main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Batman Villains

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by inkpenavenger, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inkpenavenger

inkpenavenger Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2005
    So far in the BATMAN BEGINS franchise, they've done a good job of villain-picking. Ras al-Guhl was a good choice for the first flick. The Joker was inevitable for the second. But where should they go from here? I personally think they aught to keep up the darker, more realistic tone to the series to avoid the cheesefest that the old movies became. So here are the villains I think might work in the new series, and I'm curious as to what others think.

Riddler (but not back-to-back with Joker)
    Two-Face (easy to set up in DK if they introduce Harvey Dent)
    Poison Ivy (if they return to her roots [no pun intended] of a psycho botanist and not a magic plant-lady)
    Bane (I'd love to see it, but his comic story is so complex it wouldn't fit into one movie. They'd have to change a lot.)
    Mad Hatter
    Maxie Zeus

In my opinion they ought to leave the fantastical villains out. They don't really fit the atmosphere of Batman. Leave the cartoony villains to Spider-Man, I say.

2. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/science_fiction_and_fantasy_films_and_television/b10748/23258750/p1/?1342]This is probably good for the Batman Begins (and Sequels) Thread.[/link]

3. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    Since this is a discussion of future films, it can go in the existing thread. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.