main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian) in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheLateAdmiralPiett, Dec 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    A Finn-led Stormtrooper rebellion? Now that's something I would like to see. It would be ironic and fitting if the stormtroopers turned against the First Order given that the clonetroopers helped establish the Empire by turning against the Jedi.

2. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    How much do you want to bet that we'll get a small Lando scene in Act II but then he'll explain that while he's happy to help the Resistance he's too old to get in the trenches and we don't see him again for the rest of the movie? Then SURPRISE! Lando shows up possibly in the Falcon with a fleet of reinforcements in Act III right when the Resistance need help the most. It's such a cliche but I'm guessing that's what will happen.

Also I'm betting we'll get a scene where Lando goes to a sandwich shop for lunch, orders a sandwich and says, "c'mon ham old buddy don't let me down!"

3. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Nothing greater can be done with Lando than having him next to Chewie in the Falcon for the final space battle of the saga.

Think about it. Rey will be dueling with Kylo. Poe will be in the Resistance command center or in an X-wing. Finn will be with soldiers in some ground battle or infiltrating a FO base.

So who's going to fly with Chewie? Can't be NIEN NUMB. You need a human interacting with the Wookie. It's got to be Lando!

4. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Sounds good to me.

Rodie likes this.
  5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'd like it if Lando stayed with the Republic military and became its Supreme Commander. He was the one funneling supplies and money to the Resistance which would explain why he couldn't join Leia before now. He wasn't on Hosnian Prime when it was destroyed and has since rallied the remains of the Republic fleet along with any surviving Senators who were also away from Hosnian Prime and has created a government-in-exile. Then in an early scene we have Lando trying to persuade the others to join with the Resistance. This way we get some background information on why the Resistance and Republic were separate and why some Senators still don't trust Leia while still moving the plot along.

6. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    YO the reunion with Nien Nunb is going to be glorious.

Rodie, Bor Mullet, Jo Lucas and 3 others like this.
  7. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Duuude. Just now realized that. It better happen!

B99 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Lando should enter the movie with Nien Nunb at his side guns blazing and kicking ass all over space.

PCCViking and chrcharcor2 like this.
  9. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Lando goes to Tatooine to make a supply connection. He goes missing. Rey, Finn, and Poe go on a rescue mission to save him. They find where he’s being held. They break in...and Lando’s yucking it up and partying with his connections.

Bor Mullet and 11-4D like this.
  10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I like that.

I like that too.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    The Regular Mustache likes this.
  11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Lando: How you doin’, ya old pirate? So good to see ya!
    Nien Nunb (surprised): [​IMG]

11-4D and Krueger like this.
  12. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Lando: Are you still hanging around with that loser?
    Chewie: *roars*

Bor Mullet likes this.
  13. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

14. TheLateAdmiralPiett

TheLateAdmiralPiett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 1, 2004
    I should mention that Billy Dee can no longer stand without a cane due to back issues, so he'll probably be sitting during all of his scenes, unless they plan to edit out the cane. I'm guessing he'll be sitting in a chair shouting orders from the bridge of a cruiser or something. He does have a precedent for leading space battles. ;)

15. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008
    or.....

Lando has a cane?

Seems like the easy solution here.

16. TheLateAdmiralPiett

TheLateAdmiralPiett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 1, 2004
    True. I didn't mean anything negative by it if that's how it seemed.

17. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    Perhaps they could put Lando on a cool hover device (I can't remember what those things are called), some of them are beginning to look pretty nifty. Much to the annoyance of those I noticed in YT videos who apparently were offended at the statement about Lando being pansexual and a possible romantic relationship with his droid in Solo, this hover device could actually be a sentient droid. Oh, would this be a wonderful joke. Sorry, couldn't help it.

But I'm half serious:

I mean they could build their own and make it look like it totally belongs in Star Wars.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah, what are they gonna do about the cane??? This is clearly an insurmountable problem for Lucasfilm, and possible grounds for installing new leadership.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  19. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    If they do have Lando flying the Falcon in a final space battle, then his participation can't really overshadow the new heros. He can have his hero moment somehow, but it can't be equal to him blowing up DS2 in ROTJ. He could have a side mission similar the "Disabling the shields around DS2" in ROTJ, but they won't have him deliver the final shot that brings down the FO. Him flying the Falcon is as close to a sure thing as you can get, but what will the situation be is anyone's guess.

20. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Stunt double for any running, walking...wide shots with a stand-in, etc....Or should I say "walk-in"...

21. Bunai

Bunai Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 17, 2017
    Not sure why there is an issue with a man and a cane on here.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  22. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    Do you think Lando would settle for a mere cane? Pfft.

23. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm pretty sure he had a cane in Legends so problem solved

24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    He’d have a fancy cane, of course.

There’s a little bit of ageism in this discussion, though. And a perhaps unconscious contempt for those with disabilities. There’s nothing wrong with an older Lando relying on a cane. Especially if it has some fun dual uses. Like a Bond-style gadget being hidden inside.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  25. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    My body is falling apart and I'm not even 40 yet. I am less able than most my age. This is one reason I consider all mobility aids, not only canes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.