main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Besides Yoda, Who else was a really powerful non-human Jedi??

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ceifer, Dec 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceifer

Ceifer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    This question is a bit similar to my other question about powerful female Jedi. Most of the most powerful Jedi have been male, human males that is. Yoda is the only "alien" Jedi Master that I know that was extremly powerful with the Force. Though, I am assuming that all of the "alien" Jedi Masters of the Jedi Council during the prequals are all extremly powerful with the Force. Not much is known about the Jedi council members yet. Hopefully after AOTC is released a lot more EU stories will come out and tell about each of the Jedi Council members in great detail.

BTW, Plo Kloon is the most bad ass looking Jedi Master. Hence why I am presently using him as my icon. :D

2. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Master Thon (managed to survive the Sith War :) )
    Master Vodo (lost to Exar Kun, but even so)
    Master Ood (combat was not his skill but denied Exar Kun his prize of lightsabers)

There were several other non-human Jedi shown in the Sith War era but how powerful the Jedi Master seen being purged were (like Master Dominus) if they couldn't protect themselves from the purge, and how powerful the Jedi doing the purging would be if they hadn't been possessed by ancient Sith Spirits released by Exar Kun, is debatable- so I don't think we can say if they were really powerful.

3. darthparth

darthparth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    I believe a Master Anoon Bondara, a twi-lek, in DM:SH was a very skilled Jedi, especially when it came to lightsaber dueling. But he was killed by Maul.

In the NJO, cilghal is supposed to pretty powerful.

I can't really think of any more, except for the early era masters previously mentioned.

4. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    It's said that Plo Koon was a great Jedi warrior, and he isn't human.

5. Mateo

Mateo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    In Darkness Master Zao is very powerfull,hes a blind dog faced alien with a walking stick complete with built in lightsaber in it, Jedi Council Member Saesee Tinn is a jedi master with strong telepathic powers enhanced by his races natural telepathic ability, his horns also make him powerfull enough to violently headbutt enemies in battle and knock them out or just spear them in the gut,Ouch.

6. Tana_the_Jedi

Tana_the_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2001
    Lord Jarec, and Master Ikrit.

7. Dark_JEDI_OZ

Dark_JEDI_OZ Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 27, 2001
    I'd assume Kai-Adi Mundi (sp?) is pretty powerful seeing he sits to the immediate right of Yoda in the council chambers.

8. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Lord jerec has never been confirmed to be an alien by the way. Nothing says why he is blind or what species he is. He could be human, born without eyes from birth. He could be from a species of blind near-humans. He could have lost his eyes in some freak accident while he was a jedi. But how he lost his eyes is not known. If he is alien or human is not known.

9. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    I seem to remember, from the audiobook;
    "...I joined the Navy because I heard it was all humans."
    "Yeah, and then we end up on the one ship that's hosting an alien. That Lord Jarec sends chills down my spine. He may be blind, but they say he sees everything!"
    "I heard he was one of the Emperor's Dark Jedi..."
    I think she's right.

10. Domenic

Domenic Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2001
    Is Jarec simply a misspelling by forum members or some kind of variation?

11. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    They were refering to thrawn. Thrawn was captain on jerec's ship. They talk about thrawn for a bit, then the conversation then switches over to jerec. Your above quotes missed about 3/4 the conversation.

The actual conversation was closer to:

"If I have to suck up to that blue skinned spit and polish captain again, I don't know what I'll do."

"Yeah, and then we end up on the one ship that's hosting an alien."

"Well he at least looks human except for those red eyes and blue skin"

Then goes on longer from there.

Jarec would be a mispelling.

12. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    My bad. That was a funny conversation. Then they said something about "black and blue". I'm gonna go listen to it again...

13. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Ya cool conversation.

I went and looked up jerec in the darkside sourcebook, and he is indeed listed as human male.

14. Tana_the_Jedi

Nov 23, 2001
    Newbies being shot down again, eh Shinny? We're so screwed... :(

15. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    no, it's not a newbie thing, for indeed I've seen long time board members try to mix the lines and use that same quote to try to prove that jerec was alien before, LOL.

So don't feel too bad.

16. Tana_the_Jedi

Nov 23, 2001
    Thanks, Val!
    You're so nice :)... I could just hug you!

17. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    You're welcome.

-sorry, and I was just answering domenic's question previously.

18. Tana_the_Jedi

Nov 23, 2001
    "Your welcome."

Ooh, nice grammar there. Who's mispelling things now :)? Am I making you nervous with the idea huggage or something? Okay, I'll stop... why don't men like hugging?

19. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    I love hugging by the way, ;).

20. Tana_the_Jedi

Nov 23, 2001
    Okay, you're on my "A-list" :).

21. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

why don't men like hugging?

I hug my wife every day...is that odd?

22. Tana_the_Jedi

Nov 23, 2001
    No, I mean it just seems wierd how men won't hug when you hug them to say "hi" after you haven't seen them in a long time or whatever. Usually. But I like guys who hug! It's sweet!

23. Mateo

Mateo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    There is a humanoid race mentioned in TOTJ that can see by using the Force but is born without eyes,a Jedi Master is one of these but i forget her name, Jerec could be a member of that race and just thought of as a Human because he looks like one except for his lack of eyes.

Also Jedi Master Volfe Karkkos was a powerfull Anzati jedi but he drank the soup of other jedi and fell to the Dark Side becoming a Dark Jedi Master.

24. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    You speak of the mirakula. Near-human race(star wars term setting someone aside from being base-line human).

Mirakula are born without any eyesockets, or eyeballs, just big forhead of flesh where eyes would be in normal baseline human.

There home planet circled a dieing red giant 5000 years before anh. Which is probably either cooled to the point that mirakula home planet doesn't support life anymore(freezed over), or sun nova'ed destroying life on the planet.

jerec had eyesockets, and is declared human in his character bio, not his personal thoughts, so we do know what lfl's intention of him being is at the moment.

But the star wars universe is forever evolving if they decide to make him alien later on, who am I to argue?

But until then he is officially human.

Beyond that there is any way he could have lost his eyes:

1. Born without them because of some human-birth defect disorder(they do exist in real health), and as one knows if you are born without hands you would still be human.

2. Lost them in a freak accident.

3. tremayne might have removed them as punishment during jerec's interrogations by the inquisitorias.

25. Kast_Morben

Kast_Morben Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Ki Adi Mundi only sits next to Yoda on the council because he is taking the place of Master Micah Giiett (Human Male). The seating of the members of the council doesn't mean anything to do with power or ability (with the exception that Mace Windu and Yoda, the two senior council members, sit next to one and other)

I just love the Jedi Council around TPM, so much so I'm writing a fanfic about a secondary council who are sent off to the rim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.