main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Beloved Deceiver - Luke, Anakin, Leia, Han - post ROTJ AU - updated 6/16/08

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Your medic is perfect. Just the right kind of professionalism....

Luke is great, thinking things through about needing to free his father, not only from the armor but from the shady past that haunts it. And he lied to the medic - but not! *laughs* awesome, Luke is going to get himself into trouble with all these half-truths he's been telling [face_shame_on_you].

Anakin's comment at the end is as powerful as it is poignant. *sniff* It took him that long to realize that the Emperor lied to him, that he was deliberately kept in the suite to insipre fear and loathing.

Poor Anakin :(

2. voxynking

voxynking Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    I'm loving this story. I feel really bad for anakin. Well sorta. Could I be added to the PM list if you have one.

3. izzard

izzard Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2006
    Another great post. Lurved the ending. I've always been of the opinion that the majority of Vader's suit was in place just for the Emperor's own satisfaction. If Vader was in the suit it reminded him of what happened and what he lost which would feed his anger and continue the cycle. Nice to see others thinking along the same lines. ;) Anyway, thanks for sharing.

4. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Oh, I love this! Count me in!

5. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Oooh, great chapter! But all the anger rolling off Anakin in that last bit is just a bit frightening...[face_worried]

6. April_Seven

April_Seven Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2006
    This is a great twist on the whole Anakin survives RotJ story. I'm really enjoying it. =D=

7. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    Another great start to another great story. If you have a PM list for this one, I'd love to be one it!

8. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Oh, I hope this one is not forgotten!

"He?ll never be what you?d call ?normal? you understand, but we can certainly make things better for him.? I liked this line - somehow it's always hard for me to accept the "suddenly perfectly healed Vader/Anakin who is as beautiful as he was at the age of 23...

Please more, I would like to read... *puppy eyes* [face_hypnotized]

9. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

count me in also.

10. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    hey! I thought I reviewed this! :oops:

Anyhow, I was so happy when I saw you adopt this! And of course, you didn't hold back anything! I can't wait to read the rest, and uh-oh on Vader's reaction. :( it just makes you hate Sidious even more.

Anyhoo, can't wait for more! :D

-Krystal

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    dianethx Yes he does. [face_worried]

Jturtle All in all, I think it's harder for Anakin/Vader to realize that fact.

PonyTricks You'd think so, huh? :p

RebelMom Well, I don't think Anakin is in any condition to cause much trouble. Yet.

Dahlia_Santary We can have an Emperor tossing party. :D

KELIA Our farmboy... [face_love]

Lea-El It will be interesting. :)

Jade_Max
    Luke shows a surprising ability for deception, doesn't he? ;)

voxynking Just a little bit? :D

izzard I'm there with you! [face_mischief]

EmilieDarklighter You are counted! :p

Blue_Milkshake Old habits are hard to break. [face_laugh]

April_Seven Thank you! I'm enjoying writing it. :)

Darth_Marrs Will do, and thanks!

LadyZ Not forgotten at all! I've had this post waiting and...uh...forgot.

sdhfs Welcome!

KrystalBlaze Yes, it does. [face_frustrated]

[b]Chapter 3[/b]

?Could you let me have some time alone with him?? Luke turned and asked the medic. He could feel his father?s rising anger and despair. To think he had been needlessly kept within the hideous armor for a lifetime? Luke shuddered at the thought.

?Of course,? the medic replied, though his eyes went to the bed where his patient lay clutching his constructed hands into tight fists. Glancing quickly at the machines monitoring Anakin?s vital signs, the medic whispered. ?I don?t want him to get too upset.? There was a warning in the words as well as the look he leveled at Luke with them.

?I understand,? the young man replied. ?I only want what?s best for him, but we have things to discuss?things of a most sensitive nature.? Luke assumed a somewhat sheepish expression, as if to reveal the nature of their conversation might be embarrassing for all of them.

?I am aware of your position in the galaxy,? Liekvold said quietly, ?but I am more interested in what?s best for my patient. I?m sure you understand.?

?Yes, I want the same thing. Trust me on that,? Luke answered with a slight smile. He felt the medic searching his expression and then he gave a small grunt.

?All right,? he said reluctantly. ?But I?ll be back shortly and [i]he[/i] had better be resting.? Then he gave the young man a piercing stare. ?And I think you could do with some of the same.?

