main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Betrayal (Luke, Mara, Karrde, Leia, Han and others)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks. I am trying to tie up all the loose ends and find an ending to this story. Thank you for reading and taking the time to review.

Coronet City Medical Center, Corellia

“You two go ahead,” Talon said to Mara and Luke as they exited the hospital. “I’m going to stick around and hopefully get a chance to talk Karrina today.”

Luke gave a nod. “Okay. Contact me if you need a ride back to your ship." As Talon disappeared down the street, Luke turned his attention back to Mara. “We should go back to the Death Star. I need to tell my father about Leia and Han.”

Her brow rose in surprise. “You didn’t tell him yet?”

He shook his head. “I wanted to wait until the Grand Admiral gave his speech. I knew if I told my father then Thrawn would be informed. I didn’t want him to have to avoid questions when he addressed the public.”

“That was probably a good idea," Mara commented as they moved down the overcrowded street toward the imperial docking bay where their shuttle was berthed.

Luke glanced over to Mara. “Sorry about your introduction to Colonel Shotts.”

Her brow furrowed in confusion. “What are you sorry about?”

He stepped closer and reached out and grasped her hand, halting their stroll. He wanted to pull her into his arms, but he was in uniform and military regulations were strict about public displays of affection. “I introduced you as everything but what you truly are to me. It didn’t feel right to introduce you as a girlfriend, not because I don’t love you, but because you mean so much more to me than that particular title would indicate.”

She raised an eyebrow. “What title would be more appropriate?”

He looked up to the sky that was now ablaze with the setting sun. “I would prefer wife, but I would settle for fiancée.”

She groaned and turned away.

“What?”

She turned back to him. “Did you really just propose to me on the sidewalk of a busy downtown street?”

A sheepish expression crossed his face. “Maybe. If I did, would you say yes.”

She folded her arms across her chest and glared at him. “Skywalker, I am not giving you an answer to that particular question here and now because I’m not going to tell our future children how completely unromantic their father’s proposal was.”

A mischievous grin split his face. “I can think of some very romantic situations in which I could pop the question, but all the scenarios I envision would be completely improper to discuss with children.”

Her lips twitched with amusement. “Really? I guess we can rehearse some of those scenarios.”

He smiled widely, knowing he had his answer even if it wasn’t official. “Let’s get back to the battle station. After I talk to my father, we can have dinner delivered to your room along with a bottle of sparkling wine…and we can discuss our future.”

She nodded approvingly. “That sounds much better.”

Talon Karrde paced the hospital corridors while sneaking peeks into Karrina’s room. He was hoping to catch her alone, but her father was determined to stay at her bedside. Eventually, the Colonel caught a glimpse of him prompting Talon to duck back around the corner. He blew out a nervous breath, knowing his actions had to appear foolish…a grown man ducking for cover to avoid his girlfriend’s father. He squared his shoulders and came back into full view. Through the clari-crystalline doors he could see Karrina’s father whispering something to her before kissing her on the forehead and leaving the room.

The retired officer walked up to Karrde, giving him a curt nod. “Sorry that I have been preoccupying all her time. The doctors said she’s starting physical therapy tomorrow and the remainder of the week will be spent getting fitted for prostheses. This might be the only day she won’t be busy.” He reached up and put a hand on Talon’s shoulder. “I’ll give you some time together. She has questions about the attack, and I don’t have any answers.”

“Thank you,” Karrde replied as he watched the older man walk away. He fought down his nervousness as he approached her room, knocking lightly at the door before entering.

She smiled widely. “Hi.”

“Hello, yourself,” he said mirroring her smile as he sat in a chair next to her bed. “How are you feeling?”

She shrugged. “I am thoroughly medicated, so I’m not in pain.”

“That’s good,” he said before lapsing into an uncomfortable silence, not knowing what to say. Luckily, Karrina was never one to be at a loss of words.

“My father said you were outside stalking the halls.”

Karrde put a hand to his chest and gave a mock expression of offense. “I was not stalking the halls. That sounds so…unseemly. I was lurking.”

“I have a lurker.” Her laughter trailed off. “We were together when the attack happened?”

His face became solemn. “We were dining in a tavern when the insurgents did a space-to-ground attack. The Imperial Training Center was the target, but we were close enough to be collateral damage. The building we were in had the roof blown off. A support beam fell crushing your arm and foot.” Talon took a deep breath and blew it out slowly. This is the first time he told anybody what happened in any detail. “There was a lot of blood…so much blood. I improvised a tourniquet to stop the bleeding from your leg. Luckily medics arrived within five minutes.”

She gave him a soft smile. “You saved my life.”

He blushed slightly. “I don’t know about that. I just kept you alive long enough for the medics to arrive. They are the ones who truly saved you.”

“Handsome and humble.”

His smile widened. “I don’t think I have ever been accused of being humble…handsome, yes, but not humble.”

They lapsed into another long pause before she broke the silence. “My father said I was dating you.”

Talon nodded, not knowing how much he should tell her.

“Were we…intimate?”

He felt a hot blush heat his face. “Umm…yes, but I don’t expect for us to start where we left off.”

Her smile faded a bit as she held up her mangled right arm. “Is that because of this?”

Talon was taken aback by the question and answered a bit harsher than he intended. “No! Karrina, not at all! We had something special together and…” he waved toward her injuries. “None of this diminishes the way I feel about you.”

“Sorry,” she said quickly. “I’m a bit overwhelmed over my disfigurement. I didn’t mean to…”

“No, no. I’m sorry.” Karrde cut her off apologetically before running a hand over his face in frustration. “I didn’t mean to snap at you." He took a long calming breath before continuing. "I didn’t want to rush back into a relationship because of the circumstances. I don’t feel it’s proper for me to say to a woman with amnesia ‘Hi, I’m Talon. I know you don’t remember me, but we used to have mind-blowing sex for hours on end and I can’t wait until we can do that again.’

She struggled to keep a straight face before breaking out in laughter. “I guess that would be an awkward way to get reacquainted.” Her smile lapsed as her melancholy returned. “Dad held up a mirror for me. There are scars on my face that the bacta couldn’t fully heal. I look like a circus trainer mauled by a performing nexu.”

Talon rose from his chair and approached her bed so he could reach out and lovingly caressed her cheek. “No, you look like the girlfriend of a roguish smuggler.”

