main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battle of the Fanfic Authors!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Sticks, Aug 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Neon Star: LOL, Isn't it the truth. :)

Since you couldn't put two sentences together, there is no way you could even hope to put a story together.

2. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Ty-Gon Jinn: Well, it just so happens that I do have a story put together. I have several loyal readers, too. (Gasp, that was TWO SENTENCES I just put together!!)

3. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Neon Star: [sarcastic]Awwww, does puppy want a treat?[sarcastic]

And just how many stories have you written?

4. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Ty-Gon Jinn: Not many. :) But I firmly believe that quality matters more than quantity.

5. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Neon Star: Know what you mean. But I like quantity with the quality and it makes the readers happy. :) :D :p :cool:

6. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Ty-Gon Jinn: Yes, it is nice when a story has bulk. But when you have to put one story on hold to work on another, it can agitate readers, too. That's why, besides round robins, I only work on one fic at a time.

7. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Neon Star: I never put a story on hold for another, I just post when I feel like it and when I have the time.

8. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Ty-Gon Jinn: Well, I don't have to worry about it. With only one story, it's pretty easy to have the time to post, and to write good posts.

9. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Neon Star: As if you have never had writers' block. Besides, some people have to work on more then one story at a time.

10. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    I don't claim not have gotten writer's block. I do, however, think that people only have to post on more than one if they start more than one at the same time.

Though, I do see how you can come up with ideas for your stories around the same time, since all you stories feature Atrus in some way.

11. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    No they don't. There are only four that have Atrus at all, two where she is mentioned, and two where she is in it. There is only one beside the NOOG where Atrus Aidan shows up and she is only talked about. So not all my stories contain either form of Atrus. The majority are the SW characters themselves. Anyway, the ideas just show up when I read or hear something and take their own course, they do not need influence from my characters.

12. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    Is this still a 'humorous battle of words?'

13. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Yeah, well I'd bet I can write a post for one of your stories better than you could write one for mine! (Now there's a thought!)

14. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Really! You want to back that up? (LOL Yes, a scary one.)

15. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    I think I could!

16. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    'Grins' Okay, chose your story and I'll give you one of mine. (BTW: You're not mad at me, are you? We are still just playing around, right?)

17. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
  18. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    (Oh yeah, that's just playing, why would I be mad?)

Sorry I disappeared there for a while. Darth Real Life reared his ugly head and I used my JC access time to update my fic *cough-goodauthor-cough*.

I got your PM about calling a stalemate, NS- since it's been a week, should we?

19. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    (I was just talking about Alderaan's statement.)

Sure, we can call it a stalemate if you wish. Though I still think it would be intresting to see how we would do with each other's fics. LOL

Darth Real Life is a nightmare, isn't it.

20. Alderaan_

Aug 14, 2001
    Yes, it would be very interesting to see how you do with eachother's fics. Maybe I should try that with someone sometime.

You know, I think that if the battles continue as they are, there will never be a real winner. Does anyone have any ideas on how amend the rules to make the outcome funnier?

Maybe if each contestant assumed the identity of one of their original characters, it wouldn't be so serious.

Now Darth Ishtar wanted to kill Jedi Jae... we need a moderator.

21. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Actually, NS, it might be arranged.

As you know, I only have one fic going at the moment, so I could give you some info on where I'm going with that one, and you could send me info from one or a couple of yours.

If we like the posts we write for each other's fics, we each authorize the other to post.

/me can just see the subject line of my fic now- "The Shadows of Conflict- Part One: The Advent of War - Updated -/- with a special post by Neon Star." (I'd actually put that...)

What do you say, NS? Up to the challenge? :)

22. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Up and waiting for it. PM me the information and I'll send you one of mine. I may even be nice and let you pick which one you want to try.

23. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Well, that sure would be nice of you, gosh golly. In a few minutes, there'll be a PM waiting for you. (This should be interesting.) :)

24. Alderaan_

Aug 14, 2001
    Since it started here, could you provide links if/when you start? :)

25. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    The link to my story (the one NS will be writing for) is in my sig- I'll let her add the link for "Blessings Come In Different Forms."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.