main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Beneath a Steel Sky

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Reynar_Tedros, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rally_Fan_84

Rally_Fan_84 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 14, 2009
    IC: Declan Bheka
    S.T.E.E.L. HQ

[i]*The previous 24 hours had been hazy for Declan Bheka. 25 hours ago he was aboard the R/V Peter Benchley, AVU's mobile floating lab complex, 500 miles east of the Philippines. The 60's era destroyer-turned-research ship was the largest pure research vessel in the world, with a diving well/submersible deployment bay, holding tanks that could be adjusted for any conceivable habitat, and labs and berthing for any kind of oceanic-based research or study.

The marine biologist/submersible operator had rather been enjoying the tropical weather easy and relatively shallow operations, as well as the female archeology grad students, when the home office in Bermuda had apparently re-assigned him due to a need for submersible operators to combat a problem at the latest sub-surface clean mining operation under the antarctic ice caps, a suspicious call but plausable.

Right up until the go-fast boat that had left with Bheka and a junior technician, things were normal. However, they had barely gotten out of the radar range of the Benchley when Bheka was hailed personally and was ordered to proceed to a specific longitude and latitude. At the prescribed point, the conning tower of a US Navy Seawolf-Class attack submarine had materialized, and he was informed that the State Department had need of him back in the 'States.

Bheka knew better. That junior tech was no mere junior tech, and he was not going to the State Department.

24 hours later, and with a shower, Bheka was sitting outside of the Directors office, slightly perturbed but more confused than anything. After his last mission, the debrief had indicated that things would be slow to say the least, but that hadn't even been a year ago, and he was back.

Still, coming to S.T.E.E.L headquarters wasn't all bad, especially when one factored in the lovely Elanor Alexander. A cursory greeting was only nesseccary, he would flirt with her as usual on the way out. Right now business came first, and if a $3 billion dollar submarine was sent to retrieve him, then it must have been important.

Pushing the doors open to the office, he was greeted by the familiar sight of Benjamin Alexander. The guy could have been mistaken for a walking corpse on bad days and could have been treated with the according disregard. However, that would be an extreme error in judgment. One did not become the head of S.T.E.E.L for being a good pencil pusher.

He said nothing as he sat at one of the chairs in front of the desk and scratched under the collar of his long-sleved t-shirt. One normally would wonder why he was allowed to keep his leather jacket on which hid his [link=http://millennium.fortunecity.com/firemansam/457/barak01.jpg]SP-21[/link] pistol, but then again this was no ordinary intelligence agency.*[/i]

"I have to commend you Ben, this time you really outdid yourself. Granted plucking me off of the street in Chicago last time was good, but sending me out in the middle of nowhere with one of your boys, THEN having the [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Connecticut_(SSN-22)]USS Connecticut[/link] come get me? That takes a sense of drama."

[i]*Other people who didn't know Ben would have paid for that, but not only did Ben know Bheka, but he was more than used to his brand of cavalier sarcasm
    Bheka considered putting his feet up on his desk, but decided against it. Some things were just too dangerous to try*[/i]

"So, what's the story this time? Did Gander manage to break out again and eat some fuel rods? I though the serum I barely manged to inject him with took care of his escape attempts, well either that or the subsequent fall from an unfortunate height."

[b]Tag:[/b] Benjamin Alexander (GM), ASH (Greyjedi)

2. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Valentin Vasilivich Stukov
    New York City, New York

The blonde man blinked slowly, still tired from his long flights. He stretched his arms out in the back seat of the cab, smiling and sighing deeply. Valentin liked New York; it was busy, and alive and immortal. The town had come a long way. He remembered a great deal about this city, a blissful dot on the radar that would remain untouched by his old associates. Of course, as is wont to do with time, things change.

"So uh, you from around here, friend?" Valentin blinked. Oh yes, the driver.

Valentin leaned forward, scooting towards the edge of his seat. He propped himself up on the back seats, relaxed and casual. "Not for a while," he said, his voice hinting at myriad accents, none placeable. "Not for a long while."

He glanced at the ID on the back of the seat. "So, Mr. Robert Bickle - you are a taxi driver. I remember driving for a while years back." He laughed, "And I suppose the pay is still rough, eh? Well, Mr. Bickle, taxi driver, I have many places to go today, and I won't mind if you keep the meter running. And, don't worry, I tip well."

Valentin smiled conspiratorially. "Is this agreeable to you, Mr. Robert Bickle?"

Tag: Reynar

3. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    OOC: Reynar Approved :)

Name: Ellie Brown
    Hometown: Leeds, United Kingdom ? Currently NYC
    Personality
    ---Traits/Habits: Hardworking and creative, but also quite insecure about herself. Kind of shy for her age but will open up to people in time. Is a good listener. Has a habit of fiddling with things such as pens or her sleeve when bored or nervous.
    ---Dislikes: Smokers, Coffee, Bullies, her snooty boss, and people who keep asking her if she is British/Australian etc
    Appearance
    ---Build: 5ft 3in, Normal build for her age and height
    ---Skin Color: Caucasian
    ---Hair Color/Style: Wavy Natural light blonde hair which is past her shoulders. Is usually pulled up in a ponytail and it?s a rarity to see it left down
    ---Eye Color: Teal
    ---Clothing: Usually just a pair of comfy practical jeans, Black trainers and printed t-shirts such as this. Carries a messenger style bag and wears a plain black zip up hoodie when outdoors.
    ---Other Details: Has her ears pierced and has a tattoo of sakura flowers in black and grey on the back of her left shoulder
    Abilities
    ---Powers: Molecular Manipulation - The ability to manipulate the molecular properties of physical objects such as changing density/colour/shape or structure. She can also manipulate her own molecular structure which gives her the power of Intangibility ? The ability to phase through solid objects without hindrance or harm in most cases.
    ---Weaknesses: Her current uncertainty with this power. Some materials can be difficult to pass through and she is not immune to injury if she cannot become intangible in time. Her abilities take a lot out of her if used for a prolonged length of time and there is a slight risk of becoming solid again mid phase because of this
    Occupation: Intern/Junior Designer at a New York Graphic Design company

Biography:

Ellie was a Normal British kid from a small borough within the city of Leeds. A girl who loved to draw and be creative from a young age, she pursued this passion during her free time during her compulsory school life and decided to continue through community college courses, and eventually university by taking a degree course at Leeds Metropolitan University in Graphic arts and design, where she built up an impressive portfolio. She was shell-shocked that after graduation at an exhibition of her work, she was awarded work experience at the London branch of Dreamscape graphics when she was twenty one. Now she works as an intern and junior designer at the New York site in the fashion and design sector of the city. She lives in an apartment with a housemate called Cerise, A New Yorker who works in a retro clothing boutique nearby.