She furrowed her brow. “I thought you were an Imperial trader.”

He smiled widely. “I am…now. Before I was a smuggler. I went legit so I could see you more often.” He pulled his hand away, thinking it perhaps was too much too soon.

“You mentioned a Keyton cybernetic eye…are they really giving those out to military personnel?”

He hesitated slightly, wondering what to tell her. “I will make sure you get one…I have connections.”

She gave him a knowing look. “You mean the Supreme Commander? He never introduced himself while here, but I recognize him from the holos.”

“Yes…I know him mainly through the woman he was with, Mara Jade. She was my employee until recently. It seems your Supreme Commander is smitten with her.”

“I can see why…she is very beautiful.” She shifted in the bed until she was facing him fully. “For the longest time I was against a former rebel having authority over the military he once swore to destroy…but I have to admit, he has done a lot of good.”

“He’s trying to make amends for his part in the rebellion.” He looked at the chrono on the wall and realized it was way past visiting hours. “It is getting late. I should let you sleep. Work on getting better. We have time to get reacquainted…gradually and naturally

“Okay,” she said softly.

He considered what type of farewell would be proper. He wanted to kiss her but decided to instead reach out and gave her uninjured left hand a gentle squeeze. “I’ll always be here for you, Karrina.”

“I know," she said softly, her uninjured eye misting over. "I don’t know how I know, but I believe you.”

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    JadeSphera and mayo_durron_666 like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Very realistic and hopeful for Talon and Karrina

3. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    Apologies it's been ages!
    All caught up, again lol. [face_batting]
    Loved that Kenobi approved of Mara getting his saber & his sly request for them to name their child after him. [face_laugh]
    Glad Mara decided to rejoin the Imperials, I like the Commander of the Imperial Knights idea. :D
    So relieved Talon knew where Leia & Han were, awkward situation though, wonder how Leia will take the Vader 'being dad' news and then the idea of a trial. I don't see her or Han letting go of rebel life easily or being okay with prison/exile. [face_thinking]
    I like that Talon got to see Karrina again, good to see them vibing, hopefully they can rekindle their closer relationship with time.
    Luke's lame proposal and Mara's response had me chuckling! [face_laugh] He's got to work on his romantic gestures!
    Enjoyed these updates a lot, cheers!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
  4. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    No matter how well Luke dresses, his title, or his living arrangement, he is still a farm boy. Got to love him . Sounds like Talon has got a great handle on Karrina condition. Things look good for him on that level. Let’s just hope Vader is as understanding about what he did with Leia as Luke is . Do not think he would care about Han being on ice. Would probably love that. Great job!

5. JadeSphera

JadeSphera Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 10, 2018
    Yei!! Mara's got a lightsaber!
    I love it that it was Vader the one who gave it to her.
    Great choice! =D=

P.S. My apologies for being away this long. I've been sick, but feeling much better now. No COVID fortunately, but it was something bad and weakening. But I'm back and wanting to know where you have taken this story. Will catch up and post as I go. Thank you for writing this! [face_love]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
  6. JadeSphera

Dec 10, 2018
    Oh gosh! I really like how you write their relationship. How Mara is so calm and ready to supoort Luke, and how Luke despite his outrage finds a way to listen and think about doing the right thing, as always. [face_love]

Great, great writing! =D=

7. JadeSphera

Dec 10, 2018
    Oh, this is so true! I cannot imagine Luke without Mara in his life! It took them a long time, but in the end it was so wonderfully satisfying that they ended up together. [face_love]
    And they are so, so sexy together [face_mischief] You portray this in your writing so exquisitely [face_batting]

Great update! =D=

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  8. JadeSphera

Dec 10, 2018
    I had forgotten all about that rule about posting only once per thread, per day, then I stopped and have done one final post for everything. Sorry about forgetting, but I’ve been away for quite a while and my mind is still kind of hazy.

Ok, now down to your story.

First of all, it's so great to read something this interesting and well written. I love how you pull us into the scene, the dialogues imply the relationships perfectly. So great! =D=

I love how you portray Luke as a man in the military, how all of his values permeate everything he does. It's wonderful to read him like this, so true to character.

And again, I just love, love, love how you write Luke and Mara together. Their complicity, their understanding of each other... *sigh* [face_love][face_love]

Karrde and his crew are also great here. So much fun reading them, you made me crack up a few times [face_laugh]

The scene with Karrde, Luke and Mara was very intense. For a moment I didn't know what was going to happen, and the resolution was wonderful.

This Han and Leia situation is really putting Luke against the wall. What is he going to do about it? [face_nail_biting]

For a moment my own heart sank when Karrina didn't recognize Karrde, but then the look... [face_mischief][face_batting]

Oh, such a great reading! I love where you have taken your story, it is interesting, engaging, and you write every character so well. I'm really enjoying this and look forward to reading what else you have in store.

Thank you! [face_love]

9. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thank you. I like their relationship.
    I don't think Leia will be very happy having Vader as her father. Thank you so much for reading and taking the time to review.
    I love Luke. I always identified with him as a kid. I know, as a female I should be identifying with Princess Leia, but Luke is a bored teenager. I have never been a princess, but I have been a bored teenager.
    Thank you so much. I also love Luke and Mara. They are meant for each other. I can't imagine Luke with anybody else. I really, really hope Mara gets back into canon. And not some weird version of Mara Jade where she is unrecognizable as the character that we know and love. I want the Mara Jade as Timothy Zahn described her.

But with Disney I have to be careful what I wish for. I sometimes feel like I am dealing with the fabled Monkey Paw--you know where your wish is granted but in a way that is horrific. Like... Mara looks like Mara but that is because she is a zombie shapeshifter that is also a Force Vampire and her real form is a giant spider that bites the head off her mate after sex. Or something just as horrible. Disney will say, "Hey, we gave you Mara Jade. You are an ungrateful man baby." :oops:

I am so sorry for taking so long to update. We had another surge of pandemic patients where I live. I think the stress of the continued crowded hospital is getting to everybody. We have had a few people quit their full time positions and have become back-up staff. They will volunteer for shifts that are open, so they set their own schedule. That means all their scheduled shifts had to be filled. I have been volunteering for extra shifts to fill the gaps.

