main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Beginnings (Dear Diary Challenge 2010) -- OC/Kyp -- Completed 09/12/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ceillean, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001

2. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Aw, very sweet. I look forward to reading the ceremony.

3. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    I really like this story! The whole idea of seeing the beginning of an Empress through the eyes of her friend is intriguing. I don't know your OC from before, but I like her a lot in this. It's good for Kyp that she was a social worker. And good for her too, I'd think.

Nice update!

4. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Thanks. :) Ceremony's coming up.

I'm really glad you like the story. :) And I am sooooo happy you like my OC. I've put the most work in her character. I've been writing her for years already but just recently introduced her to the boards.

And now...teh ceremony. :D

5. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    It was one of those moments where you forgot to breathe. The ceremonial chamber, so large it was like looking into the sky instead of the ceiling, was packed with elegantly dressed people. Brightly colored gowns, some women wore funny hats, others had their hair twisted up in odd styles. Uniformed men stood at attention, others wore their different colored suits with pride. All of them had one thing in common, though. They were here for Jag and Jaina?s wedding, for the Emperor?s wedding and going by the smiles on their faces, all of them were happy for the couple. Even the few employees of the Coruscanti New Association who had been allowed to attend beamed with happy smiles.

There was a collective gasp as the people rose from their seats, as we made our way down the white carpeted aisle, slowly walking to a soft tune coming from hidden speakers along the tall white walls.

Jagged Fel stood next to Grand Master Skywalker, underneath an arch made from white roses, looking quite handsome in his black suit. The emotions he displayed in the Force told me that he was nervous but to keep up appearances, he stood completely at ease, completely calm with just the slightest of smiles on his face.

As the bridesmaids and groomsmen took their places in the front and we turned to face the guests, Lando Calrissian?s little boy waddled up the aisle carefully holding the red pillow with the golden rings atop it. I remembered a text I had read about the symbolic nature of the rings, their circular shape supposedly representing perfection and never-ending love.

In my opinion, Jag and Jaina were perfect for one another. I only hoped they would make it together through the turbulent times that awaited them.

The soft tunes of music suddenly stopped and all at once the entire chamber grew quiet. Every set of eyes stared at the open double doors of the chamber and I heard the audible intake of breath as they saw Jaina standing next to her father in her brilliant white gown. She looked beautiful.

It was like a queen was about to walk down the aisle.

The sudden onslaught of emotions in the air was breathtaking. I took a quick glance at Jag and smiled as I saw him subtly fidget. He held his hands in front of him, wringing his fingers as he stared at his wife-to-be. I thought I saw tears in his eyes but, of course, it could also have only been a trick of the light and I would never know because Jagged Fel would never admit having to deal with tears. Too stubborn of a man but he could never deny the emotions whirling about him, happiness with a touch of fear that I felt through the Force.

As another soft melody wafted through the chamber, I turned back to Jaina and Han. Really, it was amazing watching her walk next to her father, one hand gripping his arm as if her life depended on it, while holding her bouquet of flowers in the other hand. She met Jag?s gaze and not once did it waver.

And Jag, always one to control his feelings, wasn?t so much in control right now. I noted how he took a deep breath, how his smile grew with each step Jaina came closer. They were a match made by the Force, I swear.

When they arrived at the front of the chamber, Han placed a kiss on his daughters? cheek and nodded towards Jag. It was the subtlest of gestures but it meant the world to Han. In that small gesture, he had let go of his daughter, he had given her into the hands of this young man, her future husband.

?Please, be seated.?

Master Skywalker?s soft and kind voice brought me back to the present and I noticed that Jaina had already passed her bouquet of flowers over to Tenel Ka. The guests shuffled about and sat down and once everything had quieted, Master Skywalker nodded and smiled at the bride and groom in turn.

?Jagged Fel and Jaina Solo, in presenting yourselves here today to be joined in marriage, you perform an act of faith.? He began slowly. ?This faith can grow and develop and last, but only if you both decide to make it so. A lasting and growing love is not guaranteed by any ritual.?

The truth of the words rung clearly in my

6. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Jagged Fel would never admit having to deal with tears.

Of course not. *chuckles*

Awww, very sweet ceremony. [face_love]

7. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, that is so sweet!! You captured everyones' emotions perfectly [face_love]

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh Cei, squee! Next comes the honeymoon. more squee! Ramps up the AC LOL

Huggles!!!!!!

ETA on 01/25/2010 --

[face_blush] !!!!!!!!!!

