main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Being in the Light (Kyp/Sevrina) OTP 15 response.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, May 1, 2020.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    This is for: Things you Said (All-Dialogue) OTP challenge #15
    16. things you said with no space between us

Pairing: Kyp/Sevrina

------

"Kyp? What're you doing?"

"Sevrina, hey. I was helping Ciera with her Jedi philosophy essay. She thought I'd be a good one to share her ideas about Light, Dark, and Gray. She wanted to know if I believed in Gray areas of the Force and if once you became ensnared by the Dark, were you always vulnerable?"

"Phew! Those are some astute questions."

"I thought those questions would hurt a tender spot, but they didn't surprisingly. I told her there are times when our choices seem muddled and what looks like a wise choice turns out not to be but that's more a function of context; right and wrong and evil versus good or selfless doesn't change like the wind direction in an ice storm on Hoth."

"Oh, what a great insight!"

"I also told her that I don't feel any more vulnerable than anyone else. I just have to be alert as does any other Jedi in a crisis situation."

"That's true. Have I told you recently how much I admire your ability to recover from all that and to become a better person?"

"Rina, you make it easy to stay in the Light, to embrace it."

+++

2. JadeSphera

JadeSphera Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 10, 2018
    I can totally see Kyp coming to these conclusions after his nasty brush with the dark side. He certainly learnt a lot from this and you let it show flawlessly in this exchange.
    Very nice! =D= I like it! [face_love]

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Kyp and Sevrina a great couple
    And Kyp can tell about his brush with the dark side

4. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    What a lovely conversation! @};- I've enjoyed Kyp/Sevrina in your other stories with them, and it's wonderful to get another moment of their relationship. The prompt you picked works so well for the really open and vulnerable way that Kyp and Sevrina talk to each other here. There's a sense of ease to discussing even the most potentially difficult topics, and it shows the way their relationship has deepened over time. [face_love]

Also, I adore that Kyp helps the Jedi kiddos with their homework. It's just such an ordinary way of helping out and I like the idea of a Kyp who isn't too busy with the Next Big Crisis or too concerned with Jedi politics to just be part of everyday life.

It's really interesting to see Kyp's view of the Force and how the philosophical part of things works. I think he's got a really balanced perspective here, and not in an everything-is-shades-of-gray kind of way. He distinguishes between good and bad, but with the hard-earned wisdom that comes from seeing firsthand how complicated and treacherous those choices can be.

And Sevrina is a thoughtful listener, giving everything due consideration and letting Kyp know that she sees in him the courage he's had to face and overcome his past -- and not for his past mistakes.

I especially liked this for the ending! :) Finding a way to real peace was a long road for Kyp, and you can tell that he's likewise a source of joy and stability for Sevrina (though she thankfully seems to have had a less difficult start in life).

5. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks. I love that expression: a source of joy and stability. :) That is definitely what they are for each other. @};-

Kahara and Jâd Sphera like this.
  7. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    That's quite some intresting musings by Kyp, defenetly a topic he has quite a bit of knowledge/experience about considering his backstory.

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks. I think he would have a unique perspective and a basis for compassion. [face_thinking]

Jâd Sphera and Kahara like this.
  9. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh wow! I appreciate that not only is this beautifully mushy as fits the OTP challenge, but also thoughtful as it answers some tough, deeply philosophical questions! I love that Kyo is poised to answer these questions because he's had years to think about and come to grips with them. His answers don't hurt him; they're just a part of him now. He's really come so far, which is just beautiful to see! [face_love]

Aw! And that just put this piece over the top. Perfect! [face_love]

=D= [:D]

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks so much! [:D] That's one of the things I like about Kyp -- he overcomes his mistakes, doesn't wallow or repeat them. [face_thinking] He grows and having a person like Sevrina inspire the best in him as well as see the best -- it's a lovely thing.

Jâd Sphera, Kahara and Mira_Jade like this.
  11. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Like others have said, I love the way this story brings in not only some very important philosophical reflections on the nature of dark/gray/light but also Kyp's own self-reconciliation. I could totally see where talking through these issues with younglings in the course of learning could lead him to better understand where he stands himself; we learn by teaching! Add to that Sevrina's loving companionship, and yes, definitely not hard to stay in the light. [face_love] Wonderful as always and glad to see these characters in on the challenge--thank you so much for sharing! =D=

12. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Ooo! Lovely dialogue! As a philosophy teacher I love it. The concept that life give us clear cut choices is not a thing, even though ethical theorists would like us to believe that it is. Just awesome.