People are getting burnt out. The stress had killed my muse. I have a few days off and I promised myself I will write.
    Death Star II Mobile Battle Station

Luke could feel his father’s churning emotions when he disclosed that Leia and Han were soon to be in Imperial custody. What was shocking to Luke was one emotion was conspicuously absent—anger. It was at that moment that Luke realized that the smoldering rage that was once ever present in the emperor had slowly faded in intensity over the last year and was replaced with something else. Luke couldn’t fully comprehend what his father was feeling but he thought it was a combination of regret and unease.

Currently they were in Vader’s private quarters. The emperor was seated in an oversized leather upholstered armchair while Luke lounged on a matching couch. Luke was waiting for a response to his revelation and was becoming increasingly nervous by his father’s continued silence. Eventually Luke spoke, hoping to prompt a response from his father. “What do you want done?”

Luke’s chest tightened with anxiety, hoping his father didn’t order their execution or something equally horrific. The stillness stretched out for a minute longer before his father let out a mechanical sigh and slouched in his seat. “I will leave her fate to you.

Luke’s brow rose in surprise. “Really?”

Vader nodded. “Yes. You take care of the situation. I trust your judgement.”

A sense of relief washed over Luke. “Do you want to see her? Talk to her? Tell her you are her father?”

“No, she will never forgive me. I tortured her and murdered her adopted family along with her entire home planet. Being brought before me will only cause her more anger and pain.”

“So,” Luke said slowly. “Do you want me to keep the fact that I’m her brother a secret?”

Vader looked away before answering. “Tell her if you must, but wait until I am no longer on this mortal plane. I believe her ability to bear the news will be fortified with the knowledge that her tormenter is deceased.”

Luke gave a nod of understanding. “Her and Han are in a stasis cylinder…would you like to see her while in stasis. She won’t know you were there.”

“Perhaps,” he said noncommittally.

Luke gazed at his father knowing something was wrong. “What's bothering you?”

Vader leaned forward in his chair and gazed at Luke intently. “I am considering stepping down as emperor and allowing you to take over the throne.”

“What?” Luke was thoroughly surprised by this news. “Why?”

“I wish to ensure a smooth transfer of power. If somebody challenges your rule, I will be available to assist you in squashing any insurrection.”

Luke sensed his father was not being entirely truthful. “Father…what is the real reason?"

"My time as ruler is nearing an end," Vader simply said.

Luke's brow furrowed. "You keep talking like you expect to die soon. Is there something I should know?”

Vader made a gesture of resignation. “As you can imagine, I’m not in the best of health. Crawling around in lava and breathing volcanic gas is not conducive to a long life. My suit is getting old and needing constant repair. But mostly, I need to draw more and more on the Force to stay alive.”

“Oh,” Luke whispered feeling like he had the wind knocked out of him. He finally had established a good relationship with his father and now he was faced with the prospect of losing him. On top of that, his father wanted him to become leader of the Empire! He never felt comfortable at being Supreme Commander and he was positive he wasn’t ready to become Emperor.

“You are ready,” his father said, either guessing Luke’s thoughts or sensing his unease through the Force. “You will have Jade by your side. She was trained as a spy and assassin. She has a firm understanding of Imperial politics, she is mission driven and if you have earned her loyalty…she will be fiercely protective of her Emperor.”

Luke chuckled. “Maybe we should make her Emperor.”

“She would be an Empress,” Vader corrected.

Luke grinned. “Are you asking if we are getting married? If so…umm she indicted she would agree to my wife if I could find a sufficiency romantic way to pop the question.”

“No, I was simply pointing out that a female emperor is called an Empress.” Vader straightened in his chair. “But since you brought up the subject of marriage…I highly suggest you research amorous proposals. You need her and she needs you. You complement each other—one’s weakness is balanced by the other’s strength.”

Luke nodded in agreement. Mara was raised in the Imperial court. She understood politics far better than he did. “I will do so.” He looked to his father cocking his head to the side. “How did you propose to my mother?”

Vader waved Luke off. “Do not ask me for advice when it comes to romance. That was your mother’s strength…not mine.” He shifted in his seat before continuing. “I want to go over the timeline for your rise to power. I want it to happen soon, while the Empire is celebrating our conquest of the Resistance and the recovery of the Katana Fleet.”

Death Star II Mobile Battle Station: Room of Mirrors

Mara had waited for Luke to return to the room they shared but he was taking an unusually long amount of time in conference with his father. She hoped they were not arguing about the fate of Princess Leia. Mara knew Luke wanted to minimize the consequences his sister would face. Mara was certain that if Luke could exile Leia and Han from Imperial space without pushback from his constituents, he would. The problem was, he already did that, and the princess repaid his mercy by attacking Corellia.

She had waited for Luke for two hours before she decided to look at the Room of Mirrors again. Emperor Vader had told her that with practice she might be able to find herself in the various alternate universes. With Vader’s permission she occasionally went to the room to search…to see how she faired in the parallel universes where she was not with Luke. With some concentration she found herself in all but a few of the other realities. In the realms where she could not be located, she assumed they were worlds in which she was never born.

Her favorite otherworld was the one where she and Luke had a little boy. She couldn’t help but smile seeing the little blue-eyed, redheaded boy playing with Mara’s alternate self. That version of her was so happy and full of love.

It was much better than some of the other worlds in which she found herself. In one she had returned to work as an assassin for a crime lord. That Mara was cold and brutal. She avoided relationships. She occasionally had sexual dalliances, but she never stayed the night. That Mara was miserable.

In a different parallel reality she found herself in prison and in another she was killed on the first Death Star…destroyed by another Luke Skywalker.

She felt a tingling in the back of her brain and then words through the Force, ‘Where are you?’

She smiled when Luke touched her mind. She could feel he was happy, if not a little nervous. Whatever happened between him and his father it obviously didn’t entail the emperor ordering the execution of Princess Leia. Of that, she was sure.

She reached out to him, ‘I’m in the Room of Mirrors.’

She could feel a tinge of confusion from Luke, ‘I’m on my way.’

Death Star II Mobile Battle Station: Room of Mirrors

Luke arrived to find Mara watching another Luke Skywalker in another reality fishing on some island. Luke stood next to Mara and observed his doppelgänger on top of a cliff and using a long pole to spear a fish in the water below. When he succeeded in impaling an aquatic animal, he pulled the spear up hand-over-hand until the fish could be brought to the cliff top.

Luke frowned. “Why doesn’t he use the Force to pull the fish up? This looks like a very strenuous way to get lunch.”