She discovered her abilities by accident, during just that, an accident. At the age of 17, she had been late for college one morning; she had been running across a small residential road in the housing estate where she lived but did not see the car coming from her right. The second before it hit her, she squeezed her eyes closed preparing for the worst. But she felt no impact, just a strange feeling that overcame her body and when she opened her eyes, she was standing in the exact same spot, feeling a little woozy and disorientated but otherwise unhurt. The sudden shock of the accident had awaked the molecular level abilities within her, causing her molecular structure to change and allow her to phase through the car, ultimately saving her life.

Confused and uncertain about these newfound abilities, she cautiously explored them in secret, finding that she could not only alter her own structure, but also change the structure of other objects, including things such as colour and shape, but also density and other properties. She also learnt to control them, so that

4. Mandeillord

Mandeillord Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2006
    Santiago Mata
    Barcelona, Spain

Angry horns yelled and screamed at Santiago?s yellow Jeep Rubicon as he weaved throughout the traffic on his way to meet his good friend, Rodrigo Rodriguez. It had been at least a year since they had last climbed together, as Rodrigo had fallen from a height of five meters and broke his leg. Fortunately Santiago was able to get him to a hospital very fast so that Rodrigo healed fine. Santiago didn?t want to risk using his power on Rodrigo, even though they were such great friends.

Santiago jerked the car to the right, barely avoiding an oncoming truck as a stream of curses erupted from his mouth. Rodrigo?s new climbing spot was just coming up on the right and Santiago quickly barreled down that dirt road. There were no inhabitants within miles of this road and the barren desert seemed to extend forever with large boulders and cliffs jutting out into the horizon.

Santiago scanned the landscape to try to pick out Rodrigo from the many rock boulders. It took him two 180° scans before he saw his old friend eagerly standing next to a massive boulder. Santiago quickly drove his Jeep over to the boulder and barely stopped the car before jumping out and greeting Rodrigo.

?My old amigo, it has been so long since we have seen each other. How is your leg? Good enough to keep up with me, I hope.? Santiago said as a slight smirk came to his lips.

TAG: Reynar

5. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    In my head, Lauren Cash looks like Lauren London.[face_love]

Joe Fitch
    -New York City

"Hopped up out the bed...
    Turn my swag oonnnn
    Took a look in the mirror
    Said wassup"

He hated Soulja Boy, but this song was indeed great. Joe bobbed his head back and forth to the rhythm and searched the interweb a book titled Old Man's War. Of course, he could be working, but he had done everything he had been assigned to do already and then some. Plus, he was on desk duty and students often walked up with nothing say, picking a book and meandering through the pages like some back mountain river, then set it back down and walked away. His size scared some off, but the few that did ask him for assistance, asked him trivial things, not requiring his active attention.

One could say that Joe was running on autopilot. He arrived at 6:30 a.m, but he was not tired, just bored beyond reason. There were girls sitting at computers and would cast a glance at him, but Joe was not American-style pretty, at least he did not think so. They would look and then turn back to their computers. The ones that did catch his attention would never talk to him unless he was someone else entirely.

He decided to cast a glance around the room to see if anyone was near. He had one headphone on, so he could still hear if anyone was talking to him. There was no one and the dull, united atmosphere of the library resumed. Joe liked it here because things were systematic that way. There were no surprises that he had not-

"Hi.?

Hmm, Joe thought as he turned his head around to meet a delightful face looking back at him. Immediately, he realized that he had never seen her before, but that was not saying much. During his ?rocking sessions?, he rarely looked up to see what was going on around him, unless somebody was speaking to him, as the case was now. He had read an article about faces not registering in the human mind.

?Sorry, I?m, um... I'm looking for some books and I have no idea where to go.?

What the hell was he doing? There was a brown, smooth-skinned goddess in front of him, talking to him, and he was thinking about articles he had read? The laugh that she had ended her sentence with was cute and seemed deliberate, but he dismissed the latter. There was no way she was flirting with him. He was a Russian born white guy with ragged black hair and bad skin and she was an American, shapely, well-dressed black girl with alluring lips who could probably get any guy she wanted. He was, needless to say, out of his league.

He scratched his head. ?Hi, we should start with what you ar? looking for. What are you interested in getting?? Damn Eastern European accent. He moved the mouse to pause the music. Soulja Boy did not seem to be helping right now.

6. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: ASH

NYC, Chrysler Building

The forcast predicted the day would be windy, and so it was. Ash sat motionless, just like the metal eagle underneath him. These were more commonly known as gargoyles, but that made little difference to him. Access to the 61st floor observatory was restricted due to weather conditions and Ash took full advantage of this simple fact. This was, oddly enough, one of his prefered viewing spots in the city. Even though the Chrysler Building was not in the middle of the Manhattan, as was the more popular Empire State Building, there was a mystique about it that inexplicably, drew him to it. He could spend many hours here, watching and listening to the crowds at street level, but mostly at night. For now Ash foud himself following an Exo.

This particular one seemed to have a particular ability. That of celerity. A power that was being used for snatching purses, wallets, cellphones and other effects from unsuspecting victims. Ash was mostly curious about the Exo and vaguely registered the criminal activity being committed.

