main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Beginnings (Dear Diary Challenge 2010) -- OC/Kyp -- Completed 09/12/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ceillean, Dec 31, 2009.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful scene with Liz and Leo. She's empathic and also gets the job done. She's definitely in the younglings' corner as should all social workers be -- but that gets harder and harder the more paper work they get snowed with :(

Woo! Superbly intense suspensefulness on the transport with the creepy stalker. Loved Liz calling for Kyp there. :* :*

2. EmpressJainaSoloFel

EmpressJainaSoloFel Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2009
    I agree with this! I hope good things happen for Leo and Tamira. Call me weird, but for some reason their names made me think of Leonia Tavira. Am I dumb or what? I can't wait to see the creepy stalker thing resolved. Poor Liz :-(

3. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    boy was thirteen years old, a kid off the streets whose parents didn?t care a rats? ass about him or his five year old sister :( Poor kids.

Uh oh. The kids' father, maybe? Hmmm.

=D= Great update.

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That's so creepy!! Poor Liz :( [:D]

Great chapter, though!!

5. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001

6. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    And introducing Nikk. Another OC and so much friggin fun to write. [face_laugh]

Hope you like him as much as I do. [face_mischief]

I sat on the sofa with my legs pulled to my chest while Kyp was in the other room quietly talking over the com. I felt bad that Kyp was disturbing Jag and Jaina?s honeymoon but he considered this an emergency and it seemed so did Jag. He?d had one of his aides send over all images taken at the wedding, including those taken by the professionals.

The man was quick. I was grateful for that.

The images were stored on a small data chip that now lay on the table in front of me. All I had to do was get up, walk into our office and look through the pictures on the holoscreen.

It felt like the most difficult thing to do.

I still wanted to believe that all this was one big mistake, that I was just way too jumpy and there would be a decent explanation for everything. But the moment I looked through the pictures, the moment I saw that man ? I just knew that my hope would diminish.

?Let?s get this over with.? I said to myself, reaching forward to grab the data chip. I was up on my feet heading towards the office when Kyp came out looking pretty grim.

?I thought no one could reach them on their honeymoon?? I said conversationally, holding the data chip in a tight fist.

Kyp shrugged and smiled. ?I?m special. I have everyone?s number.?

?Really??

?Yep.?

?So you could reach the Chief of State, too??

He wrinkled his nose. ?Why would I want to do that? She?s not on my list of very important people.?

Chuckling to myself, I went to pass by him but he stopped me by placing a hand on my shoulder. When I turned around to face him, he sighed and the look on his face told me that there was something I wasn?t going to like.

?I need to head out for a little while.? He said quietly. ?I know you don?t want to be alone ??

?No, I don?t.?

?That?s why I asked Nikk to stay with you until I get back. I still have something to finish with Master Skywalker.?

I raised my brows. ?Nikk??

?Yep.?

I narrowed my eyes on him when I realized he was having a hard time keeping a straight face. ?You do know that I [i]will[/i] crack his head open.?

?Well, you can try ??

I smacked him one on the arm. He was enjoying this a bit too much.

See, Nikk Vox is your typical tall, dark and handsome kind of guy. How the [i]hell[/i] he made into Jedi Knighthood, I have no clue. I met him right around the time I met Kyp. It feels like a lifetime ago and even back then the two of us hadn?t gotten along too well. Nikk has a big mouth and he?s not afraid to use it and he doesn?t think before he acts, which gets him into all sorts of trouble. You can?t go out with the man because within an hour, he?ll have made enemies and they would want his head.

I sighed and rubbed my temples. ?Why Nikk??

?Come on, sweetheart.? Kyp said, playfully flicking my nose with his finger. ?You trust Nikk, don?t you??

I sighed. ?Yeah.?

And I really did. Besides all his many faults, he was a good guy.

?And I won?t be gone for long.?

