main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Best chapter and ranking (Season 2)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by 3sm1r, Dec 18, 2020.

?

Best Chapter?

1. Chapter 9: The Marshal

7.5%
  2. Chapter 10: The Passenger

1.5%
  3. Chapter 11: The Heiress

7.5%
  4. Chapter 12: The Siege

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Chapter 13: The Jedi

22.4%
  6. Chapter 14: The Tragedy

1.5%
  7. Chapter 15: The Believer

10.4%
  8. Chapter 16: The Rescue

49.3%
  1. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    Peyton reed should direct a Star Wars movie

2. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    The Jedi was my favorite, and favorite of the series. It has the best production design, best world building, best action scenes, and best fan service imo. Dawson's performance is a tad smothered under the costume/makeup, but it's good, and Biehn makes an eerily nostalgic appearance like a ghost from another world. It also has the best Baby Yoda content of the series because he is able to finally meet with another mystical character.

Second place goes to The Child, as its inventive incorporation of Star Wars material is hilarious, inventive and uncompromising, along with excellent action sequences and intriguing world building. Did the rest of my rankings in the other thread.

3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Famuyiwa deserves either his own Star Wars show, or film.

4. Zoe Con

Zoe Con Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 5, 2020
    1. The Rescue - Still can't believe the ending of this one. Emotionally resonant for me.
    2. The Jedi - impressed with Ahsoka, solidifying the bond between Grogu and Din.
    3. The Believer - great action, Bill Burr 's performance, Din's character development.
    4. The Tragedy
    5. The Heiress
    6. The Marshall
    7. The Seige
    8. The Passenger

I enjoyed all these episodes with the top three that resonated with me most. There was something from each episode that I quite enjoyed.

Wonder how they are going to top this next season. But I'm sure Favreau and Filoni know what they are doing.

5. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    My top 3 for different reasons:

1. The Marshal - best directed
    2. The Tragedy - best narrative
    3. The Believer - best character development

6. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Here we go.

1. Chapter 9: The Marshal
    2. Chapter 11: The Heiress
    3. Chapter 13:The Jedi
    4. Chapter 16: The Rescue
    5. Chapter 15: The Believer
    6. Chapter 12: The Siege
    7. Chapter 14: The Tragedy
    8. Chapter 10: The Passenger

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
    DarthFixxxer likes this.
  7. MachoManMace

MachoManMace Jedi Youngling

Jan 27, 2021
    Best chapter of Season 2: Ahsoka's episode ("The Jedi")

My ranking of Season 2:
    1. The Jedi
    2. The Tragedy
    3. The Heiress
    4. The Believer
    5. The Marshall
    6. The Siege
    7. The Passenger
    8. The Rescue

All 10/10 episodes, BTW.

8. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    They're all great. My top three would be The Jedi, The Heiress, and The Believer. The Passenger being my least favorite, and I liked it plenty.

9. Cyber Spark

Cyber Spark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2020
    1. The Rescue
    2. The Tragedy
    3. The Believer
    4. The Jedi
    5. The Heiress
    6. The Marshal
    7. The Siege
    8. The Passenger

All great episodes, none of them are bad by any means.

10. Lobey-One Kenobi

Lobey-One Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    1. The Rescue
    2. The Jedi
    3. The Believer
    4. The Marshal
    5. The Tragedy
    6. The Siege
    7. The Heiress
    8. The Passenger

Loved them all, even though I felt like at times it's a bit too easy for the good guys.

11. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    Top 3:
    The Siege
    The Jedi
    The Rescue

12. TripleZero

TripleZero Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 13, 2017
    I thought The Jedi was going to be the most incredible episode the show could offer but The Rescue had one scene that changed it all:
    [​IMG]

I genuinely didn't expect the Din's goodbye to Grogu to be so powerful. Between him taking off his helmet and Grogu touching his face was as bittersweet as it can get. May very well be my favorite non-movie moment in all of Star Wars.

13. Darth Derringer

Darth Derringer Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 9, 1999
    IMHO, Mandalorian Season 2 was The Best Season of a TV series ever. In all seriousness, it made this disillusioned fan fall in love with Star Wars again.
    My ranking:
    1. The Jedi.
    This episode was the best directed, had the best production design, had the best fight sequences, was the best acted, and featured the best story. And on top of all that, it featured the live-action introduction of Ohsoka Tano. An absolute Dave Filoni masterpiece.
    2. The Believer. This 'little prelude' leading up to the season's grand finale grows in stature with each viewing. Rick Famuyiwa penned one of the best scripts ever written for Star Wars and Bill Burr was sensational.
    3. The Rescue. The first 2/3rds of this episode was good but, frankly, failed to live up to the tremendous lead-up of excitement and anticipation surrounding it by its legions of fans. However, its conclusion - Luke's return and Mando and Grogu's tearful good-bye - was as stirring as anything we've ever seen in a Star Wars movie or TV episode. Ludwig's always-stellar soundtrack was particularly brilliant and stood out in this one.
    4. The Tragedy. Most fans went into this episode expecting a 'breather' following on the heels of The Jedi, but instead we were treated to back-to-back Classics with the triumphant return of Boba Fett. Director, Robert Rodriguez gave long-time SW fans the "Fastest Gun in the West" bounty hunter they'd always imagined existed 40 years ago but never saw on film.
    5. The Heiress. On its first airing, this Brice Dallas Howard episode set itself apart as one of the series' best. (Who knew back then how amazing the last half of the season would be?) The production design was particularly evocative given its unique water world setting and the Mandalorian fight sequences were riveting.
    6. The Passenger. This was designed to be a little 'new creature of the week' episode. But the comedic elements in this one -- plus the cute acting we got from the woman playing the frog lady -- made this one a lot of fun.
    7. The Marshal. On its first airing, this episode felt like a mini-Star Wars movie given its sweeping scope and monster villain. A well-done action episode. It would have been mind-boggling at the time to learn that I would later rank it seventh out of the season's eight episodes.
    8. The Siege. The hallmark of a great season is when my lowest ranked episode is still a damn good one. I liked the camaraderie among Mando's team, and particularly enjoyed the return of Mythrol, Mando's bounty from S1:E1.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021