"There he is again. I'm tracking him now. How fast is he moving, Hal?"

[ According to my calculations, the Exo-Celerus traversed a distance of approximately 100 feet in an estimated 1.137 seconds. He has averaged both this speed and distance the last three times he's activated his power, though there was a detectable 0.001 slowdown this last time. Hence, the exo's top speed is maintained at 60 MPH.]

"I see. Not bad for a meatbag. I have half a mind to go down there and chase him, just see how fast he can really run."

[What if he outraces you, Ash?]

"You can't be serious. But assuming that he did outpace me, you know he could run, but never hide."

With those words uttered, Ash stood up and his cloak caught the wind and fluttered like a black flag. The whole city lay sprawled before him, sixty-one stories below.

"He's headed downtown on Lexington Avenue. This should be fun."

[Should I prepare a mission file?]

No one but Ash could hear Hal, and even though he could respond without speaking, for some reason he found himself uttering his responses aloud whenever they were not on a mission or in the presence of others.

[Hold position. You have a priority message from S.T.E.E.L. HQ.]

"Hmm.What does it say?"

[Director Benjamin Alexander is requesting your presence at your earliest convenience.]

"That right? Interesting timing."

[How should I reply?]

"Tell them I'm on my way."

Even as he finished his words, Ash leapt away from the majestic eagle-gargoyle adorning one of the corners of the building and onto the vastness of the city below.

Sometime later at S.T.E.E.L HQ.

It was evident security knew he was coming. He had descended noislessly at their doorsteps and they had almost reacted normaly. almost.

{ "That one's heartbeat quickened a bit."} Ash noted as he spoke wordlessly to Hal.

[It's a normal reaction to being surprised, Ash. However, I'd say he did well for a cadet, given his rank insignia.]

{"Hmph. There you go again."}

[Beg your pardon?]

{"Nevermind. Anything new on infrasonic or infrared scans?"}

[Nothing of particular interest. A few changes in their security camera set up. Nothing obvious. I'm mapping our passage as we go. But you can take a look for yourself if you're looking for something specific.]

{I'll review the data later. We're almost at the reception area.}

Ash walked noiselessy up to the receptionist and realized his sound dampeners were still active, seeing how the receptionist did not react to his approach. He immediately rectified the problem.

"Good day Miss Alexander. I believe the Director requested to see me."

Ash's voice always came out the same. Youthful, yet cold and calculating. There was no detectable emotion in it, and so, his interactions were always the same. Hi

7. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Titan ?Ty? Smith
    Weathers Arena; Orlando, Florida

Titan stood in the shadows just outside his locker room. His arms lay by his sides; his body chiseled and smooth. He could hear the thundering of the crowd?s feet on the concrete floors. He could smell their sweat. Titan took a deep breath, his chest rose and fell.

In just a few moments, the announcers would call Titan?s opponent into the ring. The boy, a newcomer, would come out bouncing on the balls of his feet. He would represent a whole host of boxers. He would be fast, powerful, somewhat majestic. And, he wouldn?t have a thing on Titan. His speed would count for nothing, when Titan could most faster. His strength would be useless, when Titan shrugged off every blow.

Titan had never been physically matched. And, yet, he didn?t tire of boxing. The anticipation still twisted his stomach. The lights still caused him to blush. The fans, still made him smile. It was his one apparent weakness. Titan smiled at the thought.

Weakness. Titan scoffed. He hadn?t ever been faced with the phenomenon.

Titan cracked his neck.

8. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    IC: Jonathan Wise
    Private Office, Everlasting Industries; New York, New York

Mr. Durand didn?t appear to be even slightly annoyed at Jonathan?s tardiness as he walked over with a jovial step.

"Indeed, my boy, indeed. I'm Alphonse Durand, President and CEO of Everlasting Industries... but, of course, you already knew that. I take it you'll be replacing Gregory, then?"

Jonathan was caught off-guard. He was half-expecting to be beaten with a stick for being as late as he was. His previous employers all seemed to carry a strict code of conduct with them. But this one was different. ?Y-yes sir,? he responded. ?Jonathan Wise. Nice to meet you.? And he extended his hand, damp with sweat, for his new boss to shake. Or crush.

Tag: darthramza

[b]IC: Boomer[/b]
    [i]Hustler?s Pub; San Diego, California[/i]

?Hey Boom, where?s the actor?? Victor asked the large Irishman as he took a seat in the large, dimly lit room.

?One sec, I?ll go get ?im,? Boomer said, and walked out of the room, shutting the door behind him. He walked through a room with a pool table and Coke machine that then led to a small hallway with two restrooms on his left and into the pub and behind the bar. Sammy Franklin was sitting on the other side, drinking a Heine.

?Hey, Sammy,? Boomer said. Sammy?s eyes were glued on the television. ?Sammy!? The man turned. ?Come on.?

?Oh, right.? Sammy slid off the barstool and followed Boomer down the hallway and into the ?Authorized Personnel Only? door. They were back in the room with the Coke machine and pool table, and then Boomer opened the door to Victor?s office.

?He?s in there,? Boomer said as Sammy slowly walked in. Boomer shut the door after him and headed back to the bar.

Sammy nodded his head to the mob boss seated before him. ?Mr. Gates,? he greeted, slightly nervous.

[b]Tag: Hero_Of_The_Force[/b]

[hr]

[b]IC: Jennifer King[/b]
    [i]Apartment suite; Hollywood, California[/i]

The dial tone continued for a while as Jennifer wiped away tears from her face, and she wondered if Shinji would ever pick up. And he finally did.

[i]"Hello? This is Shinji Katsurgai, if your looking for a Misato Katsurgai, my mom and dad left back for Japan yesterday. If your calling for me on the other hand, it better well be damned important!"[/i]

?Shinji,? Jennifer said with a solemn tone, and sniffed back tears. ?It?s Jennifer. Are you busy??

