , Superman strifes him back to defend himself, and their mortal brawl begins ; which , in the meantime forms the movie's expected climax.....

In my previous topic (that I'd opened 11 months ago) about an episode of the tv show "Highlander" , I remained faithfull to the immortals' solid code "There can be only one" and analysed "only one" from the factors I'd observed from the episode ; i.e. "Beautifull Screenshots" , "Shooting Techniques" and "Scene Methods" in order to make it a shorter thread. At this very topic , I shall do exactly the same , or else , it'll take too much time to post my writing to the site (it's already been 11 months since my last thread) . So therefore , there'll be "one" from each elements I'd noticed (as before) , and like it was in the previous thread ; the positive&negative things I shall write about the movie will stay the same as always. The topic consists of 7 parts , and all the parts are unattached from eachother , meaning that the readers could've chosen and read any part/s they wished to. I always make this preliminary remark if I am to segment my thread into parts , for there might be members who hadn't read my writings before , or some readers may have recently become a member to this site , and I want no one to feel like an outsider to the topics I'd opened.....

PART 1 :
    (There're 6 of the 9 positive elements I'd observed along the movie in this part)

So, let's begin to read the critism of the movie by glimpsing at the positive factors those make it one of the best superhero flicks I'd ever watched : 1) In the film , Bruce Wayne's butler (and also his best/only friend) Alfred is played by Jeremy Irons. Before Mr Irons , the character'd been portrayed by Hollywood's veteran actor Michael Caine in Christopher Nolan's Batman Trilogy. I'd used to see Mr Caine as Alfred , and to be honest , I like the previous (M. Caine's) Alfred more than Mr Iron's portrayal , but while I was watching the movie , I nerver felt the lack of Michael Caine , for Jeremy Irons was also playing his role so well. And also , Mr Irons was performing a great duo with Ben Affleck along the movie much like Michael Caine&Christian Bale right before them. 2) Batman's car was appearing great ; it was a blend of the Batmobile from Tim Burton's Batman movies and Tumbler from Christopher Nolan's take-ons. Well , my most fave car from the Batman films is Tumbler ; it hasn't got too much of an aesthetic , but when it comes to action scenes , it (Tumbler) is ideally suited. It's fast , it "turbo boosts" :) much like KITT from the "Knight Rider" series , and it can scorch on rooftops. On the other hand , Tim Burton's Batmobile is not adequate when it comes to show up in an action-based movie , but it's stylish , it's catchy , and it looks flamboyant :) . The recently designed car has the feature of both vehicles from the previous (T. Burton&C. Nolan - made) films. It's suitable for action ; it's able to do nearly all the things performed by Tumbler ; it jumps , it bumps :) , it's so good at chasing baddies , and it also looks "nearly" as gorgeous as the Batmobile. Much like it (the Batmobile) , the car's shiny :) , classy , and looks remarkable.

3) The visuality throught the movie is GREAT ; the movie mostly takes place in dark environments , and in-conformity-with-the story's uncanny athmosphere , neither the characters nor the places appear as if they'd popped up from the pages of the comic books with their colourful forms , which I always find unsuitable for the (comic-adapted) films. Among the superhero flicks , I may give "Justice League (2017)" and "Aquaman (2018)" as productions those'd taken the environments&characters from the comic squares and place within the movie-world "as" they appear in comics. I watched both movies (Aquaman&Justice League) in movie theater and depending on my observations , I could say that they (the films) would've appeared more, much more convenient if they had EXACTLY-the-same-kind of visuality applied for "Batman v Superman".

4) The movie's foremost characters are Superman and Batman, but that doesn't mean that we wouldn't have seen anymore heroes from the DCU. Instead of the prominent characters (Superman&Batman) , other comic characters also show up along the story. The film introduces Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) to the audiences for the first time, and when Diana (Wonder W.) opens up her laptop computer , she sees an e-mail sent to her by (Bruce) Wayne , which is a cracked information from Luthor Corp. that includes a gathering of resources for the existence of metahumans. She (Diana) opens the e-mail , clicks on the folder of metahumans, and sees 3 more signs (of DC heroes) beside her mark. While she's glimpsing at the short videos of each emblem , the viewers see Cyborg , Aquaman and Flash. Instead of showing other superheroes , instead of enriching its (comic) athmosphere , the movie also lays the foundations of Justice League. 5) The scores those play throught the film are StUnNinG :) ; Hans Zimmer's collaboration with Junkie XL really pays off , but it's Mr Zimmer whose influence overweighs when it comes to the musics' style. I also heed his (Mr Zimmer's) scores along (Mr Nolan's) Batman movies while I'm watching them. The tracks have a dark, massive style, and when you listen them, you may get into this very feeling that you were swung in the middle of a science fiction athmosphere (I'm commenting specifically on Mr Zimmer's tracks those play along sci-fic&superhero films). I also listened the movie's (Batman v Superman) soundtrack album which consists of 18 songs (I have the "Deluxe Edition" version of the very album that adds 5 more bonus tracks to the essential ones). Instead of being a VERY good display of instrumental work, the album stands to be as a brilliant sample to the music genre of "New Age".....

6) The usage of colour tones in the movie is-adjusted-so-professionally. So much so that no-environment/character-appears-unparallel to the movie's (dark) style of commentating its story to the audience. I may give the appearance of the scene that takes place in the Indian Ocean as a good example for it. At the part ; a diver plunges into water and extracts a rock that contains kryptonite. The colours those-preponderate-in-the screenshots (which form the very part) are open&dark tones of blue ; used for the sky , and turquise ; the sea colour. Mostly, the open forms of blue and turquise outweigh the (Indian Ocean) scene, altough, it (the scene) doesn't endamage the movie's athmosphere. Ok, the scene lasts shortly, it may be a small detail, but it could've made a "certain" effect in the film if the colours were adjusted unprofessionally.....My second sample for the good adhibition of colour tones is the part that takes place in the Batcave. Mr Synder mostly-uses-the-tones of the colour green which is sliding to gray. We could see the open&dark forms (but mostly-the-dark-forms) of the colour within the place. The clothes Bruce and Alfred wear-have-colours-suitable , very suitable for the appearance of the Batcave.

PART 2 :
    (The second part consists of 3 (of the 9) positive factors from the very movie)

7)
    The actings throught the movie are splendid. There's a great collaboration among the cast ; each actor and actress play their part SO well :) , but I mostly liked Jesse Eisenberg's portrayal of Lex Luthor. In my opinion, Mr Eisenberg has the best performance along the movie. Throught the 3 hours-long (expanded version of the) movie , he exhibits-a-SPECTECULAR-example of acting. If there was a definition for the notion "beyond perfect" , that could've been said for the work Mr Eisenberg had performed. After him (Mr Eisenberg) , Gal Gadot and Jeremy Irons are my favourite. When it was stated to the press that the new Batman role would've been played by Mr Affleck , some fans gave it the thumbs down , but his performance in the movie was very good , in so much that he fit the role like a glove , that's one of the reasons why the film was a blockbuster. I'd also watched him (Mr Affleck) in Marvel's 2003 adaptation of "Daredevil" , in which he was forming a brilliant trio with Jennifer Garner and Colin Farrell. And one other cause (among many causes) for the film's success was Henry Cavill's reprising his role of Superman for the second time. Thus far, I'd seen TOO MANY actors playing the character (of Superman) , but IMHO , Henry Cavill is the best one among them. For too many, Christopher Reeve is considered the best, most remarkable Man of Steel of all time, but I like Mr Cavill's portrayal even more than Mr Reeve :) .