Based on comments in a PM from you re: the honeymoon [face_laugh] I had a feeling I was the reader who wanted that bit of the action [face_laugh] [face_mischief] I'm totally incorrigible when it comes to J&J hotness ... always. [face_laugh] =P~ into bucket!
    (Scary though... Nyota/Spock -- that's worse if that's possible) [face_love]

[face_dancing]

I love your diary very much -- I'm so glad you decided to do it. :)

[face_love]

9. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I couldn't even begin to quote my favorite part, the entire thing was perfect. And the vows - so so so beautiful,(you did a wonderful job of tweaking them, they fit perfectly)!!!!!!

10. jadesabre75

jadesabre75 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 14, 2007
    Ok, so I've finally caught up. LOL Forgive my tardiness my dear.

Nummy. My two favorite couples in one story! As always your writing rocks!

Chapter 1
    Just like Jag to try and sneak a peek. Stubborn man indeed. [face_shame_on_you]

I love the interaction between the girls and damn if I wasn?t smiling and blushing when Kyp was adoring Liz. Damn girl?.you go! =D=

Chapter 2
    ?I get to squeeze his backside on a daily basis.? - So Jealous!!!!! [face_love]

Loved Liz?s memory. Brilliant imagery as always!

Chapter 3
    Yes, that Durron boy needs a strong woman. Someone to kick his ass periodically. Thankfully Liz fits the bill.

I loved this small moment between Kyp and Liz again. Of course any story where Kyp is getting some affection is a good one! [face_love] Excellent snark as well!

Chapter 4
    Those vows were freaking brilliant! I was darn near crying myself. Beautiful ceremony!!!!

Loved Liz?s observations of Jag while he waited for Jaina. Very insightful and very true! LOL

I can't wait to read more. The party should be...interesting at least.

Excellent job Ceillean! As always I love reading your stuff!

11. EmpressJainaSoloFel

EmpressJainaSoloFel Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2009
    I love it! The vows really did fit the characters. And Soontir and Syal at the wedding? I'd love to know how they got out of Chiss space. Must be that Antilles sneakiness :) Well done!

12. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    When they arrived at the front of the chamber, Han placed a kiss on his daughters? cheek and nodded towards Jag. It was the subtlest of gestures but it meant the world to Han. In that small gesture, he had let go of his daughter, he had given her into the hands of this young man, her future husband.

Although the speech that Luke says is beautiful, I think I like this part of the post best. It's so sweet and pure. Lovely ceremony![face_love]

13. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

14. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    There was a balcony on the upper most level of the Crystal Palace. It spanned at least twenty meters from one end to the other. I stood near the banister, looking out over the quiet sea while the reception was going on behind me. I watched as the horizon lit up with a beautiful orange color mixed with pink and I sighed.

There was only so much mushy lovey-dovey gooey stuff you could take before you wanted to make a run for it.

?Why are you out here on your own??

Startled, I spun around towards the voice and arched my brows. I smiled as Jaina?s youngest brother approached with his hands stashed in the pockets of his slacks.

I had met Anakin when he was three years old. He?d been this cute pudgy little kid and the urge to pinch his cheeks had been great. I had tried that only once and he had made a point of not liking it by biting my finger. In fact, those tiny little itty-bitty baby teeth almost bit off the finger. And seeing him now, all grown up and so handsome with tousled hair and blue eyes?good God, I felt old.

I sighed and gestured to the sea behind me. ?Enjoying the view.? I said, turning around. ?I needed space to breathe.?

Anakin stepped up beside me and chuckled softly. ?Yeah. It?s crowded inside.?

I considered Anakin to be a very, very lucky young man. Not only did he have the most interesting family in the entire galaxy but he was a hero to so many other young Jedi and non-Jedi alike that I was amazed he was still so down-to-earth. I had heard various stories that he had almost lost his life while saving his friends on a mission. It seemed to have been something of a miracle that he?d survived, according to Master Skywalker. Perhaps there was still more in store for young Anakin. It wouldn?t surprise me in the least because there was something absolutely spectacular about this young man.

He had a promising future to look forward to, I was sure of it.

?Are you happy for your sister?? I asked slowly.

I felt those astonishing blue eyes focus on me as he answered. ?Of course. It?s about time she settled down. I think Jag and Jaina are perfect for one another.?

?Like you and Tahiri.? I said, turning towards him. And, as expected, I noted how his cheeks turned red, along with his ears. I can?t begin to describe the adorable picture he presented.

I let out a little laugh and gestured towards the reception hall. ?She?s waiting for you, you know.?

?She?s with the other bridesmaids. I?m pretty sure she?s busy.?

I breathed in the salty air of the sea and stepped away from the banister. ?Where ever she is, whatever she?s doing ? no matter what, she?ll always wait for you.?

With a smile I winked at him and turned away. I suppose it was his turn to get some air because he didn?t follow me inside. And maybe I gave him something to think about as well. Most Jedi thought alike ? their duty came first. And with the Solo?s and the Skywalker?s?well, they had a reputation to live up to but by doing this I think they tend to forget they have a private life.