[b]Tag: The ManinBlack[/b]

[hr]

[b]Cliff Dawson[/b]
    [i]Boston, Massachusetts[/i]

Cliff looked in his rearview mirror, sweating bullets as he slammed the accelerator of his car to the floor. The cop was on his tail now, and he swore to himself.

He couldn?t stop. His sixteen year-old daughter had called him at the office five minutes ago and alerted him that her ex-boyfriend was outside of their house with a few of his friends. He knew that the boy was violent and would probably try to hurt the girl given the chance.

There was no time to slow down and inform the cop of the situation. He only hoped that he could outrun her, and as he approached a yellow light, sped forward with no sign of slowing down.

[b]Tag: The ManinBlack[/b]

[hr]

[b]IC: Shannon Walker[/b]
    [i]San Francisco, California[/i]

Shannon was dressed in blue jeans with a purple blouse with flowery designs and a white undershirt that covered the lower portion of her chest. The black woman looked in the mirror and applied some lipstick, finally done with putting on her make-up. She left a note for her husband telling him that she would be out with Madison for a while and would be home soon.

She got in her silver Lexus and turned on the engine, then put in her Spice Girls CD and listened to it on the drive over to Cheddar?s, her and Madison?s favorite restaurant.

When she arrived, she saw the very pregnant Madison waiting on her. She parked the car and got out and ran up to her friend, giving her the biggest hug possible without leaning on her stomach too hard.

?Hey girl!? she said, smiling wide as she brushed some hair out of her eyes. ?How are you and the little blessing??

[b]Tag: Bult

9. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    IC: Ellie Brown
    Apartment; New York City, New York

?Uuugghh?

From the kitchen of her New York apartment, Ellie Brown had just finished pouring a glass of orange juice for herself before as she heard her flatmates frustrated cries.

Ellie! Do you know where my frikkin? keys are!??

Putting the glass back down on the countertop, she glanced around the kitchen for any sign of Cerise?s runaway keys, finally spotting them lying on the worktop by the microwave. Picking them up, she made her way into the other room, spinning them on her finger and then holding them out to her stressed roomie.

?By the microwave. Where would you be without me eh? Long night??

She asked light-heartedly as she sat down on the sofa before picking up a black messenger style bag that lay at her feet, filling it with a handful of A4 size portfolios, sketchbooks and other materials she would need for work.

Ellie had been living in New York for just over two years. It was a long way away from the council estate town she was originally from, but she had settled in nicely. The blonde haired ex-pat had also managed to retain her northern English accent much to the delight of some people and the bemusement of others. The graphic design firm where she worked wasn't that far away, but she would have to leave the apartment soon too. She continued with her own preparations, hoping that Cerise wouldn?t burst a blood vessel or worse in her current panicky state.

10. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Ash

S.T.E.E.L. Headquarters; Undisclosed Location

?Is there something I can help you with, Mr. Alexander?? Ash said in his usual emotionless tone of voice.

Mr. Alexander motioned his hand to the vacant seat next to Bheka.

?Have a seat, Ash. Let me introduce you to Mr. Declan Bheka. Mr. Bheka, this is Ash. Get used to each other, gentlemen.?

Ash nodded wordlessly to the other man, then looked at the seat he was offered. An unbidden memory darted like a flash of lightning in his concious mind.

He was in a cold spartan room. There was a man in a white coat and an attending female also dressed in white. He was still young then. They had offered him a chair to sit in, and he had happily obliged, unsuspecting and plain glad to get his feet off the cold marble floor. The nurse looked away and the doctor smiled very faintly. Ash had barely noticed these things when metal straps sprung out from hidden compartments in the seat. His head, arms and legs were fastened quite securely against the frame of the seat. Ash began to panic.

"There's no need to be afraid, boy. This is just to make sure no one get's hurt."

That's what the strange looking doctor had said, but young Ash wasn't listening. His eyes were suddenly transfixed by the metallic syringe the nurse had produced, seemingly from thin air. Ash began to trash around, his heart beat like frenzied wardrums inside his chest, his lungs burned from the effort, his muscles ached.

"It's no use child, calm down." The doctor said matter-of-fact, but Ash was long past calming down. He hated needles, and his eyes bulged as the nurse took several steps towards him. He began to struggle with greater intensity. Adrenalin thundered inside of him, and somewhere, the chair squeaked in protest.

At this, the doctor seemed obviously surprised. He took a step back and said something in a foreign language, evidently urging the nurse to hurry. Ash doubled his efforts. The nurse didn't bother with the sanitizing swab, she simply strode next to him and plunged the glistening syringe deep into the flesh of his arm.

Ash's eyes rolled inside their sockets. He heard a loud mournful sound. Was that him screaming? He wasn't sure. And then... there was darkness.

As he looked at the chair the Director of S.T.E.E.L. had offered him to sit in, Ash's eye changed from normal, to a reddish hue, deepened to violet and then back to normal.

"No offense, but you 'know' I prefer to work alone..." Ash declared as he turned his attention back to Benjamin Alexander.

"...plus, I'm certain you won't mind if I remain standing. Please continue with the briefing."

The white haired mercernary stood motionless now. His dark attire like that of a grim reaper, as if patiently waiting to ferry a harvest of souls into the underworld.

Tag: Rally, Reynar

11. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Titan ?Ty? Smith
    Weathers Arena; Orlando, Florida

Titan watched Edge enter the arena with boyish curiosity. He certainly looked like a boxer, but Titan wondered if that would translate into the ring. The grizzled veteran always found a certain pleasure in welcoming rookies to the international stage. Their first fight usually set the bar for the rest of their career. This would be interesting.

Behind him, Titan heard his trainer approach. In all honesty, the man hadn?t trained Titan in over ten years, but Titan liked his attitude. The man, named Rich Harrison, clapped Titan on the back and said, ?Try not to hurt the kid too much.? Titan nodded absently, with his eyes still on his opponent. Rich shrugged and walked out into the light. Titan waited a few seconds, and then followed his manager, while being flanked by two security guards.

