main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Saga Beside My Own Reflection-AU-OC's/Ani/Obi Complete 2/8!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Title Beside My Own Reflection

Author obi_ew

Genre AU

Summary OffWorld has a rival desperate to get their hands on a new Jedi Starfighter. Anakin Skywalker and his Padawan are caught in the crossfire.

Characters Obi-Wan, Anakin and my Oc's Jivan and Desimir deCrion and Shai Kenobi.

Disclaimers Usual ones apply.

Thanks To Shaindl and froggy for help with a new plot, and Jade for a push in the right direction for a title! :)

To my fav band for that title yet again! Linkin Park rocks!

Usual nonsense! No idea how often this will be updated! :p This is a continuation of my Redemption Series .

CHAPTER ONE- Five years after Somewhere I Belong

Toned leg muscles stretched and flexed as the lone figure on the balcony gracefully glided through the intricate steps of a kata. The ascending suns rays lovingly caressed muscled lightly tanned skin, highlighting the waves of soft reddish gold hair that capped the individual?s head, falling to brush just below the collar of his sleeveless shirt.

As his movements brought him around to face out over the city, the owner of the binoculars that were trained on him from the building across the plaza, had a clear unobstructed view of his features.

Exquisite!

The voyeur drew in a sharp breath as they eagerly drank in the sight before them. Smooth tanned skin stretched tautly over high cheekbones, and a cleft chin. His lips were slightly parted as he concentrated on his next move, long reddish gold lashes lowered to conceal his eyes.

Those lashes suddenly lifted to reveal a pair of large bright gray eyes that gleamed with what appeared to be laughter. His captivated audience stumbled backwards when they realized that his gaze was focused directly on them. There was a sudden flurry of movement right before the curtain snapped shut.

Chuckling softly, the young man drew in a deep cleansing breath as he brought the complex exercise to a final close. The shrill sound of his door chime intruded on the peaceful moment, a casual wave of his hand admitting the person on the other side.

As he moved back into the living area, he found a young technician standing anxiously in the doorway, his gaze sweeping the room. A relived smile spilt the new arrival's face when he finally noticed the young man.

?Thank goodness you?re still here! They?re at it again and we were hoping you would come down and break it up,? he informed the young Jedi.

Sighing wearily, the young man grabbed his tunic from the back of a chair and nodded.

?What set them off this time?? he asked in a slightly exasperated tone.

The technician grinned and shrugged. ?We didn?t even bother asking. We really appreciate this Padawan Kenobi. It?s difficult for us to interfere when we?re dealing with a Jedi Master and our boss.?

Tossing him an understanding look, Shai clipped his lightsabre to his belt and followed the man out of the room. Anakin and Desimir were embroiled in yet another altercation that he would have to end.

Arriving in the dockingbay, the young technician close on his heels, Shai rested his hands on his hips as he watched the two men who stood face to face in front of a sleek new starfighter. His alluring features tightened even further as the volume of their voices grew steadily, both oblivious to the group of workers who stood nearby watching with interest.

?Explain to me again why I shouldn?t think you have taken leave of what little common sense you had when we started out?? Jedi Master Anakin Skywalker demanded of his friend.

Clenching his hands into fists, Desimir deCrion poked a finger in the other man?s chest as he spoke. ?My father always says that you can trust no one! Security is vital in keeping a company safe from any thieves lurking in the shadows!?

?For Force sake deCrion!? Anakin muttered through clenched teeth. ?Between you and Xanatos, I don?t know who is the more paranoid!?

Sighing deeply as he saw D

2. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Awww, that was cute! Ani and Des are fighting! And Shai had to break 'em up! HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!!!! AND I'M GLAD YOU STARTED THE SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Love it oe, I am so glad you are continuing with this series as I am completely in love with all of the characters. :)

?You two are making a spectacle of yourselves yet again! What started it this time?? he demanded shortly.

He sounds just like Obi-Wan. Poor Shai stuck in the middle between Des and Anakin. What does Anakin have against the added security anyways, Des did include him as one of the three Force sensitives even if he was about to call him numb nu...! [face_laugh]

4. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Poor Shai....in the middle yet again. He needs to bring ice water with him and douse those two.
    And Anakin is not behaving well in front of his Padawan, shame on him.

