main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~Beyond the Rim~ A/T SbS AU Completed 8/09!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lonewolf89, Mar 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Star-Lead

Star-Lead Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2003
    Great stuff indeed, and I liked the ROTJ reference.

I knew Han wouldn't just loose that.

2. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Cute, Lonewolf. ;)

C'mon, who does Rhyll have in mind as #1? :D

Anakin shot up, ?And just who do you plan on spending your vacation with?!?
    If you really wanted to have some fun you should have had Tahiri say "Jacen." [face_mischief] :p

3. Star-Lead

Feb 22, 2003
    Oh now come on Moff.

You know what would have happened there; Anakin going into a berzerker rage that makes Abaddon the frigging Despoiler look like a wuss (although the fething son of a feth NEVER PUTS HIS HELMET ON, EVER!!), and Jacen getting killed in a way that would make the Chaos gods sick.

On second thought, that isn't such a bad idea.

4. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Hey there, Princess! Thank you! That last post was fun to write. :)

Star-Lead: I'm sure Han has some very happy memories from that piece of apparel.

Moff_D: Thanks!

C'mon, who does Rhyll have in mind as #1?

You'll have to wait to find out. :D

I was tempted for say Jacen, but I just couldn't kill him off. Not after all the bonding going on between him and Anakin.

5. The_Jedi_Obi-Solo

The_Jedi_Obi-Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2003
    HA! That last scene was very funny! [face_laugh] Great post! I can't wait for more! :D

6. JediMasterChie

JediMasterChie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2003
    *falls out of chair laughing at last scene*

?Are you thinking about that bikini yet?? he questioned, mumbling.

?Don?t get your hopes up, Fly Boy.?

ROTFL! [face_laugh]

More soon!

7. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Obi-Solo: I hope to get the next post up by Monday. I've been out of pocket this weekend.

Chie: :D

8. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Lmao.

I loved the post, it was so funny:

?Oh, I think I could squeeze you in somewhere,? he replied, a devilish grin on his lips. ?Dad has this great little gold bikini hidden on the Falcon. I think it?d fit you perfectly.?

Gee, i wonder where Han got the gold bikini *rolls eyes* they are so nade for each other.

nina

9. Jedi_Sari

Jedi_Sari Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2002
    Han would have that gold bikini hidden away wouldnt he? Hmmm...its kinda kinky that Anakin wants Tahiri to wear it, but i suppose he's never seen his mother in it ;)

10. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    jainafel: Thanks!

Sari: I doubt Han told Anakin that Leia was the one to wear it. After all, if she ever found out he'd let that leak she'd straggle her husband. :D

11. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    This post is kind of short, but the next one will be longer. :)

Sweet Goodbyes:

?I love going away parties,? Kyp Durron said with a grin as the Jedi team began to file into the huge dinning hall aboard the Magmor.

Jaina gave him a sideways glance. He didn't seem to notice her stare as he waved to the flock of young women surrounding the door, beckoning for him.

?I can see why,? she stated dryly.

?We just freed a whole galaxy,? he replied, shrugging. ?What?s wrong with enjoying the benefits of my hard work??

?It could be that you?re missing the most obvious benefit. One that?s standing right in front of you,? she snapped back. Her brown eyes flashing as she stepped a few inches closer to him. She gave him a withering stare, enough to burn through duro cret. She looked at him with disappointment before spinning back around. Her brown hair brushing across his face as she went to take her seat.

Jacen did his best to hold in a snicker as he saw the Jedi Master?s jaw drop. Whether he was confused or shocked Jacen couldn't decide. Kyp watched Jaina walk away from him and then stumbled over to his chair. Jacen had been wondering how long with would take Jaina to say something to Durron about his extracurricular activities. So far the man had been approached by numerous women. None of which he ha attempted to shoo away.

Come to think of it, everyone had had their share of admirers since they came onboard the Merin ship. Anakin had politely but firmly turned away any offers. Tahiri gave all of those approaching her death glares. Obviously, Anakin had seen it best to let her deal with things in her own way. Jaina had managed to evade her following by spending most of her time crawling around inside the Firelight?s engines. Tenel-Ka?s defensive stance warned off anyone thinking of coming to speak to her. Valin was still in the infirmary, but even so, letters had begun piling up in his room.