8) Zack Synder gives equal-weight-to-both superhero athmosphere and the movie's action-based style ; which form the film's basis. Mr Synder catches the balance between the two key factors SO well. The 2005-made "Batman Begins" and Patty Jenkins' 2017 take-on for DC's lasso-swinger heroine "Wonder Woman" are awesome instances for that. In both movies, the directors (Mr Nolan and Ms Jenkins) equilibrate the comic-world appearance and the dose of action scenes brilliantly. In "Batman Begins" , Mr Nolan places some characters to his film such as Judge Faden (Gerard Murphy) , Carmine Falcone (Tom Wilkinson) , bat-like ballet dancers (in the part when Bruce watches opera with his parents) and Ra's al Ghul (Liam Neeson) who evoke comic books, who induce-the-story's-comic athmosphere. Oh, by the way, I like Liam Neeson's performance in Batman Begins a lot. The character he portrays ; Ra's al Ghul appears CHARISMATIC BEYOND CHARISMATIC throught the movie :) .And also; in "Wonder Woman" ; the viewers see the island of Themyscira ; the fantasy domain of the Amazons which consists of ancient-appearing houses/buildings. Much like places (those echo with comics) , Ms Jenkins also-splatters-characters-to her take-on who increases the comic aspect of the film such as the Amazonian warriors.....

I might give the critically acclaimed "The Dark Knight" (2008) as a bad example for it. It might be a good movie , but it could've been better if Mr Nolan had given weight to the film's comic appearance as the same weight he had added to the action scenes. Since the arms of the "libra" lost their balances ; since Mr Nolan gave-too-much-weight to the (film's) style of action , the movie-completely-lost-its comic-adaptation side. And due to their not being-able-to-camouflage themselves within a comic environment, the characters such as Joker (Heath Ledger) , Batman (Christian Bale) , Scarecrow (Cillian Murphy) and Two-Face (Aaron Eckhart) were-showing-very-"salient" along the action-oriented film.....

9) In my topic's introduction part , I told that Mr Synder'd changed the cliche of Superman&Batman's assisting one onother and pit them against eachother. Along the story , he (Mr Synder) also overturns an another cliche : As being audiences , we're so used to see Superman as being the "golden boy" that runs the show. In all Superman movies prior to this one , no matter how often Superman is taken down , he always stands up more strongly than before , but in Batman v Superman, the red-caped hero is no more the undefeatable character that'd been in the foreground, which has become an another boring cliche. Towards the (movie's) finale, he looses his fight with Batman, gets beaten up so badly (by the caped crusader) , and even after their lethal tussle ends, an another troublesome task awaits him (Superman) which results with his undoing. Well, this is also the first movie in the history of Hollywood that ends with the Kryptonian hero's downfall and funeral.....In the very picture, Mr Synder doesn't only alter the routine of Superman&Batman's chumming eachother, but he also changes the routine of Superman's image of always being the ultimate, one and only winner, which gives a (bothersomely) fresh breath to the DC's movie universe.....

PART 3 :
    (3 of the 7 negative things I'd noticed throught the film are included in the 3rd part)

As for the negative factors I'd noticed-along-the-very movie : 1) Alfred (Jeremy Irons) appears younger than the Alfreds I'd seen in the cinema until then. In Tim Burton's (Batman) films "Batman" ('89) and "Batman Returns" ('92) ; the character was portrayed by Michael Gough , who played his role so remarkably. After the success of the first two movies , the caped crusader's expedition through the white screen went on , but in the third and fourth take-ons ("Batman Forever" - '95 and "Batman&Robin" - '97) , the films' directing was taken over by another coming of age director ; Joel Schumacher. And Michael Gough continued to play Alfred along those productions too. Eight years after the fourth movie ; a new (Batman) film ; "Batman Begins" (2005) hit the theaters, which was the first chain of a forthcoming series - a trilogy , designed by the mastermind producer Christopher Nolan. In the take-on (Batman Begins) , Alfred was portrayed by Michael Caine , and his performance was gorgeous. In the second&third movies of Mr Nolan's trilogy ("The Dark Knight" - 2008 and "The Dark Knight Rises" - 2012) , the character (of Alfred) was again played by Mr Caine.....

Both Alfreds I'd watched during the 7 movies were elder actors ; I mean I used to see Alfred as a seemingly elderly character. After Bruce's parents were murdered , Alfred became a father figure , a mentor for him (Bruce) , and for "that" kind of a role , a much older appearing persona is required to convince the viewers that there was "thoroughly" an age difference between Bruce and Alfred. But in Batman v Superman, Alfred seems nearly as if he was at the same age with Bruce. With make up , Mr Irons might've become a much elder man, which'd be more persuasive for the Batman fans who used to see Alfred as a hoary person.

2) Towards the movie's end ; Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman tussle with the tremendous monster for the sake of the residents of Metropolis. But at the very part , we see-only-the-"three" of them fight against the diabolical, giant creature. No police forces, no SWAT teams, no military crew, but just our sympathetic, super-duper :) trio. Ok, neither any security personnel nor any armed vehicle is able to resist such a monster that colossal, but even though, it would've-seemed-more-effective if dozens of (security) staff members had rallied around the super heroes in order to help them.....In the second Superman movie (made in '80 - which starred Mr Reeve as the red-caped hero) , General Zod and his two companions arrive earth and shortly after, they begin to terrorize the first vicinity close to them. They wreak havoc upon a small American town, and when the military personnel arrives to cope with the three Kryptonians, they (the soldiers) can't stand a chance against the super-villains. No armed vehicle, no weapon suffices to take on them, and the conflict results with humans' defeat. Altough they (military forces) are easy meat for Zod&his comrades, their tussle (with the Kryptonians) gives a persuasive/satisfactory appearance to the movie for the viewers.....I mean, watching the whole military personnel's conflict with the Kryptonians is-better-than-"only" the town Sheriff and his assistant's trying to take on the Kryptonian trio.....

3) The mistake (of "few" guys trying to tackle a bad menace) which I've mentioned in the previous item is, unfortunately, not only holds good only for baddies, but also the superheroes have their share of that prominent fault. In the beginning of the movie, a prowl car arrives to a building upon a denunciation about a bunch of civilian hostages' being hold captive by a criminal. After they set foot in the desolate place, they find out that the situation had been handled by Batman. Well, it's a building where the Dark Knight is present, and only "one" patrol car arrives there. I mean, it'd be more efficient, much more efficient to see more than one police car in front of the very building.....In "Batman Begins" ; right after Batman comes to his friend Rachel's (Katie Holmes) rescue, defuses Scarecrow&the thugs in Arkham Asylum, the police force and SWAT team arrive there. Batman is just one man, but it-appears-much-more effective to-see-too-many security officers than one or two policeman in the very part. When Batman escapes from the asylum via Tumbler, the action "again" continues and-lots-of-prowl cars and a helicopter mobilize to catch/stop the extraordinary vehicle. They can be no match for the hi-tech endorsed Tumbler, and our wall-shatterer, roof-spanner vehicle :) trivially evades them. Tumbler may be only one vehicle, but it's more convincing (for the audience) to-watch-so-many cars trying to get a handle on Tumbler instead of only one patrol car chasing it.....

