main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Battlefront 2004 March Build Shown Off

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valeria, Jul 17, 2020.

?

Which game did you prefer?

Poll closed Jul 24, 2020.
  1. Battlefront (2004)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Battlefront 2 (2005)

100.0%
  3. EA Battlefront

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. EA Battlefront 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Valeria

Valeria Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2020
    Recently someone named DylanRocket and ObscureGamers managed to locate a March 2004 build of Battlefront 2004, featuring different features and a different class model (IG-88 to be specific) that didn't get into the final September release.

This video shows most of the changes, and as mentioned in the description of the video:
    • Naboo: Theed - A completely different map which was seen in the game's trailers.
    • Geonosis: Spire - The layout is similar to the final map, but the map is overall more flat, larger, and features more Techno Union ships.
    • Yavin 4: Temple - The layout is similar to the final map, but it is split into two separate paths instead of being more open like the final map.
    • Tatooine: Dune Sea - The map is much, much larger than the final map with command posts spread much farther apart from each other. There are forward command centers for defending factions. Multiple sarlacc pits are present. The final release feels like a compressed or compacted version of the early map.
    • Kamino: Tipoca City - The map layout is different, and there are starfighters on the map. Building interiors are not complete.
    • Hoth: Echo Base - The Rebel outposts can be destroyed.
    • Yavin 4: Arena - The map barely even exists. It's just terrain with Naboo: Theed textures, and it doesn't really resemble the final map in any way.

This build featured differences for the maps that were playable back in this build. Imo, I don't see why they didn't keep most of the map changes, I think it would've been cooler to have Rebel Outposts on Hoth: Echo Base!

2. Discipulus

Discipulus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 1, 2019
    Fascinating - thanks for sharing this.

3. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I loved the original Battlefront so thanks for sharing. Interesting, I wonder if there's a way this could be released, like as a mod or something.

4. Valeria

Valeria Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2020
    Well, I know there are some people who are working on porting the maps from the beta version over. I'll keep you updated.

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  5. Elder74

Elder74 Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 3, 2020
    I am still playing the classics. Nice video!