That left only Jacen. So far he had been avoided. He wondered about that, somehow missing the sharp glares the Hapan Princess had been giving each young woman brave enough to try and approach him.

?I hope everything has been comfortable during your stay,? General Adare commented as he marched into the room. His presence was commanding as he headed towards the head of the table. The group all nodded as they all sat down. Arles Rhyll stepped into the dinning hall behind the higher ranking officer. She took her seat at his right hand.

Anakin was about to comment on how nice his room was when Danato suddenly walked in. A hush fell over the dinning hall.

Shock was written on everyone?s faces as the pirate stepped awkwardly towards them. He was wearing a military dress uniform, decked out in everything from shoulder patches to gleaming rank insignia. His boots were polished. His unruly blond hair had been cut and combed back. He was the shinning image of a Merin officer. It took the Jedi a moment to be sure it was really him.

?Hi,? he managed, red flushing across his cheeks.

?You joined up?? Anakin questioned, choking on the words. This new look was the last thing he had expected.

?I was recruited, actually,? Danato replied. He glanced up at Arles with uncertainty.

?Captain Rava has become my second in command aboard the battle cruiser, Absolution,? Rhyll explained from the head of the table. ?I was given command over a newly constructed cruiser this morning.?

?Congratulations!? Tahiri exclaimed.

?Thank you,? she replied. Anakin could feel the pride emanating from Arles. Obviously the outcome of their mission had worked out well for her.

?Dinner is served,? a cook said as he entered the room, breaking into their conversation. A team of waiters filed in behind him with plates of steaming hot food.

?Shall we eat?? General Adare asked. A chorus of ?yes? echoed around the table. He smiled as he raised his glass in the air.

?I?d like to propose a toast, first. To Captain Solo and his team courageous men and women,? he offered, standing.

The Jedi each lifted t

12. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Ooh! A lot to catch up on here Lonewolf. I'll catch up with comments later. Looks great as usual. :)

13. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Thanks, Tahi! :)

14. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Danato? Didn't see that coming. :p ;)

Incidentally, you are aware that Kyp is a tool, right? Even Jaina has better taste. :D

15. Star-Lead

Feb 22, 2003
    Nice, although J/K?

16. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Moff: Good to know I threw you all a curve ball with Danato there. :)

As a rule I'm not a J/K fan either, but I couldn't resist throwing them together.

Star-Lead: I know, I know, J/K are a bad mix. So many short fics about them over here, I had them on the brain I guess.

17. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
  18. JediMasterChie

JediMasterChie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2003
    That was great!Yeah, I don't like K/J either... Sorry I don't have many comments, maybe I'll have more next post. *hint hint* :D

Why don't I add an UP to that too!

19. Jedi_Sari

Jedi_Sari Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2002
    Oh poo... I kina like K/J

20. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Yay! Managed to get back here and read. I hate real life - it takes up too much time. Last time Anakin had run into Kyp the Jedi Master had been surrounded by four scantily clad girl, all hanging on his every word I loved that bit. I can just see the look on Kyp's face. He'll be able to practise his seductive smile on them. :D

I also loved the scene between Anakin and Tahiri. Poor old Anakin - so humble. Of course she wouldn't want to goaway with anyone else. What a dummy!

Hooray! Arles got rewarded.

That left only Jacen. So far he had been avoided. He wondered about that, somehow missing the sharp glares the Hapan Princess had been giving each young woman brave enough to try and approach him. :D LOvely touch there showing Jacen's ingenuousness. He's an even bigger dummy than his brother.

I liked the reference to Jaina copping out by losing herself in the engines. That's so Jaina.

Ooh! So Arles is Danato's commanding officer. What power! I hope she uses it sensibly ;)

Great writing Lonewolf.

21. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    ?To our saviors from beyond the rim.?