Mara shrugged. “I have never seen him use the Force while at this location. I have concentrated on going back in this time line and…” She paused for a second. “Well, he does some very out-of-character things.”

Luke turned to her. “Like what?”

She shook her head sadly. “He drew a lightsaber on his nephew…your sister’s son.”

Luke blew out a breath. “He tried to kill his nephew? Was it provoked?”

“The young man was sleeping,” Mara said softly.

“I’m a darksider in this reality?”

“No…no…I...” She pulled in a deep breath. “I think this version of you was confused or tricked. The nephew retaliates and goes to the darkside. Luke blames himself. He’s unable to forgive his actions. He's a hermit.” She turned to Luke her expression dour. “I have found your sister in many of these realities and often she has a child that turns to the darkside.”

Luke’s brow rose in surprise. “Do you think it is something genetic? Is my blood line doomed to produce darkside Force users?”

She shook her head adamantly. “No, I don’t think it has anything to do with genes. It is in the realities where the Empire falls, and the galaxy is ruled by the Rebel Alliance that she has difficulties with her children. She struggles to hold things together. She is either a senator, a Chief-of-State or general. She has no time for her offspring because the Alliance is never truly stable. They are Force-users growing up in an unstable environment."

"You said many...meaning there are some alternate realities where Leia's has a child that doesn't turn to the darkside."

"Yes," Mara said slowly. "I have seen a few alternate realities where the Senate was never dissolved by Grand Moff Tarkin and Alderaan survives. She is still a rebel, but she is trying to make changes within the system. She isn’t burdened with rebuilding a government. She has children who grow up to be politicians like their mother. It's the stress of rebuilding a government that usually tears her family apart.”

Luke sighed. “Unfortunately, in this reality Alderaan was destroyed and the Senate dissolved. She will never stop fighting." Luke gazed at Mara. "Why the sudden interest in my sister’s fate?"

She turned to him. “I got a transmission from Aves. He will be docking with the Death Star in a few hours. I know you want to let your sister go. I just thought you should know what future she might face if you do so.”

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fantastic talk between Vader and Luke. I like the idea of Mara as Emperor's Consort and even Empress. :cool:

I absolutely adored and agree with Mara's conclusions about Leia and the effect of rebuilding a government upon her family. :(

All this definitely gives Luke something to think about, very hard choices.

----

I can just imagine that health care workers (doctors, nurses) are burned out! Especially since it looked like things were resolving on the infection rates; it's part and parcel of a variant surge with vaccination numbers that didn't climb high enough. :rolleyes:

@};-

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
  11. JEDIFLYSWATTER

Dec 10, 2004
    I think Vader has made a very intelligent decision. It makes a lot of sense to be an advisor to help Luke and Mara into such an important position. I understand about being burnt out. I have worked at a large cemetery for the last seven years and well… we have to take care of the dead. We are the essential workers nobody talks about but it all ends with us. Great job all around my friend.

12. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks for reading and taking time to comment. I think putting Luke as Emperor is a very smart move to do while Vader is still alive. There are bound to be Imperials that will chaff at him as their ruler. Having his father alive can put the fear into people looking to usurp the throne. Also, with Vader not having to be in the spotlight if his health does fail it might go unnoticed for a while. Therefore giving Luke a little more time to prove himself a worthy ruler of the Empire.
    Emperor Vader knows Mara is capable of doing things Luke has no stomach for. She could stomp out any treasonous Imperials and neutralize the threat.
    You are definitely an essential worker. My husband, when he was a teenager, he and his father would dig the graves in their small town. They didn't have a backhoe, so they would go out there and start digging and often not finished until late at night. They would have lanterns while they dug. He said it really didn't get to him until he had to dig the grave for a friend that died in a car accident [shudder]. I couldn't imagine being out at a cemetery at night digging a grave...especially for a friend.

I had the entire weekend off and got some more writing done.

Docking Bay 22: Death Star II Mobile Battle Station

As the Millennium Falcon flew into the space station’s docking bay Luke felt a rush of nostalgia along with some melancholy. It was this ship that flew him off Tatooine and brought him to the first Death Star where he met his sister. It was the ship that helped him escape the same battle station and it was also the ship that saved Luke from being shot down by his father during his famous trench run.

‘Infamous,’ Luke corrected himself. Only the Rebels rejoiced at the destruction of the battle station along with legions of Imperials. His current subordinates and Imperial citizens did not share that sentiment. He wasn’t sure if he would ever be fully forgiven. He could do a million reforms, but that is little solace to grieving parents who lost Imperial sons or daughters during the battle of Yavin.

A hand touched his shoulder. He turned to Mara and realized she felt his sadness. She smiled at him softly, lovingly, but remained silent.

As the ship touched down it was surrounded by Stormtroopers. Luke shook his head and signaled to the deck officer. “That won’t be necessary.” He had informed his crew the ship would arrive, piloted by an Imperial Tradesman, but he supposed that the appearance of a ship that was hunted by Imperials for so many years put soldiers on edge.

“Come on,” Mara said as she walked toward the ship. “I don’t want Aves to get jumpy.”

The platoon of Stormtroopers was dismissed, but they lingered around the bay, examining the ship from a distance. Luke really couldn’t blame them. Many Imperials thought the existence of the Falcon was a fabrication of Rebel propaganda. No one could believe a beat-up YT-1300 light freighter could travel as fast as it reportedly did or maneuver with such precision. Luke smiled slightly knowing most of the impressive feats attributed to the Millennium Falcon rest solely on the flying skill of Han Solo. Even with the Force, Luke doubted he could match Han’s proficiency behind the steering yoke of such a large ship.

The loading ramp of the Falcon lowered, and a nervous looking Aves appeared at the ship’s entrance. The middle aged, blond haired, blue-eyed man that served as Talon Karrde’s communications officer gazed down at the white armored stormtroopers with some apprehension until he spotted Luke and Mara. He raised a hand in greeting as the tension in his body visibly diminished.

“Mara, Supreme Commander,” he greeted as he gestured for them to join him inside the ship.