I never could understand the Old Jedi Order and their laws about attachment. Leading a life without someone to love, someone at your side ? it isn?t a life at all, if you ask me. There would always be something missing. It would seem unfulfilling.

?There you are!?

When I entered the reception hall, it was Anja?s voice that I heard over the sounds of laughter and music. Anja caught up with me and going by the wide grin on her face, I was certain she had something interesting to report.

?I was looking for you all over the place!?

?I was outside.?

?Guess what?? She asked and I could just imagine how she fought not to fidget.

?Spill it.?

?I just talked with Cem Fel.?

I raised my brows. ?And??

?Liz, he?s dreamy!?

I couldn?t help but smile. ?And??

?What do you mean and? You have to come talk to him!? She took my hand and started pulling me into the middle of the decorated hall. If I had thought the ceremony chambers had been breathtaking then this was all but spectacular.

The domed ceiling twinkled as light tou

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Sweet sweet. [face_dancing]
    Melty quote:
    I breathed in the salty air of the sea and stepped away from the banister. ?Where ever she is, whatever she?s doing ? no matter what, she?ll always wait for you." Truer words. Raptures!
    A/T are too much fun at this stage! I love they have a chance with each other.

"And who wants a Chiss when you can have a Fel?" LOL Like that. That applies to many rhetorical questions for lovers. Squee! :D

16. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    few young kids ran around the place, pretending to be holostars in the spotlight. Great visual. I've seen kids do that before. Granted, it was pop stars but same thing. :p

?Who wants a Chiss when you can have a Fel??
    [face_laugh]

Great update

17. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    ?Why are you out here on your own??

Startled, I spun around towards the voice and arched my brows. I smiled as Jaina?s youngest brother approached with his hands stashed in the pockets of his slacks.

I had met Anakin when he was three years old. He?d been this cute pudgy little kid and the urge to pinch his cheeks had been great. I had tried that only once and he had made a point of not liking it by biting my finger. In fact, those tiny little itty-bitty baby teeth almost bit off the finger. And seeing him now, all grown up and so handsome with tousled hair and blue eyes?good God, I felt old.

Oh, I totally melted there! I was imagining it.. and I did this amazing line of giggles. How very Tahiri of me! I need my own Anakin Solo!

[face_love]

I felt those astonishing blue eyes focus on me as he answered. ?Of course. It?s about time she settled down. I think Jag and Jaina are perfect for one another.?

?Like you and Tahiri.? I said, turning towards him. And, as expected, I noted how his cheeks turned red, along with his ears. I can?t begin to describe the adorable picture he presented.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! [face_love] [face_love] I'm such a sucker for Anakin Solo!

Even his denseness is adorable! [face_love]

?I was looking for you all over the place!?

?I was outside.?

?Guess what?? She asked and I could just imagine how she fought not to fidget.

?Spill it.?

?I just talked with Cem Fel.?

I raised my brows. ?And??

?Liz, he?s dreamy!?

Banter. I love it :cool:

?What?s with the Chiss you met earlier?? I asked, remembering the red eyed uniformed man from the bar.

Anja waved my question away. ?Who wants a Chiss when you can have a Fel??

How very typical Anja.

True that. But for me, who wants a Fel when you can have a Solo?
    Oooh, I went there :)

Loved it. Though one thing, next diary you do, it's got to be full Anakin and Tahiri, because you make me melt when you write it :)

=D=

18. EmpressJainaSoloFel

Jan 3, 2009
    Who WOULD want a Chiss when you can have a Fel? Anja sure got that one right! Great update!

19. Kailene

Feb 17, 2009
    Anja waved my question away. ?Who wants a Chiss when you can have a Fel?? This seems to be the quote of the week! ;) Wouldn't it be nice if we could all have a Fel of our own [face_love] :p ?!?

Wonderful descriptions of the hall, you make it sound so beautiful!

And seeing him now, all grown up and so handsome with tousled hair and blue eyes?good God, I felt old. This happened to me recently, my best friends son (who I witnessed being born & changed his diapers!) is now in college, and towers over me! Talk about feeling old! Anakin was one of my favorites, such a sweetie, I wish they hadn't killed him off!

Anja & Cem together, that could be a dangerous combination![face_laugh] Jag better watch out! Wonder how Jag's gonna react to Wyn & Valin, should be interesting.

20. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    ?Where ever she is, whatever she?s doing ? no matter what, she?ll always wait for you.?

Truer words have never been spoken [face_love]

Great post!! I obviously love Anja :D And the Cem/Wyn/Valin stuff was awesome :D

21. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Thanks everyone for your comments. [:D] I'll reply later because doing so on the little, itty bitty netbook is complicated. ;) Here's the next update.
    And a big, huge thank you goes out to Jade_Eyes! [:D]

I absolutely hate getting my pictures taken.