PART 4 :
    (The 4th part comprises of 3 (of the 7) negative factors those attracted my attention)

4)
    The Daily Planet shots (in the movie) appear way too colourless ; white and gray (but mostly white) are the colours those predominate along the (newspaper size) takes. The foremost thing that saves the part is Laurence Fishburne's (Perry White) acting ; his performance gives-a-"warmer"-appearance to the very scenes (those take place within Daily Planet). The part might've been more colourfull ; it might've included-dark&pale-tones-of certain colours. In the tv show "Smallville" (which starred Tom Welling as the "yet non-caped Man of Steel) ; there are-many-tones-of various colours-applied-for-the screenshots taken in the Daily Planet. Within this different version (of Daily Planet) , we can see the brown colour in the wooden doors, the walls have mostly the tones of blue and brown. The windows and the interior of the elevator are ornamented with colourfull motifs which give-kinda-mythical-sight to the very frames, and there's also the globe statue with the "Daily Planet" logo spinning around it at the top of the building. Well, to be frank ; I find "Smallville"s Daily Planet takes "too" colourfull, the-opposite-way-round of the movie's (Batman v Superman) shootings , however, when it comes to making a comparison, Smallville's DP screenshots come more calid for me.....

5) Bruce Wayne's workouts are too extreme. In the middle of the movie, we see B. Wayne doing extraordinary trainings. He peens a truck wheel, does pull ups with a MASSIVE amount of weight attached to him , pushes an extremely heavy burden , and pulls a lotation tire via a thick rope. Well, those type of exercises are too exaggerated even for Captain America :) , I mean he (Bruce) is planning a showdown with Superman, but NO matter how stringent the trainings are, they'll be ineffective against the Man of Steel. He (Superman) is a powerfull , a VERY powerfull character, and Mr Synder also emplaces-some-key-scenes to his movie to show Superman's level of strength. For instance ; at-the-scene-when Batman chases Luthorcorp's truck, the car he drives unstoppablingly proceeds ; it smashes walls to smithereens, it automatically hurls everything aside it contacts, and when it crashes Superman, it gets pitched away at the instant it touches him. But the effect of the collision doesn't totter Superman, not even a "tiny" bit.....

I may also give an another sample for it among the scenes from Batman&Superman affray. In the beginning of their quarrel, Superman descends to the penthouse where the bat-vigilante stands. In order to come to terms with Batman, the red caped hero comes down to the roof and walks towards the Dark Knight, but his paces are interrupted by shock wave weapons. Superman takes a sewer cap, divides the metal cap into two parts as if he was tearing a piece of paper, and throws both parts of the lid to the weapons, angrily says "You don't understand, there's no time!" , Batman responds "I understand". Right after his reply, Superman "slightly" pushes him, and the "gentle" touch :) hurls our caped crusader far afield. He continues approaching to Batman, but this time he's blocked by target-hunting machine guns. The firings (of the machine guns) doesn't do any harm (not even a scratch :) ) to the Man of Steel, he ascends and easily defuses them by firing back with his laser stares. He dismounts, gets close to Batman, grabs him, and throws him away like a snowball :) .....Those scenes (like so many parts in the movie) show that Superman was more, much more powerfull than Batman, and the workouts B. Wayne does against a superhero in a strength level "that" superior are so meaningless.....

6) Batman kinda "labels" all the villains he'd encountered by stigmatizing them with his batsign. In the beginning of the movie, he brands a criminal who holds a couple of people as hostages in a building. When the cops arrive the place, they see that the hostages had already been saved and the culprit had been taken down by Batman. When the polices approach the criminal, they notice the bat-mark on his chest. And at the very end of the movie, the caped crusader sneaks into the penal institution where Lex Luthor was gaoled. He talks with Luthor for a while, and when their short conversation finishes, the winged-vigilante brands the cell's wall with his symbol.....The (bat) emblem might be ok, but Batman's stigmatizing the villains isn't his style, that's mostly pertain to another hero, i.e. The Phantom. Each and every superhero has his/her own method which distincts him/her from the other (super) characters and gives him/her a certain characterism. For instance ; Thor is a mystical deity (and my most fave superhero :) ) , he wields an enchanted hammer. Spider-Man is a wall-crawler , he hurls webs around. Ghost-Rider has divine powers and has a peculiar stare that redeems his enemies (oh, and he's my second favourite comic character after Thor :) ) . There are, of course, MANY heroes to give as a sample, those're the ones which flashed through my mind. And as for Batman ; he "already" has his style, he's dark, he moves on through the shadows and he's quite arcane. I mean ; he needn't have "that" kind of a method, not at all. It could've been something else instead of labeling the baddies, something more inherence to Batman's ways.

PART 5 :
    (This part contains one of the negative elements I'd marked (within the movie) and a "Beautifull Screenshot" which adorn the film's visuality)

7)
    In some scenes, when Batman hurls people&things via his exclusive string (that he'd stuck to them) , it seems so "obvious" that the parts'd been generated by visual effects. E.g. ; towards the end of the tussle between Batman&Superman , our Dark Knight grabs Superman and throws him from the well. After the red caped hero falls to the floor, Batman ties up his leg with the all-purpose bat-string :) , and while he's dragging the wrecked Kryptonian (via the string) , he bids "I bet your parents thought you that you mean something. That you're here for a reason. My parents thought me a different lesson, dying in the gutter for no reason at all". And right after he finishes his catchy phrase :) , he throws Superman at the ruined building's pillars at 02:10:16 (and please keep in mind that-the-specific-timeline I've given is for the "expanded version" of the movie, not for the original footage) . He crashes&breaks four of the columns, and falls upon a ledge.....At-the-very-scene ; when Superman is hurled by the bat-vigilante , it seems so appearent that the swift part is made by (visual) effects, for Superman-moves-so-slowly while he's being spun (by Batman) . It'd have been much better if-Superman'd-moved-two times faster than the motion he does (when he's revolved around by his opponent) , and the short scene would've appeared more "natural" and credible for the viewers.....

Mr Synder makes "exactly"-the-same-type of that prominent mistake at the part when Batman fights the thugs to rescue Martha Kent (Diana Lane). While Batman's putting up a struggle with Luthor's men, he stabs his string at the shoulder of one of the villains ( 02:16:56 ) , he-pulls-the-villain to himself and biffs him. Then, at-an-another-scene (of the same part) , the caped crusader sticks his rope to a wooden box ( 02:17:28 ) and throws-it-upon-one of the thugs.....Now ; if you-behold-both-takes , you'll notice that the "thug" and the "big wooden box" (which were pulled&hurled by Batman) make slow motions, which make it obvious, so obvious that they were the result of the work of exclusive effects. Much-like-it-was in the previous example ; in which Superman was pitched to the pillars (by Batman) , it'd've been better, "far"-better-if-both "the thug" and "the wooden box" had made much faster movements at-the-very-instant they were pulled&thrown by our caped vigilante :) .....But not all the scenes that include things grabbed by the bat-string are wrongly-made. I may also-give-a-good instant for that kind of take from a swift scene which takes place in the part when Batman pursues Luthorcorp's vehicles. In the beginning of the chase, the Dark Knight pushes a button in his hi-tech vehicle which fires&stabs harpoon at a wrecked car (that was smote upon a container nearby) at 01:16:02 , and drags the car behind Batmobile via its string. While it's being dragged, the ruined car rolls and crashes into walls/roadblocks until Batman detaches the harpoon and makes the battered car fall upon the villains' vehicle.....When the viewers watch the car being dragged and hurled (to the thugs' car) , Mr Synder adjusts the (ruined) car's speed-of-motion-so well, and that was "definitely" how I wished the other parts (those include things&people thrown via the bat-string) appear in the movie.....