Luke made his way up the ramp with Mara following close behind. As he stepped into the ship he could catch the sweetish smell of coolant, the acrid smell of an electrical short, and the faint lingering odor of Wookiee hair. The smell of Chewbacca saddened Luke. He wondered where the Wookiee was now. Luke assumed he was frantically searching for Han and Leia. Luke was tempted to contact Chewie’s family on Kashyyyk and let them know Leia and Han were alive and well, but that might prompt Chewbacca to attempt an ill-advised rescue mission. No, it was best that he didn’t know the location of Han and Leia for now.

Aves must have noticed Luke gazing around the ship while sniffing the air. “I smelled that smell also. I don’t know what’s wrong. I searched for an electrical fire or leaks, but I can’t find anything.”

Luke chuckled. “Don’t worry…the Falcon always smelled like this. The first time I saw it I thought it was a hunk of junk.”

Aves shoved his hands in his coverall pockets as he looked around the ship. “I thought so too, but I have to admit that she handles well and can go faster than I expected.”

“Yeah…she’s one fast hunk of junk,” Luke said wistfully. “Where is Leia and Han?”

Aves threw a thumb in the direction of the cargo bay. “This way.”

As Luke moved through the bulkhead doors, he immediately located the humming stasis cylinder in the far corner of the bay. He went to it and gazed down at his sister and Han. Solo was laying on his back with Leia snuggled up next to him, her head on his shoulder and one arm draped over his chest. Other than the fact that they were fully clothed they looked exactly like two lovers cuddling after a night of passion. Luke looked over to Aves. “Did you pose them like this?”

The older man shrugged sheepishly. “I knew they were your friends. I didn’t want to dump them into the cylinder like sacks of starch tubers.”

“Thank you,” Luke whispered before looking up and spotting a familiar object a few meters away. “Artoo?” He moved over to the droid. “Artoo?” The droid remained silent, inert. Luke bent down and saw a large military grade restraining bolt, the type used to deactivate or control combat droids, attached to his chassis. Luke turned back to Aves. “Did you do this to him?”

“Hell yes!” The man pointed at the little droid with an irate expression. “That droid is feisty. It zapped me with its arc welding arm. I put on a regular restraining bolt, but it didn’t look like it would hold him for long. I ran back to the Wild Karrde to get this bolt and was finally able to shut the little bishwag down.”

Luke laughed at the thought of his Artoo unit giving Aves a fight. “Will he be alright?”

Aves nodded. “Sure, but I wouldn't suggest you take the bolt off. Push the center button and it will allow the droid to power back up. It will only follow orders…so unless you order it to attack, it should be safe to be around.”

While still kneeling in front of the Astromech Luke pushed the button. The red light on his dome flickered and the droid rocked back and forth for a moment before it focused his optical sensor on Luke. The droid shrieked before letting out a rapid series of beeps and boops directed to the Supreme Commander. Luke grimaced before standing.

Mara walked up to him, a smirk on her face. “My droid speak was never great, but if I’m correct, he just called you a traitorous, chuff-sucking, di’kut…or did I get that wrong?”

Luke sighed. “That was the basic gist of his comments.” He turned his attention back to the little droid. “Artoo, I know Leia and Han are furious at me, but I never harmed them. I exiled them and the other members of the Rebellion from Imperial space. I didn’t jail them or execute anybody. And once I became supreme commander, I started instituting most of the reforms Leia wanted. I outlawed slavery. I closed the death camps. I brought peace and prosperity to most of the worlds within the Empire and surrounding area. I know you keep up on what's happening in the galaxy. Are you telling me you haven’t noticed the good I have done?”

The droid did not immediately respond but revolved his dome, so it was no longer facing Luke before making a razzing sound. It was the droid’s way of giving him the cold shoulder.

Luke ran a frustrated palm down his face before giving his attention to Aves. “I will have troopers retrieve the stasis cylinder. Meanwhile, lock down Artoo and secure the ship. The Wild Karrde is still berthed onboard. If you want to go planetside, let me know, I'll lend you a personal transport shuttle." He gestured to the stasis cylinder. "Thanks for bringing them to me.”

“No problem, Supreme Commander. I was a little worried that you would be angry that I stunned them.”

“No. They brought this on themselves,” Luke gave Leia and Han a long sad gaze before turning and leaving the ship.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Brilliantly and poignantly written! Luke's mixed emotions are understandable and jarring even for me as a reader, seeing Leia and Han and the Falcon bringing back so many memories. Even Artoo is put out. :eek:

JadeSphera likes this.
  14. JEDIFLYSWATTER

Dec 10, 2004
    I just love Artoo. He is pissed off. Glad you got a weekend off. I just had my first day off in three weeks. Love the story about your father in law. It is a very unique profession. My cemetery was started in 1880 and is 167 acres. I lock the place up at night and you would be very surprised at what I have seen. Yes there are such things as ghosts. Great job

JadeSphera likes this.
  15. JadeSphera

Dec 10, 2018
    I fell behind, so I have read two chapters in a row :D

Luke as Emperor... Wow! I really like that idea. With Mara by his side, together they can accomplish anything.
    I loved the talk between Luke and Vader, and how he's mellowed towards him.
    And Mara always ahead of things, getting herself ready for anything. Her mention of that Luke we don't like made me crack up. I love it that you take it as an alternate reality, the thought heals my soul [face_love]
    I'm eager to read what you have in store for Luke and Leia, when they finally meet again. It will be intense for sure [face_nail_biting]

I love how you write Luke being very conscious of his actions and feels regret for destroying the first Death Star.
    Of course Chewie would try to rescue Han and Leia! That wookie loyalty knows no boundaries. It is wise of Luke to keep things quiet.
    Feisty little Artoo! [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]
    The trio has finally reunited. I'm nervous about this, wondering what's going to happen next. [face_nail_biting]

Great update! I'm really looking forward to your next chapter! =D=
    Thank you. [face_love]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  16. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Artoo is pissed, but I think he will come around. I am trying to end this story, so I don't know if Chewie will make an appearance or not.
    1880 is a fairly old cemetery. It must have unique looking headstones. When I was a kid we would walk through the graveyard to scare each other. The place only had mausoleums and plaques on the ground...so no headstones. Not quite as scary, but we would still get creeped out. We have ghost tours in our town. One day I will probably do one. We also have one of the biggest State Mental Hospitals. It was over one MILLION square feet. It was closed down in the '80s and was renovated into expensive condos, restaurants and boutiques. It was a beautiful hospital. It looked more like a billionaires mansion than a hospital. I wouldn't mind living in those plush condos...except I was told the place is haunted. Thanks for reading!
    TLJ Luke is a sad character. I often said I wish Mara was in his life, but some fans pointed out that Mara would not have been attracted to that particular version of Luke Skywalker. It is sad to see what they did to my childhood hero.