When Titan first walked out, it seemed like someone had muted the sound, and then cranked the volume. For some reason, the arena seemed louder than usual. Titan massaged his temples with his gloves, and silently noted that. Rich was all smiles as he lead a suddenly grim-faced Titan to the ring. Titan was staring at Ulysses Edge the entire way down.

Titan climbed into the ring, without saying a word to his trainer, and regarded the referee. Then, he heard behind him, ?Can?t nobody bring down the Titan!? He stopped dumb, wondering. Was that true? Titan didn?t hear the bell ring, indicating the start of the match.

12. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: Alphonse Durand
    Private Office, Everlasting Industries; New York, New York

Alphonse gave the young man a firm handshake. After making his way through the whole of the twentieth century, he had a grip like a vice, but allegedly that was supposed to be a good thing. It was like the line in that one song by that one British band - "The firm handshake, sudden look in the eye and an easy smile." He didn't particularly care for the rest of the song (It was a bit Marxist, and he hadn't been a Marxist for over 50 years), but that line - that still rang true.

"Pleasure to meet you, Jon m'boy, an absolute pleasure," he continued, glancing at his watch. "Punctual, too, you weren't scheduled until..." He squinted at his watch. "Broken... Well, no matter, you're here now, that's what counts. What good is punctuality, anyway, we've got our whole lives ahead of us to be punctual." He led the new assistant over to a chair in front of his desk. "Now, you just take a seat here," he said, indicating the chair, "And I'll give you a rundown of my expectations, alright? Good."

Alphonse settled into his own chair, still facing the assistant. "Go ahead, take a seat. I insist."

[b]TAG: Reynar[/b]

13. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Joe Fitch
    -New York City

Poetry was something that Joe knew about. The library was like a mountain and, to Joe, the diamonds were poetry books, speaking out to the yearning ear that sought it. There had been many late nights that Joe had spent in the library reading and writing the art, so, naturally, he was well-versed in it and knew where to look when people asked for a specific type. The girl had just asked for poetry, so she would be his star and he would guide her to her destination.

"Love ees easiest. Ve shood start veet zat." Sliding the headphones off his head, Joe walked from behind the desk and stopped in front of the girl. "Zis vay. Vwat ees your name?" He was already walking to the love poetry section that he had set up. When he had first gotten here, the library was straightened and clean and organized, but it lacked that personal affection that he had brought.

"Zis ees za love section." After he had said it, he realized how wrong, or right, it had sounded and smirked to himself.

14. Rally_Fan_84

Jan 14, 2009
    S.T.E.E.L Headquarters

[i]*Bheka frowned. Normally STEEL ops were solo in nature, and he was by nature a team player, so he relished the opportunity to do something different.

He had been prepared to extend his hand in the spirit of camaraderie and shake his hand, but instead he had been a subtle brush-off by the cyborg.
    He WAS going to keep the fact that he knew of the op that had gotten "Ash", if that was his real name, into trouble, that he had claimed that he could handle an exo that could turn into electrons and take over electronic devices and had gone rogue for awhile, supposedly killing two other STEEL operatives and wounding more before being stopped.

He was sorely tempted to hit him with that bit of knowledge and return the disrespect.
    However, he still retained a bit of professionalism, instead turning to basic sarcasm*[/i]

"I can work on the automatons' people skills later. What's the assignment this time Ben?"

[b]Tag:[/b] Ben (GM), ASH (GJ)

15. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002

"I can work on the automaton's people skills later. What's the assignment this time Ben?"

Ash registered the marine biologist's remak as a sign that the man was indeed offended buy his words, despite the fact that Ash had not intended such a thing. He was merely stating a fact. Ash felt neither stung nor amused by the comeback. It simply didn't matter to him. Of course, he could have retorted with a witticism of his own, just to gauge the man, but this was neither the time nor the place for such an exercise. Ash was more interested in the mission briefing than giving an impromptu psychoanalysis.

As for people's skills, Ash withheld an actual snort. He was well versed in such skills, having had quite an unorthodox education in the art of lying and deception, all learned during his time as a test subject in the CSS project. People skills indeed. Ash cared nothing for such things.

No. All that was important was the mission, and that was his focus. If he had to be paired with another operative, then so be it. It would be in his best interest to pull his own weight come mission time. And though it was true that Ash knew next to nothing about Mr.Bheka, it seemed he would have an opportunity to learn a great deal about this man, whom he knew had to be an Exo. It would be utter madness if Director Benjamin Alexander saddled him with a mere human.

To that end, Ash held his peace and patiently waited for Mr. Alexander to finally begin.

Tag: Declan (Rally), Ben (GM) ;)

16. Mandeillord

Mar 13, 2006
    Santiago Mata
    Barcelona, Spain

Rodrigo responded with a facetious joke of his one before looking at the boulder in front of them. ?This one?s a beauty. You ready for it?? Santiago smiled and sprinted straight to the boulder, feeling out holds and as began to climb the beast. He was in a zone now, focusing only on the giant boulder that he was scaling. If Santiago did not give this task his undivided attention, there was a possibility that he could fall and die since bouldering consisted of climbing without a rope and there was no crash pad to cushion his fall.

Once Santiago got himself into a stable position, he glanced back at Rodrigo to see that he was quickly catching up. ?Rodrigo, don?t stress yourself to much. You don?t want to injure your leg again, or even worse.? He turned back towards the rock, smiling and hoping his friend was doing the same.

17. Hero_Of_The_Force

Hero_Of_The_Force Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2008
    IC: Victor Gates
    Hustler?s Pub; San Diego, California

Victor watched Boomer leave, then a young man entered. He presumed the one to enter the room was the actor. Sammy resembled his father, but more nervous. [i]?Mr. Gates?[/i]

Victor nodded as he sat up. The mob boss looked at Sammy, and wondered why he wanted to meet with a friend of the family. A favor was in need, this is the only reason an actor would come to meet with a mobster. He got up and held out his hand, the two shook. The mob boss took his seat once again, leaning back. [b]?So, what have you come here for??[/b] Victor asked, fully aware of what Sammy came for. Waiting Victor lit a cigar, and blew out a few clouds of smoke.

