main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Battlefront II: Campaign Content (spoiler tags required for DLC story)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Taalcon, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Resurrection is live!

2. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Is it gonna super duper spoil TLJ? Do I have to wait?

EDIT: It doesn't really, and I didn't, and it's really quite good.

Vialco and Taalcon like this.
  3. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Definitely felt more consistent that the main campaign

Iden's death was lame though

AusStig likes this.
  4. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002

I was going to wait on it until Friday but now you have me curious. By not really - are there *any* spoilers for TLJ beyond what we've seen in the trailers? I was all-in on spoilers until a couple of weeks ago but now I'm gunshy as I've never seen a SW film unspoiled so I am walking on eggshells for another day or so.

5. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I mean I'm going into TLJ pretty unspoiled so I suppose it's possible there's something in there I'm not picking up on, but
    the DLC ends with the destruction of Starkiller Base. Even Project Resurrection turns out is stuff we already knew. There's no content that takes place during TLJ.

6. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Thank you very much. Looks like I will have to tackle it this afternoon. I really appreciate the info.

7. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    If you want to be really pedantic on possible TLJ spoilers you could say these are spoiler: (providing you haven't followed A SINGLE THING revealed about the upcoming movie)
    At the end Leia mentions they're eveacuating D'qar and during one of the missions Iden downloads the schematics to Snoke's Super Dreadnaught

my kind of scum likes this.
  8. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Well, I thought this was the first we heard of the FO recruiting through large scale human trafficking rather than grabbing kids in whatever territory it controls.

Plus, I am intrigued by Leia's message about allies in the rim that she needs Zay to contact. Might just be Holo, but her ship seems like it is already there, so it might be someone else.

Edit: This made me laugh -
    "Texture problem on Crait"
    [​IMG]

9. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Amazing.

Planet: Crait
    Climate: Red velvet

10. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Can you climb to the top of the cake?

MercenaryAce and BobaMatt like this.
  11. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    So about the campaign

Wow Glibb went no where. Like at all. That kinda threw me.
    Also why is IDen so murder happy? These mercs are fighting against our enemy, lets kill them too! It struck me as odd she was fine wilth killing Empire forces when she deserted now she just seems really blood thirsty.

Also found this funny "Grr we need to get on that ship and kill Hask" "NO we need to help the resistance" "How?" "We get on that ship" Then they kill Hask anyway. Then Inferno Squad ends.

12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Seems clear that we're getting another campaign extension at some point, and we'll be playing as Zay?

Or do we think that was just something to move the plot at the end?

Revanfan1, MercenaryAce and CooperTFN like this.
  13. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I imagine we'll be getting that sooner rather than later, and it will culminate Zay and Shriv mostly failing to move the allies.

14. TheNerdyOne_

TheNerdyOne_ Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2015
    Jinata Security was still their enemy. Them also being enemies of the First Order now didn't change that. More importantly, she was still their enemy, it's not like they stopped shooting at her.

TheRedBlade likes this.
  15. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    As someone who finds Iden very interesting as a protagonist (and was more sympathetic toward her this time than in the original campaign) her morality can be pretty damned conditional.

Certainly seems likely--though I honestly wonder if they'll back up and do some kind of pre-Resurrection thing first rather than get too into the TLJ situation.

Iron_lord and BobaMatt like this.
  16. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    It's almost as if she wants to be a nice, clean Rebel but the galaxy won't let her.
    She doesn't set out to kill Hask, but Hask makes her.

Mia Mesharad and CooperTFN like this.
  17. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Which really is a very Traditional Action Movie thing to happen rather than a Star Wars thing.

Iron_lord, AusStig, Revanfan1 and 3 others like this.
  18. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    The boards are still not working so imagine I posted a gif of Al Pacino in The Godfather Part 3 saying "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."

19. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I feel like Ressurection really should have been part of the main game.

20. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    it perturbs me even further that they seem to have shipped an incomplete product for not reason. There potentially being spoilers was their only justification for not having the entire campaign at launch. I feel bad for the people who paid the full price last month.

21. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Except it wasn't the only justification. They had not finished the content yet. The entire campaign is in the game at launch. It's a complete story that ends on Jakku. It fades to black.

The DLC missions are a sequel to that story, set up and teased with the epilogue provided on Pilio. It's a completely different story.

22. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I would say this is technically the case except the story is short as Hoth.

So it certainly doesn't FEEL complete.

It also lacks a narrative arc which is meaningful that the finished product does.

Voltron64 likes this.
  23. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Yeah, agree, the DLC story isn't complete. But it's extra content and not missing content, which is what was being argued above. It seems more missions are coming later and that Resurrection is merely Part 1 (hopefully).

TheRedBlade and BobaMatt like this.
  24. TheRedBlade

TheRedBlade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2007

The Sequels have not yet solved their Lando Problem. If he's alive, nothing should stop him from helping Leia. I think he'll be one of the allies Zay and Shriv go find, but they'll be held up by the FO long enough that they miss Crait.

Dr. Steve Brule likes this.
  25. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Now there's a reunion I'm excited for.

TheRedBlade likes this.