main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian) in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheLateAdmiralPiett, Dec 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    If not, I’ll take a TV series that’s also produced by Glover. He’s in my view the greatest popular artist of this generation. I say give him a show, and let him do what he wants.

Glitterstimm and Rodie like this.
  2. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Well, TFA was pretty stuffed with characters already. But I think Lando would have been perfect in the role Maz was out of place playing in TLJ.... We should have seen Poe calling on Lando for advice on a slicer, and Lando's hologram appearance would have been so cool in TLJ. The master codebreaker could have been reworked as a guy who used to work for Han or something...Then with them running into DJ and that turning into a fiasco, that sets up Lando showing up in person in IX ready to make things right and rejoin the fight...

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  3. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    You know, I kind of wonder if Lando may have a more prominent part in TROS than we may have thought. I mean, if they went as far as to include him in the trailer, it makes sense that his role could very well be more than a cameo. I'm imagining something similar to the size of Leia's role in TFA. Or maybe Maz. Not a prominent main character, but still-at least a small handful of scenes...[face_thinking]

Avilos and The-Clone-Wars like this.
  4. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    My hope is that Lando first appears in a couple scenes in the middle of the film, and then he and Chewie are right there together in the Falcon for the whole final space battle, so that could be a significant chunk of time for ole Lando.

5. Jo Lucas

Jo Lucas Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2015
    Please, don't kill him, JJ

6. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Well, we do at least know that Lando is with Chewie on the Falcon at some point (assuming that's not one of JJ's supposed "trailer trick" images to throw us off).

I also believe he shouldn't die. I'd like it if he survived. Someone from the OT has to (not sure what they have planned for Leia).

MeBeJedi and Rodie like this.
  8. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    Agree 100%. #LifeForLando

MeBeJedi likes this.
  9. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I will be disappointed if Lando doesn't pronounce "Han" in a way that rhymes with "man".

10. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    the only way to kill of Lando is if he dies with the Falcon but that would be a seriously bad move.

11. Jo Lucas

Jo Lucas Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2015
    Hope we hear this in Ep 9

12. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Living vs. dying is not the issue. It’s the nature of his living, or dying, that matters. Whatever happens, I just want it to be good.

13. ObiSpamBaloney

ObiSpamBaloney Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 12, 2014
    Han Solo = Huey Lewis / Lando = Lionel Richie

14. Avilos

Avilos Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 9, 2002
    Lando being in the Falcon with Chewie does suggest him having a larger part that old rumors suggested. Which is healthy reminder to be suspicious of all rumors.

It’s not that these sources are necessarily lying. But they are only seeing one little part of the film with no context of what else is happening.

This Sequel Trilogy has not had a really big space battle. This being the end of the trilogy and the nine part saga, that is almost certainly coming. That is how I hope Lando is involved at the end of the film.

themoth and Django Fett like this.
  15. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
  16. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Lando will continue his habit of messing up people’s names and say, “C’mon Moe don’t let me down.”

17. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
  18. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    100% on board with a Lando series, even if it's a limited 6-8 episodes like Obi-Wan. They could even wrap it around the timeline of Solo. Maybe the first four episodes take place just before Lando meets Han, and then there's a time jump and the final four episodes tie into the goal/adventure/McGuffin introduced in the first four episodes, but since they take place after Solo, Han & Chewie come back into the plot for the final 2 episodes of the series and they help Lando achieve whatever goal he has. Maybe this victory leads to Lando getting the lease on the gas mines at Bespin.

Give me some bounty hunters, some stormtroopers and Lobot being the badass we all know he is but didn't see enough of in ESB.

Billy Dee could do some narration.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  19. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    ^^ I was thinking about this the other day and I'd like two conditions for an excellent Lando TV series.

1) Excellent production values and sets. Nar Shadaa is the best setting imo, and it should he a mix of decommissioned iron works for the underworld and cyberpunk night clubs for the rest. Lots of aliens.

2) Glover should be a producer and write his own lines. He's proven he can make excellent material and Lando is already an incredulous character.

20. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018

Keelo Ben.

21. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Billy Dee is having a great time with the cast at all the events. You can tell he is really enjoying himself on his twitter page! :)

PCCViking and chrcharcor2 like this.
  22. TheLateAdmiralPiett

TheLateAdmiralPiett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 1, 2004
    From his Twitter:

[​IMG]

He looks so happy! I love it.

23. jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2019
    I wonder if Lando will mention L3 in this film or have some sort of interaction with her in the Falcon.

MeBeJedi likes this.
  24. MY Millennium Falcon

MY Millennium Falcon Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2019
    This will be amazing, if it happens... I always loved the dynamic between Lando and L3 in "Solo" (and that emotional reaction to the droid's passing was brilliant) and to see them reunited one more time (albeit over 30 years later) will be wonderful... [face_dancing]

And let's hope that Lando and Chewie both survive the events of TROS unscathed, along with the Millennium Falcon... Although I will not be surprised if at least one of these three will perish somehow! :(

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  25. topgoalscorer_no11

topgoalscorer_no11 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    Do we know anything as to Lando's life situation in TRoS, or is he another character who's failed to move forward in any way in the 30 years since the original trilogy? It's been dispiriting to see Han and Leia stuck in exactly the same roles as before, even more so to see Luke regressing. If Lando's still running around as merely a smooth talking con-artist, you'd have to seriously question the imagination of the writing team. At the very least he'd better be back administering a decent-sized facility or it's a boycott from me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.