In the "Beautifull Screenshot" section (of my topic) , I shall elaborate-on-the-scene that takes place in the Indian Ocean.....In the movie's beginning, right after the part that shows the massive conflict between the Kryptonians (Superman&Zod) in Metropolis, the scene cuts to a frame, in which two Indian divers make a survey of a shallow area in the (Indian) ocean. One of the divers plunges to the sea and takes an uncanny rock from the ocean floor. They (the divers) get the rock to the shore, show it to a petrology expert, and when he (the p. expert) breaks the rock's shell, he reveals the Kryptonite within its very alburnum.....The frame I shall lean over in the part is the one that shows at 00:10:26 ; in which the-camera-shoots-the ocean from a wide angle , with a huge Kryptonian artifact backing the screenshot (and the text "Somewhere In The Indian Ocean" appears on the scene) .The colour-that-mostly-dominates over the shot is the one that covers the ocean ; which is turquois. The reefs below the sea appear as beautifully designed patterns, smudges within its (ocean's) colour (of turqouis). A white boat appears-close-to-the camera. There're two divers on it, and its colour ; the open tone of white goes-so-parallel/coherent-with the general colour that outweighs the screenshot (i.e. turquois).

The colossal (Kryptonian) artifact that-rears-the-scene adds an "intense" effect to the frame, and it has two prominent segments. The right segment appears like a giant sea shell. The part that shows leftwards is more like an egg which was stripped off from its glaire, and the sphere within it associates with egg yolk. It (the sphere) has a smaller, pupil-like orb on it, which-enhances-its-aesthetic, but also (enhances) the glory of the very frame in general as well. Before the (egg-like) globe, there stand 4 sharp, metalic "claws" that're redolent of giant thorns. The two claws those-appear-right-in front of the "fractured" sphere are perpendicular, and the other ones (claws) leftside of it (the sphere) are leaned aside, which remind me of the "giant hand" with taloned fingers from the science fiction movie "Krull" (well, I've mentioned this film in many of my topics thus far, for it's a glittering gemstone and a TRUE MASTERPIECE :) ) .In the picture (Krull) , when Princess Lyssa (Lysette Anthony) is imprisoned within the Beast's fortress, we see her walking within an enormous, monstrous hand (which has sharp, clawed fingers) for a couple of times in the midst of the movie. The dreaded hand was designed so cleverly (along with many things in the movie) , much-like-the-metallic talons from the very screenshot (from Batman v Superman). Even at-the-rear-of the artifact, two boats appear on both sides of it, and there're also floating barriers around (the artifact) those'd been put for preventing people&vessels from approaching it. From left to right, the colour of the sky slightly coagulates from open blue to a darker blue, and as the sky-colour enmuffles-to-a-darker tone, the appearance of the white clouds gain more importance&intensity...............

PART 6 :
    (Part 6 includes the scrutinization of a "Shooting Technique" applied by Mr Synder)

When it comes to the "Shooting Technique" part of the thread ; the (shooting) technique I shall focus on is the one that-takes-place-at the end of the part which includes a brief chase between Batmobile and Luthorcorp's vehicles ; the scene that sees Superman&Batman encounter for the very first time. As always, I shall-divide-the-very technique into parts, and explain-it-shot-by shot. The shots last for 70 seconds ; the first take-shows-at 01:18:33 , the last-take-appears-at 01:19:43 , and during the timespan of 70 seconds, Mr Synder makes-20-camera-shots, so there're 20 parts (shots) in total which I shall-import-in-depth , which construct a very efficient (shooting) technique with their unification.....And if you're ready for a little piece of brain-gymnastics :) , let's divide-this-shooting-technique in pieces, and start from the first one : 1) The-camera-shoots-from the rear of Batmobile ( 01:18:33 ) , we see the smokes coming from it (Batmobile) , and this (camera) take is my most fave one among the 20 shots :) . 2) Batman's face appears from a close perspective (within the Batmobile) , and since he's turning the wheel hard, he squeezes his lips. 3) The-third-frame-shows the Batmobile from afar, it (the Batmobile) draws a half circle. Towards the end of the swift screenshot, the car gets closer and closer to the camera, and rrrrright-before-the-very frame comes to an end, it (the car) appears from the "nearest" perspective.

4) The objective shows Superman from a close perspective, and we-see-the-short scene from his (Superman's) back. Batmobile appears beside the red-caped Kryptonian. If you-behold-the-screenshot , you'll see that its-speciality-was-its being shot 50% in normal speed, 50% in slow motion. A-the-second-part of the shooting, Mr synder decelerates-the-speed-of the take and Batmobile makes its diversion with a "slower" momentum. 5) Superman appears "again" from a near angle , but this time (the-camera-shoots-him) from his front, and the (Batmobile's) headlight reflects on him. Mr Synder continues to apply the slow-motion technique also in this very shot, and it (the slow mo. technique) lasts-until-the-end of the next (6th) frame. 6) Much like it was in the second screenshot, the camera shows Batman from inside of his car, he (the caped crusader) stares Superman astonishedly. 7) The frame shows Batman's foot pushing the (car's) brake. That's one of the shortest-lasting shots (among the 20). 8) We see-the-scene-from Superman's back. The Batmobile crashes him, but of course :) , nothing happens to the Man Of Steel. 9) Within the 20 takes, this-9th-is-among the ones which appear most beautifully :) , for it scenes an "explosion". With the very explosion, there-comes-fire-and the scene is "ornamented" with the tones of yellow.....Right after the Batmobile crashes our red caped hero, (with the effect of its hitting) it's hurled to a depot nearby. It's thrown so harsly, insomuch that it appears like one of those small, toy-cars while it's being pitched away :) .As-it-was-in the 4th and 8th takes, we see the very scene from Superman's back. The car hits the warehouse, and the barrels (those stand rightwards) explode due to the effect of the massive hit, and Superman moves towards the car. Mr Synder shoots the scene partly in its natural speed, partly in slow motion : When the car's being hurled to the storage bin, the-camera-shoots-the scene with a normal momentum, but while Superman's pacing towards the half-wrecked car, Mr Synder uses-slow-motion-technique for the other part (of the take).

10) The inside of the Batmobile gets smoky (but of the harsh clash) , and the-camera-shoots-the scene within the car ; from-the-rear-of Batman as he flounders. 11) Mr Synder continues-shooting-from-the Batmobile's interior, but this time he shows Batman's face from top left-hand corner. 12) In the twelfth frame, we firstly-see-the-scene from the back of Batman's right shoulder. Superman appears in the Batmobile's window, the-camera-rapidly-slides upwards, and Superman takes the doors (of the Batmobile) apart. 13) The objective shoots both Superman&Batman from afar. The red caped hero throws the doors (he'd ripped off) away. Batman stands up and both iconic, spectecular heroes come face to face. This screenshot "also" takes place among my most favourite ones within the 20 frames, and Mr Synder "slightly"-moves-the-camera from right to left during-the-5-seconds long scene. 14) Superman appears closely, and bids (to the caped crusader) "Next time they shine your light in the sky, don't go to it. The bat is dead.Bury it. Consider this mercy." While he's saying his phrase, the fire (of the explosion) reflects on his face, and it makes the very frame even more effective. The camera makes no move, and the scene cuts to the 15th take. 15) This is also one of the shortest appearing screenshots : As Superman exists the frame (he moves leftwards) , Mr Synder edges-the-objective-to Batman. 16) The viewers see the red caped Kryptonian turning his back (to the camera) , Batman's reply is heard ; he says "Tell me" , Superman stares at him, and the scene ends.

