main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Bee's art thread (new art 10-4, Luke!)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Bamboleo, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Fantastic work on your Aurra Sing! Beautiful colouring job, especially around her face and in her hair. Here eyes and lips are extremely well done.

The background is a little bit pixelated, though, but you might have done that on purpose to draw your eye to Aurra. Either way, it's an impressive image and I hope you win your contest!

2. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    You are a fantastic artist. I, on the other hand, can't draw to save my life. So I am unable to give you any technical feedback other than that I think they all look absolutely awesome!

Have you ever considered drawing anything from the Expanded Universe books? Like Mara Jade Skywalker, Jacen & Jaina Solo, Ben Skywalker, or Talon Karrde.

If you ever consider it I can provide you with photos from book covers to help you visualize them.

Wonderful work!!

AG88

EDIT: Doh!![face_beatup] I just noticed you did a painting of Aurra Sing. So you are doing EU characters. Great job!

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow, Bee, that is amazing! :eek:

This is one of those times when I have a hard time defining whether this is a photograph or an actual painting. The level of realism you managed to capture with *insert digital program you used :p * is honestly blowing me away. I would love to see what else you have up your sleeve! :D

4. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Aurra Sing turned out beautifully. The shading is lovely and you're very skillful in using colours to give texture for the material of her clothing. I especially think that the belt/straps draping her body was handled well, as she does indeed look very life-like. I also find that her eyes serve to enhance that even further, as they really stand out since there isn't any other part in the picture that shares the same gloss.

- Suz ^_~

5. aurelia-acc

aurelia-acc Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    your sketches are very good, I especially love ones of Yoda and young Ben =D= and I LOVE the "Vader wants YOU",it's just great !

6. Bamboleo

Bamboleo Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2005
  7. dashleebo

dashleebo Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 18, 2003
    Love the latest update Bamoleo! :)

Crazy Vader rocks! 8-}

I really like the sketches. R2-D2's metalic shine is sweet. The Wookies kick arse. Good job on the fur, it looks real thick and the long pencil lines are perfect for Chewie's fur. Palpy almost looks female. :p He looks a lot less evil there ... Maul's robes look great, and his likeness is spot-on. I also really like Boba. :cool:

8. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek:
    Just as before, your work amazes me Bee!! I am really in love with "Crazy Vader:" the use of the 60s-style psychedelic (sp?) coloring through the obviously Imperial-style cutouts behind him, and all the wild reflections on his shiny armor...it's an awesome piece of work! How long did this take you? It looks like something that had to have been devilishly tough! Your pencil sketches are superb, as always--the most recent of Maul, with the "lens-flare" effect going on, seems just like a black-and-white photo! And how-oh-how were you able to render Chewbacca's fur with such depth and realism?! It looks fantastic! Great, great stuff!
    =D=

FF

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Whoa, those drawings are insane! Such detail! How long on average does it take to pump drawings like this out? The detail alone on them is just stunning!

And kudos to you for actually getting your work signed by Star Wars actors! I was tempted to take a Chewie painting to Wizard World in Philly for Peter Mayhew to sign, but I never got the thing completed. I hope you have better luck than I did! Those are definitely something to keep! :D

And before heading out, I just had to comment on "Crazy Vader" as well. Man, Bambo, that's some crazy stuff! Just dividing the whole thing up in sections like that and assigning all those different colors are enough to drive anyone insane! I'm very impressed! Keep up the wonderful work! :D

10. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Wow, another great batch of sketches!
    First off, I just love your Aurra Sing. Her eyes are just gorgeously shaded. :)

And your latest batch was so much fun to look through. I especially like the R2 because you really handle metallic surfaces well. The Maul and Wicket look so accurate and the sweet Palpi just made me laugh and laugh. I like him a lot! :D

11. Bamboleo

Bamboleo Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2005
    I have new art! These pieces aren't even really new, just haven't posted them....... sorry I haven't been around in so long :(

Luminara Unduli
    Luminara Unduli 2
    Barriss Offee
    Shaak Ti
    Shaak Ti 2
    Young Boba Fett
    Young Boba Fett 2
    Greedo

I had so much fun at a small local convention that I went to recently. I got many of my sketches autographed and heard so much lovely feedback. Kenny Baker and Ray Park especially were AMAZINGLY nice, I cannot say enough good things about them, or anyone I met really. Anyway....bye for now, I'm going to go check out some of the recent posts I have missed. :)

12. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Once again... wonderful work!! Absolutely wonderful.

