main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~Beyond the Rim~ A/T SbS AU Completed 8/09!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lonewolf89, Mar 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Hello all, this is my first fic on the newly made 'Beyond the Saga' board so wish me luck.

Note to Readers: I hope to update every other day or so but Darth Real Life may have other ideas. I've had this plot bunny hopping around in my head for a while but this is the first time I've gotten around to posting it. Enjoy! :)

Time Frame: This takes place shortly after Rebirth.

Synopsis: Anakin has a vision foretelling the fate of the Strike Mission to Myrkr and calls it off. Now he has to decide how he can save the galaxy without loosing his friends.

Main Characters:

Anakin Solo ~ Jedi Knight

Tahiri Veila ~ Jedi Knight

Jacen Solo ~ Jedi Knight

Jaina Solo ~ Jedi Knight

Kyp Durron ~ Jedi Master

Valin Horn ~ Jedi Apprentice

Luke Skywalker ~ Jedi Master

Han Solo ~ Ex Smuggler

Leia Solo ~ Jedi Knight, Princess

Plus some OCs to come later in the fic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Teaser for Beyond the Rim:

*Cue Star Wars Theme*

Ice blue eyes shoot open.

*Cut to scene of Anakin sitting across a desk from his Uncle*

Anakin?s Voice: ?Coruscant will fall.?

*Screen fades into a scene of Yuuzhan Vong battle cruisers firing*

Anakin?s voice: ?the Yuuzhan Vong are going to crush us.?

*Cut to a scene of Anakin and Tahiri standing next to each other*

Tahiri: ?Things have really changed these past few years, haven't they??

*Fades to a close up of Anakin*

Anakin: ?I?m leaving on a mission in a few days.?

*Fades to Anakin walking out the door*

?I?ll be back as soon as I can. I promise.?

*Change scene, Jacen looking at Anakin in anger*

Jacen: ?You?re planning on doing exactly what the Vong did!?

*Fades to the hallways of the Errant Venture. People are running frantically in all directions*

?All bridge personnel report to your stations, I repeat, all bridge personnel report to your stations!?

*Cut to a close up of Luke Skywalker*

Luke: ?A fleet of Yuuzhan Vong warships just exited hyperspace?

*Camera pans to Anakin*

?How did they find us??

*Pans back to Luke*

?I sent a message to Tonnie and Kam, they?re going to try to get the younger children out on their ship, but they won?t make it far.?

*Music stops and the screen goes black. You can hear faint breathing. Fades in to a view of Anakin, barley hanging on to consciousness*

?I know what to do.?

Beyond the Rim, coming soon.

2. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    lonewolf, that was mean, such a great trailor, and now we have to wait to see what happens, it sounds really cool though, i can't wait to what happens

3. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    I'm glad to know I've already got you hooked, force! I'm going to be getting the Prologue up tomorrow or the next day.

4. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    I see we've all become lit. boards in honor of April fools.

5. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Prologue:

?Is he still in there??

Jacen Solo turned to face Tahiri Veila who was walking towards him. He nodded his head, his gaze returning to the closed door of the training room onboard the Errant Venture. he had been standing there for almost two hours but he couldn?t bring himself to leave.

?He?s been locked in there for five days now. The door?s been jammed, the comm unit?s been fried, the internal holo cams have been blasted. Even Uncle Luke can?t get a feel of what he?s doing in there. He?s completely isolated himself from everything.?

Jacen dropped his arms in surrender, ?Are you sure he didn?t give you any clues as to what he was planning??

Tahiri?s expression was pained as she looked at the unopened door, ?After the conference he came straight here. I tried to follow him in but he wouldn?t let me. He didn?t say a word, just hit the lock button and the blast door slid shut.?

?Do you think we should try breaking in?? Jacen questioned after a long pause.

Tahiri shook her head firmly, ?He would see that as a betrayal. He wants to do what ever he?s doing by himself. I think we should respect that.?

