main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BC bc fan film

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Mike_XXX, Feb 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike_XXX

Mike_XXX Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2000
    well? anyone interested?

mike

2. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Oh, my, I regret I didn't see this one earlier.... But now that I have - you mention a BC fanfilm, which naturally made my ears prick up in interest since over the past year or so I've been involved in brainstorming, writing and preproduction on my own fanfilm - but as yet that's as far as it's gotten, unfortunately :)

At any rate, now that the topic has come up again, may I enquire - where are you in BC, since I infer that you have to be around here somewhere, since you mentioned it :) Personally, I'd be encouraged if you said you were either around Victoria or somewhere close enough to it, since that's where *I* am and darned if I could think of where to look for anyone else, here, interested in such a venture....but either way, well, I suppose this is a good topic to keep tabs on regardless :)

In the end, after all, it's all about networking.... Take care! :)

3. Cable

Cable Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2000
    Interested in what?

4. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Well - interested in perhaps collaborating on a fanfilm, I'd imagine....correct? That would certainly encourage *me*, if that's the case, because as it stands I feel rather isolated myself in this regard.

Ah, what a sad and lonely existence it is, to be what feels like the *lone* hopeful fanfilm enthusiast and budding film-maker in this city.... ;)

Dawn.

5. Cable

Cable Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2000
    I'm in, HOW do we start.

P.S. for the start, maybe we should make some 1-3 min short story lightsaber fight.
    (just to practice some rotoscopic editing).
    and I olready have one more guy(animation) who want to join too.

6. Cable

Cable Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2000
    ohh , one more thing I from surrey

7. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    The chance to practice rotoscoping, yes, that's a *definite* plus....I am whole-heartedly behind that idea! Especially since it's a necessity if you're planning to have a plethora of sabers in your fanfilm....and I know I am. ;)

Of course, I suppose the only minor hitch - and I say it's minor because your input *is* the most encouraging feedback I've had in....well, *ever*, basically - is that you're located in Surrey whilst I'm here in Victoria....yet in the grand scheme of things to me, this doesn't seem as big a problem as one might otherwise expect. Look at it this way, the distance between Surrey and Victoria is something that can be theoretically, conceivably worked out....but it's kind of hard to do that when you're talking about distances like Victoria to Oregon or California, for example. :)

So don't give up hope then, in any case....I'm certainly looking forward to your feedback! :)

Ta muchly,

Dawn.

8. kyle__katarn

kyle__katarn Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2001
    I have some buddies of mine who are working on a fan film we know how to do sound rotoscoping we have all the fight scenes worked out, most costumes finished, we need more people e-mail my friend at jedi_master_bren@hotmail.com for more information.

9. Jedi_Master_Bren

Jedi_Master_Bren Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2001
    I can get my production crew to work on your film if you could help on my film. Maybe you'd want to e-mail me jedi_master_bren@telus.net .

10. spoodger

spoodger Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2001
    hey, sounds like fun. I can offer a warm body for an extra as well as anything else that you need help with.

Really interested....send me some info at

spoodger@yahoo.com

11. kyle__katarn

kyle__katarn Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2001
    Look at the other forum topics here there is a fan film by Jedi_master_bren that is almost ready to do he just needs a few more actors and crew members or anyone who would like to help. Check it out.

12. 2ndSauron

2ndSauron Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2000
    hey..
    Need another cg guy?
    I've been interested in making a fanfilm since i saw troops. I could help out a bit with making/animating space scenes or rotoscoping.

here's a short clip I made a few weeks ago for a different fan film that never made it off the ground. ~600kb quicktime.

13. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    hey guys, and girls, your RSA here, I like this whole fanfilm idea, and especially the attitude, I wish you the best of luck. let me know if you ever need people to go along, maybe I could come up with something that I could post in frontpage fanforce for you.. ;)

14. Traan-Lakel

Traan-Lakel Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2001
    I'd like to act possibly. I made a lightsaber of my own (hilt from broken SW toy and green painted dowel) and I practice with it all the time. Only thing is I'm in Kelowna and I'm 15 so I can't drive yet. Maybe if it's in the Okanagan I'd be able to. Let me know.

sk8ermalibu@hotmail.com

15. anakin__skywalker

anakin__skywalker Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2001
    What I was thinking as a first project what we might do is a few lightsaber fights that are centered around a short story to get them started. I have been in martial arts for a long time. I am skilled in Kendo, long staff and hand to hand combat. I have also been in acting 11 and 12. I have a few friends who would like to do a fan film.

e-mail me so we can set something up. I basically know how to do the rotoscoping, but my friends can find somebody really easily to do it for us.

P.S. I make crazy lightsaber fights, I just need a few people who can keep up with me. They are like nothing done on the force.net. Oh and if you are serious about it lets set up a meeting somewhere instead of just talking about it on the forum:)

Anakin__skywalker@hotmail.com I live in Richmond

16. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Wow, it's been a while since there's been any traffic on the topic of a fanfilm....don't tell me that people have lost interest in the idea! Come on, now, it's really *too* good to pass up, that's how I've always felt. ;)

2ndSauron, I checked out that animation clip you did and I *must* say I was wowed by it....not for nothing did I save it to my hard drive, and I assure you that means something good. :) What I'm wondering now, though, in light of that is - have you done any saber rotoscoping work, even for practice....and if so, may I ask what program you use? Not that I'm all that familiar with *any* of them since it's never been my gig (though I *am* supremely interested in it *now*) - it's just that I'm very curious as to what you used there. Besides, the issue of saber rotoscoping would be just first-and-foremost prevalent for what *I* have in mind....and isn't that what *everyone* dreams of doing besides? ;)

The simple truth is that I haven't given up hope of making my own fanfilm, and of course watching the "Phantom Menace" DVD - repeatedly, many times a day :) - has only fired my enthusiasm and creative vigor still further.... Now, yes, I will admit it seems hard when those of us interested in a fanfilm are scattered from Victoria to Richmond, to Surrey and everywhere in between....but does that mean the idea is entirely unworkable? I really *hope* not....because I'm starting to think that this may be one case where we'd have to pool our collective time, energy and resources, since apart and on our own we might not be able to accomplish it, but *together*, well....we could blow *everyone's* mind! :)

So....what say you all, eh? Still interested in doing a BC fanfilm? Come on, admit it, I *know* you are. ;) *laughs*

Dawn.

17. jhan_alar

jhan_alar Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2002
    Anyone from the Okangan?

18. jhan_alar

jhan_alar Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2002
    If anyone is. Email me at: jedi_jhan@hotmail.com

Thanks.

19. Lightsaber11

Lightsaber11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2001
    you all know i'm always down for a fanfilm.
    geez.
    get real.

:D

someone get ahold of me in regards to all this business.

20. Lightsaber11

Lightsaber11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2001
    you all know i'm always down for a fanfilm.
    geez.
    get real.

:D

someone get ahold of me in regards to all this business.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.