I had some time off today so I wrote. I work Friday through Monday this weekend. We were told that the hospital is now at a higher threat code. So we will be cracking down on visitors again and it looks like I will go from a surgical mask to a N95 all day. I hope I misunderstood my manager about that. I am getting so claustrophobic that I don't know if I can get through the day with that mask on. :(

Here is a short update.

Karrina Shotts was exhausted after a day of physical therapy. She always thought getting fitted for a high-tech leg prosthesis was a one-day procedure. The doctor slaps it on and you walk away after an hour of practice. She had a below the knee amputation, which is the easiest to fit and utilize, but it was a little more difficult to use than she imagined. The foot was amazingly lifelike and had microprocessors that helped her control the movements of her new foot and ankle with precision, but it didn’t respond like her real foot because of her nerve damage. She would need practice. In addition, her time in the bacta tank and the weeks of neural reconstruction meant her undamaged leg had become deconditioned from muscle atrophy. She had to exercise and stretch to strengthen all her muscles.

The hospital had yet to give her a new forearm and hand. She was told it was best to get accustomed to one prosthesis at a time. The exception was her eye. That was the first thing that was implanted…and Talon Karrde wasn’t kidding…she was given a Keyton bionic eye and not the clunky, but durable, military optic replacement that made most Imperial soldiers look like ugly cyborgs. He said he had connections…meaning the supreme commander. She assumed Karrde asked Skywalker to approve an upgrade and it was granted. At first, she was worried that she would be made the target of jealousy from other members of the Imperial military needing optical replacements, but she was thrilled to see other patients injured in the attack were also given the extremely expensive prosthetic device. She had asked her physical therapist if the government was now providing Keyton eyes to all blinded military members. She was told the credits for the optical devices didn’t come from taxpayer money but from a philanthropic billionaire who set up a charitable foundation to aid those affected by the extremist attack on Corellia. The donor was anonymous, which was unfortunate because she would love to thank him or her for their generosity.

She reached over to her bedside table and picked up a hand mirror and gazed at the eye replacement. It was a perfect match—whiskey brown with flecks of amber. The cosmetic surgeon did a good job reconstructing her eye socket that the optical prosthesis was set in, but she did notice her eyebrow was slightly cocked higher than normal, like she was in a perpetual state of confusion or surprise. While still holding the mirror, she traced her little finger lightly over the jagged but faint white scars radiating from the corner of her eye and down her cheek and neck. The doctor said they will fade in time until they were almost unnoticeable…almost.

She put the mirror down and sighed. She wasn’t a vain person, but upon discovering she had been dating a man prior to the attack, she had become self-conscious. Talon Karrde said her scars didn’t matter to him...but still...she worried.

Her memory was slowly returning. Occasionally a recollection of the man would slip into her conscious thought—him lying next to her in bed with a mischievous twinkle in his light blue eyes. Her reaching up and caressing his neatly trimmed beard before leaning in to kiss him slowly, gently until sweet anticipation and the slow burn of desire curled through her.

She closed her eyes and blew out a frustrated breath wanting to see him again. She wasn’t allowed visitors in the rehabilitation gymnasium, and she usually didn’t get back to her room until after visiting hours. She was told it might be a week before her schedule eased enough for her to have visitors.

There was a light rap on her door followed by the sound of it opening. “Come on in,” she said expecting the night nurse's arrival to get her evening vitals.

“Hello Karrina.” The voice was not of her nurse. She turned to find Talon Karrde standing in the doorway with a wide smile across his handsome face.

“Talon,” she said in surprise as she frantically raked her fingers of her left hand through her hair in a desperate attempt to look presentable. “I didn’t expect you.” She dropped her hand and looked at him frustrated. “I look terrible. I have been in rehab all day. I got a shower and then collapsed into bed.”

“Oh,” his smile faded as he took a half step back. “I’ll come back tomorrow then.”

“No!” she said almost pleading. “Please, come in.”

The smile returned as he moved to the chair at the side of her bed and sat down. He pointed to the sheet covering her leg prosthesis. “May I take a look?”

She nodded and he lifted the sheet to study the cybernetic replacement. “It looks good.” He dropped the sheet. “Are you getting around with it okay?”

“Yes, it takes some getting used to, but I was told that within a week or two I shouldn’t have any noticeable abnormality to my gait.”

He smiled wider. “The eye looks perfect.” After a short pause he continued. “You look beautiful.”

She felt a blush heat her face. “I can see why I fell for you. You are a charmer.”

His smile blossomed into a toothy grin. “Does that mean you remember falling for me?”

She nodded happily. “I remember some things.”

He leaned back in his chair. “Like what?”

She suddenly became bashful. “Ummm…things. Private things.”

Karrde snickered. “Ahh…I bet you are remembering my lusty inguinal crease.”

She burst out in laughter. “That is such an odd thing for a man to brag about.”

He smirked. “Does it look like I would even know what an inguinal crease is? It was your compliment to me. I called it my groin cleavage.”

She laughed even harder. “I hope I get all my memories back.”

“I hope so too." He leaned forward in his chair. “But if you don’t, I would love to make new memories with you.”

“I would like that.”

He stood and moved closer to her. “It is way past visiting hours. I snuck in past the nurses' desk. I better go before I'm caught. Would you mind if I kissed you goodnight?”

“I would like that...very much.”

He leaned forward and kissed her softly. She returned the kiss, cherishing the warm pressure of his mouth on hers. She was disappointed when he broke contact.

“Wow,” he said as he straightened to his full height and blew out a shuttered breath.

“I agree, wow,” she whispered. “Will you stop by tomorrow?”

“Of course.” He leaned back down again and brushed his lips against her ear while whispering. “Nothing could keep me away.”