17) The camera-shoots-Batman-from a closer angle in-comparison-with-the "15th" take. Batman's speech continues; he has his beady eye on Superman and asks "Do you bleed?" 18) The short frame shows Superman side-eyeing our unbeatable, fabulous Dark Knight :) . 19) Superman&Batman appear standing on the Batmobile as-the-objective-gets closer to them. Superman "unkindly" flies to the air (in responce to the C. Crusader) , and the-camera-rapidly-rises, in parallel to Superman's "swift" ascension. The viewers see the red caped Kryptonian disappearing in the sky, and in the meantime, Mr Synder continues-to-approach-the camera (to Batman) while-he's-shooting-the Man of Steel. 20) When-the-frame-passes from 19th to the next one, the camera goes-on-drawing-near to Batman's face with-"exactly"-the-same speed it uses in the previous (19th) take. And right after its (the objective's) motion ends, we see-the-winged-vigilante's face from-a-very-near angle, and he says "You will".....And with the end of this very screenshot, the 20 frames those-build-a-magnificent (shooting) technique by their-back-to-back screening concludes. The thing I could say for the 20 takes is that Mr Synder put different camera-actions and various/beautifull shooting techniques (within the frames) to good use. And by the unification of those 20 shots, an even bigger (shooting) technique occurs which adds more, MUCH more importance to the part that shows the very first encounter of the gorgeous duo; i.e. Superman&Batman :) ...............

PART 7 :
    (My dear readers (I love you all :) ) , when I started writing the 7th part, I supposed it to comprise of 4 pharagraphs , but when I began writing, I wanted to write more, much more, and it became a 15 pharagraphs-long part. You don't have to read all of them (the pharagraphs) at once, you may divide the part into days, read 4 pharagraphs each day (which takes 4 days to finish it) , and post your respond a couple of days later. That'll be ok, for I check my topics everyday..........The last part involves an analysis of an efficient "Scene Method" used in the film.....)

Much like I'd mentioned only "one" of the previous things from each factors (i.e. "Beautifull Screenshots" , "Shooting Tecniques") , I shall also comment on just one of the "Scene Methods" that I'd noticed in this very section. Mr Synder uses "too many" (scene) methods throught the film, but if I write about all of them, it'll take LOTS of time, and since time's my biggest obstacle (while I'm preparing the threads) , I shall focus on just one (scene) method from the movie. And the one that mostly drew my attention (among many scene methods) is the one-that-takes-place in the movie's beginning. When the cops arrive the building where a couple of people'd been taken as hostages by a hazardous criminal, they see that they (the hostages) had already been rescued by Batman. But since they're in awe of the Dark Knight; since they scare from him, they refuse to come out of their prison (where they'd been kept by force). And one of them refers to Batman as if he was a "divine" creature by saying "It saved us. A devil". After one of the policemen ascends from the stairs, he finds the criminal chained to the central heating on the upper floor. And when he turns his head upwards, he finds Batman standing above the ceiling with his arms wide-open (at 00:23:10). In the part, Mr Synder-uses-such-a (scene) method that makes Batman appear like crucifixus Jesus Christ, and upon one of the hostages' defining him as a "devil" ; as a supernatural character, his image (of resembling Jesus Christ) adds a more "deific" sight on him.....

It's a BRILLIANT scene method, and exactly the-same-type-of this very method was used by John Carpenter in his '98-made horror film "Vampires" ; which stars James Woods as a vampire hunter hell-bent on wiping out all of the vampires from the face of the earth. The movie starts with showing a team of (vampire) hunters cleaning a desolate/tumbledown house from vampires. And after their routine hunt ends, they throw a party at a motel (named "Sun-God Motel") with a bunch of women. When one of the women (portrayed by Sheryl Lee) enters to one of the rooms (in the motel) in order to wait for her partner, she's welcomed by something "horrific" instead : As she opens the (room's) door and paces inside, we see the eerie vampire Valek (Thomas Ian Griffith) "stuck" to the ceiling and opened his arms both sides just like Jesus Christ crucified to the cross (at 00:19:21) , which gives a godly appearance to him. He's already a "satanic" creature, and his likeness to Jesus Christ in the very frame enhances-his-divine-image ; much-like-it-was in the previous Batman-example (in which I likened the Caped Crusader to Jesus Christ) , which, in my opnion, is an efficient, very efficient method to increase the magnitude of both characters (Batman&Valek) , and even carry-their-appearances-to an arcane level.....John Carpenter and Zack Synder are movie-making masterminds, and they both use this very method in-the-truest-part of their movies. It (the method) might appear as a small detail, but it-augments-the-quality of both films, especially if you use it in-the-right-spot of the movie...............

At 2016's March issue of Empire Magazine, I read out Ian Nathan's essays on Batman v Superman, and I also read Nick De Semlyn's review of the movie included within the regular section "In Cinemas" at Empire's 323rd issue.....Well, I both watched the original footage and expanded version of the film (BvS) , and I could say that I liked the latter (exp. version) more, much more than the original one, which lasts for 3 hours (30 minutes more than the original version). Many movies also have their expanded footages, and in some films, the added scenes (of their widened versions) appear unnecessary and decreases their pithiness. But there're also broaded versions of many movies those include (edited) scenes which pile up their effectiveness. I may give "Aliens" ('86) , "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" ('66) , and the Special Edition of "Star Wars OT" ('77 , '80 , '83) as SPLENDID samples for that. And much like it'd been in those movies ; the added scenes in (the extended footage of) Batman v Superman enhances the meaningfulness of the story.

For instance ; after a massive conflict in an African village, one of the peasants ; a local woman (Kahina Ziri - portrayed by Wunmi Masaku) testifies against Superman (in the capitol) in a manner of describing him as a potential threat for the mankind. And in the film's extended version, Clark goes to the apartment she lives in order to get in touch with her. Later on ; in the movie's oncoming scenes, when the African woman changes her thoughts and wants to speak up for the Man of Steel, she's assasinated by one of Lex Luthor's thugs. Since Luthor doesn't want Superman's public image to be shined, he prevents Ziri (the African woman) from deposing.....An another edited scene takes place right after the explosion in the Capitol. In the part ; we see Superman getting Senator Finch (Holly Hunter) out of the very building and laying her to the ground. He (Superman) stares at Lois for a while, then he flies to the sky.....The third ; and the last (added) part I shall mention sees Lois Lane entering Wallace Keefe's (Scoot McNairy) flat in order to gather information about the bombing of the Capitol. After a brief check (in Wallace's home) , she leaves the apartment, and the clues she traces lead her to the one and only conclusion that Lex Luthor was behind the (explosion) event in the U.S. Capitol.....The scenes I'd told do not exist in the Original Version, but when you add them to the footage, they fill the gap in the screenplay and-"greatly"-complete-the movie.....

