main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best Finale and End Credits

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by DarthSheev, Apr 30, 2015.

?

Which Finale and End Credits is the best in the saga?

1. The Throne Room/End Title

12.5%
  2. The Rebel Fleet/End Title

42.0%
  3. Victory Celebration/End Title

15.9%
  4. Augie's Great Municipal Band/End Credits

8.0%
  5. Confrontation With Count Dooku and Finale

17.0%
  6. A New Hope and End Credits

4.5%
  1. DarthSheev

DarthSheev Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 9, 2015
    Which Star Wars film has the best finale and end credits music in the saga?

For me it would be TESB for The Rebel Fleet/End Title. I love the grand, epic and solemn reprise of the love theme followed by the classic Star Wars main title/Rebel fanfare transition into the end credits. Yoda's theme in a unique, almost march-like treatment followed by the Imperial March and a glorious love theme before the great ending with those fantastic drums. =D=

ArtSchmo likes this.
  2. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    ESB for the end suite and AOTC for the transition to the end suite.

TX-20, sethg, Alienware and 5 others like this.
  3. sharkymcshark

sharkymcshark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2013
    Can't choose!

Taken as a whole TPM's and AOTC's don't move me at all, in the slightest.

ESB, ROTS and ANH (in that order) all have amazing end score suites.

The ROTS ending is kind of naff though - I've always been oddly bugged by it because I didn't feel that Owen and Beru were significant enough characters to end on for it to have the gravity that matches the score (even if it did mirror the Luke in ANH looking at the twin sunset scene).

The ROTJ ending itself is very good (pre Christiansen insertion) but I don't like the score as much as the others.

This leaves ESB and ANH as the winners in terms of the complete package really.

Tito-Wan Kenobi likes this.
  4. ArtSchmo

ArtSchmo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 2, 2015
    Oh, it has to be Rebel Fleet and End Title.
    The ending to The Empire Strikes Back features some of the most recognizable cues from the saga as a whole, and I find that - just as with the film itself - the soundtrack from Empire is the one I listen to the most frequently. That may change with The Force Awakens, but I highly doubt that. Not that I think TFA is going to fail, mind you. Empire just happens to be the greatest motion picture ever made : D

DarthSheev likes this.
  5. L110

L110 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 26, 2014
    Return of the Jedi form me. Not the theatrical cut.

6. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    ESB - the musical cue at the very end of the credits has been used repeatedly ever since for multiple SW trailers (the SE's and the PT), with good reason. Genuinely epic, in the literal sense. The rest of the credits music also includes some of the most iconic themes of the whole Saga.

Best finale music (pre-credits), however - Throne Room from SW/ANH (which is a bombastic version of the Force Theme). No contest. Really wish they'd finished ROTJ with a similar variation on it, instead of the cutesy/silly Yub Nub (OOT) or the limp Victory Celebration (SE).

7. Queen Apailana

Queen Apailana Jedi Master star 1

Mar 8, 2015
    Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale is my favorite. The music captures the scenes beautifully, and I love the Across the Stars theme. Victory Celebration and End Title is a close second. With that said, I love all the finale/end credits. Each is a perfect ending for the particular movie.

Alienware and mes520 like this.
  8. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    From favorite to least favorite:

Victory Celebration/End Title: I just love this song. It is very happy sounding, but also sad, which is how I feel every time at the end of the movie. And I like how it starts with kids singing (even though I know it's not actually in the movie) and then adults singing. To me, that symbolizes a maturing of the characters from where they started in ANH to where they end up in ROTJ.

Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale: I like the Force theme at the beginning, the spooky music that ties in so well with ROTS, The Imperial March, and of course Across the Stars is just brilliant and epic. And I like how in the End Title part it ends with a bit of Anakin's Theme laced with Across the Stars.

The Rebel Fleet/End Title: Epic love theme played loudly - can you really go wrong? Plus I like The Imperial March, Yoda's Theme, and Han and Leia's theme played in the actual credits part.

Augie's Great Municipal Band/End Credits: Love the cheerfulness and joy expressed in the song. It's just so....happy. At least the Band part anyway. The credits part is a bit more serious sounding.

The Throne Room/End Title: Like the sense of victory and I tend to hum along with this song.

A New Hope and End Credits: I like the actual "A New Hope" part (Leia's Theme and Luke's Theme is very nice) but I don't care much for the "End Credits" part. I don't like that he reused "The Throne Room". I get he was trying to tie in to the next film, but I think that piece should be reserved, for, well, the throne room. And I definitely don't like that it seems like he used it twice.

9. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale: It starts off all magical then turns all mysterious with Sidious. Obi-Wan and the Masters in the Temple, reflecting on the clones and battle, "Begun the Clone Wars has." I love it leads into Imperial March and how it transitions into Across the Stars with Anakin and Padme's over on Naboo.