?Sometimes he really frustrates me,? Jacen said angrily, glaring at the door. He want to jam him lightsaber through it and drag his brother out but he resisted that instinct.

?I know what you mean,? Tahiri replied quietly.

Tahiri felt a shoot of pain as she closed her eyes. She knew the vision of his death, had shaken Anakin to the core. But even more disturbing to him had been seeing the the deaths of others. He felt that loosing members of his team was a reflection on him. It made him feel as though he had failed. Even though he had stopped it from happening. Watching him stand in front of the Jedi Masters telling what he had seen she couldn?t help but feel the conflicting emotions boiling inside of him. She was sure that if it had been his life alone on the line he would have kept things to himself and gone through with the strike mission. However he wasn?t willing to risk loosing more of his friends.

The thing that bothered Tahiri though was that he hadn?t opening up to her. Just like he had done so many times before he was burring his grief and hiding it from the rest of the world. She had thought that being together again would ease some of his pain, give him a release from the guilt. Obviously she had been wrong.

Tahiri opened her eyes again, coming face to face with the cold, colorless metal door that was separating her from Anakin. She wanted so badly to try and reach him. Maybe if she called to him he would hear her. But she knew that wouldn?t do anything but make him feel worse. At the moment she had no choice but to wait, however her patience was slowly growing thin.

Anakin was sitting cross legged in the middle of the training room. The only light was from the stars shinning in from a nearby window. He had never felt like this before, so hopeless. Part of him was wishing he could go back to the Jedi meeting and take back everything he had said. After all, what were a few lives if it meant killing a creature as dangerous as the Voxyn?

He shook his head violently. No. He didn?t subscribe to the theory that the good of the many out weighed the needs of the few. In his book everyone had just as much right to living out their lives as everyone else, and being a Jedi it was his job to ensure people of that right.

There has to be some way to kill the voxyn that wouldn't mean the death of half my team, Anakin thought to himself, There just has to be.

He let himself drift into the Force for the thousandth time, hoping that it would show him what path to take. But, like all the times before all it did was throw him into another barrage of memories. Memories from his vision. Tahiri huddled in a corner talking to his corps. Jacen a prisoner of the Yuuzhan Vong. His sister tainted by the darkside. More terrifying, the dead bodies of his team mates and the ruined city of Coruscant.

Anakin slammed his fist down on the floor. He pushed himself back up to his fee

6. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
    interesting prelude there lonewolf, you know what's funny, an idea similar to that hit me while i was extremely bored in class, i have been messing around with a story that deals with anakin having a vision of the voxyn mission and what happens after that, i haven't gotten that far though

7. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    I'd been think about this for a while along with another plot bunny. I finally figured out how to combined them into one fic.

8. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
    yeah, i was sitting in class really bored, and wanted to write about something, then that idea hit me, so i have been messing around with it for the past 2 days, i don't know if i am going to do anything with it yet though

9. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    I've found that if I think about something long enough I can usually make a fic out of it. Sometimes when I can't sleep I just stare at the ceiling working out dialogue in my head. :D

10. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
    i am not that big of a writer that is y i am not sure if i will ever finsih/post my story, but it is fun to mess around with

11. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Send me a link if you ever decide to post you plot! I'd like to read it!

12. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
    i will, but i will need some convincing to actually pos this thing, well first i need to get an idea of waht to do with it, we'll see

13. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
  14. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Chapter One: Future Foreseen

Anakin stumbled over towards the door. He was trying desperately to keep himself moving. His energy had been zapped by his extensive use of the Force and the fact that he hadn?t eaten in almost a week didn?t help the matter. But right now the only thing he was focused on was reaching Luke Skywalker?s apartment. During his last attempt to meditate he had found out exactly what he had to do. Call it a vision or a dream, either way it was the key to the question he had been asking himself for the past six days. Now it was only a matter of making it down the hallway without passing out.

