main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond the saga lightsaber forms?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by SephirothsKiller, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SephirothsKiller

SephirothsKiller Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2005
    I was wondering who uses what form in the beyond the saga setting of the star wars universe. I'm sure this topic has been around a bit but I thought I would bring it back up.

Here are the characters I'm wondering about plus my opinions on them.

Luke: Form V I think?
    Mara: No idea
    Leia: Form VI would make sense here.
    Kyp: I'm gonna hazard form V.
    Kyle: No idea
    Corran: No idea
    Anakin Solo: I know some people say that he uses Vapaad, but I really don't think that Luke would allow such a young padawan to learn it, and I doubt he would allow anyone to learn it on top of that.
    Jacen Solo: Based on his exploits, I would say he uses forms III and IV, as well, in TUF as he practices his saber skills he goes through a series of acrobatic manuevers and mentons being an acrobat.
    Jaina Solo: No clue.
    Tahiri: No Clue.
    Tenel Ka: I think it would involve form IV
    Zekk: Who knows?
    Saba and Tesar: Don't got any idea.
    Vergere: Eh?
    ummm... I can't remember any other major characters in the story.

2. CarrKicksDoor

CarrKicksDoor Jedi Master star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    The question is, at this point are they even aware that the different forms exist or are they making it up as they go along?

I'd hope that some pointers still existed in the old holocrons, but I'd imagine that Luke was taught whatever Yoda knew, since Obi-Wan didn't really have time to teach him, and that's been what's been passed down. It's kind of hard to learn katas, etc. from a book or a video (learn them well, anyway).

~Carr

3. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Can you add some notes to your post? I?m sure I?m not the only one who can remember what the styles are (plant your feet and hack, somersault and slash, elegantly parry and cut?) and what Jedi used them, but not always the Form number or name.

Agree with CarrKicksDoor that it seems likely that the knowledge of the different forms might have been lost, and that they might be having to recreate and ?make things up? (which after all the OJO were still doing, or Mace wouldn?t have invented Vaapad).

I don?t think that any NJO Jedi would actually be using an OJO form?but I do think that there would be the beginnings of the divergence of styles that would eventually lead to the emergence of NJO forms that would fit the same categories. Since the NJO Jedi are not being trained from such a young age they would be bringing their own previous experience to the training and would fight accordingly.

Mara and Kyle would bring martial arts knowledge to their style, possibly a little Darth Maul like with being willing to kick and punch as well as use their lightsaber. Mara also had the lightsaber training from her time as Emperor?s Hand, including using the ?point? of the blade which Luke had never seen mentioned before.

Corran has unarmed combat training from CorSec but also possibly the habit (learned as a policeman) of trying to take prisoners, so his fighting could be a little more defensive and since he doesn?t have Telekinesis he?d be less capable of acrobatics.

Luke on the other hand was a blank sheet for Yoda, other than possibly some Alliance combat training, but a very very talented blank sheet (in Vader?s Quest, set just after ANH he managed to slice arrows out of the air with his lightsaber and defeat half a dozen opponents while temporarily blinded).

I think Luke is probably capable of fighting in a very wide range of styles so that he?d be able to train a student to fight in a way that suits that student. There are planets with sword fighting traditions in the GFFA so it seems likely to me that Luke would have studied their instructional holos and probably spent a few months on some of those planets receiving personal training. NJO fighting styles possibly therefore draw on a wide range of traditions (which themselves had drawn on OJO forms or contributed to them as well).

4. Josh-Halcyon

Josh-Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightsaber_combat

This is a rather comprehensive list of the different forms of combat, including who uses which form.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.