As for Des, well, shame on him, too!

Great job. I can't believe you are starting yet another one. When do you sleep?

5. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    I had thought that he would have grown up a bit by now...

Well at least Shai is more eye candy for us...Poor Shai...and nice Des!

No Jade, I'm not moving in on your territory!

6. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    mmm hmmmm, right Birdy... :p

*snicker* MEN! I guess Shai's had his hands full these past few years, raising his master.

Who's the peeping Tom...or Tomala (I can't think of the girl version for the name Tom)

And you're welcome, OE! :D

7. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    If you see typos, I'm sorry, but my left arm is wrapped elbow to wrist, and I can barely move it. Is 25 too young to have arthritis from the neck down? :(

Great start, not that I doubted you for a second! As I'm scrolling down, I see this story title that's obviously from Crawling, and knew it was you before I even looked! It comes as no surprise that Ani and Des are at it again, and Shai is called to break it up.

"...I rigged the ship so that it will only respond to three Force sensitive individuals. Me, you and numb nu...?LOL [face_laugh]

--later--

8. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    Arthritis at 25? Hey, we have another Oldie! :D

9. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    I feel the age level of this board just keep rising...soon I'll be the youngest here...I'm not the youngest, am I?

10. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    I'm not sure if it's arthritis or something else, but it's all centered in my joints, mostly my legs. Both hips, knees, and ankles. But that's from idiot doctors that thought they knew how to set a broken leg! [face-angry]

Don't know what's wrong with my arm, just that it's the same kind of pain. :(

JadeSolo: Hey, we have another Oldie!

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I'm too young to be this old! (Well, mentally at least! :D)

Can you tell I'm tired? 8-} I get wierd when I'm tired. :eek:

--later--

11. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Ooooh, a new story! I was just thinking to myself today how I was beginning to miss the old Shai/Des/Ani gang, and look what we have here! :D

Loved the start. Poor Shai; it seems that it's Anakin who wears the braid in their relationship! 8-} And I must say the title is perfect considering it stars a clone!

Can't wait for more! (and I think this post snagged my 600th!) :)

12. Jeanida_Myrishi

Jeanida_Myrishi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2003
    *snickering*
    poor Shai having to break up the argument, yet again......
    I definately wouldn't want to be in Shai's shoes....
    *more snickering*
    :D

13. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I like the start of this story. Look forward to some more. Must read some of your other stories.

14. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    YEA! The boys are back! :)

Sorry, got excited. Can hardly wait for more OE.

I agree, Shai does have his hands full raising his Master. Maybe Shai needs to ask Obi-Wan for some advice on how he use to handle him. That would be an interesting talk.

~Bek

15. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Couldn't resist, hm? :D

Thanks for the mention - but it was all just a selfish ploy on my part to get you to continue this wonderful series. Like so many here, I'm just in love with all your OCs. :)

Great start - can't wait to see where you take this! ;)

Shaindl

16. Seraphena

Seraphena Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    *Cheers* More Shai. Loved the others and happy to see this one started. And I agree poor Shai caught in the middle. If its not him is Jivan.

17. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    dp Nice to see you here! :)

Sheila I've kinda grown fond of them too. [face_love]

diane I don't sleep! ;)

Phoenix eye candy! [face_laugh]

Jade You may find out! :D

DL Have you seen a doctor? [face_plain] { face worried }

HHP Congrats! :D My 3000th passed and I missed it!

Jeanide Hi new face! :) Hope to see you often!

Crystal If you do please PM me with feedback! ;)

Shaindl I blame you! :p

Bekah I'm glad you are excited about it! I am! :D

Seraphena Another new face! :) Lot's of Shai this time around!

Lookie! Lookie! I squeezed out a posty! :D Our first round of Shaikin mush!

CHAPTER TWO

The bedroom balcony door that led outside to a spectacular view of the main city of Telos stood ajar, a cool gentle breeze stirring the curtains. Slipping through the sliding door, the young man shot the still figure who sat in a meditative pose a brief worried glance before taking a seat on the edge of the marble ledge that wrapped around the balcony.

Drawing his legs up to his chest, Shai wrapped his arms around his bent knees and stared out at the breathtaking view. They had been on Telos for several months now, both of them working alongside Desimir and the OffWorld technicians to build a new and vastly improved model of the Jedi Starfighter. While his Master had been overjoyed at the thought of being involved hands on in building the ship, Shai had been excited for entirely different and selfish reasons.