Since Tim Burton's '89-made "Batman" , the Caped Crusader became an important part of the popular culture we live in today. The movies (after the '89 take on) , comics, video games, cartoons and countless side products made Batman a rapidly flourishing franchise such as Superman, Star Wars, Alien, Highlander, Star Trek, The Karate Kid (which renewed its popularity with its spin-off series Cobra Kai) .....etc. And as long as readers (like me :) ) , keep on following comics, Batman's adventures will always be one of the foremost elements those take place in the realm of super heroes :) ...............Oh, and speaking of which ; I watched the third season of Cobra Kai, and in my opinion, it was the best one among the show's seasons. As before, William Zabka was definitely, genuinely, and "utterly" stealing the show along the very season. It was so cool to see our old, faithful friends from the classic (Karate Kid) movies such as Ali (Elizabeth Shue) , Chosen (Yuji Okumoto) and Kumiko (Tamlyn Tomita). I was also watching Elizabeth Shue in "The Boys" ; which's a dark comedy, a parody of super hero flicks :) , but Ms Shue's character is killed by Homelander at the end of the first season. Even though, as a massive fan of the first Karate Kid movie, I may say that it'd been cool to see "Ali" as being a different persona ; it was as if the Ali we know had gone, and a "different" Ali had taken her place :) .....I'm sending a BIG THANK YOU to the producers of the show for making the school bullies return in the recent (3rd) season, for in my "Thor: The Dark World" topic (towards the end of the thread) ; I'd told that they (the bullies) had disappeared after they'd been beaten by Miguel (Xolo Maridueña) , and (I'd told that) their lack had been felt along the 2nd season. It was so good to see them (the school bullies) back on the show again, and I also wish to see the original characters (from Karate Kid films) I'd watched before in the show again, especially Ali, who's one of the key characters those lay a bridge between the movies and tv show. Reappearance of each characters who took part before in the story (of the Karate Kid movies and previous seasons of the show) is VERY important-in-the-process of "ramifying" the story.....I read Dan Jolin's critique about the show's 1st&2nd seasons within the part "10 Of The Best" (inc. in the section "Reviews" ) at the 384th issue of Empire Mag. , and Boyd Hilton's season 3 review on the magazine's site ( empireonline.com/ ). From the very site, I also read James Dyer's brief interview with William Zabka&Ralph Macchio.....3 months ago, I watched the Cobra Kai Kid Channel's live interview with Robert Mark Kamen from Youtube, on the very day it was live streamed (7th of March). It was a good, qualified conversation with the creator of the Karate Kid, and during the podcast, Mr Kamen was revealing the unknown stuff about making of Karate Kid&Cobra Kai.....

Much like it was on the previous seasons (of Cobra Kai) , William Zabka, Ralph Macchio and Martin Kove were performing a quite effective/intense trio (on the third season) , and the chemistry they'd established with the younger actors/actresses was so fluent. And when it comes to the younger cast ; Mary Mouser is the one that mostly takes my attention. Her performance in the show is gorgeous ; she brilliantly manages to pass on the energy&vibe she has to the audiences. But instead of being a great actress, she also HYPNOTISES me with her appearance. I was struck by Ms Mouser's beauty at the first time I saw her on the show's pilot episode. She has dreamy, blue eyes, and her eyes look so weighty with sense. When I take a walk on the outside, wherever I look, to which corner I turn to, it's kind of I always see her silhoutte, and because of thinking of Ms Mouser, I can't concentrate on anything I do straight, not even on the threads I prepare ;). I'm saying "not even on the threads I prepare" , for I give a lot importance to the topics I open, and while I'm writing (the threads) , I isolate myself from the whole world to focus in the best way. I may prepare the threads by writing in computer, but I prefer to write them in the old fashioned way : I take a pencil, and pour the things I have in my mind on a paper, for it relaxes me a lot to write on a paper. Then, when it's (my writing) finished, I pass the things I'd written to the computer, read&check them from top to bottom, and finally, send the thread to this site.....

As far as I know, Ms Mouser likes to listen to Rock music, I also have an interest to that genre, and there was a period in my life while I was listening to extreme types such as Black Metal and Death Metal. I'd dived so deep in those genres ; so much so that I wasn't listening "anything" instead (of Black&Death Metal). Then, at the same era (of my life) , I decided to interrupt my university education and join the army (which's a must-do mission for men in my country, only I wanted to do it much earlier than planned). Upon my enlistment, they enrolled me, and (they) sent me to the "farthest" place of the country, where I served (the army) by rising in rank Corporal. Instead of being the other rim (of the country) , the place was completely a different world. There, I interacted with various people from lots of various cultures, and that unavoidably changed my point of view for life, which also/automatically altered my music pleasure. From the "darkest&heaviest" versions of Metal, I returned to the Rock groups/artists I'd used to listen, and I've been listening to the very genre ever since. Black Metal, Death Metal, and the genres those have approximately the same kind of stiffness are good musical types (those have a "solid" fanbase across the globe) , but if you want the music you listen to enlarge your vision, you have to "descend" to the basis. Instead of "ascending" to the extreme genres, you've got to listen to the groups&artists those'd laid the foundations of Rock, with "not" neglecting the ones (groups&artists) which follow the very path the pioners (of Rock) had opened.....Well, after my military mission, I continued the university whence I left off. Since my (military) mission lasted for 1,5 years, it costed my two education years, and my friends, who used to be my classmates, were in their senior year. I was in the first class and they were about to graduate, altough, they were envying me so much, for I completed a must-do thing which would pose an obstacle for me along the course of my life.....

Anyway, I've been listening to Rock music since I was 12, and I like to listen to bands which are the pioneers of the genre such as Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Scorpions, Black Sabbath, The Doors, Status Quo, Led Zeppelin, Queen, but I also follow the works of the bands (and artists) those came afterwards, e.g. Van Halen, Saxon, Bon Jovi, Avantasia, Doro, Stratovarius, Nightwish, Joan Jett, Iron Maiden, Yngwie Malmsteen, Duran Duran, Europe, Axel Rudi Pell, Dream Theater, Savatage, Nirvana.....And I don't want to conclude my sampling (of Rock bands/artists) without telling that Nirvana was a genuine "trailblazer" which started a new sidetrack ; a new sub-genre in the world of Rock. The group's vocalist (and brain) Kurt Cobain died so timelessly, for his band was a grain of mustard seed, plus there were SO MANY things to achieve, and IMHO, if Mr Cobain hadn't died, if he was alive, Nirvana would be one of the foremost authorities (and perhaps the "supreme" authority) among the Rock groups those are active today. And while I was mentioning about Nirvana, it's conjured up a memory :) : Before I started the University, I prepared two years for the University exams, and at the first year (of my preparation) , I was going to a course on weekends. There was this girl in our class who was a die hard fan of Nirvana. All the time she was listening to the group's songs, on each weekend she used to come (to the course) with Nirvana pictured sweat shirts and t-shirts, and we were nicknaming her as "Ms Nirvana" :) :) .....Instead of listening the Rock bands/artists , I also follow/watch the movies based on the imaginary&real life Rock bands. I might advise everyone who are in the Rock culture (much like me&Ms Mouser :) ) to watch '98-made comedy movie "Still Crazy" , which has a story similar, "so similar" to Cobra Kai. In the film ; the members of a once-successfull Rock group "Strange Fruits" (which'd been phenomenal in the '70's) , decide to unite 20 years after the band's break up. They (now in their middle ages) start from the point whence they left off, and set to go on a tour over USA , but they realize many things've changed during 20 years. Along the roller coaster ride tour, they try to grasp the fame&success they once had, and scramble to establish themselves to the new generation of Rockers who are keen on following the achievements of newly-emerging , fresh bands.....At the time it was released, the movie was showered by praises from the critics, it was also nominated in The Golden Globes as being in the category of "Best Picture" and "Best Original Song". I wasn't surprised that the movie had two Golden Globe Nominations, for instead of being a "remarkable gem" , it's among one of the best films I've ever watched those tell the story of Rock 'n' Roll bands&artists :) ...............