Victor remembers he used to get many favors. The ones who asked would repay victor either with a favor or with cash. The occasional bailout would result in death. Victor was not afraid to kill, for he had agents in with the police, High-ranking officials that is. Victor preferred to be careful to kill those who did wrong to him. The mob knew Victor had a strange way of killing people. He would put them in a pool, wrapped in chains, and then he would touch the water. Oddly thunder struck the water, shocking him in chains and boiling the water.

A devious little trick, so even if the police investigated, they would only find a body. The charred corpse would have their fingers burned off, along with their hair and facial features. Victor had powers; he figured that out as a kid. Every time Victor would touch something electric, it would explode with no explanation. When he grew older, Victor learned to control his powers. Water and thunder manipulation could lead to a horrible death, to whomever did Victor wrong.

For you never want to be in the water, during a thunderstorm.
    [hr]
    [b]Tag:[/b][i] Reynar[/i]

18. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    IC: Cerise Bridges

Cerise had just discarded a cushion from the sofa in the living room when Ellie walked in from the kitchen spinning the keys on her finger.

?By the microwave. Where would you be without me eh? Long night??

Cerise sighed and rolled her eyes and snatched the keys from Ellie and put the cushion back on the sofa, which her flatmate then sat on and started observing her work.

?Thanks,? Cerise said, and grabbed her purse off the counter. ?I?m headed out, I?ll talk to you later.? And with that, she walked out of the apartment and shut the door behind her a bit harder than usual.

Tag: Jedi_padawan_leigh

[b]IC: Benjamin Alexander[/b]
    [i]S.T.E.E.L. Headquarters

Unsociable. How cliché.[/i] Benjamin paused in his own thoughts for a brief second and reached into a drawer in his desk and pulled out the file that Eleanor had handed him earlier and discarded it on top of the desk for the two agents to see. There was a mug shot of a young man who appeared to be in his late twenties or early thirties. He had curly brown hair that extended to the top of his shoulders, and a thin goatee around his mouth.

?That gentleman?s name is Oliver Rice, and he?s the reason both of you are here. Oliver?s been a particular thorn in my side for the past? several years now. We first caught wind of him when police arrested him in Rhode Island. Apparently he?d beaten a gang of six men to the point of near death after they tried to mug him on the side of the street. The reports said he was able to? clone himself. Create multiple versions of himself, all of them seemingly able to think and act on their own. That?s how he was able to take down the thugs.?

He paused and rubbed his forehead. ?Um, he was put in prison for a while because apparently he?d protected himself too much. Naturally, he was pretty pissed off and escaped, and you can probably guess how.?

?After that, we were called in to find the guy. We eventually did, and we locked him up. Guy?s a real smartass, I had a couple conversations with him myself. Well, he got out again. And that?s why you?re here. You have to find him.?

Benjamin paused again. ?I know it sounds routine, but we need to put this guy away for good, he?s becoming more trouble than he?s worth. You need to find him and bring him here to our prison block. Intel says he?s in Manhattan, so that?s where you?re headed first. Any questions??

[b]Tag: Rally_Fan_84, greyjedi125[/b]

[hr]

[b]IC: Ulysses Edge[/b]
    [i]Weathers Arena; Orlando, Florida[/i]

Ulysses watched with great anticipation as Titan entered the ring. He was bouncing up and down on the balls of his feet, watching and waiting for the bell to ring to signify the start of the match.

And it did. At last, the fight of Ulysses? life had begun. He bounced around the ring swiftly, his eyes focused intently on Titan. The roar of the crowd was all but silent in his ears.

And he waited for the champ to make his first move.

[b]Tag: NickLitYouAFlame[/b]

[hr]

[b]IC: Jonathan Wise[/b]
    [i]Private Office, Everlasting Industries; New York, New York

"Pleasure to meet you, Jon m'boy, an absolute pleasure,"[/i] Alphonse continued, glancing at his watch. [i]"Punctual, too, you weren't scheduled until..."[/i] He squinted at his watch. [i]"Broken... Well, no matter, you're here now, that's what counts. What good is punctuality, anyway, we've got our whole lives ahead of us to be punctual."[/i]

Jonathan smiled and agreed with a small nod. Alphonse led the new assistant over to a chair in front of his desk. [i]"Now, you just take a seat here,"[/i] he said, indicating the chair, [i]"And I'll give you a rundown of my expectations, alright? Good."[/i]

Alphonse settled into his own chair, still facing Jonathan. [i]"Go ahead, take a seat. I insist."[/i]

Jonathan obliged with a ?Thank you.? He sat down in the chair, and awaited his new boss?s expectations overview.

[b]Tag: darthramza[/b]

[hr]

[b]IC: Lauren Cash[/b]
    [i]Library; New York, New York[/i]

Lauren could hardly understand what the Russian

19. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002

Ash ignored all spoken and usnpoken criticisms regarding his abject lack of bedside manners. He wasn't here because of his 'charming disposition.' Quite the contrary, infact. He was here because he got the job done. He kept taking these assignments because Benjamin Alexander had something he wanted.

Information.

"I'm assuming that you want us to capture him alive." Ash stated, rather than asked. His tone devoid of emotion.

"Do you have any intel on the Exo's ability beyond his duplication abilities? Can the copies duplicate themselves, like the original? Is there a way to identify a copy from the real one?"

As he spoke, Ash looked over the photo and paged through the Exo's file. He copied and committed the information to memory and created a case file of his own. Of course, he scanned the photo and pages in I.R. and U.V. specturms as well, just incase Mr. Alexander had written him a secret message or clue, like he's done in the past.

Inside Ash, Hal was already working on triangulating the subjects aliases and locations as he scanned through public and not-so public records. If this guy liked 'defending' himself so much, he was basically leaving a 'trail' they could follow.

