main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Beloved Deceiver - Luke, Anakin, Leia, Han - post ROTJ AU - updated 6/16/08

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    I love this post and Luke hearing about his mother and young father. Once again you have me in tears.:p

=D==D==D==D==D=

2. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    ?No, we saved her, Obi-Wan and I,? Anakin said. ?Or maybe she saved herself and took us along in the process. She was never one to sit back and wait to be rescued.?

?I know someone else like that,? Luke observed with a laugh.

Delicious! :) =D=

(But they didn't talk about Han after all... [face_whistling] )

3. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Oh, that was the scene I think every fan of SW has dreamed about!!!! =D=

I loved every moment of it. And couldn't pick out a favorite line if I had to.

I can't wait for more.. [:D]

FL @};-

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awww...I loved Anakin's memories of Padme

[face_love][face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

What a beautiful way for Luke to learn about his mother.

?I don?t suppose you could have arranged to give me your height along with the Force, could you??

[face_laugh][face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Now Luke, some of us happen to think you are perfect the way you are =P~ =P~

Great update

=D= =D==D= =D=

5. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    Yep, still my favorite story on the boards. You've captured the penitant war criminal perfectly in Anakin's dialogue. Very nicely done.

6. Jturtle

Jturtle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    ?Just in time, Father.?

Wonderful. Definently my favorite line in the post.

Great job with the father/son conversation. Can't wait to see Leia's reaction to all of this.

7. DunedinJedi

DunedinJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 22, 2007
    pleeeeaaase cconmtinue this story. (and dont foget about the other one ;P=

8. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I loved the comparison of traits. Luke is indeed a lot like his mother, compassionate and hopeful and strong.

I loved how you described Padme. And I had to laugh about the height thing.

Great job. Looking forward to more.

9. Anakin_Panda

Anakin_Panda Jedi Master

Nov 23, 2006
    Fantastic. The way Luke and Ani talked was just....wow. So cute and sweet. And I could picture their faces in my mind perfectly. I can't wait to read more.

10. darth_treyvah

darth_treyvah Jedi Master star 3

Dec 26, 2005
    I can so see and hear Mark Hamill and Sebastian Shaw in this scene. Awesome stuff. :D

11. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    *hops around excitedly*

I come back in to find not one, but two posts! Yipiee!

The Father/Son bonding is just so sweet. I love how Anakin's concerened about Luke, and then Luke's being forced to rest. It's got to be awkward having to call your father by his first name ;)

Anakin turned to him. ?So?what do you think of this Solo??

That was an LOL! moment [face_laugh] I was looking forward to Luke's responce *grin* But alas, you never wrote it ;)

Anakin talking about Padmé was heartbreaking - but I love how you're portraying Luke. He's very understanding and forgiving, so completely accepting that Anakin's his father and curious to know. It was sweet how he spoke of Owen and Beru, and then Anakin taking a turn to tell a tale or two. The teasing at the end was priceless - the height jokes were hilarious lol!

So adorable!

I can't wait until Leia shows up - since it looks likes she's already suspicious of Luke's absence. I love Han and her teasing each other; I can just see her racing in to ensure the family she has is well. I'm curious to see if Mara show up too - and what reaction Vader will have to her.

12. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    Awesome story! I'm so glad I found it!

13. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Angst and funny things - the greatest mix! :D So cool that they have now time on their hand to have a totally peacefull discussion- usually in fanfics even where there is a good father-son chat they are preparing some big battle or fighting some other impending doom... now everything is calm, the war is won... they have time...

Favorite lines:

Perhaps Anakin felt that only Leia could give him permission to do so. Good characterization - no surprise though :D

?Yes, laugh my boy,? Anakin said with a grin. ?But I?ll have you know that I was reckoned to be quite handsome in my day?and in my prime.? TELL HIM YOU WERE THE POSTERBOY!!! :D :D :D

?I would have done my best if I had known it would bother you,? You don't want to know what I pictured in my mind when I read it... [face_blush] [face_laugh] [face_blush] [face_laugh]

14. LordPullus

LordPullus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Love this story I'm a big fan of this kinds of stories of Anakin's redemption, and am glad to see a story as well done as this one. If you could I would like to receive a pm when u next update this story.

15. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    ahhh caught up and not loosing this again now ;)

Luke is SOOOOoooooo going to be in for it when Leia finds out. ..

but it's good to see them bonding . . .

16. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    Nice father-son exchange. I always believed that Luke and Leia needed to know their mother's name. Luke knowing it now...? Will Leia be able to find her? I always believed that she could find something of her in the senate history. But that's just my theory. Great story can't wait for more!!

17. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    ?No, we saved her, Obi-Wan and I,? Anakin said. ?Or maybe she saved herself and took us along in the process. She was never one to sit back and wait to be rescued.?
    ?I know someone else like that,? Luke observed with a laugh.

You gotta love a woman who knows how to get things accomplished!

It was obvious that his father hesitated to call Leia his daughter. Perhaps Anakin felt that only Leia could give him permission to do so.

Good point there.

?Too late,? Anakin muttered anxiously. ?Always too late.? His father?s mood was careening between playful and grave, with Luke struggling to catch up.
    ?Not too late,? Luke corrected. ?Just in time, Father.?

And you gotta love an optimist too!

18. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

great post, love this story.

19. DarthVaderette

DarthVaderette Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2004
    I just found this and like the idea of it, I don't go into beyond the saga too much, but I'm glad I found another one of your stories.

