main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Beside My Own Reflection-AU-OC's/Ani/Obi Complete 2/8!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seraphena

Seraphena Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    I'd like to have that rescue party, I think I broke a nail. :)

2. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    Jiv' I don't have a boy friend, but do you think you could handle me? Even though I am your fathers pet...

Oh while I'm thinking about it...

*slips Xan's wallet in Jiv's pocket*

Go give that to your dad, and tell him you found it lying out in a hall.

*offers hot chocolate and chocolate chocolate chip cookies as an award*

And Jade, next time, let's hit the shoe store first. Or a spa...

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Poor Ji is feeling unloved. He can always come out west. There is plenty of Halloween candy at my office (along with a lot of females to keep him company)

As for the post- does she not know who/what Shai really is? (nothing like bad sentence structure at 10:30 at night)

4. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    *reverts to phoenixi form*

*perches on Xan's shoulder...*

*eagerly awaits for the next post*

*up*

5. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Shaindl Thanks imp! :D

Vadey * imagines Padawan Obi-Wan in a leash and collar* :p [face_love]

Des :p

Phoenix Nope! :D

Seraphena Maybe! ;)

Jade You're a sucker for a pretty face! :D

Bekah Much later! [face_devil]

Jade ew! What film is that from!? :p

Xan ;)

Jivan Behave young man! :mad:

dp Don't baby him. ;)

Jade :mad:

DL Boring stories no doubt! ;)

Sheila True! :eek:

Seraphena Need me to send the boys over? :D

Phoenix Won't Xan get jealous? :p

PK Who and what is Shai? ?[face_plain]

Phoenix Thanks for the up! :)

May have a post up soon. I need a second opinion on something first! :eek:

6. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    CHAPTER EIGHT

?So what should we get him??

Reluctantly pulling his gaze away from a shop display of scientific materials, Shai met Hale?s questioning gaze with a shrug.

?How do I know? I?m still trying to figure out why we have to get him something just because he?s test flying the ship.?

Her brown eyes widened, her mouth falling open in disbelief. ?Shai! Don?t tell me you have forgotten??

Frowning at her accusing tone, he shot her a baffled look. ?Forgotten what??

Sighing dramatically, Hale threw her hands up in the air. ?Did you honestly think Master was dragging us all to Telos simply to watch Anakin fly a stupid old ship? Tell me why it was necessary for his mother and the Organa?s to attend??

?I thought it was a little odd..?

Rolling her eyes, Hale shot him a disgusted glare. ?Not only is it his birthday, but it is also the five year anniversary of the day you became his apprentice.?

Gray eyes widening in shock, Shai fell silent as he figured something in his head. Hale had to grin in delight when he suddenly smacked himself on the forehead with the palm of his hand.

?Force! How could I forgetten not one, but two such important events? No wonder Jivan gave me such a funny look when I was complaining about everyone making such a big deal about this ship!? he exclaimed with self disgust.

Giggling, she glanced around the crowded marketplace with curious eyes. ?I thought I spotted a shop nearby that had supplies geared toward pilots. Maybe we can find something in there.?

Following her as she pushed her way through the throng of shoppers, Shai listened with half his attention as she chattered on about the latest Temple gossip. No matter how many times he tried to tell her that he could care less who was mad at who in the padawan ranks, she insisted on filling his head with the nonsense.

He was so engrossed in trying to drown her out, that he didn?t notice the figure that suddenly appeared directly in his path until it was too late. Their bodies collided, both of them grunting from the jarring impact as they went down. As he realized that the form pressed close to his was soft, Shai managed to shift his body so that he took the brunt of the fall.

Landing on his back on the hard ground, the air left his lungs in a whoosh as an elbow was driven into his stomach. Mouth open as he struggled to draw precious air, his dazed gaze was met and held by a pair of unusual pale golden eyes that gleamed with something that sent a shiver down his spine. In the blink of an eye, it had vanished, replaced with what appeared to be genuine concern,

?I?m so sorry,? she apologized, her hands roaming over his body to check for injuries. ?Does anything feel like it?s broken??

He tried to speak, but it came out sounding like a high pitched squeak. Blushing as she grinned down at him, Shai settled for giving her a negative shake of his head. Helping him to sit up, her gaze slowly traveled over him, seeming to linger on his braid.

