main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Beer Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Jan 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm declaring a beer meeting for the 16th or 17th of this month. The Landing works fine for me. The exact location is unimportant. We can bring trivia if we want, if we get there early enough to get a table and before it gets loud. Let me know who is interested.

2. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Ah, sithspit. :(

3. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I'll see what I can do but I wont know until closer to the date. My husband could babysit when he gets off which would prob'ly be @ 9:00ish.

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Always count on Diva for the beer meeting. I'm sure I can lure DarthTrader as well.

5. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    Ooh, ooh, me, me!

I'm definately up for that. I would vote for the 16th so that college students have an extra day to get back to their respective campuses (well, MU, at least) for the semester.
    At least I will have enough time to get over the flu first. Yup.

6. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    You get ot go back on the 19th!! Not fair, I have to start the 12th >:eek:

7. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    Ha!
    The *20th*!

But, I bet we got out later than you.

I hope this meeting thing works out, I'v never met people from TFN before.

8. Bail_Simone

Bail_Simone Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2002
    I'm good for the 16th! Soulard is nice also. :)

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    The 16th it is. What time? 7-8ish to start? I haven't been to too many bars in Soulard or the Landing so either place is good for me. I think the Landing might be easier to find, but I get lost going anywhere.

10. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    oh dag nabbit, oh well, time for you older (not to be offensive, just mean old enough to drink) people to have good old fashion adult fun, aka; alcohol, lol ;)

11. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Just to clarify, this is not an official FF event, those are at locations that all people have access to. This is just a causal get together. Making sure we're all on the same page :)

12. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    Hello there. This is my first post, ever really. From the IL. side of the river and have been wanting to meet up with some other fan/collectors.

Beer meeting sounds right up my alley.

13. Bail_Simone

Feb 28, 2002
    Will you look at that? Howdy! :)

14. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    Do you guys have a decent number of over 21 members?

And howdy to you Bail

15. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Including my bf who goes to all the FF events but doesn't have a handle on here, I'd say we have near 10 or so now. It's hard to say because people lurk (just hang and read without posting) or just disappear for a while.

Gives me a thought, maybe we ought to get a member's roster together to see how many "active" (read posters and lurkers) members we have.

16. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    Hate to be the responsible one, but I don't think January's a good month to try sleeping on the sidewalk...
    Since it is a beer meeting, some of us have to think about transportation. I know someone might be interested in pooling or whatnot, so we gotta ask. I, for one, am way out in Ballwin - where is everybody else?

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm in North County and the bf's in DogTown. I don't know which direction we'd be coming from yet. If someone in our general direction wants to hitch a ride with us, I don't think there'd be a problem. Randy usually has no more than 2 drinks, and always ends his nights with soda, not beer so he's always the dd for us.

18. Bail_Simone

Feb 28, 2002
    I lucked out. I live downtown. :) But I'm open to go somewhere else if it comes up. Im also very good with directions around here for those unfamiliar with the area.

19. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    I'm from Belleville, but I'm familiar with St. Louis. Let me know when and where and I'll buy the first beer.

20. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Good...another from the Illinois side!

21. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Oh no, they're going to mass against us!! Hurry more MO people!

Now that I got that out of my system... Do we want to meet at the Trainwreck on the Landing like we did last time? I don't think there will be a cover charge and if there is, we'll find someplace else. What do you say, 7:30 or if we want later just let me know. Late arrivers are fine too.

Head Count

Jedi_Dajuan + Guest
    Bail_Simone
    Dagobah_Diva
    Darth Shoey
    -E-
    DarthTrader (?)

Anyone else??

22. Bail_Simone

Feb 28, 2002
    Yeah, there souldn't be a cover charge before 9 or so. The Trainwreck is good. :)

P.S. We can always go to the east side to appease the Illinois folks. :p

23. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    I have to work until 8:30 on Fridays, but I'll see if I can't sneak out a little earlier on the 16th. I can hit the landing in roughly 15-20 minutes. Spouses, I'm assuming are welcome. Don't know if mine will come though, but I always ask.

How do I recognize you guys when I get there?

24. DarthShoey

Oct 28, 2003
    I read on another post the group was possibly going to play some lazer tag. For an IL get together, let me recommend lazer rock in Belleville ( which I think someone already had) not necessarily for the lazer tag, but for the bar, D.S. Vespers, in the back.

It's a great place to watch football (where I'll be tomorrow at from 2:00-6:00) and hockey. But the highlight is Todd the bartender. Also happens to be my baby brother and always hooks me up on the cold frosties!!!

Keep it in the back of your minds for a future get together. I'm pretty psyched to hit the Landing, haven't been in a while.

25. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Spouses, friends, and significant others are always welcome at our events; bring the whole family if you want.

As to recognizing us, I actually only know Diva adn Trader from the group that is attending, so this will be a challenge. I'll probably be one of the first to arrive so you can look for me. There are some pictures on my website of me and Randy, but from those it moght be tough to recognize me anymore because I got a seriously different hair thing going on now. I have a big brown "Hoth coat" and generally dress in khakis and nice shirt, with hiking boots of course ;). I'm short, have short blond/brown hair and the world's hugest grin. Randy looks just like his picture. I just might grab a lightsaber for the table and SWTP as well.

In regards to the Lazer Tag thing, we had discussed having it in Illinois, but it was decided to have our Return of the King movie meeting over there instead. I try to hit the different parts of St. Louis at least once because we seem to have people from all the different areas in our group and StL has rather crappy public transportation. We hadn't had an official meeting across the river that direction yet so I thought we'd try that this time around.

We still need a location/date/theme for the next one so..... Just remember for official meetings it needs to be a place open to all ages. Though we may be hitting the Belleville Lazer Tag place in the future ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.