main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Beloved Deceiver - Luke, Anakin, Leia, Han - post ROTJ AU - updated 6/16/08

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I started reading this when you first posted, but never took the time to reply. I love it so far!

2. StarlightMichelle

StarlightMichelle Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2007
    Update again!

3. Baer

Baer Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2006
    An absolutely marvelous story!

Can`t wait for Leia and Han making a visit! =)

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Flowerlady He's no dummy! :p

morrison85 It will be interesting to see how it plays out... I hope.

dianethx There are definitely pieces missing from the puzzle. [face_thinking]

Darth_Marrs
    I've enjoyed writing the good medic. :D

Jade_Pilot I like him too! ;)

Jedi-2B Liekvold may have his own explanation. [face_whistling]

Lea-El Darn it! I won't make you cry with this post either! [face_devil]

LadyZ It's that farmboy face of his! =P~

Jturtle Hope you like the upcoming chapter! :)

tasujad Yes he is!

KELIA I think he will. Let's see. ;)

AnorexiaStreetwalker Thanks for reading!

Jade_MaxThank you! [:D]

starwarsfan68 Well, let's see shall we? [face_batting]

Jedi_Liz Thanks! :D

StarlightMichelle Your wish is my command. :)

Baer Not quite yet. [face_mischief]

[b]Chapter 8[/b]

Leia sighed and rolled over in the bed. Han was snoring lightly and she gave him a shove. There was a momentary pause in the symphony and then he started right back up. Her eyes rolling, Leia sighed and gave into her restlessness.

It was all well and good for Han to decide that Luke could take care of himself, but Leia was worried. Yes, her brother had [i]said[/i] he was fine, and there had been nothing to indicate distress in his words or expression. But [i]something[/i] was nagging at her. Until Luke had revealed their relationship, and the identity of their father, she might have attributed it her instincts, which had always been uncannily accurate.

Now she suspected that the uneasiness she was feeling was not just her intuition ringing out an alarm, but the Force. Luke had assured her that she had the same gifts he did. So many things that had happened during her childhood had suddenly taken on a whole new meaning.

She found herself revisiting and analyzing every conversation that she and her [i]true[/i] father had had. Obviously, he had known the identity of the man who had fathered her. But who had their mother been? Had it been gentle Breha, who died before Leia could really get to know her? Had Bail Organa taken them both into his home and his life?

As much as she wanted that to be the answer, it didn?t [i]feel[/i] right. For one thing, she could not imagine Darth Vader having let her go and everyone in the galaxy had known exactly where Breha had been as Prince Organa?s wife.

Leia shot a glance at Han, who was sprawled out on his back and snoring louder. ?Big gundark,? she whispered with affection.

As quietly as she could, she slipped out of the cabin and into the galley. A cup of caf might help her organize her thoughts.

As it brewed, she returned to her ruminations. ?So?? she said to herself. ?Exactly who is our mother and what happened to her? That?s the question of the day, I think.?

The answer seemed to be clear, their mother was probably dead. Had she died on the run from Vader? Had he even known she carried his children? She and Luke had been born on the same day as the Empire, a fact that had always caused her some chagrin. Now that date seemed to be a very important clue, but exactly what it meant, she did not know.

A sound from the doorway made her turn. ?Hi, Chewie,? she said quietly as she grabbed a mug and poured some caf. Strong and black, no sweetener. That just might do the trick, she thought.

/Can?t sleep?/ the Wookiee asked with a chuff.

?Not really,? she answered.

/He snores,/ Chewie noted with amusement.

?Tell me about it,? Leia muttered.

Chewie sat down at the table and motioned for her to do the same. /So what?s bothering you?/

?Stuff,? she answered, taking another sip. ?Family stuff.?

/Family stuff is always big stuff,/ Chewie answered with a nod of his great head.

?And my family stuff seems more complicated than most,? Leia said mournfully.

/Why?/ Chewie seemed genuinely puzzled. /You?ve got a brother who loved you before he even knew he wa

5. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    Great Update Vadey :D
    I always like to see Chewbacca speaking :p , and So Lievold doesnt know yet that anakin was Vader.. Very interesting.

6. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I loved Chewie being so supportive. Of course, he is hiding a few things himself. He certainly must have heard of Skywalker before. Han was very funny, especially the snoring part.

Loved that the doctor figured it out all wrong. Luke should not worry so much. The doctor could pick up on that and wonder why.

Great job.

7. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I loved it...=D=

I can't wait for more.

[:D]

FL @};-

8. Jturtle

Jturtle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    The two men shared a smile. Luke was uneasy but hopeful. Liekvold obviously thought his father had been a prisoner of the Empire and had sympathy for him. But what if he knew the truth? What if he knew that the man he had been treating so diligently was, in fact, Darth Vader?

I bet he finds out eventually.

Great job!

9. tasujad

tasujad Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    The two men shared a smile. Luke was uneasy but hopeful. Liekvold obviously thought his father had been a prisoner of the Empire and had sympathy for him. But what if he knew the truth? What if he knew that the man he had been treating so diligently was, in fact, Darth Vader?

we'll know in few chapters when Leia arrives?

boy it's gonna be some fireworks [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_dancing]

10. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Liekvold is my new hero! What a relief to know he is willing to keep Anakin's identity a secret, though Luke did have a point about what his reaction would be if he knew he was treating the former Darth Vader.

Loved the chat between Chewie and Leia. Who knew wookies were so wise?

Great update

=D==D==D==D=

11. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Wonderful Chewie! :) But Luke has a big ethic dilemma in his hands now, right?

12. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006

What delicious irony. Luke is falling into the same web of self-deception and white lies that he condemned Obi-Wan for. Great post!

13. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Poor Leia, to be so concerned about Chewie not liking her when he finds out. She should have known better, because I think Chewie considered Luke and Leia his Honor Family almost as much as Han. :)

14. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    Another great chapter. Leia should have known Chewie wouldn't be mad at her. As for Luke I am still not so sure about that Doc. Actually it's his father I worry about.

15. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Fabulous update!

Can I just say that I love Chewie? [:D] You did a great job on his conversation with Leia.

It's good that Luke has an ally in Dr. Liekvold. Secrets can eat a person up inside. At least Luke's secret is a bit smaller now. He just needs to figure out how to break the news to his sister and Han next. [face_worried]

Can't wait for the next installment!

16. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Yay! An update! Great way to start my Wednesday. :)

I really like the medic. You have a great talent for writing OCs, girl!

Well done! =D=

17. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    The doctor's theory on Anakin sounds like a perfect cover story for where he's been the past 20+ years. And as Luke thinks, it is true, from a certain point of view.

Good ol' Chewie. Couldn't have a better friend.

Great update!

18. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    go Chewie! I like how he reasoned with Leia and then Han dropped by to tell her that her parentage means nothing. Just awesome! Chewie's a great character and you write him - and everyone else - so well!

Besides, the medic was right ? from a certain point of view.

My thoughts exactly. It's good to see that Luke didn't lose all his lessons taught by one Ben Kenobi ;)

19. Feng_Huang

Feng_Huang Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    Besides, the medic was right ? from a certain point of view
    The dreaded Kenobi legacy. Those ethical debates are fun to read, but must be nervewrecking to live with, I don't envy Luke.

20. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Ah! Yes many a night I wished I could access the Force and get a hold of the little flap that causes snoring and pinch it. That'd wake him up! :p

Loved the med thinking Anakin was a torture victim, which he was.

21. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    *delurking for a min*

I am loving this story!

22. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    :D Dear good doctor... A big shock is coming... :D [face_devil] [face_devil] Poor Luke! :D [face_devil]

Great post!

23. Chewie-Fan

Chewie-Fan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2005
    Excellent story... lots of possibilities.

My big question: Will Han and Anakin get along?

If you have a pm list, add me please?

24. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    I have this odd feeling that yes, the good dr. Does have an idea about who Anakin really is. . .

25. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    .. The old "from a certain point of view" argument again. Hmmm...

I absolutely loved Chewie in this section. Of course he's wise, he has many years (centuries, even?) on everyone else, and he learns from those years! Not everyone does... As for Leia, something sure is bothering her, not just Han's snoring! And Han is absolutely not weak-minded.

Well done! If you have a PM list, please let me know when this updates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.