Every month, along with Empire Magazine, I also read "Classic Rock Magazine" ; which includes articles about the classic Rock bands&artists , and which also tells the latest news of the ones (bands&artists) those'd recently emerged on the international market. On each month, before I start reading the magazine, I firstly read Siân Llewellyn's editorials, who has brilliant observations on the progressing world of Rock. Classic Rock is already a GREAT magazine, but it seems more "refulgent" to me after I read Ms Llewellyn's beautifull writings about the going of the genre (of Rock). Oh, by the way, I've inscrolled the Rock bands&artists those I listen above, but I apologize if the listing appears "crude" , for the groups&artists I've mentioned are the ones those'd "instantly" came to my mind, and there're more, much more (groups&artists) I do listen than the ones I'd recited. And I'd also written some (bands&artists) ; which have "distinct" styles within the same genre side by side, but, well, afterall, they're the performers those'd united under the common, wide roof of Rock :) .I read Dave Everly's essay about "Queen" on Classic Rock's March issue ; which was scrutinizing 50 years of the band via the interviews made with Brian May and Roger Taylor. I also watched the biopic about Queen which was directed by Brian Singer. Rami Malek, who played Freddy Mercury put a great display of acting. It was movie making at its best, and, of course, (it was) Mr Singer at the PEAK of his power.....On the same very issue (of Classic Rock) , I also read (again) Dave Everly's words on the German Rock band Accept in the magazine's regular section "The Stories Behind The Songs". Well, I never knew that Accept's song "I'm A Rebel" was originally belonging to AC/DC. Accept'd taken the very track from the Australian Rock 'n' Rollers and adapted it in parallel to their own, "heavier" style.....And on the magazine's previous (February) issue, I read the article about Rainbow, that was containing Mick Wall's comments on the band's history, along with photos (of the band members) taken in the late 70's. The group's foremost members ; Ritchie Blackmore and Ronnie James Dio were appearing so young in the pictures :) .....

As well as listening to music, I also incline my ears to the radio channels, and my MOST favourite one among them is "Absolute Radio"s sub-channel "Classic Rock" , which has a gorgeous playlist of songs from the golden era of Rock. With its symphathetic, warm-hearted djs and (its) qualified programs, the channel rapidly ascended to number 1 in my list of international (radio) channels :) .I listen to the channel all the time along with "Absolute 80's" , which's an another sub-channel of "Absolute Radio" , and which includes nostaljic songs from the athmosphere of 80's...............I live in an apartment, and when I'm alone at home, I make use of the opportunity by listening to Rock songs with a RUMBLING volume level. I turn up the music center so high ; so much so that the sound (of the music) could've been heard easily from the upmost flat (of the apartment) to the lowermost flat, and on the summertime, when the house's windows are open, I'm sure that the music's volume might've been heard clearly from the street. I generally listen to music with a loud tone on weekends, which's a very efficient way to "exorcise" the stress of the working week :) .Most of the apartment residents consist of young, newly-wed couples. Since they're young people like me (except I'm not married :) ) , the music I listen doesn't disturb them. Oh, thank god they're good, very good people, for none of them knocks on my door and says a stuff to me :) .Well, my purpose of listening to music (with a high volume) is not to disturb anybody, but on the other hand, Rock is a genre that has to be listened with a LOUD tone, man.....I don't reside in USA, but if I did, I would miss NONE of the Rock concerts performed around the vicinity I lived :) .....

I was mentioning about Cobra Kai on the pharagraphs above that recalled me an another martial arts series named "Iron Fist" ,which's an adaptation of a superhero created by Marvel Comics. It's a 2-seasoned tv show, and (it) tells the story of Danny Rand (Finn Jones) ,who'd been instructed by the Chinese monks to be a proficient kung-fu combatant within a monastery (that stands) on the legendary mountain of K'un-Lun, after a plane trip (over the Chinese mountain range) goes awry, results with a crashing, leaves one of the passengers (a child) ;Danny (Rand ; who was aboard the plane with his parents) as being an orphan and the sole survivor of the fatal incident. The monks from K'un-Lun find Danny lying unconciouss nearby the plane's wreckage, take him (Danny) to their cloister, and train him to be a martial arts master. 15 years later, Danny decides to leave the monastery and returns to New York, only to find out that much had changed since his absence. During the timeline (of 15 years) , he's presumed dead, and the company he would've inherited from his father had been taken over by some people else. Worse than that, since he's accepted as being among the casualties of the plane crash, nobody believes that he was Danny Rand, and he struggles to prove who he was to the world that'd completely forgotten he ever existed.....From this site, I'm sending my second BIG THANK YOU to the series' makers, for it's among the best comic-adapted tv shows I'd watched :) .....I read Dorian Lynskey's article about Iron Fist at the 334th issue of Empire Mag, and since I was wondering how the series would be, I read the whole essay in one breath :) .....In the passing episodes of the 1st season, Danny manages to evince to the people who he was, and takes over his father's legacy by becoming the administrator of Rand Enterprises. Instead of being the director of the very company, he also inherits his father's tremendeous wealth and becomes a billionaire. But despite his position (of being Rand Enterprises' chairman) and his affluence, he never forgets the mythical place of K'un Lun, for it's a complete elysium, which bears a resemblance to my country. For it (my country) is "truly" the garden of eden that contains an EXCELLENT historical capacity and various beauties of nature vistas. Whether you be the resident (of the country) , or someone who'd visited there for touring, it's IMPOSSIBLE to forget the very place after you leave it :) .....Well, at the end of the first season (of I. Fist) , Danny leaves all his power (the firm, his wealth) behind and decides to return to K'un Lun with his ally/lover Colleen (Jessica Henwick).....

Much like Cobra Kai, Iron Fist also involves brilliantly designed action scenes based on martial arts, and much like Cobra Kai, the show (I. Fist) tenders a long-termed scope for young actors/actresses to display their acting skills. IMHO, both series include top notch performances....Above in one of the pharagraphs, I told that Mary Mouser was the actress that'd mostly catched my eye among Cobra Kai's younger cast. But, as well as showcasing a refulgent performance, she also is a prospering Youtuber, and instead of watching her in Cobra Kai, I also follow her videos. A short while ago, I watched Ms Mouser's video ; in which she and Tanner Buchanan (who plays Robby in C. Kai) were telling stories from the shooting process of the (series') second season. Ms Mouser has a warm-hearted character, and she was reflecting her sincerity to the conversation she's made with Mr Buchanan ;) .Before I watched it (the video) , I always thought that preparing the fighting scenes included a couple of noncomplex rehearsals, I never quessed that the course was comprising of an insane endeavor (oh, I also liked the black Miyagi-pillow that stands backwards on the sofa a lot! :) ).....The video lasts for 20 minutes, and you may watch it (from Youtube) by posting "Behind the Scenes MUKBANG! - Cobra Kai Season 2 Stories || PART 1" to its (Youtube's) search section. It (the video) consists of 2 parts, and if you watch the first part, I also advice you to watch the second part (which is 24 minutes long). I watched both parts, and I could say that it'd been a great summing up of the memoirs from behind the camera of the second season.....In the video (I take the 2-parted video as a whole) , Ms Mouser had tied back her hair and plaited it from both sides. She looks very comely with the hair model, but since she has an extraordinary charm, each alteration of hair types she tries on himself gives a dazzling look to Ms Mouser. Besides, the kindness she shows to the people around her, the strong "human" she has within, her humbleness make her appear more symphathetic, and even double her prettiness ;) .....She's like Venus ; the goddess of beauty, and in my heart, deep in my heart, I've built a "pantheon" for her .....Oh, by the way, I also watched the video which includes the Cobra Kai cast singing songs in the lunch bus. At the end (of the video) , the cast sings Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" with one voice, and it appears so lovely. It's a short video that lasts for 42 seconds, and in order to watch it from Youtube, you may post "Hawk sings A Song for Robby+Whole Cast Singing" (to its search box).....Instead of the songs sung by the series' cast, I noticed-something-else-in the video :) .When it (the video) starts, the camera shoots Ms Mouser (who sits on the front seat of the bus) from-a-near-angle, it (the camera) slides leftwards, and than-it-"again"-turns to Ms Mouser, continues to show her "closely" for a short while (she also-stays-silent-while the whole cast is singing).....Hmmmmmmmmmm, I think Ms Mouser likes to appear close to the camera ;) ...............

