main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Beloved Deceiver - Luke, Anakin, Leia, Han - post ROTJ AU - updated 6/16/08

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tasujad

tasujad Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    hope this is long story [face_praying], because there are some certain persons i'd like to see in it (couple of redheads [face_batting]=P~8-} for instance)
    and Han's reaction is bound to be priceless [face_laugh][face_laugh] (carbonation jokes here you may come[face_laugh] )

anyway if there is any sort of update list - would like to be in there, but if there /*HAN/ ain't one /HAN*/ just have to make mark on my day's schedule

2. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I'm so bumping this because I wanna see another chapter - shamlessly begging here [face_praying]

3. Feng_Huang

Feng_Huang Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    ?Not to me, it doesn?t.? Very Luke-ish thing to say.
    Interesting AU. Hope you update soon.

4. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    I just found this. Interesting concept, I'm hooked. Can't wait to see how much money Anakin Lars has. Love the Angel password too. If you are sending out PM's for updates can you add me to your list? Thank you.

5. MissIreland1970

MissIreland1970 Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2006
    Very interesting story line. I like it alot. Could you please PM me with updates.

Many thanks!

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    SilSolo I hope you liked it! :)

Lea-El Being Vader paid well. :p I'm taking that from canon and I feel pretty confident that Darth Vader would have been quite clever at hiding his credits. :D

Jturtle He's going to be quite well behaved...in this post. :p

dianethx I'm leaving that to Vader's cleverness AND the chaos that will naturally result from the death of the Emperor.

Darth_Marrs Yeah, it's usually a good thing!

RebelMom Me too, because that's one of the things I really wish we could have seen in canon.

LadyZ He's still sentimental...well sort of. :D

Jade_Pilot Thanks! [:D]

Jedi_Tigris I can't take credit for the plot bunny, that was the brain child of Kelia. [:D] I just hope to do it justice. I will add you and thanks!

April_Seven Thank you. [face_blush] And I'd be happy to add you.

PonyTricks The EU gives the impression that Anakin's funds would be very substantial, so even taking into account that he would not be able to access all of them without setting off alarms, I think he'll be okay.

sdhfs Thanks and will do! :)

Jade_Max Yes, many possibilities... [face_whistling] Your wish is my command!

KELIA Yes it is! :D

tasujad It WANTS to be a long story, but I'll see how it goes. :p

Feng_Huang Yes, very Luke! ;)

starwarsfan68 I will and thanks for reading! [:D]

MissIreland1970 Thank you for reading. I'll be happy to PM you! :D

[b]Chapter 4[/b]

Liekvold came back into the room a few minutes later and gave Luke a sharp look. ?You don?t look so good, young man,? he said bluntly. His brows were drawn together in a frown and the edges of his mouth were turned down.

Luke gave him a wan smile. ?That?s not surprising, since I don?t feel so great either,? he replied. ?But your bedside manner could use a bit of work.?

Giving a grunt that could have meant almost anything, the medic firmly pushed Luke into a chair and began examining him. ?So?this power surge that affected your friend here,? Liekvold murmured as he continued with his examination. ?Did you by chance come in contact with it as well??

A surge of regret came from his father, and Luke felt it strongly through the force, but he merely smiled and shrugged. ?You might say that, sir.? His head throbbed sickly and he felt himself forcing down a rippling of nausea.

Frowning, Liekvold asked softly, ?Any double vision?? He peered carefully into Luke?s eyes with a small light and did not seem reassured by what he saw.

Luke hesitated and happened to glance at his father, who gave him a severe look that clearly said, [i]Well?[/i] ?Uh?yeah?but just for a minute,? he answered, trying to reassure his father through the Force while paying attention to what the medic was saying. It was becoming increasingly difficult to split his attention and his headache grew stronger.

?I need to do a better exam on you,? Liekvold said, crossing his arms over his chest. Luke almost smiled when he saw Anakin adopt an almost identical posture.

?I really don?t think-? Luke began.

