main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Benella Index and Discussion Thread-- NEW HOLIDAY CHALLENGE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Benella, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    Here's another one of my random thoughts (I've had a lot of these lately:p) . .

Mara and Luke have only one child . . Ben.
    Kol Skywalker and ??? have one child . . Cade.

Do you think the Skywalkers will always just produce boys?[face_thinking]

In the comics its very clear that Cade is an only child, like Ben . . is this what we are to expect you think from the next series of novels about Ben and his descendants?

:confused: Will the Skywalkers continue to just have a boy per generation? . .
    I know this sounds silly . . but this thought occured to me during some temporary writer's block, now I can't stop wondering about it . . .

:cool:

2. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    [UP!]:)

{Also . . I don't have a fic for the Valentine challenge . . but I have something similiar with Benella in . . ~Bittersweet Seduction~ . . runs away after shameful plug . . hehe!}

[face_devil]

3. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I have a story that was a crack ship but, has turned to a BEn/Jysella story. In working on this fic, I've come to enjoy the two of them. I look forward to participating more around here.

what is the current challenge?

4. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    This is the new challenge. Flowerlady set it up:

Challenge #4
    In honor of [face_love]Valentine?s Day[face_love] ...
    Write a vignette or short story describing the events around Ben asking for Jysella?s hand in marriage. How do you think Corran would respond? It can be humorous or serious, but have fun?

Requirements:
    Here are some considerations that you could use or you can come up with your own:
    1. Ben tried to kill Corran in a battle while under Darth Jacen?s influence.
    2. Jysella is pregnant.
    3. Corran thinks Ben is too young.
    Phrases needed:
    "I never kiss and tell?
    never in a million years
    being a little harsh
    changing sides
    Words needed:
    Persevere
    Code
    Intervene
    Cold
    Hot

There hasn't been any responses yet . . . :( I've wanted to but haven't had the time to do it. Plus my SW muse is close to being dead.

5. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Question 1: What's your name?

Brodie.

Question 2: What is the number one reason you like this ship?

I like the idea of a skywalker and Horn together as well as the only slight age diference. This ship also appears to be a flip flop of A/T. Here, the woman, at least to me, is the rebel, and the man is the quiet more repressed one. Just my two cents. I like both ships.

Question 3: How did the ship gain your attention?

It was in the process of writnig a crackship with Zekk/Jysella that I discovered Jys for the first time. In investigating her, it appeared that she and Ben were similar in age. My fic called for an alternative to Zekk being presented by Corran. Ben worked.

Question 4: If there were challenges from this thread, would you do them?

I'd consider any challenge.

Question 5: Do you ship/support other ships that include one of the characters in the ship? What are they? (example: Do you ship Ben/Tahiri? Jacella? Doran/Jysella? Kypella? Be honest now!)

I'm not familiar with any of these pairings. But I prefer Ben/Jysella. So, I guess that means I don't support the others.

Question 6: If you answered yes to Q5, why do like Benella more/just as much as the other ships?

What Kidan said. seriously, it just fits. The yin/yang and all that. they are not exaclty opposites, but they balance each other out.

6. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    My problem.....I've been too busy trying to seduce Ben to the Dark Side...And enjoying Darth Jacen too much...:p You know it really goes to show that I really am warped, I never really liked Jacen, until he became a Sith. Go figure...[face_devil]

Anyway....

I really want to do this too...but a lot of my time over the past few weeks has been taken up with Darth Home Improvement Projects and I don't see any light at the end until probably end of May....LOL

I'll honestly be lucky if I keep a timely posting schedule for my 2 WIPs and the Collab. So, I've been focusing on them.

Only 5 days 'til Exile....YAY!!!![face_dancing]

EDIT: Welcome...Brodie!!! [:D]

FL @};-

7. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    This looks like a good challenge and I look forward to reading the responses. *grumbles* DRL *grumbles*

8. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    I haven't been in the mood to write...I just finished a novel and I'm having our editor/friend read it now...its my first nonsw book. But I still like to write in my journal about these two :)

9. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Anybody got Exile yet?!

Benny in it?

I'd like to know what's happening with him in the new book . . .

10. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Yep, Ben's in it...

