main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Billie Lourd (Connix) in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by cerealbox, Jul 27, 2018.

1. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    Unfortunately no. I’m sure Hasbro will fix that by episode IX

teamhansolo and vncredleader like this.
  2. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Billie Lourd: “I gotta watch myself because the Star Wars PD is going to come get me, but it is incredible. I’ve read the script and I’ve been on set. I was on set for, like, three weeks back in September, and it is going to be magical. I can’t say much more, but I’m so excited about it and so grateful to be a part of it. Star Wars is my heart. I love it.” (November 13, 2018)

3. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Hyped!

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I love that she got a solid minor character part in the ST. Not only cos of Carrie, but also cos she's a great actor in her own right. Anyone who has watched recent seasons of American Horror Story can agree I think!

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    3 weeks hopefully means that Connix gets in some extended bits of dialogue. I totally love her movie opening "FORGET THE MUNITIONS! THERE'S NO TIME!!" in Last Jedi. Maybe not a whole sub plot but just Connix yelling a lot and using her blaster in an action scene.

teamhansolo likes this.
  6. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I loved her role in TLJ and would like to see it expanded in the last film. Her rank jumped from TFA to TLJ, so the same could be true for Episode IX. With the Resistance withering at the end of TLJ, they could use her in a command position this time. I'd love to see her captaining her own cruiser. It would be equally interesting to see Force sensitivity awaken in her...

7. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    They are related in real life, not onscreen.

8. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    He didn't say that Connix and Leia were related. Just that the Force could awaken in Connix which is of course entirely possible.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

teamhansolo likes this.
  9. Skillzwalker

Skillzwalker Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2015
    poor ol Chewie misses out again...Star wars is so Wookist :p

La Calavera and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  10. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Not so sure that it's 'entirely possible' more 'virtually impossible'.

11. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Why?

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

12. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    Hardly. At the end of TLJ a random child was awakened - there's nothing to say this might not be a phenomena that's explored in Episode IX among various individuals that previously never showed signs of Force sensitivity.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    The kid could have been force pulling objects to him all his life, there's nothing in the movie to suggest that this was the first time he had done it.

14. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Not really answering the question. There is nothing preventing the Force from awakening in ANYONE. FWIW, I don't think it will happen, but there ya go.

15. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    Just as there is nothing in any of the movies that suggests Connix is not Force sensitive. She evacuated D'Qar within seconds of it being hit by the Dreadnaught - there could have been something else at work outside of sheer luck.

16. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Like Dr Evazan and Ponda Baba you mean? Perhaps they were all Masters in 'Force evacuating a planet before it gets hit by an oversized blaster beam'? Clutching at straws taken to new heights.

Except they have to be born Force Sensitive in the first place. Rey was, probably been using it all her life without realising it. Leia would have detected that Connix was Force Sensitive.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  17. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    True. We can even look at Luke or any of the other characters in SW lore / EU that have realized their connection to the Force as an adult. Is it unlikely with Connix, sure - impossible, no. We can disregard the naysayers at this point.

18. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Connix definitely needs a cool moment in 9. She said she filmed about 3 weeks, so sounds like her part is at least what it was in TLJ.

teamhansolo likes this.
  19. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Right. In fact I'm inclined to believe that's just the case. He pulled that broom to him without even thinking about it, as if it was a normal thing he always casually does...

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  20. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Carrie Fisher is one of my personal heroes, and I love Billie Lourd as a public figure. But so far, there’s been nothing in her acting that convinces me that the Connix character should be expanded.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  21. Skillzwalker

Skillzwalker Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2015
    TBF she hasn't had anything to work with as it has been a bit part so far. With the depleted resistance itis very feasible her role could grow, in fact it would make sense so am looking forward to seeing how she goes. Having said that I am sure she will still be a secondary character

Bor Mullet likes this.
  22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Lourd is apparently really great on American Horror Story. I liked her expanded stuff in Last Jedi which basically amounts to "exposition w/ attitude" but Star Wars bit parts are totally made for that so hopefully she gets more of that in Episode IX.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  23. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Fair enough. Just saw her in AHS, and she is indeed really good in that. But it’s not just Lourd. It’s the character of Connix. There is absolutely nothing interesting about the role so far, from either a story or visual perspective. So it’s hard to get excited about the character being expanded outside the sentimental value of her being Carrie’s daughter.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  24. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    hey she is rocking Leia hair buns, kind of small but they are there. Padme had them for a scene in ROTS too. Hopefully they just straight up go full Leia hair buns in Episode IX.

25. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    https://www.interbridge.com/lineups.html