Anakin finally managed to enter the correct code into the keypad. He grabbed a hold of the door frame to keep from tumbling over as the doors slid open. He forced himself to put one foot in front of the other as he slowly made his way down the corridor, leaning heavily against the bulk head. Even with the extra support he knew he wouldn?t make it to his Uncle?s room.

Finally his legs give out and he went falling towards the ground. Suddenly he felt someone grab him from behind right before he hit the deck plating.

?Anakin!?

Anakin looked around, his eyes unable to focus. He got a brief glimpse of Luke Skywalker?s face before his vision blurred again.

?I know what to do,? he mumbled as he slipped into unconsciousness.

The first thing Anakin noticed as he began to regain consciousness was something soft and smooth gripping his hand. The next thing was the light from a glow lamp shinning above him. Slowly he tried opening his eyes. At first everything was a big white blur but eventually he started to make out shapes. He finally realized it was Tahiri holding his hand. She was sleeping in a chair next to his bed, her head propped in an awkward angel against his arm. He felt a wave of pity for her, waking up was going to be painful.

He laid there for a long time, not willing to risk waking her. She looked so peaceful, her golden blond hair falling across her forehead. After several more long admiring minutes he pulled his gaze away from her and looked around the room he was in. He realized he was in Tahiri?s room. He had long ago memorized the floor plan of her quarters. They had spent countless nights sitting together forehead to forehead talking quietly with each other.

Anakin looked back down as Tahiri began to stir. She tilted her head a little, rubbing the sleep out her eyes. She slowly turned towards Anakin and almost fell out of her chair when she saw him looking back at her with a steady ice blue gaze. Anakin gave her a wiry grin in which she replied with a hard slap on his arm.

?Don?t do that!?

?Do what?? Anakin asked innocently, blinking a few times.

?Maybe some girls like to be stared at when they?re sleeping but I?m not one of them!? Tahiri shouted indignantly.

?Why? You?re cute when you sleep,? he replied calmly, a lopsided grin forming on his face.

?I don?t appreciate...? Tahiri stared at him in disbelief, ?Was that a compliment??

Instead of giving her the satisfaction of a reply he just looked at her, his smile widening. She pulled her hand back to lower another playful blow to the arm when he pulled back.

?No, I surrender,? he replied, cowering slightly at her glare.

?I should give you a lot worse than that,? Tahiri stated, her expression growing dangerously serious. ?You gave me quite a scare last night, Dummy. What were you thinking locking yourself in there for so long??

Anakin sighed, falling back against his pillow. He reached an hand up and covered his face. ?I don?t know,? he replied honestly, ?I guess I just didn?t know what else to do. After the vision everything seemed to get turned upside down. I just had to figure things out.?

Tahiri had been planning the harsh reprimand she would give him when he woke up but for some reason she couldn?t do it now. He had opened up to her a little just then and she couldn?t slash him when he was down. Instead she propped her chin up on the palm of her hand and stared over at him.

?So,

15. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I like this! I a good story and well written :D And it's also funny :)

You threaten one nurse and suddenly you?re branded for life

I can't recall so fast to what it is refering but it sounded hillarious!

Well done!

16. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
    wow, that is not really what i expected but great post, anakin better not try and go beyond the rim alone, he should at least bring Tahiri with her, that way they are together, great work, can't wait for more

17. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Hey there, Elfsheen! Thanks for stopping in! Glad you like! :D

Thank you, forceaddict! Oh, I doubt Tahiri would let Anakin go off anywhere without her.

18. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    Great start!! More soon!!

19. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Your welcome. I lurk her more often that i reply. I should change that. Post more soon, I'm hooked.

20. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Hey, Jek! Thanks for the reply!

More tomorrow, Elfsheen. :D

21. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Chapter 2: Can You Do It?

?So, can you do it??

Dannie Quee looked over at Anakin Solo who had sat in silence for the last ten minutes as she read over the data pad he had given her. She scanned over the information one more time before she answering.