I think you'll like the book. Doesn't it come out today in the UK? I thought I saw that over in the Lit thread, anyway. I won't get into much here but I loved the book....I'm not finished with it yet (just over half way) but it definitely is a page turner in my mind.

Spoilers****

We see Ben have his first "crush" on a "pretty" redhead student who helps him escape the Temple. And she is "three or four" years older....And she seems interested in him....But this encounter was so brief and benign that I'm not worried that she's the future Mrs. S, but it does show that he likes older girls and that they look at him and respect him....;)

But Ben actually plays a decent part in the story...he's sent on a solo mission by Lumiya and Darth Jacen to test him for Sith-Apprentice-worthiness. :mad:

FL @};-

11. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    Aye, I've gotten and read it, and yes Ben is in it. Here's TFN's review of it in fact.

Anyways, as for Ben....

12. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    :) Thanks FL and Kidan . . .

[face_laugh] I couldn't help but notice how both of you mentioned Ben has a thing for older women! Seems there might be hope yet for a certain couple we all hope will happen . . o_O

13. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    But it's true. Here's a list of characters that Ben's been paired with and let's look at their ages:

Syal
    Myri
    Myrta
    Jys
    Tahiri

Now tell me, which of these girls is younger than Ben?

14. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    Tahiri's the oldest at fourteen years older.

Syal's ten years older, I think.

Myri's eight years older.

Mirta Gev (Boba Fett's granddaughter for those who don't know) is four years older.

Jysella is three-3 1/2 years older than Ben.

I've seen him paired with Malinza Thanas too, and she's a decade older as well.

Yeah, looks like Ben's gonna wind up with an older girl if they stick with existing canon characters. But I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. Allston looks like he's noticed this and has made Ben more comfortable for older girls/women, and he keeps bringing up Valin and Jysella, so if we look all the way ahead to November for Fury we could easily see Ben find a relationship with Jysella (or someone else!).

15. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    You know RC, I really like your thinking....

You are right. Allston, made Syal a real character in Betrayal... with Myri and Valin and Jys only being mentioned...

He's done a great job with Myri in Exile... with Syal, Valin and Jys only being mentioned...

Maybe in Fury he will continue this pattern...With Valin and Jys actually being characters... with the Antilles sisters being the ones mentioned...

Of course, I wouldn't mind if Syal was in that book too, maybe stuck with Valin...;)

Let's all hope anyway...I really would love to see the Horn kids more in profic...Valin after all is only 4 years younger than the Solo twins....[face_frustrated]

FL @};-

16. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    In some ways I've been disappointed with the LOTF series . .

Everything so far has been ace with the Solo's and Skywalker's. And I do like what Allston has done with Syal (haven't read Myri yet *shrugs*, but I will hopefully soon!)

But I've really wanted to see the younger generation of Horn's appear.

I hope we get to see Valin and Jysella soon, if at all . .

FL, you said the Horn kids were mentioned, any information about them specific? [face_thinking] I'd love to know . . .

17. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    In the respect of the younger generation other than the Solos and Ben, yeah, I'd have to agree with you. I'm disappointed too. [face_frustrated]

About what is mentioned, nothing more than what Corran basically said in Betrayal about them...that they're out doing missions. But Booster does make a snide remark about it...

FL @};-

18. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    I'm glad I'm not alone with that feeling . . . [face_frustrated]

The reason I liked the NJO was because the younger generations were pretty much at the center of the whole thing. In LOTF: yeah sure the next generation is in some ways taking some of the stage . . but the LOTF doesn't emphasize their roles as much as the NJO did.

I'm waiting for the new kick-a** Horns to get involved! I mean, come on o_O . . with Valin and Jysella being half Terrik and Horn, there's no way they can fail at being entertaining!:D

19. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    I don't think they could fail, either. :D It would be interesting to watch them at any rate.

20. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Of course Ben likes and prefers older women. It runs in the Skywalker bloodline. Anakin fell in love and married Padme, who was much older than Anakin. And I do believe Mara is older than Luke. So yeah, Skywalker men love older women.

21. Benella

Benella Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2006
    Flowerlady here...

I just indexed these two stories.