?You?re Jedi,? she commented, her tone lacking any notable emotion.

?Yeah,? he finally managed to gasp. ?Sorry.?

Waving his apology off, she helped him to his feet, her hands brushing the dirt from his creme colored tunics as he studied her. She was a little taller than him, her toned body displayed proudly in a tight red leather jumpsuit, tawny skin making her white hair even more startling at first glance. It was hard to judge how old she was, her eyes belying the attractive youthful looking features.

As her gaze met his, her lips parted slightly and a current of some type seemed to pass between them. Shai?s head began to move closer, stopping only when his lips were a breath away from hers. His heart felt like it was ready to explode out of his chest, a fine sheen of sweat breaking out on his forehead.

?Shai?!?

Hale?s high pitched voice acted like a douse of ice cold water. Jumping back, his guilty gaze frantically searched for his friend, afraid of what she may have witnessed. He missed the heated glare the woman shot Hale as his friend gestu

7. Seraphena

Jul 20, 2003
    Oh my, poor Shai, could he be falling for the villianess in the story. [face_shocked]
    :D

8. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    She's made contact, and Shai probably won't even mention the incident (not even in passing) to anyone in his family.

Even things that seem insignificant, turn out to be important.

~Bek

9. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Yep, red blooded human male, even if he is a clone. ;)

Great post, OE! Can't wait for more!

Shaindl

10. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    *seconds Shaindl*

forgetful...hot...typical male...doesn't even realize when the coughgagprettygagcough woman is hitting upon him...

Well at least still acts human...unlike some members of the Jedi Council when they get their credit card statement this month...or Des for that matter...

11. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    She definitely gives me the creeps. :(

12. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    That was too close! I'm sure that encounter will leave Sahi rather confuzzled for awhile, wondering if what he saw was real, or if it was just his imagination. And I wonder how much Hale saw. This is not good!

--later--

13. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Yikes. [face_shocked] She gives me the creeps. And Shai - come on, bud, you're falling for the Evil Villainess! Bet she won't seem so intriguing once she has Anakin trapped in the ship like a fly in a glass jar.

JadeSolo: TARIN (to Anakin)
    Hello. My name is Tarin. You shagged my mother. Prepare to die.

To which Shai says, "Inconceivable!!"

[face_laugh]

14. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    Our little Obitot is falling for the villian! Ew... Ew... Ew! Ah well, makes for good angst.

15. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Was Hale just impatiened or was she a bit jelous? Does she have a crush on Shai?

[face_love] Vadey

16. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    It's time for name that film...

I believe that is from Eye of the Beholder...

17. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    You're a sucker for a pretty face! Ah, yes, but 'twas the raspy voice and the pirate's swagger that doth stole my heart [face_love] [face_love]

Now even Shai's seeing some action? :eek: He's always got his head buried in some scientific stuff--I hope he knows what to do with a girl. Then again, he's got Master Libido training him :p

And Jivan still doesn't have anyone. Poor baby :D Have another cookiee, Ji! Don't worry, OE, they're sugar free! ;)

EDIT: The movie is "Solid Geometry." Fitting for our science boy, no?

18. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    No there not...unless you got a new batch...course there is still some chocolate chocolate chip ones he can have...

[edit] Much better than Eye...I was wrong! No...I must now jump in the pit of molten Lava...or return the council's credit card...

19. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    Go for the lava. You never know when we'll need the credit card again ;)

20. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    She was sure free with her hands. First feeling him up to make sure that he wasn't hurt. Then she just had to brush the dirt off his clothes! How can Anakin have such a naive apprentice?

21. Seraphena

Jul 20, 2003
    I'm going to think that Shai is pretty clueless when it comes to girls, I don't think his Master is the type to be able to have the "Talk" especially with his apprentice being who and what he is.

22. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Hmmmmmmm................................................................. Oh yeah, ***snickers as she realizes this will make o_e mad and hugs and kisses Jivan and gives him lots and lots and lots of SWEETS*** HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Seraphena Maybe! ;)

Bekah Too true! :(

Shaindl Thanks! :)

Phoenix Poor Des! :p

Sheila Good! [face_devil]

DL Not good at all! :eek:

HHP Bet she loses her appeal quick! ;)

Thalia Let's hope.