I didn?t really have much of a choice in the matter anyway. I really didn?t want to be alone ? totally out of the question and a part of me was sort of looking forward to the banter with Nikk. It was fun annoying him.

?Fine.? I said, pursing my lips. ?When?s he supposed to get here??

My question was answered by the sound of the door chime.

Nikk strolled into the apartment as if he owned the entire damned planet. I had to admit, the man looked good. As usual, he did not wear Jedi robes as most of the others did ? Nikk was a stylish person and he went all out when he could. Today, though, he kept the colors to a minimum, going with blacks and reds, matching the red streaks in his long dark hair.

Nikk has always had this thing with red. He even has beautiful red tattoos covering his back and half of his torso. What I did not remember were the earrings and the brow piercing. Yeah, our Nikk was a stylish fellow. It wouldn?t have surprised me if he secretly kept fashion holozines stacked under his bed.

?

7. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    Loved Nikk, he's definitely a ton of fun!! Perfect person to both protect Liz and get her mind off of everything while Kyp is away.

?I thought no one could reach them on their honeymoon?? I said conversationally, holding the data chip in a tight fist.
    Kyp shrugged and smiled. ?I?m special. I have everyone?s number.?
    ?Really??
    ?Yep.?
    ?So you could reach the Chief of State, too??
    He wrinkled his nose. ?Why would I want to do that? She?s not on my list of very important people.?
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Yes Kyp, you are very special. [face_love] I think no matter how how they tried, he'd still find a way to find them on their honeymoon.

8. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    ?I?m special. I have everyone?s number.? [face_laugh]

Nikk has a big mouth and he?s not afraid to use it and he doesn?t think before he acts, which gets him into all sorts of trouble. You can?t go out with the man because within an hour, he?ll have made enemies and they would want his head.
    [face_laugh] Like him already.

[face_laugh] Nikk sounds like a hoot.

=D=

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nikk is cool! Very distinctive appearance and personality wise LOL A great friend for Liz to have her back. :D

10. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    Great update! - did like Nikk in your stories of Kyp/Liz :)
    He's the type of guy that drives you crazy but makes you laugh at the same time!
    :)

11. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

12. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    ?Wait, wait. Go back one. Who?s that??

I sighed. Why was I not surprised?

?Anja.?

Nikk stood behind me and leaned closer to get a better look at the image floating above the small holoprojector. We hadn?t even managed to get through half the pictures because Nikk kept asking questions about various female guests at the wedding.

This picture showed Anja smiling brightly and I had to admit it was a beautiful picture of her. I mean, she looked like such a decent young woman when in reality she was the complete opposite.

Yeah, Anja and Nikk would totally hit it off.

?She?s beautiful.?

?Yep.?

?Do you know her personally??

?We?re friends.?

?Really?? He asked in a conspiratorial voice.

He leaned closer still, staring at the image as if memorizing each and every detail. I really didn?t like him hovering over me the way he did ? I didn?t like anyone behind me in general and to top it off, Nikk smelled of beer.

?Your breath stinks.? I said, sliding my finger over the pad in front of me to see the next picture. From the corner of my eye I saw how Nikk raised his brows.

?You lie.?

I laughed a little and shook my head. ?I never lie.?

?And you lie yet again you evil fiend!?

This is typical Nikk for you. Sometimes you would think the man took nothing seriously. The galaxy could be tipping to the side and Nikk would still be able to smile, he would find something amusing in the most morbid situation where others would rather run away ? he was definitely one in a million.

?There?s candy and breathmints in the kitchen cabinet.? I swiveled my chair around and smiled at him.

?Candy, you say??

If life were fair, Nikk would be really really big. If life were fair, we could tuck in his arms and legs and roll him around the place because he ate and ate and ate and ate and yet he was still skinny and athletic?so I knew when he went into the kitchen for food, he?d come back loaded.

?Keep away from the cookies, though.? I called after him, going back to the wedding pictures.

?Why??

I heard the slight hiss as he opened the cabinets. ?Because they?re Kyp?s.?

