main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian) in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheLateAdmiralPiett, Dec 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Or maybe it's not just a cane, but also a telescopic grabber....... in the event he falls into a sandy pit again and needs to get out...... or he needs to grab a can of beans on the top shelf of his pantry.
    Or it's a lightsaber hilt.
    Or, like Toht's folding coat hanger in Raiders. Lando might want something like that for hanging his cape.

oncafar and Bor Mullet like this.
  2. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    I mean it is true that Lando is coming back and the focus is his cane, or his age...

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Just CGI his face onto Andy Serkis's body. Problem solved, nightmares induced!

Darth Smurf likes this.
  4. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Just give him one of those floaty wheelchairs Yoda used when he felt lazy (or to match the eyelines of Ewan and Sam Jackson, whichever.)
    [​IMG]

5. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    If Richard Roundtree can still play Shaft without ageism coming into it, why can't BDW play Lando? The whole point of bringing BDW back is his natural charisma and if anyone can be cool in their 80's it's BDW, so he has a can...it'll be the coolest cane in the galaxy.

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  6. FN1971

FN1971 Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 13, 2018
    This is purely academic but hopefuly someone has an idea if we can put some connections.
    Near the end of Rey's Survival Guide book, there's a postcard from Cloud City with the saying "Wish you were here"

[​IMG]

Also on Jakuu near Rey there was Millenium Falcon, left.Millenium was of course once(twice?) owned by Lando Calrissian and in the Bloodline novel it has been said that Han Solo has lost the ship in some "more personal" circumstances.

[​IMG]

Could this be some hint..
    Any ideas…?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  7. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    And here's our boy training!
    Keep it up BIlly Dee, can't wait to see you back as Lando!

8. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    Dude is so cool that he boxes with shades on. :cool:

Giovs and IlhamKamaruddin like this.
  9. TheLateAdmiralPiett

TheLateAdmiralPiett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 1, 2004
    Look at him go! I've waited so long for Lando to come back. I hope there's a scene where he punches DJ in the face or something.

10. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    I'll take Lando punching ANYONE in the face. But Kylo deserves it the most.

MrDarth0, Giovs, Guidman and 2 others like this.
  11. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    Old Billy Dee training whilst rocking some old school Michael Jackson (and a song about a Pretty Young Thing!) to get up to speed to play Lando Calrissian is probably the coolest thing I'm gonna see this month!

IlhamKamaruddin, Whipstir and Giovs like this.
  12. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Do you think they'll do anything with his hair, or will he keep the slicked back look? Either way I'm cool.

IlhamKamaruddin and Giovs like this.
  13. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    The training routine they get you doing just to get into shape for a movie...

14. Siphonophore

Nov 13, 2003
    Now, all we need is a video of Clint Eastwood doing a Muay Thai workout, and we'll have our Lobot. Imagine Clint as Lobot....... Lando looks at Lobot, Lobot looks at Lando, and then Lobot does a closed-mouth grumble "Hmmmmm" right before the two of them open a can of whoop-ass on the baddies. I can't think of another actor who would be a better choice to play Lobot.
    [​IMG]

MrDarth0 and IlhamKamaruddin like this.
  15. TheLateAdmiralPiett

TheLateAdmiralPiett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 1, 2004
    Considering that Mark and Carrie had different hair, I'm sure they'll keep Billy's this way.

16. MoffJacob

MoffJacob Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 25, 2015
    Billy Dee Williams is back? Are the ST producers actually listening to the fans now?

17. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    Can we get a Lobot confirmation too? I don't know why, but I think seeing Lobot, even in the background or for one scene with upgraded headgear would be cool. Am I being greedy? Who else is with me?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  18. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    It seems like something Abrams would do. I'm game.

Rodie likes this.
  19. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I'd love to see BDW in the next Expendables movie, it could be a double reunion.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

MrDarth0 and chrcharcor2 like this.
  20. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008
    The guy who played him is sadly no longer with us but even if he was he'd be in his 90s. I guess Lobot could be immortal though.

21. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    They could cast someone else who's in his 80s as the older version of Lobot for one scene. I don't think people would cry fowl if a side character who never had any lines in the OT was recast for a cameo in the ST.

22. Siphonophore

Nov 13, 2003
    How about Clive Revill? Poor Clive.... bring him back as Lobot.
    Imagine a scene in IX where Lobot finally speaks...... and it's the single longest speech in all of the saga..... delivering a very deep and profound philosophy of the Force, and life, and the galaxy in general. And he also helps Lando knock out the baddies.

11-4D and Rodie like this.
  23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    hey guys Lando is in the movie! Lando!

Bor Mullet likes this.
  24. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    I think Lando's reunion with the Falcon - or L3-3T specifically - would be another, perhaps even silent reunion that carries an impact for the character and the audience. Most of the OT characters, with the exception of Leia I think, have had a moment like this. Alongside a reunion with Nien Nunb these would help establish him as a loyal rebel/resistor.

25. Skywalker Family

Skywalker Family Jedi Master star 3

Mar 15, 2017
    I'm just happy he is returning. I hope he survives though. For now I will just be glad he is back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.