main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Better Call Saul (Spoilers within)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jabbadabbado, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Yeah Lalo didn't buy the explanation for a second even with Jimmy's quickness in changing minor details of the story. But it looks like Kim's point that he was the only one he could trust and that Jimmy still delivered the bail money swayed him .

I do wonder what it means for Nacho though, now that Lalo will presumably be thinking about the loyalty of his team. I don't know if its better or worse that Lalo is making him drive him to Mexico. On the one hand, Nacho driving him all that way will give Lalo ample time to suss him out. On the other, Lalo could have easily done the original drop off and have the Cousins whack Nacho in a second.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    DarthTunick likes this.
  2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I'm guessing he suspects Nacho is up to something or he's being followed if he chose an alternate route to Mexico. He might also suspect the cousins are being followed (which they were).

3. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Yeah, things are definitely not looking good for Nacho.

I must say I‘m really bummed at the thought of Lalo not being on the show any more. Great character, awesome acting performance.

4. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I can't believe next week is already the season finale.

Luke02 likes this.
  5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    That scene at the apartment was so well done... yes, definitely nerve wracking.

My concern for Nacho is even higher now, and I've been worried about him for quite a while now. I liked how Mike made it clear to Gus that he wished Gus would cut Nacho loose now.

Regarding Lalo, yes, wondering if we'll see him again or not. Either way, we've definitely been shown now why Jimmy/Saul is so concerned in BB when he asks if Lalo sent them (Walt and Jesse).

Yodaminch and TiniTinyTony like this.
  6. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    It's weird that Jimmy would be thinking of this incident. It's still a few years before he meets Walt and Jesse. It's 2004 or 2005 in BCS and they don't meet until c. 2008 I think.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  7. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I think we’ll see Lalo at least next week, on his road trip with Nacho.

I’m still holding out hope that the Ignacio mentioned in BB is our Ignacio, but then I also wouldn’t be surprised if he’s killed at any point going forward.

8. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I think the best case scenario for Nacho is that he's the reason Jimmy knows about the vacuum cleaner repair man.

9. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    You said this goes away. What's the timeframe on that?
    It's different for different people I suppose.
    For me. When will this be over for me?
    Well, here's what's gonna happen. One day...one day you're gonna wake up, brush your teeth, go about your business. And sooner or later, you're gonna realize you haven't thought about it. None of it. And that's the moment. You realize you can forget. When you know that's possible, it all gets easier.​

Jimmy is shown to have some PTSD about this incident and I don't think it ever fully goes away. He doesn't go and get help about it professionally. He has to hide it from everyone - Kim and especially Lalo. The only person he can talk about it with is Mike. I don't think Jimmy will ever fully forget it. Sure, in Breaking Bad he isn't shown to be worried about anything when we first meet him but he's fully Saul then as far as we can tell in his interactions with Walt and others.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    Point Given likes this.
  10. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

In particular, I enjoyed his scene with Hector at the home, especially that mix of sadness & anger in his face as his leaving, watching Hector with that birthday hat on, etc.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
    Sith_Sensei__Prime and Luke02 like this.
  11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    That was a great scene with Hector.

It's bitter sweet to see Lalo leave the show. Bitter because he's a great foil and antagonist; Sweet because the story can move forward. Lalo would have to leave the story so it can advance. I'm curious to know more about Gus' "silent partner" that this season gave a glimpse of. I had always thought that Fring was funding his activities independently, but it make sense considering the costs of building an underground meth lab.

And the last episode validates my love for Kim.

Cheers and drink up!

[​IMG]

DarthTunick likes this.
  12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    While the "Better Call Saul" crew was filming the eighth episode ("Bagman") of the current sublime season on a reservation miles into the desert, something odd happened. A dog came out of seemingly nowhere and sidled up between Jonathan Banks and Bob Odenkirk while the two actors were doing a scene.

Picture that for a second. Saul Goodman and Mike Ehrmantraut are sitting literally in the middle of nowhere on the To’Hajiilee Indian Reservation, miles from civilization. And this dog just strolls up. Where did it come from? Was it somebody's? Was it sick? They must've been baffled.

Some of the crew fed it and gave it water. Later that afternoon, the dog returned. Being on a reservation, Odenkirk checked with the tribal council to see they can take the seemingly ownerless dog. After getting a 'yes', he took it to a vet in Albuquerque to get it checked out and cleaned up.