Ash waited for his answer and for his new 'partner' to speak his piece.

Tag: GM, Rally

20. Rally_Fan_84

Jan 14, 2009
    S.T.E.E.L Headquarters

[i]
    *The cyborg had brought up most of the more crucial details regarding their new assignment, which was good. However, the cyborg had neglected a few other details in regards to the quarry. Ash also didn't ask about other details that mattered to a non-cyborg like Declan, but it was to be expected.

As Ash was talking, Declan was also looking over the file and putting away key details for memory. If one was observant, they would have noticed his eyes flicking much more rapidly and faster than any normal human, sometimes becoming blurry in their motion.*[/i]

"To build on what Mr. Ash said, is there any way to keep him from multiplying outright, aside from beating him senseless or killing him that is? If we are to take him down, id rather not have to go through hundreds of his closest friends.

What about equipment and a base of operations? Is it set up or is it on-site procurement? He may have built in scanners and weapons, but I do not, hence the friend I keep rather close to the heart you might say.

Do we have assumed identities and cover for this one? Do we have in-field contacts or sources that we could go to?

And for gods sake if I get a vehicle for this one, can I finally get a good one?
    Not that I'm not grateful for a company vehicle but the last few ones have been awful. The [link=http://www.tuningnews.net/news/070621/alfa-romeo-159-ti.jpg]Alfa 159[/link] in the Czech Republic blew its engine and transmission for no reason about 2 days in, the [link=http://www.carbodydesign.com/archive/2007/08/08-bentley-continental-gt-speed/Bentley-Continental-GT-Speed-3-lg.jpg]Bentley Continental GT[/link] in Vegas was clumsy and looked like an idiotic chunk of nuvo-riche bling despite the cover I was given, and don't get me started on the idiocy of saddling me with a [link=http://www.nextcar.com.au/i.holden.tigra.red.05mar.jpg]Tigra[/link] in Australia, especially when long straight roads are involved."
    [i]
    *As much as he asked, he kept to himself. Those were important, well most of them anyway. Some other things he had to keep to himself, like the cliche of using New York City or Los Angeles as hideaways despite how many people ran there, the fact that both he and Ash were picked most likely because of the fast reaction times both possessed, how the last multiple he went after nearly got him thrown in the slammer, but the setting in Holland wasn't so bad, especially after who he met in the form of a very special Exo...

The biggest one was that Ben once again was holding back information that was most likely personal. Somwhere along the line this particular Exo had gotten under the directors skin, and this had more to it than what they were given.

Still, they were field agents, and as such were by definition able to overcome any omitted details, at least so far anyway*[/i]

[b]Tag:[/b] Ash (GJ), Ben (GM)

21. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002

Fortunately for Ash, his face always remained expressionless, even though he was capable of the full range of human expression. In no wise did his face betray the surprise and curiosity he was feeling as his abilities picked up on Declan's rapid eye movements. Ash simply kept talking to Mr. Alexander, even as he spoke to Hal internally.

{Hal, open a new Exo file. Tag: Bheka, Declan. It seems Mr. Alexander has a most interesting way of peaking my curiosity.}

[Done. Catalogue initiated. Ash, I think he's exhibiting...]

{I know what it looks like. Continue to catalogue any and all incidences. We'll know for sure later.}

[As, you wish.]

Ash finished speaking and now was his turn to listen. But before the Dircetor of S.T.E.E.L. could answer the questions he'd posed, Mr. Bheka expressed a few of his own concerns.

"To build on what Mr. Ash said, is there any way to keep him from multiplying outright, aside from beating him senseless or killing him that is? If we are to take him down, i'd rather not have to go through hundreds of his closest friends."

Ash wasn't against the idea. It was all up to the fugitive exo and how much 'resistance' he put up, however. Declan's observation was a good one, which Ash took a note of. If they could identify the real Oliver Rice, he was as good as neutralized, at least as far as Ash was concerned.

"...He may have built in scanners and weapons, but I do not, hence the friend I keep rather close to the heart you might say."

That was a logical assumption on Mr. Bheka's part. Ash's face remained impassive as usual, but deep inside where the last shreds of his humanity struggled to stay relevant, he smiled, if only a little. Ash hadn't had a real heart since he was twelve years old.

All the questions Mr.Bheka posed were impresively relevant, to someone who had those needs. Hal showed pictures of the vehicles Declan spoke of, and Ash found them curiously pleaseing, though he had no use for such things.

This situation was...interesting. If it wasn't for his analytical curiosity, Ash would have demanded to work alone, as he usually did. But there was something else afoot here, a puzzle. He did not have enough pieces to solve it, but that he would. It was just a matter of time.

"...and don't get me started on the idiocy of saddling me with a Tigra in Australia, especially when long straight roads are involved."

Ash did spare a glance at Declan after Hal had showned him an image of the automobile and it's performance statistics. Having this as a field vehicle must have been what passes for a 'prank', as far as Ash was concerned. Worse, if the car had actually been colored red. That would have been a tactical error.

A sigh would have been appropriate at this point, but Ash simply folded his arms over his chest, which could prove to be a more effective gesture than a sigh, and waited for the director to respond to the questions posed.

Tag: GM, Rally

22. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    IC: Ellie Brown

Ellie watched her flatmate leave, flinching involuntarily as she closed the door with a bit more force and bang than usual. She soon finished packing her bag and got her own keys, leaving the apartment and locking the door behind her. Making her way down and onto the street, she walked about a block to the nearest subway station. Five stops later she got off, before walking another two blocks or so before reaching the entrance to Dreamscape Graphics ? New York, where she worked. It was an old looking building, possibly converted from an old factory or some similar long forgotten business of the past, but Ellie liked it, the feeling of it having some history behind it unlike most new and shiny chrome and glass establishments that were prevalent in this city.

