main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Between Episode 3 and Episode 4

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by jedi_jra, Sep 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_jra

jedi_jra Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2011
    Yes, we have Rebels on the small screen, but what about the big screen? Spinoff films will be separate from the Skywalker Saga, and the time period between ROTS and ANH is ripe with opportunity. Anakin is "Dead" and Luke is a baby. Knowing what we know about the new canon, specifically, The Clone Wars, let's discuss the films we could see during this period with KNOWN characters. Who knows how many new characters we have yet to see who could be explored during this time period. Kanan and Hera anyone?

Known Characters in current Canon:
    • Vader and Obi-wan... Disney will not let the opportunity pass to show Vader again on the big screen, and Ewan is approaching the perfect age to play a mature Obi-Wan. Yes they are key Characters to the Skywalker Saga (Vader is a Skywalker), so while they may not get major roles, you can bet they will at least show up as supporting Characters. Also during the period between Episodes III and IV the Skywalker Saga is on hold until Luke is of age. Anything is possible. The idea of the Jedi Purge on the big screen is just too good to resist.
    • Ahsoka Trilogy - Let's face it, Disney is catching flack about no female superheroes in the Marvel Universe, and Ahsoka separated herself from the "Skywalker Saga" when she left the Jedi Order. She is a Jedi who has left the Jedi Order for moral reasons, opposed to leaving the Jedi Order because she fell to the Dark Side. Opportunities for a Force user, positive role model, and some one who has distanced themselves from the Jedi and the Skywalkers is too good to pass up. She is also a popular and well known Character amongst the age group Disney will be going after
    • Darth Maul - Everyone realized George's mistake when he killed Maul in EP 1...including George. They brought him back in the Clone Wars, and now that he is back, he is too popular of a character, and powerful a character, not to put back onto the big screen. Maybe this is how we get Ewan back as Obi-Wan.
    • Tarkin - Show the rise of Empire, Space Battles, military strategy, small rebel forces standing in the way. Would be a nice break from all the Jedi and Force users we are going to be hit with every year as Disney milks this thing. This would be similar to an X-Wing Trilogy that could be created after ROTJ.
    That's just a start, but I think we can see how Disney could easily release a new film every year. Let the speculation and discussion begin.

DarthKreVass and kubricklynch like this.
  2. danmcken

danmcken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 7, 2003
    A Mokumentary about the period would be good and shorts in the style of Imperial propaganda holonet news reels and Rebel holonet blogs.

3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Bail and Mothma start the Rebellion during this period. I would love to see the formation of the Rebel Alliance. It's too important to not be seen.

Rabs and kubricklynch like this.
  4. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    I agree with you darklordoftech.

I always wanted to see them and Alderaan more. I think it would be interesting to see an Episode 3.5 type movie. I always wanted to see a young princess Leia, wanting to have fun and be like other children, but instead Bail teaching her how to be a politician. Also, Luke flying his T-16 back home shooting womp rats and flying through Beggar's Canyon with Obi-wan constantly keeping a close eye on him.

It could be set 10-12 years after Episode 3. There's so much they could show and do.

Star Wars could be this huge cinematic universe, where we can go to different timelines and even characters and learn about them and just go along with their adventures.

I can't wait to see a young Han Solo, Boba Fett, and maybe Obi-wan Kenobi (Ewan McGregor of course)

There are endless possibilities to the stories and the movies.

darklordoftech likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.