Can you PM me with updates on this one too?

Thanks! :D

20. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I remember reading the first post of this, then kinda forgot about it, and now have found it again. So can I be added to the PM list, pretty please?

Nice father/son reunion moments. I'm waiting for Luke to slip and call Anakin 'father' in front of the doctor. Though I think the doctor already realizes there's more to their relationship.

21. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Jade_Pilot Thank you! It was a lot of fun imagining what these two might have to say to each other. :p

PonyTricks Thank you! :D

Lea-El Aw, you say the sweetest things. ;)

Golden_Jedi The conversation about Han WILL happen, just not yet. [face_whistling]

Flowerlady Thank you! That's the great thing about fan fic, we can create those scenes we've always wanted.

KELIA Yes he is! [face_batting]

Darth_Marrs It's a hard thing to balance, but don't tell anyone. [face_shhh]

Jturtle Leia... Her reaction might be a bit different. [face_worried]

DunedinJedi See? I didn't forget. [face_mischief]

dianethx Thank you! And Leia is a lot like her father. YIKES! :oops:

Anakin_Panda Thanks! :D

darth_treyvah That's the best compliment a writer could get. :p

Jade_Max I think Anakin and Luke just had some catching up to do. They'll get around to Han.

kristeh Me too! :D

LadyZ "Luke, your dad was HAWT!" [face_laugh] And [face_shame_on_you] naughty you! :D

LordPullus Thank you, and I'd be happy to!

maramijade Oh yeah, Luke's in trouble. [face_mischief]

starwarsfan68 I'll bet she could!

Blue_Milkshake Luke, the eternal optimist. :p

sdhfs Thanks!

DarthVaderette I will, and thanks for venturing over here!

Jedi-2B Liekvold is no fool! And I'll add you. Thanks for reading!

[b]Chapter 6[/b]

It was his father?s voice that woke him. ?I?m sorry!? Anakin cried out. ?I should have known?? The words were a low, keening wail, almost inhuman. ?You would never? Forgive me, Padmé.? Utter loss was in the voice, and Luke knew that his father dreamed of his mother.

Slowly, painfully, Luke moved out of the bed. He walked stiffly toward his father, his gait still awkward and shuffling. When he reached his father?s side, Luke cradled Anakin?s face in his hands. His father?s face was pale and bathed in sweat.

Anakin?s shields were almost non-existent, a mere reflexive shadow. Easily, Luke slipped past them and connected to his father in the Force. He poured soothing energy directly in his father?s chaotic thoughts. The bond sang to life, the Force racing back and forth between them.

Flashes of visual memory assaulted Luke and he felt his knees tremble. Then he [i]felt[/i] what his father felt.

Stars the heat!

The heat was intolerable, the hottest Tatooine noon magnified a hundred times - a thousand. It flowed over him, filling his senses with its cloying, blazing presence. Luke struggled to draw breath and felt the air sear his lungs.

He blinked. In the midst of the flames, he saw a woman?s face, unfamiliar to him and yet somehow it called to him, goading a memory that he should not have. Her brown eyes were troubled as she gazed back at him.

?You?re going to a place I cannot go,? she said mournfully. Her sorrow reached out and gripped Luke?s heart. One slim hand reached out toward him, asking him for something it was not his to give. Then her eyes went wide with terror.

As Luke watched, she clutched desperately at her throat, her fingers clawing for purchase. ?Ana-? The word was cut off along with her breath. With one last beseeching glance, she fell behind the veil of flames and out of sight.

?Mother,? Luke whispered in unison with his father?s own anguished cry.

?Padmé!?

A flash of blue ? twin beams of killing energy. The familiar hum of a lightsaber filled Luke?s head.

Then the flames blazed higher and Luke felt them licking at his flesh with tentative but hungry tongues of unbearable heat. The fire seemed to test him, to taste, trying to decide if he was worthy of being consumed.

The pain blazed through him ? through [i]them[/i] ? and devoured him. From a distance, he became aware of the scream of rage and utter agony; it reverberated through his head. It seemed to come from his own throat and that of his father at the same time.

Luke fell to the flo

22. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Luke repressed a groan as the medic left the room. Sometimes, he worried that Liekvold was too smart and stubborn for his peace of mind.

Hmmm... Maybe Leia's right, then. :)

23. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Hmmmmm....I'm torn because I think Luke needs Leia, but it's too soon for her to meet her father. Father and son still need some time alone before they add another variable to the equation. Great update! I hope Luke can help Anakin come to terms with his guilt.

Great scene with Han and Leia, too. You have great talent for writing "Han." (Of course I love your Diary challenge, too.)

Bravo! =D=

24. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Yeah, the medic is definitely on the prowl. He knows something is up. Leia does as well. Luke is going to have difficulty keeping it a secret much longer.

25. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    That was a great chapter...=D=

The dream was heartwrenching...But I think it will be the first of many. Anakin probably supressed a lot of his grief and pain under becoming a Sith. Now that he's turned back to the Light, he will remember and it won't be easy. He will need Luke and eventually Leia more than ever.

I think Leia is realizing this through her bond with Luke. Yeah, he is way over his head.

And I think the good doctor is going to figure it out before too long, he may not get it all right, but he's one smart cookie... And when he does I wonder what he'll do...

I love this story...I can't wait for more...

FL @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.