main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Beyond - Legends Beginning of a Beautiful Friendship -- OCs & ECs for OC Emotions Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 16, 2020.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host Who Loves Fanfics & RPGs star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: First of at least 2, maybe 3, or so parts. For the OC challenge I got #12 Eagerness.

My original characters are Sorath, Leia's brother & Kandori Kenobi. Their story was really expounded best in my DDC "Sibling Snark & Sweetness."
    ~
    Sorath was finishing his last few weeks of an internship in Holonet Crimes Investigations. He couldn't wait to go to Naboo and visit Kandori whose catering venture was becoming more popular. Word kept spreading that the decadent delights were beyond marvelous!

He could not wait to wrap her up in a big hug and kiss her senseless!

Kandori brimmed with eager excitement as well. It had been too long since she had seen Sorath. Comm-messages just were not the same.

She had a second reason for high anticipation. One of her repeat clients, an independent trader, Talon Karrde and his green-eyed indispensable second, Mara Jade, were on planet. Kandori was determined to introduce Mara to Luke Skywalker, a lifelong friend.

+++

TBC ... ;)

2. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Ah....the risks of setting up your friend on a date. Hopefully, the Mara/Luke thing will work out! ;)

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The Fanfic Manager With The Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, is there a more fitting writer to deal with the theme of eagerness in their OCs than you, my friend??? I loved the tone all throughout this piece! Of the anticipation, both for the reunion of Kantori and Sorath, and for the match making between their mutual friends. Because I would expect nothing less from the Maestro of Mush! [face_mischief] [face_love]

I can't wait to see where this one goes next. :D [face_dancing] [:D]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    ~

Mara scowled at Kandori. "What Porg-brained idea was it that led you to think for one karking minute I wanted to be matched up with your childhood friend?" Her green eyes flashed. "It's not exactly flattering to either one of us."

Kandori grimaced at her friend's reaction. Mara was on Naboo on vacation, staying at the villa her company owned for business and pleasure in the Lake Country. Mara worked for a broker of facts and merchandise, a conscientious and clever "rogue," Talon Karrde.

"Mara, it's not like that. Luke is wonderful, and I think you two would hit it off, is all."

Mara sighed with resignation. "Okay, Kandy. But if he's a crashing bore, I'm out of there."

Kandori laughed at her friend's snarky outspokenness. "He isn't, Mara, believe me. You'll see."

"You owe me, Kandori." Mara said crisply, always one to have the last word.

+++

TBC ... ;)

5. Findswoman

Findswoman Force Ghost star 5

Feb 27, 2014
    Ooh, very nice: :D I have to agree with Mira, the “eagerness” prompt couldn’t have gotten a better taker. :) I love how it pervades everything in the story so far: Kandori and Sorath’s ebullient eagerness to see each other, but also to introduce these two dear (and familiar!) childhood friends to each other. And if Mara gives herself the chance, she might find herself more eager to meet that childhood friend of Kandori’s! :D As always, a fun sweet read, and I look forward to more—so glad to have you in the challenge! =D=

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The Fanfic Manager With The Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Ha! Well Mara is certainly never one to mince words, to put it lightly! :p [face_laugh] But Kandori knows her friends - both of her friends. Something tells me that it may just be the other way around, with Mara owing Kandori in the end . . . [face_mischief] [face_whistling] :p

An excellent update! I can't wait for more! =D=

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    funny and love to see Kandori pushing Mara in a certain way

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    ;) That was loads of fun!

~

Kandori and Sorath hugged tightly. "It's so grand to see you again, Kandy. So, how did Mara take your idea about Luke?" Sorath's eyes danced with mirth.

"How do you think?" Kandori asked and laughed.

They were at a diner which featured totally delicious food with wonderful sauces for the entrees and creams for the desserts.

Luke and Mara came in soon after Sorath and Kandori and joined them.

Mara's reflexive frown disappeared with the introductions as she took in the indisputable fact that Luke was easy to look at. As for Luke, he drank Mara in unapologetically.

They ordered ribenes slathered in sauce and sauted vegetables and tall mugs of fizzale.

