main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Saga - PT Beginnings |Kanan/Hera AU |FanFic Olympics pentathlon

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Raissa Baiard, Jul 7, 2021.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha 2 Truths 1 Lie Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh the realization came to Kanan too late! :( Her joy at seeing him again was undisguised and his puzzlement and needing to keep an alias intact plus the years since they last saw each other caused the pause before the memory of who and when he'd seen her. =D=

Kahara, Findswoman and Raissa Baiard like this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    WOW Kanan saw her but now she is gone again

3. Findswoman

Findswoman Force Ghost star 5

Feb 27, 2014
    Ohmigosh, how did I manage to not comment on this wonderful scene yet? Really sorry about that! :eek: Especially as it's one of the most poignant and beautiful installments in this series to date—oh, those "so close but so far away" feels, combined with those "remembering too late" feels! =(( Love the process by which he remembers, though, with her words about an "old friend" sparking memories of those words from much earlier, which meant so much to him at a difficult and lonely time, and then from there to noticing the lekku patterns. And you know, I just have to wonder if Hera is having a similar realization as she's walking away feeling sad and disappointed—she too might be putting two and two together and coming to the conclusion that Kanan Jarrus could be the assumed name of that kid she knew so long ago and presumes tragically dead. Probably not at all an uncommon kind of meeting at this turbulent period in Galactic history, alas, though it means that when they get a chance at a do-over it will be all the more splendid. :kanan: :hera: Thanks so much for this beautiful Kanera scene and another wonderful installment in a wonderful series! <3

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The Fanfic Manager With The Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, but this collection continues to be absolutely lovely! I have to give my apologies for replying so much later than I first would have liked, but I'm going to go back to the second event now in order to play a little bit of catch-up . . .

I really liked this look into Caleb's mind at this point in the Clone Wars. He's really stuck at a place between too young and too old and too experienced in some ways but still learning so much about life in other ways. This really placed him to be a perfect foil for Hera, who, in her own way, is going through something similar . . .

Ha! And it's a tradition that Caleb will someday continue with a padawan of his own. :p [face_mischief]

That's really it in a nut-shell, isn't it? I LOVE that Hera was able to guide him through to this answer, here:

Beautiful. Everything about this scene was absolutely beautiful. [face_love]

I also, of course, loved seeing Chopper here at the beginning, glitches and all. ;)

Aw! Just look at these two wee babes becoming friends. Just having someone to talk to here is such an important thing, and you can really feel their bond anchor itself and take root for the future. [face_love]

I will never not be a sucker for the clones acting like the overgrown children they really are. :p And, of course, Hera and Caleb were just too sweet with -

- yep, there's my heart, and it's definitely full of all the warm and happy things. This was such a poignant moment! Definitely not goodbye, but an until then. The Force isn't done with these two yet. [face_love]

I could have quoted this entire event for just how much of a punch it packed. But it was this part here, at the very end, that really hit me, and hit hard. Heartbreaking, but beautiful! =D=

Oh! They're so close, but still so far away. You could really feel so much in this event - from Caleb's fear for being found out to Hera's joy and disappointment and now that verge of something more maybe just waiting to happen now that Caleb's allowed himself to remember . . .

From here, I truly look forward to anything more you have to share in this collection! I think you're really onto something special, and the same as with all of your work, there's so much heart and soul that's just such a joy to read. I hope to see more soon as your muse permits! =D= [:D]

Raissa Baiard and Findswoman like this.