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    mayo_durron_666 and JadeSphera like this.
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_tee_hee] Talon and Karina are getting along so sweetly. [face_mischief]

JadeSphera likes this.
  18. JadeSphera

Dec 10, 2018
    Talon and Karrina are so wonderful together! [face_love]

19. JEDIFLYSWATTER

Dec 10, 2004
    They are so cute. Other then the seriousness of her injuries, they remind me of teenagers in love. Hope it works out for them. You work on a hospital? Well then you know they are the most haunted places on the planet and it doesn’t matter how old they are. Just think of what happens in them. We have incredible monuments in our cemetery. In today’s cost some would definitely cost over a million dollars. I call it my secret garden. People come in to jog, ride bikes, explore, plcnic, etc. During the lock down, we became the place to go to get out. It was the hidden place to go. Great job and thanks!

20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I haven’t seen any ghosts. My theory is even dead patients don’t want to stay in a hospital one second longer than necessary.

21. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    Love these recent updates!
    Vader deciding Luke should become Emperor soon. :eek:
    Luke finally seeing his captured sister, Han and even R2. =((
    Karrde sneaking in to see Karrina was so cute! :D
    Look forward to more. [face_batting]

22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks. Talon Karrde is one of my favorite Star Wars characters after Luke and Mara. If I lived in a GFFA I would like to work for him.
    Thanks. They are a cute couple.
    I think it will. Both were in love prior to the attack and they survived a great trauma which often binds people together tighter.
    Thanks. I have been trying to write when I have a chance. I have a couple days off, so I have been writing. I am going to try to write some short updates more often. Maybe that will help my muse.

Thanks everybody for reading. Here is a short update.

Luke watched as his stormtroopers used a repulsor sled to float the statis cylinder containing Han and Leia into to Death Star infirmary. As the cylinder was lowered to the ground a corpsman knelt next to the machine and pressed a sedation gas cylinder into an aerosol port at the control panel before deactivating the preservation device. The young medical specialist looked up to his supreme commander. “Sir, they will be unconscious for fifteen or twenty minutes.”

Luke nodded while nervously chewing on his bottom lip. “Thank you. Put them into separate recovery rooms. Secure them in four-point restraints and have a guard on the door. I don’t need them escaping and getting themselves killed.”

“Yes, Sir.” The man stood and called out orders to other infirmary personnel.

Moments later, Luke felt a spike of fear and apprehension flooding through the Force emanating from the hospital staff. He turned to see his father march into the room, pushing past infirmary security, his gold trimmed black cape billowing out behind him. His appearance so startled the medical staff that the two corpsmen lifting Leia out of the stasis cylinder dropped her. Leia fell a few centimeters before her decent was halted midair leaving her floating approximately a hand’s length from the floor. Luke turned to see his father’s arm outstretched as he used the Force to keep his daughter from striking the deck. The two medics quickly recovered from their surprise and lifted Leia onto a repulsor gurney before disappearing down the hall. Luke knew their swift actions weren’t simply to follow his orders, but to get away from the emperor posthaste. As they left, two different workers moved forward and hauled Han out of the cylinder with equal rapidity and onto a second gurney. Without a word they ushered Han out of the room, leaving Luke and his father alone.

Luke turned to Vader. “Leia should awaken soon. Do you wish to talk to her?”

The emperor shook his head. “No.” His gaze dropped to the floor. “I tortured her. I was unable to sense she was my daughter. She looks like her mother...I should have known.” He heaved a sigh. "I tortured my daughter...Padme would never forgive me."

Luke honestly didn’t believe the knowledge of Leia’s paternity would have stayed his father’s hand back then. Vader knew Luke was his son, but that didn’t stop the dark Lord from maiming him. No…Darth Vader, the man he once was, a man under the control of Emperor Palpatine, was ruthless and indifferent to the suffering of others.

He was no longer that man.

When Palpatine died—the real Palpatine and not the clone imposter—Luke’s father began to change. It was a change for the better. The fact that his father could not face Leia spoke volumes.

“Have you decided…” The emperor paused before continuing in a metallic whisper. “…her fate?”

Luke blew out a breath. “Mara suggested that Leia and Han are tried by military tribunal.” Luke turned and looked down the hall where his sister disappeared. “I’m going to talk to her. If I can convince her to tone down her rhetoric and show remorse…”

A loud booming laugh escaped the emperor. “She is far too much like her mother for that to happen…idealistic, fearless and stubborn.”

Luke sighed deeply, knowing his father was right. “I’m not asking her to beg for forgiveness. I just want her to stop fighting me.” His hands flew up in frustration. “…from fighting us…the government.”

“I did mention stubborn?” Vader said sarcastically.

Luke chuckled darkly. “I know, I know…but if she can be convinced to remain silent…to not aggravate the situation…” Luke began.

“The public does not know she is in custody,” Vader interrupted in a low voice. “She need not be put on trial.”

Luke shook his head. “No, I exiled her and Han with the understanding that they remain out of Imperial space. They came back and murdered people. I could understand if I was flying around blowing up planets and enslaving the population, but I’m not. She must face some form of justice. I won’t be able to keep their capture quiet for long. If I let her go again…the people will revolt.”

Vader dropped a gloved hand on Luke’s shoulder and gave it an uncharacteristic fatherly squeeze of reassurance. “Mara Jade may be of assistance. Both are strong women. Perhaps she can reason with your sister.”

“Maybe.” Luke tugged on the hem of his tunic. It was a nervous gesture he developed soon after becoming Supreme Commander. “She should be waking soon.” He cleared his throat. “I should go.”

He turned and walked down the corridor, hoping his father would change his mind and follow him, but when he looked back over his shoulder the emperor stood motionless. Luke pulled his commlink out of his uniform pocket and left a voice message for Mara to join him in the infirmary. He needed all the help he could get.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    mayo_durron_666 and JadeSphera like this.
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb =D=

I enjoyed reading of the contrast of how Vader acted before and now in regards to Leia and Luke [face_thinking]

LOL Their talk was terrifically on target when it came to Leia's reaction to "toning things down", and I agree Mara could be of help practically in persuading.

24. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks. Vader is gaining some remorse. Personally, I don't think anything Mara or Luke can say will win over Leia.

I go back to work tomorrow. I wrote a short post.

When Luke walked into Leia’s recovery room the on-duty doctor had just finished a quick health scan as two enlisted corpsmen were at his sister's side securing wrist and ankle restraints. Luke would have preferred Leia waking up unbound and inside a detention cell, but he was informed by his medical staff that sometimes people awaking from stasis could experience minor medical issues such as dyspnea or heart palpitations. It was nothing that supplemental oxygen or the stimulation of the vagus nerve wouldn’t cure…still it was best that individuals get medically screened after release from suspended animation.

