main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Billie Lourd (Kaydel Ko Connix) in Star Wars: Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Voider, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    While I have read the leaks and spoilers about TLJ the last few days, I have heard nothing substantial about the fate of this character and if she survives TLJ. I guess I make a thread just in case.....

2. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    ....anyone cares?
    It's all about Kylo and Rey obviously (unfortunately)

3. Darkspellmaster

Darkspellmaster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    I care. I think given that we have her there, I would think that LF would want to use her as she's been willing to play, and her character was promoted in the film to a larger role, so I can see her actually being made important in the near future.

Wildcatbarry, panki and Darth_Voider like this.
  4. panki

panki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    Do you think she is the next Mon Mothma? I would like to see something like that. :)

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  5. KnightOfRen

KnightOfRen Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    It would be nice to see her get a larger role.

6. Darkspellmaster

Darkspellmaster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015

I can see a sharing of the job of Leia with Poe. Poe handling the Military and Kaydel handing the political side of things. That would be an interesting way to deal with Carrie not being there. Having Leia giving her the right to take on that role. Given that here character was promoted and she has an actual speaking part here, it would work I think to deal with Carrie's loss.

7. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    I really enjoyed seeing more of her in The Last Jedi and hope she returns for IX. Since Leia will presumably not be in IX, Lt. Connix should be one of the highest ranking people left in the resistance.

8. grungebunny

grungebunny Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    She went with Dameron and he's the new leader so I'd say she's his right hand woman now.

Chained Prometheus likes this.
  9. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    JJ has to get it mentioned that she is a secret Love Child of Leia.
    Simply because I can't help linking the two of them in the movie.

And then you have a little loophole for Skywalkers in Episode 10, whenever that is made.

10. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Billie made a comment, months before her mother passed, that left me with the impression that Connix was suppose to die in this.

So glad that didn't turn out. She had a beefier role in this vs TFA, and I hope the trend continues. BL is a good actor, and, for feels alone, having her daughter involved feels like having Carrie with us still.

11. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013

Yeah, I really want to see more of Billie as Connix in IX, if she's willing to return. It'd be nice for Poe to have someone to bounce off of with Resistance scenes, since it's likely that Rey's scenes in IX will primarily focus on Jedi stuff and her relationship with Kylo, while Finn and Rose will probably continue to interact more and further develop their romantic relationship- and I think Connix is the natural fit for that, since Carrie won't be there as Leia and Holdo being gone now too.

12. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    I wouldn't mind it if she was revealed to be a descendent of an Alderaan survivor.

It would be a good homage.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  13. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I would like to see her in this.

14. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    I honestly got more sad looking at Billie in TLJ then I did Carrie knowing that Billie has to go on without her mother. As my father always says, you are never too young to lose your parents even though it’s a part of life. And 24 is way too young to lose your mother!

I thought Billie did a nice job with what she was given. Hopefully they will give her a bigger part in Episode IX.

Darth_Voider and DaddlerTheDalek like this.
  15. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    I honestly got more sad looking at Billie in TLJ then I did Carrie knowing that Billie has to go on without her mother. As my father always says, you are never too young to lose your parents even though it’s a part of life. And 24 is way too young to lose your mother!

I thought Billie did a nice job with what she was given. Hopefully they will give her a bigger part in Episode IX.

teamhansolo likes this.