?Yes, sir,? Luke said and gave a smart salute.

Liekvold?s lips twisted. ?You may be younger and stronger than me, my boy, but I assure you that I am far sneakier than I look.?

?Listen to?him, Luke,? Anakin added.

Liekvold gave each of them a nod and left them alone. Immediately, Luke went to his father?s side and picked up one of the hands lying clutched at his side. Seeing the bare metal reminded him sharply of how his own hand looked at the moment, still scorched by a blaster bolt from their fight to free Han. ?I?m sorry, Father,? he whispered, and he knew he was apologizing for so many things.

?Not your fault, Luke,? Anakin rasped, but tears filled his eyes and he tried to blink them away. ?Palpatine?betrayed me.? He gave a weary sigh. ?It is the way of the Sith.?

Hanging his head, Luke sat down and put his father?s hand to his lips, reveling in that small contact. No longer seeing mechanical constructs, Luke knew only that at last he could [i]touch[/i] his father, hear his voice, tell him of all the feelings he had been hoarding inside of him over the years.

?Your sister?? Anakin asked hesitantly.

Looking up, Luke shrugged. ?I haven?t contacted her since we landed. I wanted to know-? He stopped abruptly and bit his lip.

?If I?d live?? Anakin asked the question with a touch of amusement. ?Apparently?I?m hard to?kill.?

Laughing, Luke nodded. ?Yes, you are at that,? he replied and then he sighed, unable to meet his father?s eyes. ?I lied to them when I had you admitted.?

If his father had had eyebrows, one would have been raised in inquiry. ?You did not tell them that I am ?[i]was[/i] - Vader?? he asked. Bittern

12. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Very interesting

13. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Father son bonding I love it.

?I know,? Anakin said. ?I?m rather expensive?to maintain, I imagine.?

?But worth every credit,? Luke said with a grin.

?That remains to be?seen,? Anakin replied.

?Not to me, it doesn?t.?

The old man has money that's good to hear.

Can't wait for more. Thanks for the PM@};-

14. Jturtle

Jturtle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    I really like the father/son bonding you have here. And it's very obvious how Anakin fells about being himself again and not Vader.

Wonder when "Mr. Lars" is going to start stirring up trouble?

=D= :D =D=

15. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Father son bonding. I loved how Luke was concerned about how to pay for all the medical things and keeping his own injuries at bay. He needs to get those taken care of, as well.

I just hope no one notices that Luke is taking money out of a place that Vader used to use.

Great job.

16. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    Must be nice to discover your dad's rich! I really love this story. Can't wait for more.

17. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I love the father/son bonding.

18. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Cool "forgotten" post :D !

Password: Angel - nice idea, of course that's the password he would have chosen...

19. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Argh! I'm having trouble keeping up! Great Father/Son moments there. I really like how you write Luke with his dad, just lovely.

Well done! =D=

20. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Wow, what an interesting story for this idea! I love seeing how Luke has coped so far. And he's even done it without lying directly..."from a certain point of view" comes in useful. :p Wonder what Leia and Han will feel once they find out what Luke did and who "Anakin Lars" is, hopefully Luke will be the one to tell and explain.

Can't wait to see what happens. Please add me to your pm list, thanks! :D

21. April_Seven

April_Seven Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2006
    Awww... I love all the Luke/Anakin interaction. It' so sweet! You're doing such a great job with redeemed Anakin. Could you put me on your PM list?

22. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    I hope Anakin has a BIG bank account. Not only will his medical bills be huge, but he's going to have to come up with a way to survive with his new life and identity. (and he may have to pay lots of bribes along the way, too)

23. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

add me in for the pm please.

24. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    awesomeness! Vader hoarding credits - betcha it's the imperial "secret" funds *snicker*

I adore how father and son are bonding and how Anakin "Lars" is so conscious of what Luke's needs are. I'm interested to see what the medic is going to say when he examines Luke... and if they'll link them as Father and Son... [face_thinking] So many possibilities!

25. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awww....I'm just loving Luke. Here he is injured, supposed to be getting some much needed sleep and he worries about Anakin.

[face_love][face_love][face_love][face_love]

At least Anakin was able to elevate that worry.

And I love they way their bond is developing.

Glad to see Dr. Liekvold firmlyinform Luke he will be looked at whether he wants it or not. :p. That's exactly what Luke needs.

Wonderful update

=D==D==D==D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.