main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BB Political Discussion cage match, no holds barred.

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by farraday, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    I heard John Kerry is actually the bastard son of Aunt Jemima.

You know, it's just something I heard.

Oh and the Heinz company makes ketchup from babies.

Again, I can't verify that but...

[image=http://www.detnews.com/pix/2004/02/25/0asec/a025-teresa2-0204n-4.jpg]

..that looks like an eyeball to me.

2. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    mmmmmmm ketchup!!!!

3. KaineDamo

KaineDamo Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 6, 2002
    The Republican convention in New York was a load of patriotic bullcrap and those involved in it should be ashamed of themselves.

4. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

Yeah! Screw those dirty Republicans for loving their country!

You amaze me with your utter and complete lack of understanding of politics, Kaine. You don't see me trying to discuss advanced mathematics. You should try to avoid political discussion.

AYBABTU

5. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    I want to discuss advances mathematics!! Much more interesting than politics!

6. KaineDamo

Mar 6, 2002
    Nothing wrong with loving your country. But the display at the repubclican convention was totally overboard, even coming off as... false! :eek:

Not to mention that all they talked about at the convention was how Bush would lead America to victory against terrorism, even though Bush himself admitted the war couldn't be won!

7. Darth_AYBABTU

Mar 8, 2001

The rest of us understood the context in which he said it. That is, this is not a war that will be ended by sitting down at a table and signing a treaty.

The rest of the sane free world understood the context, Kaine. Why didn't you?

Oh wait. Never mind.

AYBABTU

8. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Isn't American politics an oxymoron?
    Or do I mean onomatapeia.....

9. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Perhaps an alliteration?

10. KaineDamo

Mar 6, 2002
    The rest of the sane free world?? Perhaps it's escaped your attention, but most of the sane free world hates Bush.

11. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    ^ Incorrect

12. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Wait, how can kaine know everything? He's not AMERICAN.

13. KaineDamo

Mar 6, 2002
    What, only Americans know everything?? Hehe, just kidding. Seriously though, i'm allowed to have an opinion, especially concerning a President that has such a major effect on the international stage.

Incorrect?? I thought everybody knew Bush wasn't exactly adored internationally.

14. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    "...most of the sane free world hates Bush" is a bit more grandiose than "Bush wasn't exactly adored internationally", wouldn't you say.

One is true, the other is not.

Lots of people in my country don't enjoy America at all, let alone their leader who has led us into 2 fruitless wars. But that's not to say the majority feel that way. I probably couldn't say either way whether the majority of people here liked or disliked the American president. The nation was divided over a Free Trade Agreement which many feel was the clear pay off for our involvement in the Coalition Of The Willing (anyone else embarrassed by that title these days?)

So to say that only the insane segment of the free world support Bush is a little unfair. I personally can't stand the man because I find him a drooling idiot on a fundamental human level but I can understand why others do like him.

15. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    The rest of the sane free world?? Perhaps it's escaped your attention, but most of the sane free world hates Bush.

I think the operative word is "sane". It is not appropriate in your second sentence.

16. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Perhaps one Republican could answer me a simple question.
    On the G W Bush site in the video section they have the video of the Kerry speech at his convention. Why do they have that speech on their site?

-Seldon

17. StarWars_Revelation

StarWars_Revelation Jedi Master star 5

Aug 5, 2001
    My eyes have made it a habit to avert when it comes to Kaine posting about politics. Kaine, don't you realize that the general consensus is that your politics suck?

18. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    On the G W Bush site in the video section they have the video of the Kerry speech at his convention. Why do they have that speech on their site?

It's a better advertisement for Bush than most of the ones they're spending money on.

Housemate Jim reporting for duty!

19. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I'll say this I am voting for Bush in November. I don't care if that makes me crazy or not. But the thing is I feel safe from Terror (Again a big mistake on my part becasue the minute we all feel safe something happens.) But I don't want the United Nations deciding what I do or what are country does. So I could care less how the rest of the World feels about us. (Again a mistake on my part but I don't care.)

The truth is President Bush can laugh at himself and make fun of himself. Kerry I can't understand anything about him. I have no real idea where he stands from day to day. At least I know where Bush stands. So thats why I'm voting for him. And yes there are a few things I don't agree with him on. But just because we disagree on a few things we agree on a few more. And if anyone can tell me where Kerry stands then please go ahead.

~PK~

20. Darth_AYBABTU

Mar 8, 2001

PK, will you marry me?

AYBABTU

21. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    I can't, we barely know each other.

~PK~

22. Darth_AYBABTU

Mar 8, 2001

Britney Spears and J-Lo marry people they hardly know all the time.

AYBABTU

23. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Only when they have a new movie/record coming out.

24. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Plus unlike them I have self-respect and dignity. Even if I was famous I wouldn't do the things that they do. It's just wrong to use something as sacred as marriage for publicity stunts.

~PK~

25. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    So you aren't a hollywood tartlet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.