The passing year saw a certain stumble in the cinema sector because of the Corona pandemic, and many of the upcomimg movies were obliged to postpone their release dates. Among those movies ; the ones I mostly wonder are "Dune" ; the adaptation of the first novel of Frank Herbert's legendary Dune series, that'll be directed by Denis Villeneuve, and "The Batman" ; in which viewers shall see Robert Pattison donning the cape of DC's dark vigilante.....Well, I'd watched the previous versions of "Dune" from different producers (and I also read its book) , but it'll be ssssoooo cool to see the recent adaptation (of Dune) from Mr Villeneuve's objective. The movie shall consist of two parts (much like the latest adaptation of Stephen King's illustrious novel "It" ) , and it'll include a cast of a-listers. I'm sure it'll be a splendid movie, but I also wish Mr Villeneuve adapts the following books of the series, I hope "his" version of the Duneverse doesn't only stay limited with the 1st novel :) .Right now I'm reading the 5th novel of the series ( '84-published "Heretics of Dune" ) ,which focuses on the story of Sheena ; a girl with mystical powers, who has the ability to take the monstrous sandworms of Dune under her influence, and the events, intrigues revolving around her...............As for the Batman :) .....I watched the film's trailer, and as far as I could tell from the impressions it (the trailer) had left on me ; the anticipated take-on "will not" be just an another Batman movie, for Matt Reeves (the film's director) shall give a very different&fresh definition to the setting of Batman. I'm also sure the film shall include breath-taking action scenes, much like Batman v Superman. I watched it (BvS) at the cinema, and the (action) scenes in the movie dizzied me :) .I said (above in the thread) that I lived in an apartment, and when I returned from the theater (after watching Batman v Superman) in the middle of the night, I attempted to get into the apartment by myself. It was dead of night, so I didn't want to disturb the household by ringing the doorbell, and in order to open the apartment's door, you have to enter a password to the digital screen (near the door) by pushing four numbers. Every apartment residents know rotely what those numbers are, but (the action scenes of) Batman v Superman inebriated me a lot, so much so that I forgot the very numbers I've got to enter (to the digital display) :) .Thankfully, than I realized that the door'd been left "slightly" opened. I pushed the door, and get inside of the apartment :) .....

Instead of including stunning action scenes, I think "The Batman" also shall "differentiate" the appearance of heroes&villains of the Batman-universe. Some characters (such as the Riddler) won't show as same as we used to see (them) in comics, and the events (of the film) shall take place in a dark, depressive athmosphere, much like Alex Proyas' '94-made cult classic "The Crow" ,which tells the story of Eric Draven (Brandon Lee) ; a rock musician who's brutally murdered along with his fiancee Shelley (Sofia Shinas) on the Devil's Night by the members of a street gang in Detroit. The film begins hence the scene that takes place right after the crime'd been committed. Eric Drawen, who'd been thrown from the window of his flat (by the droogs) ,lies dead on the ground. And his fiancee, who'd been severely beated and raped by the gangstas is put to an ambulance ; to be taken to a hospital where she dies at the end of hours of being in coma.....One year later, on the same very day (Devil's Night) ,a crow arrives to the graveyard where Eric and his fiancee were buried. It (the crow) settles on Eric's gravestone, taps it (the tombstone) a couple of times and resurrects him (Eric). He scrambles (from his grave) to the ground and goes to his now-deserted apartment to see his house, to be on the crime scene one more time. Donated with an extraordinary stamina&strength by the crow, he sets out to get vengeance from the transgressives those slaughtered him and his fiancee. Eric finds each of the four gangstas, kills them one by one, and avenge the things they did to his lover.....After Eric kills three of the droogs, the last remaining one ; Skank (Angel David) escapes to the city's biggest, most powerfull crime lord Top Dollar (portrayed by Michael Wincott) in order to get his protection. In the midst of the movie, Top Dollar arranges a meeting in his house ; where he invites Detroit's foremost gangsters to discuss the criminal activities and incencions they shall commit on Devil's Night. While Top Dollar's giving a speech to the most feared, most dangerous mob bosses of the city, we also see Skank sitting at the meeting table (near Top Dollar).

Than, suddenly, Eric enters the meeting hall in order to get Skank, and give him the "necessary punishment" for the felony he'd committed to (his fiancee) Shelley. He (Eric) calmly walks towards the big meeting table, and bids "Gentlemen" (to the mob bosses). When he sees Eric, Skank's scared to death, and wants to flee, but is stopped by Top Dollar's right hand man. After he knocks over the chair that stands at the latter end, Eric sits cross-legged on the meeting table. Tpo Dollar says (to Eric) "You're him, huh? The Avenger. The killer of killers. Nice outfit. I'm not sure about the face, though" ,and Eric responds "I just want him" (meaning Skank) ; in a manner of saying "Let's leave the pleasantries aside. I came here to take Skank, just give him to me and I'll go". Top D. bids "Well, you can't have him", and Eric says "Well.....I see you've made your decision. Now let's see you enforce it". The gangsters shoot at Eric, but since he's bestowed upon a supernatural invulnerability (by the crow) ,nothing happens to him. A massive, mortal tussle ensues (between Eric&gangsters ) ,which concludes with Eric killing nearly all of the droogs in the meeting hall. After he's over with the gangstas, he (Eric) grabs and kills Skank by hurling him out of the window, and avenges Shelley.....I'm sending my 3rd BIG THANK YOU to Alex Proyas for gaining this movie ; this "glittering gem" to the cinema culture. I've been watching movies since my childhood ; I grew up with watching American Pictures, and if you asked me the best 10 movies I'd watched thus far, I'd have comfortably put "The Crow" to my list (of top 10) without thinking, without hesitation :) .....The film involves too many action parts, and some scenes (inc. in the movie) are way too violent, but in its core, "deep" in its core, this masterpiece has a very sentimental side. Within its axis, the movie stands as an "obelisk" for the lovers, and its message is clear : Love is eternal, its flame burns forever, and no matter how much time passes on, the true love between two people never dies.....How romantic, isn't it?..............................

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mirror, mirror on the wall. Tell me, may I salute the karate girl that's stolen my heart with this track of Rock 'n' Roll? ;) : Carousel - Axel Rudi Pell

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I see.

3. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    We already have DC movie threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.