Vadey Just impatient is Hale. :)

Jade Maybe his scientific studies included Human anatomy 101 . [face_laugh]

PK Anakin must have hid his indiscretions from Shai. :D

Seraphena Good point!

dp Bad pony! :mad:

Bear with me for the next few posts. They are those dreaded but necessary set up posts!

CHAPTER NINE

Setting his travel bag down at the end of his bed, Obi-Wan glanced around the rooms he had been given with interest. Large and elegantly furnished, every piece of furniture and decoration were of high quality and tasteful. It was obvious that OffWorld and Desimir were flourishing.

He sensed a familiar and strong presence in the Force seconds before his door chime sounded. Smiling faintly, he waved his hand and moved into the living area as Anakin made his way inside.

?Everything alright here Master?? his former apprentice inquired as he glanced around.

?Very much so Padawan. Des certainly has a beautiful home.?

Dropping down on the couch, Anakin answered with a disgruntled snort. ?He should. He?s so tight with his credits, he squeaks when he walks!?

Chuckling, Obi-Wan took a seat across from the younger man, eyeing him with a scolding look.

?Shai mentioned in passing that the two of you have kept him busy breaking up your scuffles. You really should at least attempt to set a better example for your apprentice Anakin.?

?I can?t help it Master!? Anakin protested with a long suffering sigh. ?He?s so... arrogant, sarcastic, self-absorbed, and he thinks he?s always right!?

Noticing the bemused look that clouded his mentor?s features, Anakin eyed him curiously. ?What?s wrong??

Shaking himself, Obi-Wan shrugged and fought to hold back a grin. ?I?m sorry Anakin. For a minute there I was confused and thought you were describing yourself.?

Staring at him with a hurt look, Anakin shifted in his seat. ? Thanks Master, I appreciate that.?

?You and Des are too much alike Anakin, that?s why you are always in conflict,? Obi-Wan told him gently but firmly.

Nodding in reluctant agreement, Anakin gave his former master a warm look. ?I can?t thank you enough for bringing my mother along.?

?It was my pleasure Padawan,? Obi-Wan assured him, his expression growing serious. ?Do you want to discuss what is bothering you??

Shrugging, the younger man stared down at his clasped hands.

?When Padme arrived and I introduced her to Shai, her reaction made me stop and take a long look at him. I realized that he is no longer a little boy but a young man. In a few years he will take his Trials and go out on his own.?

Lifting his head, his gaze was faintly pleading. ?I had to ask myself what kind of job have I done in preparing him for life? You just said yourself that I have oft times been a bad example as far as behavior ,and thinking ahead certainly has never been my strong point! To this day I still don?t know what the Council was thinking by turning such a special child over to me for training.?

Obi-Wan stared at him fondly for several minutes before replying. ?Anakin, I know what I?m about to say may come as a surprise to you, but it?s past time you heard it.?

Eyes wide, Anakin leaned forward in anticipation as Obi-Wan held his gaze.

?Shai is not perfect,? Obi-Wan began, holding up a hand when his former apprentice opened his mouth to interrupt. ?Listen to me for a moment please. You view him through rose colored glass and only see the good, completely overlooking his flaws. The truth of the matter is, he has bad qualities just like you and me which only means that he is a normal eighteen year old male.?

Seeing the denial that gleamed in Anakin?s eyes, Obi-Wan sighed before continuing. ?He is far too serious for

24. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    A/O mush...and I liked it...Armageddon is slowly approaching :p

He?s so tight with his credits, he squeaks when he walks!? I just spit coffee all over my keyboard. Thanks :p Hey Anakin, maybe it's the leather pants that are squeaking [face_love]

Shai has faults? No way! :D It's funny how Shai is certainly not Obi-Wan personality-wise, and yet they kind of share the same flaws. Obi-Wan was very serious at a young age, esp after leaving the Order that one time, because he was so concerned with following the rules (if we go by the JA books). Obi-Wan also had trouble trusting people at first glance, unlike Qui-Gon, who would let them tag along with the Jedi on a mission. And of course, the temper--Obi-Wan has mellowed, but he's still quite the Rogue Obi [face_love] When are we going to see Shai's temper? He's such a sweetie, I can't imagine him getting medieval on someone's ass [face_laugh]

25. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    :eek: I was remiss and failed to mention that our Jade has begun a new fic over on the Before the Saga Board! I enjoyed the first posty very much! :) Go check it out guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.