main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Beloved Monster (Story previously begun on Tears of An Angel)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by BelleBayard, Aug 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BelleBayard

BelleBayard TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Mar 16, 2000
  2. BelleBayard

Mar 16, 2000
    Another up in the hopes that someone will find it again. Sorry to take so long.

3. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    I've found it Belle!

This post has the most perfect characterization of Amidala! Really great! She is brave, but so sad- Leia had not much time to be with her but she managed to know her mother- ROTJ and Endor came to my mind.

And you managed to show us another tragedy: Sabé and Obi Wan...

:(

4. BelleBayard

Mar 16, 2000
    Leia's comments on Endor in ROTJ definitely had an influence on this scene. How she remembered her mother being beautiful but sad. As young as she was all she knew was her mother died. Now how I'm going to continue this... Well, we'll see. And I'll try not to take so long to post again. :)

5. Cindé of Naboo

Cindé of Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2000
    :( This is so hard! Sad, sad, sad...is there any hope at all? Well, I know there is, but not for a long, long time. :(

6. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    *sniff* That was so sad. What a sacrifice she made. You worked Leia's memories in there so well. I hope she gets away, but I doubt we get a happy ending. *sniffle*

7. BelleBayard

Mar 16, 2000
    Palpatine manages to orchestrate Amidala's demise and pushes Vader deeper into the Dark Side. The Galaxy will regret gentle Padmé's loss of influence over the Dark Lord of Sith.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"She has left Alderaan?" Sidious asked of his spy.

"Yes, Lord Sidious," the bounty hunter replied. "Do you wish me to follow her?"

"That would perhaps be best," the Sith Master told him. "And Fett... Make certain it appears an accident. You understand the importance of this?"

"I don't usually kill women, but you've paid me well. Any place in particular you want it done?"

Sidious contemplated the man in the dented Mandalorian armor, a reminder of yet another victory against the Jedi. He must consider this carefully, for Vader must never suspect his hand in Amidala's death or all too soon he might issue the challenge.

"Let me see... Perhaps it would be best if it were somewhere well populated. After all, the proper authorities should find her ship with those onboard dead on impact. I'll leave it to your discretion." He leaned forward, his smile a hideous parody of the former Naboo senator's kindly one. "Once I hear of it, I'll make certain the funds I've promised you are credited to your account here on Coruscant. From an anonymous source, of course."

Fett's helmeted head dipped in understanding. The bounty hunter departed without another word and Sidious knew if anyone could expect success, Boba Fett would be the one to do his bidding... for the right price. If it brought Vader further into the Dark Side, the Empire could well afford the expense.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Slave I made it in record time to the last recorded stop of Amidala's shuttle. He'd made certain they would be stranded there until he could return. It had cost a bit, but considering the fee he would collect at the end of this business, he felt it well worth it. As he approached the planet, he searched for somewhere he could land and not bring attention to himself. A spot just outside the spaceport provided the perfect place.

The out of the way sector of the city he found her and the shuttle pilot in surprised him somewhat. He knew who she was... what she had been... and the seedy cantina just didn't fit. Despite his better judgment, he considered altering the deal he'd made with Palpatine. Not a wise thing, he knew, but something about her style and class made it seem wrong to quickly destroy her. The best way would be to plant some sort of device to explode onboard. Not enough to leave only rubble, but one that would make them crash-land fatally.

Fett didn't want to tarnish his reputation as the bounty hunter who never lost his prey, but he figured he could find a way to accomplish what Palpatine wanted without all the mess. At least, he'd make the Emperor believe he'd offed the woman. But first, he'd have to gain her confidence and given what she'd been through, he doubted that would prove an easy task.

He started by shedding the armor. No one had seen his face in years, so he felt safe enough, though oddly exposed, to go without the helmet. Dressed in rather shabby looking work clothes, Boba Fett became Donat Redux, junk dealer extraordinary. In this disguise, he went to the cantina and made it known he had just the parts Amidala needed. She looked at him carefully, not a trace of disgust or distaste at his appearance.

"You say you have what we need. How much do you want for it?" she asked in her incredible voice.

"Fifteen hundred credits ought to do it," he told her, gauging how she took the news that what he asked for would take all of her resources.

Her face froze for a moment, and then she regained that regal air he admired. "I cannot allocate that much without speaking with my companion. A moment please?"

"Of course."

He watched her move away to the table where her pilot sat. The man shook his head and glared across the room at him. Undoubtedly he protested the amount; at least double what the part was worth if one could find it on this godforsak

8. BelleBayard

Mar 16, 2000
    Another up to keep it alive!

9. BelleBayard

Mar 16, 2000
    Up for those who have forgotten this poor neglected thread!

10. LadyZ

Jun 16, 2000
    No- no! This thread is not forgotten!

Interesting idea: Fett saving Amidala. Even more interesting- what did Vader know about it in ESB? "No disintegration"- but by then he knew that at least his son was alive... Just thinking. Great post Belle- I like to see our dear bounty hunter back!

11. BelleBayard

Mar 16, 2000
    Thanks, Lady Z. I have to work the next couple of nights so it'll be another couple of days before I post again. Got a new job and am just waiting for the physical exam before I get started (probably at the end of the month). I'll be on days for a bit and then back on nights (my favorite shift). Hang in there, readers, I *will* continue this. :)

12. JediVegeta

JediVegeta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    I just started to read this thread, and I hope it keeps going! It is really good!!