Ever since Kyp and I had been hounded down by reporters on what was supposed to be a romantic dinner date some ten years earlier, I despised anything even remotely similar to a holocam.

Just seconds before I thought my cheeks would freeze in a state of cramps, I was released from this torture method a little over thirty minutes later. Sure, the pictures turned out to be absolutely stunning. The photographer ? an overweight and ridiculously dressed middle-aged Twi?lek ? had done a wonderful job of showing this beautiful day in all its splendor. And I?m not exaggerating.

He had put up a hologram projector that first depicted a vast green landscape as a picture background. It switched in intervals ? a forest, a meadow, a flower garden, even something akin to a throne room for Jaina and Jag only. It looked very?uh?[i]imperial[/i], if you ask me.

You know, official pictures for the public eye and all that.

The family pictures wouldn?t be released to the public, as far as I knew and neither would those pictures with the bridesmaids and groomsmen. I had enough of seeing my face in the media, thank you very much.

?I need a break.?

I glanced over my shoulder and chuckled when Kyp approached me. He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the nearest exit and I wondered if this was going to become a habit ? people dragging me all over the place. I do know how to walk on my own, thank you very much.

Next stop ? after squeezing through mobs of elegantly dressed beings of all shapes, sizes and scents ? excuse me, odors ? was a room off the reception hall. It was empty, accept for a few stacked up chairs, two extra tables and stacks of tablecloths.

And once the door closed behind us, it was heavenly quiet.

Kyp breathed in deeply and leaned against the wall and I laughed at him. And here I thought I was exhausted with all the happy people and their laughter and their good moods.

?You seem tired.? I said with a grin, stepping closer. He grabbed my hips and pulled me towards him and before I knew it, he kissed me. Good God almighty and Force help me but he was scrumptious. I could have melted in his arms right then and there, converted into this gooey puddle of mush. I leaned into him and sighed as he encircled my waist with his arms. I don?t know how much time passed but I wished the moment could have lasted forever.

We broke apart and I found myself smiling quite sheepishly. Were we really hiding in a backroom smootching like love struck teenagers?

That would be a hell kriffing yeah.

?Should we make a run for it?? Kyp asked softly, tucking a wayward strand of my uncontrollable hair behind my ear.

?Sounds like a plan to me.?

?Think they?d miss us??

I pretended to think it over for a second or two while I placed small kisses in the palm of his hand. ?I don?t believe they would, no.?

?I could rewire a ship and we could leave. Head for the mainland, check into a hotel and stay there for a few days.?

Oh, the thought was marvelous. Just imagining it made me shiver but in a good way.
    ?I think after more than twenty-four hours, Jaina would send out a search team for us.?

I said slowly, wrinkling my nose at the thought.

?But they?d never catch us, would they?? His smile made my stomach do the weirdest flip flops ever.

?Of course they wouldn?t.? I whispered as he came closer still. ?We?re too clever for them.?

?Definitely.?

We kissed again and this time I noted an edge of longing in his touch that hadn?t been there before. I stood on my toes as I wrapped my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss and breathing in his spicy scent. I wished we could lock the door so I could undress him, inch after inch and savor that perfect body of his. The idea of sneaking away to a hotel ? far away from all the hustle and bustle in the Palace ? was b

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ooh that was very well done indeed!!!!!!! =D= =D= The contrast between the moods of the two scenes is very sharply defined this way. :D The very difference emphasizes how far Kyp and Liz have come. [face_thinking] The first scene had me Squggling up a storm. Scrumptious. I love that word! It's the same as delicious but it somehow sounds more yummy [face_laugh]

Squee!!!

Looking forward to Kyp and Liz getting away.

[face_dancing]

The only problem with being a hopeless flirt like Anja is men forget they have girlfriends and of course she doesn't ask [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

[face_mischief]

23. EmpressJainaSoloFel

Jan 3, 2009
    Would it be wrong of me to say that Anja is by far my fave character in this fic? She makes me laugh all the time. And gotta love the hiding in a back room... It's a fun throwback to the conference room days of J/J. How appropriate that Liz would hide in a back room on Jaina's wedding day.

24. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    It's very funny, because I can see Jaina and Jag doing that at Liz and Kyp's wedding - unless they already have gotten married at this point.

Great update :)

25. Kailene

Feb 17, 2009
    We broke apart and I found myself smiling quite sheepishly. Were we really hiding in a backroom smootching like love struck teenagers? I think that Kyp & Liz have been taking lessons from my other favorite couple !!:p

And Anja [face_laugh][face_laugh] - that whole exchange between her, Liz & Kyp had me in hysterics! She just never learns!!

Maybe they can steal a few private moments together during the reception. If not, it's going to be a very long evening for those two.[face_blush] ;)

Can't wait for more.