?So??

About five minutes later he returned with a bowl full of cookies and candy, including a cup filled to the rim with overly sweet fizz juice stuff ? my teeth could so not handle so much sugar on one go. And Nikk looked like a big kid with a grin on his face while holding his dinner in both hands.

I raised my brows at the cookies. ?Don?t say I didn?t warn you.?

?They?re just cookies.?

?I know. Kyp?s cookies. He?s very protective of his cookies.?

Nikk pulled a spare chair up and sat next to me. I was getting tired and thinking about calling it a night because after more than two hundred pictures, I was already losing focus. Sure, the images were beautiful. In this day and age, it?s rare to see powerful people happy in public. Jaina and Jag?s pictures were breathtaking, especially one where they stood outside on the balcony of the Crytal Palace, holding one another while smiling at each other. They, at least, had their fairy tale ending.

Absentmindedly I wondered when they were going to have their first child?

The next few images were nothing out of the ordinary. Pictures of the floral decorations, the table decorations and images of the live band on stage. And standing in front of the stage was the old man.

I sat up straight all of a sudden and zoomed into the picture, magnifying the old man?s face to take a better look at him. I still had no idea who this man was. He didn?t look familiar in the least.

?Is that the guy?? Nikk asked in a dark voice.

?Yes. And I?ve never seen him before.? I saved the image on a portable data stick and switched off the projector. I had enough for one day. ?I don?t get it, Nikk.? I rubbed my eyes and stifled a yawn. ?I just don?t get it.?

He placed a hand on my shoulder and squeezed reassuringly. He didn?t say anything because there just wasn?t anything to say.

I never considered myself to be an impatient person but I hated waiting. Sitting on the sofa and trying to ignore the horrible reality show my new babys

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ack! Now the pestering harassing comm calls :eek:

Liked Nikk's reaction to Anja. ;)

kyp likes cookies LOL Doon't we all?

:)

14. EmpressJainaSoloFel

Jan 3, 2009
    Poor Liz, that has to be scary :-( You do a really good job of writing her emotions, from annoyance to joy to fear, she has a very beautiful and believable range of emotions. I don't normally like OC's, but she's so well-written that I'm enjoying this a lot. Great update!

15. Kailene

Feb 17, 2009
    Awesomely creepy ! You did a superb job with all of Liz's emotions, I got chills when she got the crank comm calls. Good for Nikk, he may be a big kid, but he sure comes through when you need him. Glad he was there.

And Nikk stealing Kyp's cookies. [face_laugh] Were you the one who wrote the story where Kyp actually climbed up on the counter to hide his cookies in the top of the cabinet so a kid wouldn't steal them?? That scene comes back to me every so often, and I still get a chuckle out of it.

16. tahiriveilax

Oct 31, 2008
    So creepy! [face_worried]

I would have done the same. Once someone calls you like that in your home, you don't feel safe anymore! I want to know who this guys is, and he better get caught. What a creep.

Great update :D

17. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Thanks so much for reading everyone! [:D]

18. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    I stared out the window while Nikk swerved his speeder through traffic on our way to meet up with Kyp at the Jedi temple. Nikk had called ahead and let him know what had happened and even though I yearned to hear his voice, I knew I would?ve started to cry like a little baby had I spoken to him. It was never like me to break down like this but I felt so vulnerable, completely open to the world and that scared the hell out of me.

I sat hugging myself in the passenger seat, feeling cold from the inside as well as from the outside. All I wanted was to feel warm again, to feel safe again.

It was an indescribable feeling knowing that you had no control over a situation in your life. Normally, you held everything in your own hands but the moment that control is taken away from you?it feels like the universe is crashing onto you and everyone can see who you really are. If it?s so easy for one person to get this close to you, it has to be easy for others as well, right?

?I swear, Liz, we?ll find this guy.?