13. Cindé of Naboo

Apr 19, 2000
    Hmm...so is Amidala going to survive? I've always thought that would be an interesting twist, though of course it's probably not really going to happen...

Odd, seeing Boba Fett save her!

14. BelleBayard

Mar 16, 2000
    All I can say is... we'll see. :) After all, Palpy's not stupid. He knows how persuasive Amidala can be. Do you think he'd put all his apples in one barrel? Hmmm? *insert evil cackle* Besides, this *is* supposed to be sad (though I hate it).

15. LadyZ

Jun 16, 2000
    Got a new job? Congrats Belle!

16. BelleBayard

Mar 16, 2000
    Yup, gonna go work for the Veteran's Administration Medical Center here in San Diego. But in the meantime (and hopefully once I start) I will continue to write fanfic and other stories. It's wonderfully relaxing and keeps my brain going after mindnumbing hours of trying to keep people alive. :)

17. BelleBayard

Mar 16, 2000
    Working tonight and have a promised continuation of the Ani/Amidala scene on the Penitent, but will do my very best to get the next part up tomorrow. More with Vader and just what does happen to Amidala. Bring out the hankies!

18. LadyZ

Jun 16, 2000
  19. LadyZ

Jun 16, 2000
    UP! ;D

20. Cindé of Naboo

Apr 19, 2000
    Hey, I'm glad this story's still going....I'd better get some tissues for these next few posts, though...

21. BelleBayard

Mar 16, 2000
    Dredging this up from the past. Got so wrapped up in work and JG's Penitent, my poor Beloved Monster fell by the wayside. Anyone interested in more? I'll keep checking...

22. Cindé of Naboo

Apr 19, 2000
    I'm definitely interested! I'm glad you've rescued it from the depths. :D

23. BelleBayard

Mar 16, 2000
    Thanks, Cinde. I'll try to get something up before the end of the weekend. :D

24. Jedi-Jae

Jedi-Jae Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2001
    I've been reading this on your site, Belle. I'd love to see more...

25. BelleBayard

Mar 16, 2000
    And now we continue....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vader's red lightsaber blade flickered in the cell's darkness, casting a crimson glow to the gory scene before him. The Master and his Padawan lay sprawled across each other, their smoking wounds black against the tan Jedi robes.

Fools! To think you could stand against me. Your kind are no match for a Sith Lord.

And yet... Unbidden memories of his own willingness to die at Obi-Wan's side intruded. Brutally, he pushed them aside, squashed them into the corner where he kept Anakin Skywalker's self. Walled away from all, especially his Master, Vader had done everything he could to eradicate that niggling conscience. When it proved impossible to do, he managed to shield it until he nearly forgot its existence.

"Take these to the square and then dispose of them once the people have viewed them, Corporal," he told the stormtrooper at his side. "Keep the cell open for others, should it be needed."

Without another word, Vader switched off his lightsaber and stalked back down the corridor toward the planetary government's meeting hall. He intended to show Motibi's people just how the Empire dealt with those who harbored criminals.

Criminals... Jedi...

How far you have fallen, my brothers and sisters.

Beneath his mask, Vader scowled at the unwelcome thought. The Jedi had never treated him as part of their 'family.' Except perhaps for a brief time when Obi-Wan had been his friend, his mentor. Until he betrayed him. Betrayed him with his own wife and took her from her rightful mate.

Amidala... Padmé...

When she had died, what little of Anakin Skywalker that remained had gone with her. That she had fled him hurt nearly as much as the physical wounds Obi-Wan had inflicted. Only his Sith Master's tasks had kept Vader sane enough to continue in this travesty of his life.

The frightened faces of the Motibi leaders gave him a strange satisfaction. Personally, he had no grudge against non-humanoids. Palpatine, on the other hand, detested them and insisted they lose any sort of power within his Empire.

"For your part in hiding the Jedi, the Emperor demands you give yourself up as prisoners of war." He waited until the import of his words sunk in. However, instead of crumpling as he had expected, one male Motibi stood forward.

"Lord Vader, we have done nothing wrong. The Emperor cannot expect us to refuse sanctuary when asked for--"

"He can and he will. Should any other Jedi come to you, you will contact the Empire immediately and detain them until the proper authority arrives."

The Motibi's face took on a stony aspect, odd in the brightly feathered features. "I cannot do that, my Lord. It goes against everything in Motibi culture."

Rage, hot and heavy, rose in Vader's heart and clouded his mind until he gathered it around him in a chill void he forced on himself. How dare these creatures attempt to stand against him and his Master?

"Then be prepared for the price you will pay," he ground out, then whirled about to head back to his shuttle.

"Get your troops out and then burn the hall," he shot out at the stormtrooper Captain.

"Yes, Lord Vader."

The Sith Lord stood at his shuttle's viewport, watching as his men herded the leaders into the square. As they stood beside the Jedi's bodies, a team of Imperial troops set fires in the large wooden structure.

Horror grew in him as he realized the fire would not remain contained to the meeting hall. Like hungry hawkbats, flames flew from one flammable structure to another until all of the city roiled with flickering orange tongues among the black smoke.

A sudden sharp spike of terror sliced into his consciousness. One that bore a dreadful famliarity.

"Am! No!" He tore out of the shuttle and raced toward the meeting hall, ignoring the the cries of his men.

Frantic, he reached into the fire, putting aside his own fear of the heat. Somewhere beneath the hall she hid from him. Unaware of his armor's smoking condition, he pulled aside the burning buildi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.