As soon as the two corpsmen finished buckling the restraints, they immediately vacated the room, leaving Luke with the physician. “How is she?”

The doctor looked down at his datapad for a second before returning his gaze to Luke. “She is in excellent health, Supreme Commander. Since she is a petite woman, she may remain unconscious longer than her companion.”

As if on cue, Luke heard the voice of Han Solo calling out from down the hall. “Let me go! Where’s Leia? I swear if any of you karking Imperial dwangs have hurt her I’ll kill everyone of you!”

Luke blew out a frustrated breath. “It sounds like Han is not having any shortness of breath.” Luke turned and exited the room. “I better go talk to him.”

Luke walked approximately ten meters down the corridor, dismissed the guard, and entered the room. Han was in the hospital bed vigorously struggling against his cushioned hospital restraints. “Han!” Luke called out. “Stop struggling. Leia is fine. She’s not hurt. She is just sleeping off the sedative we gave you two.”

When he heard Luke's voice, Han stopped struggling. He gazed at Luke sadly, his shoulders slumping. “Kriff...Karrde sold us to you?”

Luke shook his head. “No. He didn’t even tell me he had you at first. He said he hadn’t decided what to do with you, but then I accidentally discovered he had your blaster. Well, I know how much you value that weapon, and you would never give it up willingly.” He exhaled sharply. “I thought he killed you and Leia. I got so upset that Karrde quickly assured me you were safe and immediately gave up your location.”

Han frowned at Luke. “Why would you be upset…and why would Karrde kill us?”

Luke gave a disbelieving chuckle. “Don’t you remember trying to abduct him?”

Han looked up at the ceiling in thought. “Oh yeah. Still…Karrde doesn’t seem like a guy to murder somebody over a little kidnapping.”

“He was on Corella near the Imperial Academy when the Rebellion and Resistance attacked. He was wounded and the woman he loves was grievously injured.”

“Oh,” Han muttered.

Luke pulled up a chair and sat next to the bed. “I’m glad you woke up before Leia. Han, can you talk any sense into her.”

“Psspt,” Han made a dismissive snort.

Luke sighed. “Han, you and Leia were put in stasis by Karrde. During that time the Resistance has been decimated. The Rebellion is no more. Imperial Forces have won the war.”

Han’s head hung down in despair before he dropped back down to the mattress. “Leia will never get over this defeat.”

“Is it really a defeat, Han? Leia always talked about closing the death camps, ending slavery, making the lives better for the populace.” Luke leaned forward and stared into Han’s eyes. “I’ve done that. Han, I am not the monster she makes me out to be.”

Han shook his head slowly. “I know, but she is positive Darth Vader is pulling your strings. He is lulling you in his trap.”

Luke gave a grunt of irritation, tired of the fantastical theory Leia concocted to justify the continued insurgency. “What exactly is this trap?”

Han shrugged noncommittally. “She thinks Vader needs time to corrupt you. He will give you the reforms you want until he pulls you over to the darkside. Then he will have his apprentice.”

“I am already his apprentice.” Luke said evenly. “He completed my training…and next month he will be stepping down as Emperor and placing me on the throne.”

Han’s eyes widened with surprise. “And you believe him?”

Luke rolled his eyes. “Yes, I believe him.”

Han thought about it. “Maybe he thinks you having absolute power will be the thing that corrupts you…draw you to the darkside.”

“Why would you think I'm so easily corrupted?”

Han looked away. “You are the son of a Sith. I figure it's genetic.”

Luke so much wanted to reveal Leia was his sister…that she was also genetically linked to the Dark Lord. He wanted to make that revelation, but he didn’t. His father wanted that knowledge hidden until his death and Luke knew deep down that Leia would never believe him. She would think it was a cruel attempt to hurt her. He could have a hundred paternity tests conducted, but she would assume every last one was forged. She would never ever believe that Darth Vader’s blood flowed through her veins. And if she did believe…she might never recover from the shock. She already was traumatized over the destruction of Alderaan. This might be too much for her. As strong as she was…everybody had their limits.

Luke straightened in his chair and changed the subject. “Han, you and Leia are going on trial. It will be a military tribunal. If you and Leia can resist spouting inflammatory rhetoric…there is a good chance that they will go easy on you. Eight or ten years in a minimum-security prison…maybe less with good behavior. I will make sure you and Leia are released after that. You have to remain out of Imperial space, but you will be free…but you have to promise to stop the attacks.”

Han laughed then cocked his head to the side while smirking at the supreme commander. “Luke, we promised you that before…and we lied.”

Luke heaved a leaden sigh. “Yes, you did…and that is what makes this so difficult.”

“She will never stop fighting. Not until Vader is dead and the senate is reestablished. She has told me so...many times.” Han gave a yank on his restraints. “You plan on keeping me tied up until trial?”

Luke stood. “No, I just wanted to have the doctor look you over after being taken out of stasis. You will await trial in the detention block.”

“Make sure you lock down those trash compactors,” Han said in a half joking manner.

Luke stopped at the room entrance and turned to his friend. “Han, please help me help her. I am trying to make the Empire a better place…I really am.”

Han smiled faintly, sadly. “I believe you, Luke, but I can’t talk Leia out of quitting her fight. If I try, she will see it as me abandoning her. She is the Rebellion. It is in her heart and soul. If I suggest ending her struggle I might as well tell her I’m leaving her. She has lost so much. She lost her family, her planet, her friends…” He paused to look directly in Luke’s eyes. “…you. She was abandoned recently by loyal Rebels. Some went off to the Resistance and some quit all together. She only has me.”

Luke leaned against the doorjamb completely dejected. “Kriff.”

“Yeah,” Han agreed. “This is all kriffed up.”

Luke gave Han a halfhearted wave before walking down the corridor to his sister’s room. He peeked inside and found her still sleeping. He was going to wait, but decided talking to Leia would be futile. He pulled out his commlink and keyed Mara’s number. “Mara, disregard coming to the infirmary. I will meet you back at our quarters.”

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =(( ... I feel Han and Luke caught in the middle. Han totally believes Luke and doesn't believe continuing the fight is doing any good especially since the reforms Leia would've wanted are in place. I really hope Leia isn't as set on continuing the insurgency but if she really feels like it's a matter of loyalty, and if Han could not even talk her around...

JadeSphera likes this.