main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Better Call Saul (Spoilers within)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jabbadabbado, Jan 12, 2015.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Jimmy is truly broken to use the words of Vince Gilligan so to see him finally decide to practice under the name that defines his true nature is bittersweet. He's so blindly happy in that final moment that he doesn't even register Kim's reactions. She said she was with him so he's going in full throttle.

I can't believe this season is over. It feels like it went by so fast. If Season 5 is the last, I hope it's longer like Season 5 of BB. On the podcast they mentioned that this episode was the longest in the history of BCS and BB. Peter Gould joked about wishing they could have done an 11th episode.

2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Ya know, there is probably a way to continue Better Call Saul should it end in five seasons, but not in the way people would think of.

Theoretically, there's a Better Not Call Gene Takavic story to be told; especially if there's no conclusion to the happenings and life of Gene in Better Call Saul.

3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I'm sure there will be a conclusion to Gene's story. I'm actually hoping they'll spend some more time focusing on that part once the pre-BB stuff is done.

Will season 5 be the last? Usually they announce such things along with renewals.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    DarthTunick likes this.
  4. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I've got a feeling it might... would like to be wrong.

-The final scenes with Mike & Werner... masterfully haunting. No over-the-top histrionics, but rather small moments of cold realization (Mike after he talks to Gus before leaving the car, Werner figuring it out after Mike tells him that he could never be trusted again.

-Would have liked a little more Howard & Nacho this season.

-Even with the silliness of Lalo's roof "excursion", his cat & mouse chase with Mike was great; loved his the expression on his face when he realizes that it's Mike on the other line, once Werner has been located.

-Gus would have none of Gale's excitement over the lab's progression, etc. :p Also, nothing needed to be said between him & Mike there.

-It was impossible for me not to think of this scene during that last shot of a perplexed Kim ("It's all good, man!"):

-Chuck & Jimmy always had their little moments, even as fleeting as they ended up being.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  5. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Peter Gould commented on when the show will end (it probably won't be next season).

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Six seasons it is. Excellent!

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I get the feeling they'll at least match Breaking Bad's episode number, although probably not a season-long split and probably Season 5 10 eps and Season 6 12 just to equal Breaking Bad. Although now with Jimmy going Full Saul I would hope we could get 40 eps of that. as for Cinnabon Gene, I don't see a full season but hell he needs at least an episode. those flashforwards after 4 seasons already have sub-plots! Or maybe at least Cinnabon Gene scenes throughout a season as opposed to just the opening.

Oh and I did a random Cinnabon Gene google and found out that the producers agree that Walt could still be alive in those scenes

https://ew.com/tv/2018/08/09/better-call-saul-creators-gene-walt-alive/

There is quite a lot of time that passes from Saul and Walt's final meeting to Walt' death, Walt spends most of it hiding in a cabin. And he DOES have to trek all the way back to New Mexico. So, hey, maybe?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  8. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Well less than a year passed between Walt fleeing Albuquerque and coming back (something like 9 months IIRC). He was dying the whole time.

It's possible that the Gene sequences take place during the same period, but I doubt it. He seems like he's been there a few years, going by his older appearance in particular.

BigAl6ft6 and Diggy like this.
  9. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Yes, he’s established at the Cinnabon, trusted with closing. And completely broken.

10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, that's why I think it would be could to have a spin off series on Gene instead of concluding his story in Better Call Saul. There's still the story of who was the cab driver that pick up Gene at the hospital, and the bit about Saul's secretary regarding who she's suppose to call. I just don't this Breaking Bad Universe to end any time soon.

11. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    The cab driver was nobody. He just happened to be from ABQ and it drove Gene's paranoia. Or at least that explanation is consistent with what we have seen of his state of mind-- thinking some random guy was watching him, thinking some mundane hospital error would get him caught, refusing to risk alerting the police and letting himself stay trapped in a room. The guy is messed up in the head.

Edit: Also we don't know what was publicly revealed or what the police know about the circumstances of Walt's death. Maybe all Gene knows is that Walt died in a shootout with the neo-Nazis, not that Walt came back of his own volition; that's gotta feed his paranoia.

12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    His complete paranoia makes it seem likes it’s not that long after he went, but less than nine months seems too short.

Plus, as much as I love the little flash forwards, I don’t know that it supports an entire series or even a season. He’s keeping low key, not getting up to Jimmys shenanigans.

My burning question now is what’s with the obsession with laser tag.

13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, I like the Cinnabon Gene scenes as little glimpses into his post-BB life. But I don’t think it could support a series or season on its own.

14. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    My vision would be a few episodes in the same vein as BB's home stretch. Certainly not a whole series.

I wonder if there was anything else that made him the sad sack we see. Last we saw him in Breaking Bad he was still cracking jokes and acting like the same ol' Jimmy/Saul. Was it simply the reality of his situation that brought him down? It's another part of what makes me think he can't have been in Omaha only less than a year.

BigAl6ft6 and EHT like this.
  15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I don't want the Breaking Bad verse to end either. Better Call Gus is the next logical step.

(only kidding slightly. Dude's got layers and layers of Backstory that already happened even before he shows up on Saul. but at that point you'd have to recast and Gus without Ginacarlo Epsistio would be ... difficult.)

I would say a Jesse Pinkman show but clearly the sequel to his final appearance was "Need for Speed"

16. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    We'll probably never get it, but there's a whole Jesse aftermath story to be told.

yankee8255 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  17. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    [​IMG]

Darth_Omega and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Boba, you literally made the same joke Big Al did two posts above yours. This is a new low for you.

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  19. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Well ****.

Diggy likes this.
  20. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I like to think that Jesse went to Hollywood and crashes on his friend's couch while getting into shenanigans.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I've seen online discussions believing that the Cinnabon Gene scenes could have taken place as late as 2014 because of a sighting of a "Nutitional Information: Wild Berry Medley Promotion" in an episode, to which "Wild Berry Medley was introduced to Cinnabon in 2014."

At any rate, I didn't think there was enough material for a full season of Better Call Saul, but here we are with four full seasons and a fifth one on its way, and with the writers saying that could do like 11 seasons. So, if they wanted to, the writers could get a couple of seasons of Cinnabon Gene and it would be riveting.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  22. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I don't know, I still don't see Cinnabon Gene being enough to support anything more than a few episodes; it still seems supplemental to BCS and BB to me, just "future glimpses" like I mentioned before. And as far as more seasons of BCS go, I could see another one or two. I think it's already getting too close to BB to try to fit more in there, and it would start to feel like they were intentionally slowing back down in order to put more filler in there.

23. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    The only way a Gene show could really work would be if it after the flashforwards we've seen. He's clearly been living a miserable, paranoid life, giving up the Slipping Jimmy and Saul stuff, staying completely on the straight and narrow. Now if he decided to screw that off and get back in the game...I could see that. But don't necessarily want it.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    EHT likes this.
  24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Here's the thing, Saul represented so many shady characters aside from Gus and Walt. It's conceivable he pissed off others that are tracking him down. And so, you can actually make that Cab driver that picked up Gene at the hospital some one connected to Jimmy's past. And wouldn't be wonderful if Kim had sent a private detective to find Jimmy and bring him back home.

Honestly, I don't truly think there will be a Cinnabon Gene series, but I'm sure if the producers and writers wanted to make the series they could and we all most likely would tune in and watch it. I mean, there's a "Clerks" like movie in Cinnabon Gene.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Nacho gets called into work at Cinnabon - "I'm not even supposed to be here today!"