main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Battlefront II: Campaign Content (spoiler tags required for DLC story)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Taalcon, Apr 12, 2017.

1. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Aw man! That guy is already my favorite (See sig)! I hope he's the 62 of the team.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  2. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Stormtrooper: We weren't expecting special forces?
    Inferno Member: That's the point sergeant!

And there I thought you'd have to go to Mustafaar to experience burns like that :p

3. Ewoklord

Ewoklord Jedi Master star 2

Feb 15, 2014
    Well, whatever Luke does, I hope he has a better voice actor than the last time. Just sounds like a random dude.

vncredleader and SilentGuy66 like this.
  4. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    Can't wait for the Battlefront story mode in November, but also be nice to hear Paul Blackthorne's natural "Core Worlds" accent after five years as Detective Lance on Arrow:

[​IMG]

5. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Whoa, Paul Blackthorne? Love him in Arrow.

6. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I still think of him as Harry Dresden.

TrandoJedi and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  7. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I like the idea of Phasma as being a Blue Blooded waste akin to the kind Sharpe usually ends up punching. She wears nearly indestructible armor and chooses her battles carefully. Proper First Order Royalty who knows she's more valuable than anyone else--but I'd be interested if even she's troubled by the fact she betrayed Starkiller Base so easily.

As Shepard Book paraphrased, you only know someone when you hold them over a volcano.

8. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Is it just me or could Inferno Squad easily be retconned to be the same type of unit as the 181st? The uniforms obviously aren't identical, but the basic similarities are there. The Empire takes small details like color scheme rather seriously.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    It doesn't need to be retconned. It's a direct inspiration, at least one might guess.

JediBatman likes this.
  10. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    The 181st is just pilots. Inferno Squad seem to have a ground-based aspect as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    I imagine Navy Special Forces would have plenty of diversity between individual units. The 181st would be primarily air-oriented, while Inferno, and whatever their parent wing might be, would double as a ground force.

12. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    181st isn't special forces. They're just a highly acclaimed fighter wing, mainly because of Fel's leadership. They were considered one of the worst wings in the Empire before Fel was transferred to them as punishment, because two of his students, Biggs and Hobbie, defected to the Rebellion.

Inferno Squad are more like Navy SEALs, you know, Sea, Air, and Land. Or I guess Space and NotSpace in this case.

King of Alsakan likes this.
  13. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Well, when Fel gets retconned into canon...

14. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    In the comics Fel specifically states the wing was promoted to "elite" status. You could take that several ways, though.

15. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    Is this going to be like the time people were so desperate to have Thrawn re-canonized they decided Krennic must be Thrawn based solely on the fact that he had a white uniform?

16. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Rebels had two chances to use Fel, when it deliberately used red stripes and markings based on the 181st. But it didn't.

Imperial and FO special forces have similar red stripes, which the TFA VD said was inspired by Imperial flight barons.

That's going to be as close as we can probably hope. And it's good enough. I'd love to see Fel too, but let's not grasp at straws :p

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

JediBatman likes this.
  17. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016

New video. I don't think there's any new game footage and there's not really that much new information

18. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    ... wait a minute ... [face_thinking]

Did that one developer say stormtroopers weren't conscripted or brainwashed? Because that definitely flies in the face of initiatives like Brendol Hux or what happened to Finn ... unless he means Inferno Squad were picked because they sincerely believed ...

19. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013

Well, Hux's little "side project" wasn't what most stormtroopers went through. The First Order made that their standard for stormtrooper training but it wasn't within the Empire. Standards for stormtrooper training in the Empire were seen in Rebels, when Ezra infiltrated the Lothal academy as a cadet. They're taken young, yeah, but it seems to be voluntary.

DurararaFTW likes this.
  20. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    I'd prefer the stuff we saw in Rebels to be abnormal. Recruiting teenagers is absurd.

21. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    It's part of a longer process - not really THAT different from American ROTC programs or whatever they're called (except nastier because the Empire).

22. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013

Thane and Ciena were both teenagers when they went to the Academy in Lost Stars, too. And Eli Vanto in Thrawn seems rather young at the beginning, when he's a cadet. So I think it is the standard.

23. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    NuCanon once again eludes me. The EU Empire had humane recruitment practices.

24. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    Fry's Servants of the Empire series expands on the academy as a specialized school for kids who want to eventually become officers in the military, but a step before attending an actual Imperial Academy when they're old enough. this also seems to fit into the general lothal educational system where high school aged students all pick some sort of specialized trade or technical school to attend. aside from the Academy for Young Imperials, there's an agricultural school, a computer programming/network administration school, etc.

a regular enlisted stormtrooper would not need to go to a special academy the same way an officer would.

25. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    [​IMG]

. . . OK, I'm cheating, technically the story* this appeared in wasn't canon. But still, "humane" isn't a word I often associate with the Imperial military.

*Trooper, from Star Wars Tales issue #10

Revanfan1 and Barriss_Coffee like this.