?Listen to the man, Luke,? Anakin interrupted. ?Go on?get yourself attended to.?

Sighing, Luke got to his feet and experienced a moment of dizziness. ?All right, but I?ll be right back.?

?My [i]other[/i] patient will be resting,? Liekvold said firmly. ?So there?s no reason to hurry back.?

Recognizing that he had been outmaneuvered, Luke nodded his assent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A while later, Liekvold looked over the test results and then met Luke?s eyes. ?It?s just as I thought,? he said. ?There seems to be an abrupt, massive calcification of your skeletal structure.?

?Why?? Luke asked, curiously.

?The energy field you were exposed to with your friend, it caused a sudden drop in blood minerals and that has led to microseizures of muscles all over your body.?

[i]Well, that certainly explained the aches,[/i] Luke though

7. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006

[face_worried] [face_laugh] I love that line. What a great chapter--this is already one of my favs on the board. I look forward to the next post!

8. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    I agree Anakin asking about Solo. That's funny! Beware the jealous father?!

9. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Anakin has a lot of nerve asking that Luke that last question!!! :mad:

Perhaps, with all the time on their hands, Luke needs to fill his father in on what type of a person Han Solo really is, instead of just the 'cynical mercenary' act he likes to put on for show! (not to mention how many times Han risked his life to save both Luke and Leia) ;)

Glad to see this was updated! [face_dancing]

10. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Yipeeeee! An update! I just love this fic. Love the son/father banter throughout and I definitely like this better than canon!

HeeHeeHee moment: "Anakin turned to him. ?So?what do you think of this Solo?? "

Well done! =D=

11. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Great job. I wasn't sure if you'd do the calcification thing but I'm glad you did. Now the two of them are confined to the same room and can get to know each other. It should be an interesting conversation.

Looking forward to more.

12. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    ?I?I need to help a friend and I need to get better. I?d just feel too selfish pulling you away from everything right now.?

Good save, Luke.

I too enjoyed the ending! I think it's natural for Anakin to want to learn more about the members of his family...[face_batting]

13. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    So what do you think of Solo? So Daddy is starting to worry about his little girl.

If she can handle Darth Daddy she'll be Okay with Solo.[face_laugh]

I love Luke and Anakin worrying about each other.

Good post
    =D==D==D==D=

14. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Ouch, I missed a few...

Anakin turned to him. ?So?what do you think of this Solo??

Isn't it a little late to ask that question, Anakin? :rolleyes:

15. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

great post

16. Jturtle

Jturtle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    Sounds like an interesting father/son disscussion might come next.

I love what's happening here. Great job.

=D=

17. palpyisgod2

palpyisgod2 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2005
    ahhh...mushy mushness. *giggles*

seriously though, I like the idea of Anakin;s medical treatment. would be funny if the Doc finds out sooner rather than later

18. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I just read the whole thing... and I love it. =D=

May I have a PM when you update? [face_batting]

FL @};-

19. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    It ain't going to take the Doc long to make the connection. He's a pretty smart guy.

Loved the sibling conversation. The father/son stuff is good too. The whole story is good. :D

20. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    How nice to see Liekvold and Anakin gang up on Luke - he's so stubborn!!

Loved Liekvold's suggestion to have Luke put in Anakin's room. Perhaps being together will enable both men to get some much needed rest.

And somehow I don't think Luke will be able to keep Leia at bay much longer...[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried].

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

21. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Cool update! Now they still have some time for angsty father-son chat and memories :D

Well, sooner or later Leia and Han will arrive - by then Luke'd better convinced his father that Han is the good type of smuggler :)

22. Lilith_Skywalker

Lilith_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2007
    I liek so far. =D=
    Please tell me this is going to be long cause too many people do an AU fic like this and end it just when it's getting juicy.
    Let me know when you update. Can't wait for the next round.

23. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Darth_Marrs I'm glad you liked it! [face_mischief]

starwarsfan68 Fathers are fathers, former Sith Lords or not. :p

PonyTricks I'm quite sure that Luke will let Anakin know about the real Han Solo. o_O

Jade_Pilot Thank you. [face_blush]

dianethx It seemed important to include it. There were consequences from the lightning and that couldn't change. Besides, it was a great way to give the guys some father/son time. [face_laugh]

Blue_Milkshake Of course he's curious! :D

Lea-El Yeah, I think Anakin should be more worried about Leia. ;)

Golden_Jedi When it comes to your children, it's NEVER too late! :D

sdhfs Thanks!

Jturtle Well you know I'm not going to pass up the opportunity for father/son talks! [face_batting]

palpyisgod2 Our good doctor is no dummy, but that doesn't mean he would run a DNA check. [face_whistling]

Flowerlady Thank you and sure! ;)

RebelMom Thank you so much! [face_blush]

KELIA Rest? Oh yeah, they're supposed to be resting. [face_laugh]

LadyZ EXACTLY! :D

Lilith_Skywalker Not sure how long it will be. [face_thinking] I write until the muse tells me it is time to end the story. And I still haven't decided if this is what comes before another story I did with a redeemed Anakin and Luke and family. :p Decisions, decisions...

[b]Chapter 5[/b]

They were supposed to be sleeping, but like naughty boys they were awake and talking in whispers, sharing confidences that they had never had the opportunity to share. Luke had never dreamed that he would have this time with his father, the chance to get to know him and he meant to take full advantage of it.

The room was dark, but the lights from some of the medical equipment put tiny spots of illumination on the ceiling. ?They look like stars,? Luke murmured. He did not need the light to judge Anakin?s mood, their bond was growing swiftly and his father?s joy glowed brightly in the Force.

?When I was a boy,? Anakin said softly, ?I wanted to be the first one to see them all ? every single star.?

?I told Aunt Beru the same thing,? Luke admitted with a laugh. ?She told me I had better hope I lived a long time.? Then he said more quietly, ?But she never told me that I couldn?t see them.?

There was a pause and then his father asked softly, ?Were they kind to you? Did they love you??

?They loved me,? Luke answered. ?They didn?t always understand me, but they loved me very much. I never doubted that, even when I was angry at being stuck on Tatooine. They only wanted what they thought was best for me.?

?I wish?? Anakin sighed in the darkness. ?There are so many things I wish, Luke.?

?Aunt Beru wanted to tell me about you, I think,? Luke continued, trying to push past his father?s regrets. There was no more need for apologies between them as far as he could see. ?Uncle Owen was more wary, but looking back now I can see his fear came from the love he had for me.? Luke turned carefully to stare at his father?s shadowed form. Even in the darkness, Anakin Skywalker looked like an old, frail man. ?I think sometimes she wanted to tell me about you, tell me about the person you had been before?? His words trailed off in embarrassment.

?I?m glad they loved you,? Anakin said, deftly changing the subject for both their sakes. ?I met them, you know, before your mother and I were married.?

Luke?s eyes widened at this first mention of his mother. Sensing Luke?s curiosity, Anakin answered softly, ?Leia looks like your mother, so much so that I can only marvel that I didn?t guess before.?

?You must have loved her very much,? Luke whispered.

?I did,? his father answered. ?Too much, I think, for sanity or reason.? His voice held a faintly bitter note of self-recrimination. ?Too much?? He sighed deeply and then coughed, his lungs still not working properly. ?It was my fault, Luke, every bit of it. I don?t deny that.?

?Someday?will you

24. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    First Post! This is the conversation I've always dreamed of these two having! Just wonderful. I loved the playful banter and the wistfull recollections. I have always imagined Luke having a lot of Padme's qualities.

Favorite moment: "Or maybe she saved herself and took us along in the process. She was never one to sit back and wait to be rescued.?

I love that line and so true of Padme!

Great update! =D=

25. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Aww! Such a sweet conversation between father and son. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.