main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Bib's going to NYC!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jedi Bib, Dec 16, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    Yup, that's right, I'm spending next weekend in your fair town. Is there anything I should see/avoid? Any tourism tips? I'm going to be relying on the subway for the most part, will it be too crowded? And what kind of SW stuff does FAO Shwartz have?

2. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Bib, be sure to check out Times Square, they have alot to do(ICQ me for details) Last time I was at FAO, they had a bunch of POTJ figures and they do have a nice SW section. Most likely everything will be crowded, especially the weekend before X-mas. The subway wont be too bad on the weekends.

3. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    Cool, thanks!

4. dArTh_MaLeVoLeNcE

dArTh_MaLeVoLeNcE Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2000
    Times Sq. is a MUST, as well as The Metropoliton Museam of Art and The Museam of Natural History.

Theres a cool toy store called Love Saves The Day in Greenich Village too, as for FAO, i havent been there in a while, but its awesome!!

5. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    If you're looking on going up a building to see the heights i'd recomend Empire state Building rather than the Twin Towers. You can see more and you're right at the edge rather than being like 30 feet from the edge.

6. Cailinn-Sar

Cailinn-Sar Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2000
    Hey Bib what's up.Thats cool that your coming to our city & the suggestions that the others gave are great but if you can try to avoid Mars2112,that place really sucks.Hope you have a great time.Also try to avoid the Bronx,I live there & most areas are really bad,not all but most.Talk later dude.

7. DarthNut

DarthNut Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 1, 1999
    Have fun, there's a lot to do, I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself!

DarthNut,
    the nuttiest guy around.
    Go Eagles Go!

8. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Except Yankee stadium. That little peice of the Bronx is cool. And I *do* mean the actual stadium. The area around it is not much to brag about....

9. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    I don't think I'll be going anyway near yankee stadium, I don't want to freak out and try to burn it down. :) Thanks for the ideas and I'll get back if the itinoreiy changes or I come back. Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.