Making her way inside, she greeted or nodded a good morning to some of her fellow employee?s, before making her way down a short corridor and into a large open plan room. Desks and drawing boards were grouped together to give junior employees little work areas. A couple of sofas and a coffee table were in the centre of the room and a couple of PC?s and related computer equipment lined the walls on the far side. The place was tastefully decorated with a few large pieces of artwork hung on the walls and there were a few plants dotted around too. At the end of the room was a door leading to the office of one of the supervisors.

Ellie had been working at Dreamscape for just over two years, after having found further employment though the London branch of the company when she was 22. She enjoyed most aspects of her job, but some were more favourable than others. Making her way to her own little work area, she sat down and checked a small in tray that lay on her desk. There wasn?t anything of much importance. A couple of Memo?s about upcoming projects and the like. As she skimmed over them, she was suddenly startled as a folder dropped onto the desk with a thud in front of her. Looking up, she came face to face with her supervisor. He smiled and indicated the folder with his hand.

?Your tasks for today. Also, don?t forget we have a consultation meeting with the manager of GiGi?s pizzeria about a new corporate identity, I need you to take notes, a review of last week?s open house oh, and it?s your turn for the coffee run today so please try and get mine right this time, its hazelnut syrup not chocolate?

He said before turning on his heel and walking away to pester another poor junior. Ellie just sighed and began flicking through the folder

?I hate coffee...?

23. Hero_Of_The_Force

Hero_Of_The_Force Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2008
    IC: Victor Gates
    Hustler?s Pub; San Diego, California

[i]?And I thought you could? you know. Pull some strings.?[/i]

Victor listened intently, as he did to everything his ears might pick up. Realizing Sammy did not like the puff of smoke, Victor put it in an ashtray. He leaned back and put a hand over his mouth, slightly cupping his chin. For a few seconds he thought about who Troy Hinds was. Then it struck him, Victor met him a while back in the very bar they were in now. Victor then put his hands on the table and got on his feet. He went over to the window and looked out it to see the gates to the secluded parking lot were locked shut. It was standard procedure, nothing to be alarmed about. If anything were wrong he and everyone else in the room, not to mention the bar, would heard gunfire. When things get out of his bodyguards? hands, Victor carried a Forty-Four Magnum. The Head Mobster happened to be good with a firearm.

He turned to face Sammy, whose? eyes followed the Mob Head. Victor would politely ask Mister Hinds to drop whomever he has to do the role of whatever character it is. Sammy would play the part, but unless Troy cooperates, Victor will have to take actions that are more drastic. The Head of the Mob would pay the Director a visit, and if he did not agree, Victor would break him. With or without powers, Victor could be [i]very[/i] persuasive.

[b]?Okay? Here is the deal. I will visit him, and tell him to drop whatever ******* he has for the job. He [i]will[/i] hire you, count on it,?[/b] Victor started, [b]?When you need another favor, give me a ring. And, expect to be hearing from one of my boys, to-a repay your debt.?[/b]

With that, Victor picked up the cigar, relit it, and walked over to the door and opened it. He stepped to the side and made a motion with his head to signal that it was time to go. His two bodyguards left the room, and Victor turned around in the doorway to face Sammy.

[b]?Tell your father, I said hello?[/b] Victor smiled.
    [hr]
    [b]Tag: [/b] [i]Reynar[/i]

[hr]
    [color=purple][hl=gray][b]I_H Edit:[/b][/hl][/color] Language

24. Mandeillord

Mar 13, 2006
    Santiago Mata
    Barcelona, Spain

Santiago was so focused on climbing that he did not see what had caused the shade that enveloped them. He thought it was just a small cloud that had floated across the sun, but then Rodrigo held his attention and motioned towards the sky. ?Uh, Santiago? Are you seeing what I am seeing?? With his intense focus broken Santiago looked up and saw what he thought was an angel descending from the heavens. He nearly lost his grip at the sight of this flying human, but quickly regained his posture and scrambled to the top of the boulder.

The man landed smoothly atop the rock and looked at Santiago and Rodrigo as they finished their climb. He was quite majestic and Santiago did not know what to do. He knew that this day would come where he would meet someone who was an outcast like himself. Although he could not fly, his power was very strange and if ever revealed to the public, could get out of hand. Rodrigo seemed to be speechless so Santiago took it upon himself to question this man.

His voice wavered slightly as he began to speak, and obvious signal that he was a little bit nervous. ?You seem to be good at making grand entrances. Who are you and what brings you here??

25. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    IC: Madison Talsman, San Fransisco, California

Madison smiled at her friend and hugged back carefully. As they pulled away from each other, Madison sighed, placing a hand over her stomach to feel her baby kick. Her red hair, pulled back with a neat clip kept it out of her face, which she appreciated.

?We?re doing fine. The little guy is kicking up a storm. A strange and, I don?t know, sacred feeling.? Madison paused a moment, feeling the sensation against the hand she had spread over her stomach. ?How have you been??

As Madison chatted with her friend, she made the way to the door. Yes, she sighed, she was definitely waddling these days. So heavy! As they entered the restaurant, the cheery site of posters from famous events with autographs by famous people lured the eyes from every corner. There was a bar in the middle, separating the restaurant into two sections for eating. She scanned the place and placed a hand on the small of her back, hoping the hostess would hurry.

In no time the hostess arrived back, her cheery red and white striped shirt competing with the rest of the scenery. As the woman greeted them and led them to a table, Madison wondered if she really should get twice as much as usual. That still troubled her at times, how much she was eating. But the doctor said it was perfectly normal. She just didn?t want to look like a pig.

Sitting down, the two friends took menus and scanned the items. Madison really wanted a beer, but strictly kept away from all alcoholic drinks the entire time she was pregnant. Sighing again, she made her choices and closed the menu. Madison and Shannon chatted until the meal was finally given them and then Madison ate hungrily. I haven't had food like this for a while. Still need to go grocery shopping. Madison sighed softly to herself. She was beginning to get tired. Being active all day and then having a night out was good, but it made her feel worn out. She knew her friend would be able to tell, but she couldn?t change the fact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.