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    This. Though have to give a nod to ANH for finale. Love it! ROTS is good as well.

11. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    1. The Throne Room
    2. The Rebel Fleet
    3. A New Hope
    4. Confrontation With Count Dooku
    5. Ewok/Victory Celebration
    6. Augie

12. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Wow. I'm quite surprised to see the ESB ending score is the winner here so far!

I would've thought the Throne room finale would be a clear winner...that was my vote. Also some of my all time favorite bit of score

Sarge likes this.
  13. Darth Palpadious

Darth Palpadious Jedi Master star 3

May 31, 2013
    Definitely Rebel Fleet/End Titles. Four absolutely classic movie themes all on display together - it's a real highlight of the film and a true showcase of Williams' achievements. Going straight from the End Fanfare to Yoda's Theme to Imperial March to Han/Leia with barely a pause for breath, all with huge full-blown renditions, is just staggering. And those last 30 seconds are iconic as well, purely due to their perennial use for trailers!

14. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    Victory Celebration for me. It's a little sombre at first, but ultimately has an air of triumph as they look toward the future. AOTC's and ANH's are close behind though.

15. Tho Yor

Tho Yor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    The Rebel Fleet / End Title is my favourite overall, for the momentum that builds with theme up to the sweeping rendition of Han Solo and the Princess and finally that unforgettable brass fanfare at the end which, as other posters have commented, was used to mouth-watering effect in the TPM trailers.

BUT I do love Throne Room and in particular the incredible short statement of Princess Leia's theme. The melody is played on cello, with a flute chiming in with the Rebel motif, and high strings that combine with the cello melody amazingly.

16. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I like Confrontation with Count Dooku the most. It covers more musical ground than any of the others (purely before the credits at least).

The strains of the force theme as Yoda struggles to lift the the column. The sort-of 'slimy' music that plays when the solar sail opens and Dooku escapes. The despair when Padme enters the hangar. The dark sinister chants of Sidious' theme, showing that the dark heart of Coruscant is where the real menace was all along. The otherworldly chanting that plays in The LiMerge building. The apprehensive tone in the council chambers. The heavy military beat as the Imperial march first plays. And Across the Stars playing one last time, with a hint of risk and danger about it, during the lover's wedding.

Truly, a masterpiece.

17. Isaiah9823

Isaiah9823 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2015
    I love ROTJ because of 1:55!

18. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I've always loved the suite at the end of Attack of the Clones - more specifically, I love the brief cut of it that was adapted for the end of the first episode in the Tartakovsky microseries, when Anakin and Padme are saying goodbye. Very powerful.

[​IMG]

Davak24, mes520 and Force Smuggler like this.
  19. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Gonna have to go with Rebel Fleet / End Title for music but I do really like pretty much all of them except for The Phantom Menace's. I mean, it was okay, but the others were much, much better.

20. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    So it's not just me then. Maybe that's why that is the one bit of JW music I find to be incredibly cheesy? Lol

As for the question itself, I'm going to have to echo my choice in the "Favorite Star Wars Soundtrack" thread and go with The Phantom Menace. Goes from joyful at Naboo having won the conflict against the Federation (Augie), to the sinnister/epic nature of the Sith revealing themselves again (Duel of the Fates), to innocent of what is to come (Anakin's theme). Really sums up the movie nicely.

21. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Well, for the prequels, it would totally be the Attack Of The Clones ending and music. I just love imperial march in tragic mode where it foreshadows the future.

Alienware likes this.
  22. Xinau

Xinau Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2015

Little late to the thread, but yeah. I think that's my favorite setting of the Imperial march (the one in AOTC -- "birth of the Empire"), and that horn figure that ends in that big 4-3 suspension just as the end credits pop...wow. Girlfriend at the time was a Master's student at Manhattan School of Music, heard it coming a bar or two away and just goes "Nice....." under her breath. Chills. Never forget it.

Alienware, sethg and Howard Hand like this.
  23. Azure_Angelus

Azure_Angelus Jedi Master star 1

Sep 13, 2008
    Tough choice, but I'd have to say TPM has a great finale. Sure, on the surface, it looks childish, like a Disneyland parade or something, but because the viewer is privy to information that the characters aren't, it has a sinister feel. They're all celebrating, completely unaware that things are about to get a lot worse, and Palpatine is standing around, grinning, pretending to be a nice guy. There's definitely something creepy about that ending.

24. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    Palps telling Skywalker "We will watch your career with great interest" helps this scene because of the future events known to the audience.

Alienware and mes520 like this.
  25. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012

Not to mention the music, Augie's Great Municipal Band is a light hearted version of the Emperor's Theme.

Alienware and Davak24 like this.