?Well, I suppose I could rig something up. I mean I certainly have enough data on the Yuuzhan Vong ships to discover how they got through.?

?Great,? Anakin said excitedly, jumping up from his chair, ?How long do you think it will take??

Dannie shrugged her shoulders, ?A few days, maybe longer depending on how drastic the alterations are and what kind of ship I use. Your asking me to find a way to use alien tech. That?s not going to be easy.?

?Get in touch with me the second you figure out what you?re going to need. I?ll take care of tracking it down.?

Dannie nodded as Anakin sprinted out the door. She watched him go and then looked back down at the pad in her hand.

This is going to be a long night, she thought to herself as she turned her computer on.

Anakin bounded down the hallway of the Errant Venture towards Tahiri?s room. He slid to a stop in front of her door and waited impatiently as she opened it. Finally the door slid open and she stepped into view.

?What do you think?? he asked, tossing her his list of possible recruits for their mission. She stepped back, allowing him to enter as she scanned it carefully.

?You really want Jacen with us?? she asked with a mixture of surprise and dislike. Although she knew Jedi were supposed to be a united group she had come to dislike Jacen over the past few years. His constant questioning of Anakin?s strengths and opinions had begun to get to her. The last thing she wanted was to have him tagging along, or worse yet for the two brothers to wind up in a power struggle.

?I don?t like the idea any more than you do,? Anakin replied with a sigh, ?But he does have a way of connecting with living things. Having him with us could be invaluable. Plus he and Jaina work best together.?

Tahiri nodded absently and scanned the rest of the text. Jaina Solo was on the list, followed by Kyp Durron. Although the man?s arrogance was sometimes annoying his skill with a lightsaber couldn?t be denied. She was a little surprised to see Valin Horn?s name there, but with his uncanny abilities with mind tricks she understood how his talents could come in handy. Last, but certainly not least was Tenel Ka, the Dathmorian warrior and Hapan Princess. Her endurance and strength alone would make her a valuable asset to the group even without her Force skills.

After going over it one last time she laid it down on her bed and walked over to Anakin who was staring out of her window at the stars. One thing she liked about space travel was that it didn?t matter what time of day it was you could always see stars.

?Do you really think this plan will work?? she asked after a long pause, ?What if everything turns out the same way it did in your other vision??

Anakin pulled her a little closer, ?I think that?s a risk we have to take. You said it yourself, we have a chance. A chance that may mean the end of this war. I?ve been fighting for the last three years, and for all we know the fighting could end up lasting a life time. I don?t want to live like this forever. I don?t want us to live like this forever.

?Things have really changed haven't they?? Tahiri questioned, looking up at him as she leaned her head against his should.

Anakin smiled as he gazed down at her, ?They sure have.?

Tahiri snaked a hand around his neck and pulled him closer to her. Her lips brushed against his as his arms lowered to wrap around her waist. Tahiri?s finger tips traced along Anakin?s jaw line as the kiss deepened. Their Force signatures slowly began to entwine as they let their emotions take control. They both jumped suddenly as Anakin?s comm link went off. He let out several curses as he flicked it on.

?Solo here,? he snapped.

?Anakin, it?s Dannie. I?ve got that information you wanted,? the young woman sa

22. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
  23. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Good Talon Karrde :D I like him! Great post Lonewolf! It's starting to get interesting. Post more soon!

24. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
    great post, of course they go to Talon he is best, can't wait for more, keep up the great work

25. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Cool - Lonewolf. I finally caught up with this. Great concept and lovely interaction between Anakin and Tahiri. I enjoy the repartee, and also how you show how well Tahiri understands Anakin. She really is his soul mate. I also liked the little reference to how they always spend their evenings together.

She was sure that if it had been his life alone on the line he would have kept things to himself and gone through with the strike mission. However he wasn?t willing to risk loosing more of his friends. Yep - this describes Anakin to the tee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.