Luke talked enthusiastically about his Jedi and pilot training. Mara was engrossed with the latter, being an expert pilot as well.

"Hmmm," Mara observed, "I guess you're glad the Jedi don't have that no-attachment rule anymore. Can't believe it was very popular even with the Masters who thought they needed such a thing."

Luke laughed at her turn of phrase. "Absolutely! That was more trouble than it was worth, led to too many secrets and impossible choices. A person should be able to balance love and profession."

"At least have the option open," agreed Sorath.

"In my Galactic History class, we studied about a Darth Revan," Kandori put in, "He was eventually redeemed. What do you think of that, Luke? Do you think that's possible, and could you ever trust someone once they'd fallen?"

"Could I or should I?" Luke said. "I don't know. As for the Jedi in general, should they trust someone like that? It would take a long period of probationary vigilance I would expect."

They caught up then on mutual friends and when Kandori and Mara took a 'fresher break, Mara had to admit with a wry chuckle, "Okay, Kandy. This wasn't one of your worst ideas, one of the best in fact."

Kandori smiled radiantly. "So if he wanted to ask you out ...?"

Mara replied, "I wouldn't mind, to be honest."

At the evening's end, Luke did indeed exchange comm codes with Mara, telling her it was a real pleasure to have met her.

"Likewise," she responded.

"I'll be in touch," Luke said, and Mara could tell he meant it.

+++
    TBC...

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [Unintentional double post]

~
    One Week Later...

"Got to admit, Sorath," Luke said, "I haven't been able to get Mara out of my mind. She's the most gorgeous lady I've ever set my eyes on!"

Sorath grinned. Kandori's match-making seemed to be coming off splendidly, at least on Luke's end.

He wondered if Mara was having the same reaction.

When the friends got together for a flittersail on the lake, Mara was wearing a two-piece bathing outfit of a less vibrant green than her eyes while Kandori wore one a shade of blue darker than the clear skies above.

Luke and Sorath complimented them most sincerely.

Mara relaxed amongst this genial company and bantered about the pranks of pilots.

She told Luke about her business ventures and promised to take him for a "spin" in her personal yacht, the Jadesabre.

Luke was impressed with the sleek lines of her ship, and Mara was very pleased at his genuine, enthusiastic grin as he exclaimed: "She's superb, Mara!"

Mara smirked and answered, "She's fast too." She proceeded to tell Luke of the specifications and was very happy his eyes didn't glaze over. He actually seemed to understand what she was talking about. Her estimation of him rose a few more notches.

"I'll be leaving soon," she said after they took the Sabre for a dash out of Naboo's orbit and into the surrounding system of worlds and satellites. "I have no idea when I'll be back here again."

Luke felt dejected at the idea, and it showed in his clear, blue eyes. "I hope you'll make time to come back, often."

Mara gave him one of her rare smiles. "I certainly have every reason to, thanks to Kandori's insistence that we meet."

Luke grinned. He didn't know what lay ahead for he and Mara, but at the very least, it was the start of a grand friendship.

+++

end

:)

10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    super ending. Love Sorath and Kandori for their friendship with Luke and Mara

11. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 6, 2016
    Interesting to see where this goes, if it continues.
    Well written. Makes the reader want to know more.
    Lynda V.

12. Thumper09

Thumper09 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Great work! It was easy to feel the eagerness Sorath and Kandori both had to see each other again after their long time apart. I also liked how things shifted from established relationships (Sorath and Kandori, and Kandori with both Luke and Mara separately) and melded seamlessly into a budding relationship between Luke and Mara. It's good that Mara agreed to go on the date, even if grudgingly at first-- she and Luke hit it off pretty well! I think Luke will have to stay on his toes to keep up with her. Good job!

13. Anedon

Anedon Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2016
    Nice story, kinda of a different take on the Luke/Mara relationship in an AU like this but nice to see their love remains strong no matter the timeline. :)

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the sweet reviews! @};- I was definitely going for the varied relationships: between Sorath and Kandori, Mara and her friendships leading to a blossoming relationship with Luke. That is one thing I adore about Luke/Mara, even in AU stories, their love journey is scrumptious even if/when the details differ. ;)

Kahara and Anedon like this.