main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian) in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheLateAdmiralPiett, Dec 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    so odds we get Nien Nunb and Lando behind the Falcon? I mean, Nien Nunb has been around in the past two, lets give him his due!

2. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Nien is the highest on my list of the good guys to die in IX.

Like Ackbar in TLJ

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    JJ isn't that cruel. He'd probably kill Chewie first.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Everyone will die except for Lando who will hang out on a beach with Wedge at the end.

5. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    If they bring Lando back just to kill him also I'll be pissed.

Roosterq and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  6. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    Han: 'When he [Snoke] gets what he wants,hell crush you'.

This may be a reference to Lando. Han didnt know Snoke had seduced Ben, and yet already knew what kind of person he was in TFA. So did Leia. Both knew Snoke. This knowledge came from a time before the 'profound tragedy', which happened when Ben was 15-16, I think.

Its as if Snoke had been around Han&Leia&(pre-teen)Ben and then he got what he wanted and left, not without leaving some wreckage behind.

If Han and Ben and Leia survived, who was 'crushed'? Those reddit leaks mention Lando and his daughter, but nothing about the wife.

7. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Star Wars: Episode 9 - Papa's Got a Brand New Cape

Hopefully Lando is given something cool to do in this movie, has some great banter with Chewie, and at some point he acknowledges Han in some way. I wonder if it's possible to craft a scene with Lando and Leia?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
  9. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Could Snoke have originally appeared as an ally. Someone to broker peace between Republic and what's left of the Empire. Maybe Luke already had a showdown with Snoke. Could Snoke look the way he does because of Luke?

Django Fett likes this.
  10. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    Mizzlewump leak (Feb/March 2013):
    • The main antagonists are an older student of the Emperor, and his apprentice
    Could have been Luke, could have been Palpatine, could have been Vader. I'd bet on Vader, but I dont know.

Han and Luke and Leia knew him. I guess he wanted to use Ben as a weapon against Luke, who had proved to be unturnable. So he approached the Solo family. I posted this some time ago:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    Darth Smurf likes this.
  11. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Wow. That's all news to me.

Maz is supposed to be some sort of racing enthusiast. Anakin might even have a sculpture of her at his house. Racing could be how Han get to know Maz.

12. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    This man is a treasure.

13. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    When was BDW in the UK, I can't remember it???

14. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    A redditor now claims that Lando joins the fight after Chewie gives him the falcon

15. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    That could be a very nice, emotional part of the story, if true. A little nod to his and Han's relationship. Maybe L3's as well. And the Falcon.

16. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Lando won't help out the Resistance and Leia, one of his oldest friends until he's bribed? This sounds bogus.

17. Woodbine

Woodbine Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 19, 2014
    Assuming that ultimately the resistance are victorious against the first order, you have to ask who would be put in charge of restoring the new, err new new republic. Everyone over 50, or has displayed any hint of wisdom or leadership is dead. So it's Lando or nobody. That's why he's back I think, because there is literally no one left that you would trust to restore an actual functioning government.

18. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    It’s a huge galaxy. They can find some other people to put a government together. It doesn’t have to be Lando.

19. Mila Lazarus

Mila Lazarus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2018
    Especially after he betrayed Han and Leia in TESB. Even if he changed his mind afterwards, I don't see him asking for a bribe to Leia and Chewie.... it would be even worse! At least in TESB, he wanted to protect his city. I think that Lando could get the Falcon back at the end... Not as a bribe, but as a "thank you".

20. AAA_Tarpals

AAA_Tarpals Jedi Master star 1

Jan 1, 2015
    Billy Dee Williams couldn't attend the Saskatchewan Entertainment Expo in September due to a film schedule conflict, and I recall seeing videos of him at an airport in September and also in October. He was likely in the UK at that time. Can find the sources if asked

21. TheLateAdmiralPiett

TheLateAdmiralPiett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 1, 2004
    There's no way in hell that rumor is true. Luke and Han are dead and Leia will likely be in desperate need of help from anyone willing. Lando won't need a bribe to help one of his oldest friends, much less his deceased best friend's wife.

Krueger and The Regular Mustache like this.
  22. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Yes the bribe element seems a stretch. I could imagine Lando being uncertain due to self-preservation (FO dominance/he has a nice retirement) and then being convinced to join the fight on hearing from Chewie and seeing the Falcon. The reunion of Lando and the MF will solidify his role and connection to the fight against the FO whatever his reluctance (or not) to join. His story arc may be the "good" version of DJ.

I'm a bit wary of the rumour - because it's a rumour! - but even if it has truth to it, it's a rumour drawn from concept art which itself can be reinterpreted or even quite misleading.

Anyway, with Lando in Ep.IX. Will he pull off a daring move to save the day and win the final battle? Will he be an OT casualty, following in the footsteps of what was originally planned for ROTJ?

23. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    Him taking on a bigger leadership roll in the new(est) Republic makes sense. He's already been shown in a leadership roll having been the leader in Cloud City, and managing the mining operation there. It's a logical step for him to take on a leadership roll in Star Wars now, since he isn't likely to be in any condition to be in an action roll anyway.

24. Turinsd00m

Turinsd00m Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2014
    I don't think Lando would need to be bribed to help, but I also don't think Chewy would have a problem letting him pilot the Falcon while he went on a ground assault against a different objective. Chewy and Hand both went that route in ROTJ, and Lando did succeed in his mission while piloting her. I'd love to see a scene were Chewy and Lando are having the same exchange that Han and Lando had before the battle of Endor. "Not a scratch- or I'll rip your arms off!"

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  25. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    For those that say he wouldn't need to be bribed lets remember that people speculated about Luke also saying he wouldn't do certain things and yet the last 2 movies have kinda shown he has changed.

If that rumor is true there could be more to it. but without knowing its hard to say what the context would be.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    Darth Smurf likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.