That was a good line.Was there hints of Jaina/Kyp stuff, or was that just moi?

nina

22. The_Jedi_Obi-Solo

The_Jedi_Obi-Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2003
    Danato an officer on a ship! Wow! who'd have thought.

Great post! :D

23. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    Nice post, as always. I liked how you described the team getting "groupies" and using the title of the fic itself.

You know, tell me if you're getting tired of this little line 8-}

POST MORE SOON

24. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Tahi: Thank you! Tahiri?s pretty good at wrapping Anakin around her little finger. :) poor guy.

Jacen, obviously, could use a few pointers.

Ooh! So Arles is Danato's commanding officer. What power! I hope she uses it sensibly [face_laugh]

jainafel: It was more than your moi. Read the next post and you?ll see.

Obi-Solo: Glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks, Sari, Chie, and Jek. Here?s more! :D

Home Again:

Anakin stood next to his team as the Firelight?s docking ramp slowly descended. He and the Absolution had followed a New Republic beacon when they breached the rim. They had arrived to join the New Republic fleet just in time to help fight the last of the Yuuzhan Vong remnant. It had taken three days, but they had finally managed to crush the alien forces. He couldn?t describe the feeling he had had as he watched the Warmaster?s corrvet crash into the sun above Courscant. At last the war had come to an end.

Now the Jedi strike team was reuniting with their families for the first time on the capital of Coruscant. Millions of ships had already docked on the planet filled with people eager to celebrate this new day of independence.

Anakin stepped off the Firelight as his father and mother rushed forward, catching their children up in tight hugs. ?It?s good to have you all back,? Han said happily as he picked his daughter up in his arms.

?It?s good to be back,? Jaina replied with a grin.

?I?ve been so worried,? Leia stated, hugging Jacen warmly.

?We?ve all be worried,? Luke commented as he stepped forward, followed closely by his wife. Ben was perched in Mara Jade's arms. He cooed sweetly at his cousins.

Leia rested an arm on Anakin?s shoulder, ?No more missions for a while. I need to have a few kids left around the house.?

?No missions. That's a promise,? Anakin replied, laughing lightly.

?Come on then,? Han prodded, moving the group towards a pair of huge double doors up ahead. ?The party?s already started.?

~~~~~~~~~

Anakin couldn?t remember the last time he had seen so many beings in one place. Dignitaries, war heroes, and politicians were all gathered in a large banquet room. He had already lost count of how many people had asked to shake his hand. Wedge Antilles and Tycho Celchu had spoken with him for a short time before being whisked away to talk with some nosey reporter asking for them to say a few words.

?How does it feel to be the center of attention again?? Tahiri teased, stepping up beside him.

?Just as uncomfortable as it?s always been,? Anakin replied, tugging on his shirt collar. Despite his protests, Leia had insisted that he ware a suit. The tie was beginning to bite into his neck.

fight off an entire planet of Vong warriors and this is the thanks I get. Strangled by my own mother, he thought to himself ruefully.

Anakin was about make his complaint out loud when he spotted Valin Horn surrounded by two Bothan ambassadors. He hadn?t had the chance to speak with the young Jedi since breaking through the rim, and he figured now was as good a time as any. Besides, the kid looked like he needed a little rescuing.

?Mind if I break in?? Anakin questioned as he stepped in front of the Bothans. The beings chattered amongst themselves for a moment before fading back into the crowd.

?Thanks,? Valin said, smiling weakly.

?A lot to take in, isn?t it?? Anakin commented, rocking back on his heels as he took a sip from his glass.

The younger boy nodded, ?I don?t see how you do it.?

?It?s kind of like lightsaber dueling,? Anakin replied, ?It?s all about your defense. Always have a good excuse ready when they come up. You need to go to the refresher or someone else is motioning for you. The moment you get past them make a dash for the nearest corner and stay there. Hopefully they won?t try to follow you.?

Valin grinned, ?I?ll have to keep that in mind.?

They stood there in awkward silence for a moment.

?I meant to talk with you earlier I'm sorry I didn?t get the chance,? Anakin said,

25. Star-Lead

Feb 22, 2003
    Ah, excellent ending.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.