main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Better Call Saul (Spoilers within)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jabbadabbado, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    My gut is that Kim’s desire for revenge is her downfall. Jimmy wanted to live to con another day. Kim: “It happens today”

That’s the difference. It’s not as personal to Jimmy and Jimmy can clearly see the danger. Kim is willing to risk it all.

And, now Kim knows about the vacuum parts. It really seems likely she creates a colossal screwup (possibly Howard’s death) and has to get out of town. Jimmy likely buys the book from the vet and gets her out.

Of course, given the many twists and turns in this show, I probably know nothing.

Last edited: May 18, 2022
  2. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    That's a good question. The only other time they did a break between seasons like this was for Breaking Bad and we had that great toilet seat realization/cliffhanger on Sept 2012 and had to wait until August 2013 for the rest so thankfully the wait isn't as long this time.
    So I don't expect a resolution per say but definitely something "big" to happen. But at the same time I don't want to expect something "big" if you know what I mean.

Last edited: May 18, 2022
  3. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Thomas Schnauz, BCS writer, from Twitter:
    Just to warn everyone: we wrote S6 of #BetterCallSaul to be aired as 13 continuous episodes, but various delays split the season in half. So 607 was not written or filmed as a traditional "cliffhanger."

Source:

4. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Figured as much, since COVID lockdowns/Bob's heart attack/looming potential protests all contributed to various delays during the production, and I'd imagine the options were either split the season to give them extra time to work on editing the back half that took longer to shoot than expected, or wait and delay the start of the whole season 'til June or so so that they could have the time they needed to finalize the last few and let them all run week after week without break starting then.

It seems like it mostly worked out, though, with this episode most likely being the cap in the Howard plan. I'm sure it'll end on something particularly devastating for him, to make us dwell on until July.....

Last edited: May 23, 2022
  5. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
  6. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    If/when they make a prequel to this, they don’t call it Born Bad ima be disappoint.

7. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  8. Bob Saget from the 90's

Bob Saget from the 90's Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 27, 2018
  9. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Holy ****ing ****

10. Blame_It_On_Lucas

Blame_It_On_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    Well then.

I need to grab a beer.

11. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    I actually feel so gross after this episode.

God. This is as close to a perfect show as it gets, and I hate it every second of it. I'm genuinely happy for the month plus break right now, before we get back into the swing of things. It's going to take me a bit of time to process and come down from this one. I need the break to really... chew on all of this.

But God, what an utterly fantastic hour of television television this was. Brilliant.

12. Blame_It_On_Lucas

Jan 29, 2004
    Guys I'm like. Sad. And kind of mad.

13. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
  14. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
  15. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Howard was kinda a rich dick, but the poor guy didn't deserve all that even before Lalo came along. I like how Jimmy and Kim suddenly stopped their playacting and showed genuine emotion and concern for themselves and Howard the moment Lalo walked in.

This weekend one of the writers claimed that this episode wasn't meant to have a cliffhanger because the mid-season hiatus was unplanned. lol

To me it's looking like Kim will disappear to hide from Lalo or the cartel. Or maybe she will just break it off with Jimmy and move away because of what happened to Howard.

16. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Some scary **** will happen. Saul was genuinely scared and rambling about Lalo and Ignacio in Breaking Bad, when he was on his knees with Walt and Jesse.

17. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    ”Who are you?”

*Lalo pulls out a gun, puts on a silencer*

“I think I’m in the middle of something.”

=D=

Top-notch episode all-around; loved Lalo figuring out that the phone at the retirement home was tapped; everyone still having their concerns for Howard, despite everything (particularly since his actions at the mediation were clearly off-the-rails from an outside POV).

It’ll be interesting to see how, even with skeevy reputation that Saul has, how Jimmy’s able to navigate around being associated with Howard’s demise, assuming that’s the case, of course; very likely a story is concocted that fits with making people believe Howard was a coke head.

Last edited: May 24, 2022
  18. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Good episode overall.

I stand by my position that even if we ignore the Lalo thing, what they were doing to Howard was unnecessarily cruel and kind of weird.

yankee8255 likes this.
  19. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Spent a longggggg time laying up in bed last night thinking about this one...

That's... entirely the point.

20. Bob Saget from the 90's

Bob Saget from the 90's Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 27, 2018
    I really only see one scenario playing itself out when the show returns to finish the series.

After extracting what info Lalo can from Jimmy and Kim there is no universe that exists that allows the characters to leave that apartment. I don’t think the show has Lalo take out Kim as well, that would be a little redundant. Somehow Jimmy and Kim get the better of Lalo, I am guessing with the Zafiro Añejo bottle topper which the clerk in previous episode explicitly states is pretty sharp.

Jimmy then calls Mike who takes care of the bodies. This act then sorta ingratiates Saul to Gus in a manner, who then allows Mike to continue to work with Saul sorta to keep tabs on him, and possibly as a thank you for offing such a threat to his operation.

All a guess but a possibility.

21. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    That is, indeed, the point the writers wanted to make. Whether we are convinced or not but such a point is up to us.
    In this case, Kim and Jimmy dedicating their life to the goal of making Howard miserable is a ridiculous plot decision, and I don't think I am alone in believing this.

22. Blame_It_On_Lucas

Jan 29, 2004
    I don't think Lalo is coming to extract information from Jimmy & Kim. I think he intends to use them to advance his scheme against Gus. Plus I think the show will honor the face value of Saul thinking Lalo is alive in Breaking Bad by not having Jimmy directly involved or aware of Lalo's death if it does indeed occur prior to the BB timeline.

I agree with you Kim doesn't die, at least until the finale. They already offed Nacho and Howard, so narratively speaking there's more value to her surviving at least up until the end.

What Lalo ruthlessly did to Howard alone is enough to have Saul shaking in his boots for the next few decades. It's amazing how much weight that Lalo mention in Breaking Bad will carry now. Lalo is an incredible antagonist.

23. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Poor Howard never even knew what was going on.

Lalo got Mike to pull everyone in to protect Gus which opened up ABQ. Jimmy and Kim would be low priority making it a safer assumption that Lalo could pay a visit.

Howard’s last day was such a disaster it will be very easy for those around him to accept his death (or permanent disappearance) as the final consequence to the fake downward spiral Jimmy and Kim created. Howard was so isolated no one will bother to investigate deeper.

This seems like an excellent break point for the series. It looks like the last six episodes of the series are going to focus on Lalo vs. Gus with the biggest dramatic tension being Jimmy and Kim trapped in the conflict and trying to escape.

I’d imagine there will also be a story line in the present day.

So now a six week break. See you on the other side of the Obi-Wan Kenobi series.

24. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I think the Lalo situation will be resolved before the last episode unless he somehow survives into the "Gene" period.

25. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013

This was integrated so perfectly at the end of the episode last night that I honestly thought it was a sort of coda/epilogue to the episode, until the narrator voice kicked in and made me realize it was a preview.

God. I still have such a lump in my throat over last night's episode.

I don't see any way he can. At the very latest, I guess he can make it to early Breaking Bad, but Gus would never resume construction on the superlab until he knows 100% for sure that Lalo is dead, and we know the superlab is ready by season three of Breaking Bad. And later in Bad, when Gus taunts Hector about being the last of the Salamancas and how the family line will die with him, both of those actors are playing that with absolute certainty. I don't see any wiggle room there.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.