I knew Nikk meant well but I couldn?t find the nerve to answer. I just had a feeling that things weren?t going to be so easy.

Nikk grabbed my hand when we walked up to the front desk of the temple and I was grateful that the man was so tall. I could hide behind him if I had to and with so many unknown people around us, I did just that. I didn?t care about seeming like your typical damsel in distress ? I was just too tired to care.

The girl at the desk smiled kindly and let us through to the private turbo lifts without questions. This area was closed off to the general public and I breathed a relieved sigh the moment the doors closed in front of us. It was then I realized that I was gripping Nikk?s hand like a lifeline and I let go with an apologetic shrug.

?How?re you holding up?? He asked softly.

I cleared my throat, crossing my arms in front of my chest. How the hell was I supposed to answer that?

?I don?t know, Nikk.?

He laid his arm around my shoulders and hugged me briefly. When the doors opened again we stepped out into a grand foyer. I was always amazed at how brilliant the temple was ? there were statues of Jedi Masters at the front entrance, all sorts of artifacts encased in forcefields along the entryway and up here everything seemed to gleam and twinkle when light shone off the marble walls.

Nikk pulled me along until we met two Jedi Knights stationed in front of a pair of double doors ? the conference room.

They gave us a once over but otherwise ignored us, which I found decidedly rude. Had I been in a different state of mind, I would have said as much.

?Hello, ladies.? Nikk said with a beaming smile. I raised my brows but stayed quiet, wondering what these youngsters would do next. ?Mind stepping aside? We have an appointment and you?re in the way.?

?We weren?t informed.? The older of the two said, leveling a dark gaze on Nikk.

?And I care because??

?You?re not permitted inside.? He said this in a voice that would usually make anyone turn around but not us and definitely not Nikk.

?Listen up, sweetheart.? Nikk stepped up towards the Jedi Knight in question and I noted how he swallowed as Nikk came closer. Nikk was an imposing man, that much was certain and anyone in their right mind would be careful when dealing with him. As cute and as nice as he could be, he could be quite the hardball as well. ?You will step aside. Don?t think that?s too complicated a thing to do, even for your mediocre mind. So what?s it going to be, hm?? Nikk crossed his arms in front of his chest, which made him seem even taller. ?Either you get out of my way, or I will make you.?

The other Jedi Knight jumped in between the two, palms held upward in a gesture to placate. ?You should leave. We?re under orders not to let anyone in while the Council is in session.?

?This is an emergency.? I said quietly. ?Please. Will you send word to Master Durron??

The older Jedi Knight, I noted, was about to argue again. But I shook my head and took a step towards him. ?I wouldn?t be here if it wasn?t important. Please.?

I s

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nikk with the guards hahaha Super! :D

Darvis Vance definitely has a whole bunch of loose screws [face_worried]

That's definitely a spooky experience -- getting threats from someone and then they go away and you think whew! That's done with and then they resurface :eek: Full of as much vengefulness as ever if not more.

Biding his time apparently. [face_worried]

20. Kailene

Feb 17, 2009
    It might have been said before, but I have to add again how well you're doing at writing Liz's emotions. I've been pulled in to just how scared and out of sorts she really is.=D=

Poor Kyp, he tries to protect Liz and it only comes back at him two-fold. Wouldn't want to be Vance though when Kyp finally gets his hands on him.[face_mischief]

Kyp's gonna call Anja, huh? Hmmm, wonder what Nikk's gonna do.:p

21. EmpressJainaSoloFel

Jan 3, 2009
    I love Nikk in this chapter. He knows when to bring it, and he brought it. And poor Kyp, it seems that no matter how hard he tries to fix things they blow up in his face.

22. tahiriveilax

Oct 31, 2008
    Nice update Master. I really like Nikk, and I'm seeing a lot of Han in him. Is it just me or is that on purpose?

[:D]

23. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    That guy is so creepy. *shudders*

Great updates!

24. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    First off, a huge big THANK YOU goes out to Jade_Eyes. She's been over each and every update I've written so far and she's been the biggest help. [:D] And I've written quite a lot.
    I'm already itching to post everything all at once. LOL

Anyway, on to the next update. :)

On the way to Anja?s place, Kyp and I hardly spoke. I wasn?t angry at him, not really, more a bit disappointed. For a moment there, the thought that he didn?t trust me enough to share the information about Vance wandered through my mind but common sense told me that wasn?t the case. It irked me, I?ll admit to that.

So while Nikk sat in front of the controls ? he demanded loudly he be the one to fly ? I sat in the back staring out the window yet again. I did this a lot. On the inside looking out, freedom staring back at me; freedom I wasn?t part of. I was locked up in a world of darkness and the moment I thought I could breathe freely again, something else came up.

It was getting to me, it really was. Would I ever be able to lead a normal life? I left the Jedi for a reason. I wanted an average life with a happy family. From my point of view, it started to look like a dream rather than reality. A normal life ? I was beginning to think it wasn?t possible.

We got to Anja?s little domain a while later. Nikk parked the speeder and I led the way from the park deck up towards the building. It was already getting dark and what a day this had been. All I wanted at that moment was some peace and quiet and a soft bed.

?Wait, wasn?t Anja the chick from the picture this afternoon??

I shook my head but smiled at Nikk?s question. ?Yeah.?

His grin reached from one ear to the other. He turned towards Kyp, walking backwards the rest of the way down a long corridor. ?Are we staying here tonight??

?You haven?t changed a bit, have you?? Kyp asked.

?I think Anja?s going to give him a run for his money, though.? I winked at him. ?She isn?t an easy catch.?

?Great. I like a challenge.?

Smiling to myself, we stopped in front of Anja?s door. I was just about to touch the buzzer when the door opened and Anja glared at me. It was like looking at my Mom when I?d done something stupid as a child. The same stance ? hands on hips, tapping of a foot, brows arched?

I sighed. ?Hello Anja.?

?You are such an idiot.? My stars, the woman yelled at me.

I took a step back and made a face. ?Excuse me??

?So Kyp has to tell me about this stranger stalking you because you don?t have the guts to do it yourself??

?What?? Suffice it to say, I was confused by this sudden outburst.

Anja suddenly pulled me into her arms. I was so stunned that I couldn?t move. Plus, she nearly squeezed me half to death. I could hardly breathe. ?Anja?? I coughed.

?You?re my best friend, Liz!? She stepped back and I actually saw tears glittering in her eyes. ?If you need me, I?m here for you. Don?t shut me out.?

I raised my brows. ?Are you on drugs??

Playfully, she slapped my arm and laughed. Which was good because I wasn?t used to this worrying Mom-like Anja at all. It was at that point that she noticed Nikk.

Ah yes.

The sparks.

All over the place.

Colorful sparks.

Magic for a romantic holomovie.

Nikk stepped forward and took Anja?s hand in his. And like a gentleman, he raised her hand to his lips and kissed her knuckles. It was almost too much to watch ? I had a hard time keeping a straight face.

?Hello there, beautiful.? Nikk said in a deep voice, the sort of voice any woman would find attractive. In fact, I?m pretty sure most women would find Nikk attractive in general. Tall, dark and handsome, strikingly blue eyes, broad shoulders, athletically built?he was a looker, I have to admit to that.

?And who might you be?? Anja asked with a drop dead gorgeous smile.

With a grunt, I took Kyp?s hand and led the way into Anja?s apartment, my second home. While Anja and Nikk got acquainted ? she was already laughing at something Nikk said ? we walked down the hallway towards the living room.

Anja lived in a spacious home. One large living room, an inhumanly large kit

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Marvelous spark flying meeting with Anja and Nikk. :D

Very touched by Anja's burst of protectiveness.

Kyp and Liz with the fruit etc. =P~ [face_completely melted!]

[:D]

!!!!!!!