Remember if you have a story that you'd like indexed, please PM either the Sock or one of us and we will index it for you...:)

The Power of Love
    Author: JediMasterArmada
    Timeframe: Post LOTF
    Characters: Ben Skywalker and Jysella Horn.
    Genre: Action and Romance
    Keywords: Redemption, Benella, Dark Ben
    Summary:
    Notes: Written for Brodiew's Bold/Intensity Challenge

In the Hands of the Devil
    Author: SITH_MAYO
    Timeframe: Set 7 yrs after ~The Lost Chosen~
    Keywords: Action! Angst / Romance/ Drama and Darkness . . .
    Summary: Its set 7 years after ~The Lost Chosen~. Ben and Jysella are married and expecting their first child. But the happiness the last surviving Skywalker has found is about to be torn apart by Krayt and his minions . . .
    The GFFA is dead . . .
    And two empires now fight for the right to govern the entire galaxy, with the Jedi mixed in amongst the chaos! But will a temporary alliance save the Jedi? Will Ben give in to his dark destiny? Or will the Skywalker blood die along with the Jedi Order? . . .

22. JediMasterArmada

JediMasterArmada Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2006
    Question 1: What's your name?

Armada

Question 2: What is the number one reason you like this ship?

They're fun to write and it's fun to play around with the age difference.

Question 3: How did the ship gain your attention? (ie: who was it that introduced it to you?)

Uhh... I can't remember.

Question 4: If there were challenges from this thread, would you do them?

:oops:

Question 5: Do you ship/support other ships that include one of the characters in the ship? What are they? (example: Do you ship Ben/Tahiri? Jacella? Doran/Jysella? Kypella? Be honest now! )

I support some of them. I like Beniri most of the others. Jacella maybe, I don't know abour Dorran/Jys. As for Kypella, I dunno if I could do that. he's old enough to be her dad.

Question 6: If you answered yes to Q5, why do like Benella more/just as much as the other ships?

It's fun to write and to think of ways to torture both characters. Especially since they're friends and to have the thiking of what could happen if the relationship goes bad and how it would affect their friendship and that of their parents. I also like the thought of bringing the Skywalkers and Horns together.

23. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Welcome! Padawan... I'm glad to see you check out the Index. :)

Looking forward to hearing more from you both in discussion and in stories.

~~~

Here finally is my response to the Valentine Challenge... although I broke my own rule--it will be longer than a short story and has IMO a rather complicated angsty plot. But oh well....LOL...:p

I've also taken the liberty of indexing it:

Love?s Intervention
    Author: Flowerlady
    Timeframe: Post-Legacy
    Warning: Uses canon up to and including Exile, so possible spoilers.
    Characters: Ben/Jysella, Seha, Corran/Mirax, Luke/Mara, OC?s and others
    Genre: Angst, Drama, Romance, Short Novella (I hope it stays short anyway)
    Summary: A very different Ben Skywalker returns after an eight year trek across the galaxy in search of himself after redemption and a failed marriage and runs head long into Jysella Horn and the family that he had left behind.
    A/N: Written for the Benella Index and Discussion Challenge Challenge #4

FL @};-

24. Benella

Benella Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2006
    Flowerlady here....

Thanks to FalconFan, we now have two beautiful drawings of Ben and Jys added to this thread.

They have been linked to the first page, but here they are again.

[image=http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c29/Nilknarf48/JysellaHornJediKnight.jpg]
    Jysella Horn, Jedi Knight (fanfiction) Artist: FalconFan

[image=http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c29/Nilknarf48/BenSkywalkerLOTF.jpg]
    Ben Skywalker, LotF--Exile, "Choices" Artist: FalconFan

Seriously, if you haven't checked out her artwork in the Art Board, you need to. She does awesome work...[:D]

@};-

25. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    I'm giving this thread a kick in the pants! UP!

Edit: This thead needs a new challenge!

Edit 2: Perhaps something with a romantic interlude? All very TOS friendly of course? Wy don't we have the two Jedi, married and parents at this point, have an arguement regarding the child or children that actually sparks a passion that has previous been missing from the realtionship.

As for a discussion topic: Lets look at Ben's adult leadership of the Jedi. What kind of leader do you see him as? He seems to me to be alot like his father, at least as leader. Perhaps quiet and unassuming. Or do you see him as more active, involved leader like Kyp?

You tell me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.