On the way to the vet, the dog paused before a patch of grass to feel it out before stepping on it. The dog had never seen/walked on grass before. The vet informed Odenkirk that the dog was a) pregnant and, b) going to give birth to about four pups in two weeks.

So they kept it and exactly two weeks later, the dog gave birth to not four puppies...not five...not six...not seven...but EIGHT puppies. And as if I couldn't love her anymore, Rhea Seehorn (Kim Wexler) and another (unnamed) woman helped midwife the births. And this was the result.

All eight puppies were adopted with Patrick Fabian (Howard Hamlin) taking the runt.

He not only kept the runt, he took the mother as well that he then named Lucky

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog...le-of-desert-but-thats-only-half-of-the-story

I love these people even more now. Nice pics in the link.

And! Something similar happened during BB, minus the pregnancy.

13. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Nacho (and his dad) are ****ed.

Looks like Kim broke bad!

14. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    What Howard thinks is wrong with Jimmy is also what's wrong with Kim. The same anger. She tries a positive outlet for it in taking those pro bono cases, but it doesn't work. She's addicted to the cons and I think also "getting back" at the privileged-- the group from which they've always been excluded. As well meaning as Howard is, he is in their face with his inherited status and wealth from (I assume but I don't recall being confirmed) his father.

When Gus said the assassins were the "best in the business," I knew they were toast. Mike would have walked in the front gate!

EHT, TiniTinyTony , Yodaminch and 5 others like this.
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    That was a great finale and the perfect setup up for the final season. It just sucks we have to wait another year to see how it all unfolds. Lalo is such a fun character so I’m happy he’ll be back.

EHT and Darth Punk like this.
  16. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  17. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Coronavirus. Might be two years.

Darth Chiznuk and Rew like this.
  18. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Was it because of El Camino that they took so long with this season?

19. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I'm incredibly glad that they're setting up Lalo's hunt for Nacho for the last season; when he glances over at the abandoned decanter & drinks/as he storms out of the compound at the end... again, great mix of sadness & anger from Dalton there. Also wonder if Kim & Jimmy's plan against Howard will work... regardless, there's going to have to be some repercussions from that. Fun to see Eladio again for a few minutes too, and Gus has a store to reopen. :p

20. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I think that part of it. Gilligan has stepped away as show runner, so some retooling there, plus some of the crew worked on both, like the DP.

Kim’s ponytail was not uptoo the usual standard, which tells its own story about her character arc.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    Darth Guy likes this.
  21. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    About half way through, the thought occurred to me that they can‘t kill off Kim, they need her for the final season.

As for her breaking bad, I think, to use Mike‘s terminology, she already started down that road long ago. She was close to getting off, but then she met Jimmy. She is hiding more from Jimmy than vice versa.

22. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I'm not sure Kim's trying to hide anything from Jimmy. She's always been an enthusiastic participant in the cons and her relationship with him, her disillusionment with her career (though now that I think about it I'm not sure she ever really liked the corporate lawyer gig), and maybe her near-death experience with Lalo? have broken down the mental barriers that held her back.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  23. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    After mulling it over, I may now actually think the opposite of what I weote before, she’s overcome temptation all her life and walked the straight and narrow to get away from the life her Mom had. And just when she thought she‘d made it, Hamlin stuck her on document review. And like Guy said before, she hates the likes of Hamlin and Wachtell.

Yodaminch and Luke02 like this.
  24. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    When Kim was mulling over ordering Room service, I really thought Jimmy was going to break up with her, because he loves her and does t want her involved, to save her.

By the end of the episode... I feel like she’s gone beyond Jimmy in the immoral stakes.

The final season is going to be brilliant and nuts.

not sure how Lalo and Nacho are still believed to be alive by Jimmy, but it will be fun to find out.

EHT likes this.
  25. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Best season yet IMO. Waiting for the final one will be painful, esp if it's delayed due to the, you know.
    RE Lalo, the guy at Uproxx pretty much nailed it:

"It is almost unreasonable how good a character Lalo is. To pull this off after five seasons of this show and the full run of Breaking Bad, to just up and introduce someone this charming and evil and perfect, is basically showing off".