My only criticism is you need to do MORE LUKE!!! [face_laugh] Luke and Mara!!! Sorry... just a big Luke/Mara fan. LOL

Wonderful drawings. They are fantastic!!

AG88

13. Your_Worshipfulness

May 21, 2005
    Those look great. I especially like how you draw the lightsabers - to me, the glow has an almost magical look to it, just loving how they 'sparkle' with those halo-type rings and small orbs floating by. Love them all, but my favourite would have to be The Bariss Offee drawing. In that one, you have the dazzling effect of the lightsaber which I just commented on, but also fabulous details such as the texture applied to her outfit, and the pattern on the outer robe and hood, that I absolutely adore. Don't get me wrong though, the other drawings are great (the second Luminara has a nice dynamic pose, and Greedo's head is remarkably detailed, and I must commend you on a job well done on Shaak Ti.), but that particular Bariss drawing seems to be packed with lovely detail to her garment, which makes me love it so. :D

Also really like the Boba Fett drawings. They were both very nicely done in the way you have him as a child with his elder version in the background, making them really great portraits. It amazes me how you capture the characters likeness's in each drawing so well. Beautiful work as always, Bamboleo. :)

Oh and it's nice to hear you had such a great time at the local convention and met a couple of the stars. Very lucky of you to get your sketches signed! :)

- Suz ^_~

14. Bamboleo

Bamboleo Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2005
    Luke

I did this for the October fanart challenge... HOW FUN!!!!!!! I haven't done any star wars art in a few weeks, and I have missed it so much :)

AG88, I HOPE THIS MAKES YOU HAPPY !!! HEHEHE Cause don't think you're suggestion didn't have something to do with this ;) ;)

Your_worshipfulness, thank you so much! Lightsabers are my favorite part of the drawing most of the time......I love how you describe it being magical, that's definitely what I'm going for :) Anyway thank you for everything you said. I love this place :) it's so nice here :)

15. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Oh yeah!! That makes me very happy. [face_love] He looks so cute. Don't you just want to give him a big hug. LOL. If I wasn't married I probably would want to do much more with the Farmboy. ;)

Brilliant!! I will make sure to pass the link to your thread to all my Luke loving fangirl buddies. :D

Great job! =D=

AG88

16. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Oh, wow. This is excellent! =D=

It's the eyes that got me. *sigh* [face_love]

17. Bamboleo

Bamboleo Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2005
    AG88, I hope all the lukey lovers out there enjoy it!!!!!! :) Haha, my best friend loves Luke and she's already got it printed out on photo paper. :)
    again, thank you so much... I know how much you love him so I'm glad you liked it so much :) :) :)

JadeLotus, thank you sooo much! The eyes always have to be perfect for me...the soul of the character always has to shine through :) :)

18. Marmida

Marmida Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 22, 2004
    By the Force! Your art is just.... AWESOMELY AMAZING!
    =D= =D= =D=
    Especially Obi and female jedi. Just WOW!

Marmida

19. Jedi_Jennifer

Jedi_Jennifer Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2005
    OMG I'm so envious of your art! I especially love that latest Luke pic!
    You have such a professional style!

20. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I think the Luke picture is easily good enough to be a book jacket. The face is an amazing piece of work - did you sneak any of the colour values off an existing photo? It looks fantastic.

21. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Awesome Luke painting, Bee!!! I agree with everyone's comments so far: it's just beautiful, and could most definitely be a book cover! I can certainly see that eyes are your favorite feature (me too! :p )--each and every one of your pieces has a richness and realness in the eyes that's quite mesmerizing! Stunning work again!

=D==D=

FF

22. Your_Worshipfulness

May 21, 2005
    :eek:

You wouldn't believe the colorful string of words (that wouldn't be proper to type out here) which popped out of my mouth when I saw this. I am completely marveled by your skills. Like everyone else, I can not seem to escape those fabulous eyes. This is beautiful. My only gripe would be with how the lightsaber handle is quite dark and doesn't seem to have a metallic looking sheen, but that's my opinion and a rather picky one. Oh and I'm loving the sparkly glow of the lightsaber yet again. ;)

This would surely make for a great book cover. Excellent work =D=

- Suz ^_~

23. Malos

Malos Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    Great art you got here, Bamboleo :p
    I like the Greedo very much. Amazing. Keep posting:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.