main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BDD's PaMtRR

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Zasio, Aug 31, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zas

Zas Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 8, 2000
    Gahh, study time? You poor thing. :(

2. Angel_Jedi_Master

Angel_Jedi_Master Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 18, 2002
    So, Harpoo, tell me about your mother...[face_Frued]

3. Pyrus

Pyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    That makes sense. Cats are pretty much on permanent vacation anyway.

Bummer, required reading sucks. :( I just got back from a couple of used bookstores though.

4. Zas

Zas Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 8, 2000
    I wonder if I had a cat, if it would help me sleep better. :p

I had a cat named Copper who loved to sleep on my pillow and I never had nightmares when he was on there. :) But don't pets supposedly help people's health? I think cats are therapeutic . . . Someday I'll have one again. :(

5. Pyrus

Pyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    You could get one of those non-allergenic hairless Sphynx cats. They can be kinda cute.

[image=http://www.mycathatesyou.com/images/cats/2001/12/olive.jpg]

Bad example maybe.

6. Zas

Zas Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 8, 2000
    HA HA!

Cute . . . Demonically possessed . . . What's the difference? :p :D

7. Zas

Zas Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 8, 2000
    Good god, someone needs to write this ****ing paper for me.

Pyrus, I miss you. :_|

8. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    I'll write it for ya Zasmataz, but I can't promise you'll get a favorable grade back.

9. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I miss him too. :(

What is your paper about, and how long does it have to be?

10. Zas

Zas Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 8, 2000
    Ha ha ha . . . I'm just aiming for "passing" with this grade. It's for my art and film of southeast asia (& diaspora) course . . . . "Discuss the visual narrative structure in Tony Bui?s film, 'The Three Seasons.'"

It's not that difficult really . . . I'm just becoming less and less interested in paper-writing. Luckily, I only really have studio art classes after this. :p

But I'm having some trouble because it's an upper division Art History course, and those majors kinda have to write. But with painting and drawing I'm not really going into an academic/publishing sort of field. I wish there was a way to get that taken into consideration. When you're a painting/drawing major taking a sculpture course those instructors usually go a bit lighter on you because there isn't so much that is crucial to your understanding.

I think I'm extra annoyed because at the beginning of this course he said he was having papers instead of exams because he cared more about whether or not we were getting the concepts and didn't want us to get distracted by memorizing dates or anything. But then I got my last paper back and he'd written that it was a good paper but my "abrupt style" of writing was preventing it from getting a better grade. So instead of having pressure to memorize dates there's just pressure to be a pleasing writer. And I'd rather just memorize dates and names, honestly. [/vent]

. . . WAHHH.

11. Angel_Jedi_Master

Angel_Jedi_Master Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 18, 2002
    I honestly don't know whether I want to major in creative writing (which you can do! I didn't know that!) or teaching.

Although I guess it won't matter until next year.

12. Zas

Zas Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 8, 2000
    My sister was just focusing on creative writing and in looking for money to help her out with getting her masters she somehow got on the fasttrack straight to her Ph. D and a teaching job on campus. So just be really good at what you do then get to really know and be liked by the person who manages those things and then you can have both for the effort of one, ha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.