Always interested in scientific discoveries, Shai had spent a vast majority of his time closeted away with the OffWorld scientists, watching wide eyed as they worked their magic in the high tec labs. He had also spent some time with the scientist who had led the now dismantled cloning project. The very project from which Shai had been given life.

Although the meeting had started off awkwardly, the scientist had quickly put him at ease and been very open and honest in answering his questions. He had come away from the meeting with a new found sense of peace and contentment that he hadn?t even known he had been missing.

?You know I hate it when you do that,? his Master?s deep voice quietly chided him.

?Do what?? he inquired, a smile tugging at the edges of his mouth.

Shifting in his chair, Anakin sent him a stern look. ?You know very well what, young man! One of these days you?re going to fall off and leave me padawanless.?

?And then who would break up your fights??

?We weren?t fighting,? Anakin protested halfheartedly.

?Um..? Shai murmured in obvious disbelief. ?I?m always amazed that the two of you have somehow managed to remain friends over the years.?

?We don?t argue anymore than you and Hale,? his mentor reminded him.

Anakin?s breath caught in his throat as his apprentice shifted on the ledge before responding.

?One doesn?t argue with Hale, Master. She talks until she has you glassy eyed and frozen in place, then she attacks!? the young man informed him.

?You shouldn?t talk about my padawan sister that way Shai. Hale is a perfectly sweet and docile little angel,? Anakin defended his old mentor?s new apprentice.

The young man snorted loudly, his gray eyes flashing. ?Maybe in front of you and Ji! The minute the two of you turn your back, she.... she changes! I can show you the bruises on my arms from being pummeled by her if you?d like.?

Anakin waved him off. ?You?re exaggerating Padawan, now quit changing the subject and come down from there. I?m doing fine getting old on my own, without you shaving even more years off my life.?

Rolling his eyes, Shai slid off the ledge and dropped down beside his mentor on the wide chaise lounge. Anakin slid an arm around his shoulders and pulled him close, tilting his head in order to rest it against Shai?s.

?I?m sorry Padawan. I promise to behave.?

?I?ve heard that before Master, many times,? Shai reminded him dryly.

?I know,? Anakin sighed heavily as they sat in companion

18. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    haha!! Great last lines! [face_laugh] And nice to know Hale hasn't changed at all these past few years--ever the chatterbox.

okay, now all together....awwwwwwwww! We're really shaikin tonight!

Wow, I'm in a really weird mood tonight. Must be the constant NY weather changes.

19. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    You know....Obi-Wan must be getting up there in age by this fic. How old is he?

Love the Hale reference and that Shai would be added years to Anakin's age. Good...keeps Ani on his toes.

Nice job.

20. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Obi must be around..... 57? [face_plain]

21. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    Just realized a couple minutes that you'd started with little gem! It'd kill me to know that you weren't going to write about Des anymore! He's my idol... **grins**

Ani must be living deja-vu every day! It's so funny watching him and Shai intereact. Makes me who's in charge! Ah well, with those two it probably doesn't matter. Shai is 18 or so, right?

22. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Wonderful mush oe, I love the relationship between Anakin and Shai. :)

My rogue Obi is 57! I bet he still fits quite nicely in that leather, I'll still take him anyday. [face_love]

23. Seraphena

Seraphena Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Exactly who is wearing the braid in this relationship again?

"?I?ve heard that before Master, many times,? Shai reminded him dryly. "

ROFL - Even knowing who exactly Shai is it's too funny to see him act so serious, but then with Anakin you kind of have to.

24. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    So, how many times has Anakin promised to behave, either to Shai or Obi? [face_laugh] And I'm sure that Anakin is quite able to shorten his own life without Shai adding to it!

For your question, no I haven't. I don't trust them, but this is starting to get bad enough that I'll have to soon. I just keep putting it off. My luck, I'll see one as I'm wheeled into the ER or something.

--later--

25. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    Does he have any gray hair yet? Poor Shai... we girls can be mean, and yet...no one will ever believe him...well unless blood is drawn...

Great place to sit Shai!

Does he know that Shai is talking to the scientists about things other than the starfighter?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.