main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bionic Woman : TV Series (new on sci-fi channel)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by WormieSaber, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    http://media.tv.ign.com/media/859/859156/vids_1.html

It's being produced by the same producers of the new Battlestar Galactica. Looks really good... check it out.

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    When does it start? I wanted to catch a couple episodes.

3. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
  4. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I've been hearing a lot about it since David Eick said he was working on it. I can't wait.

5. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2004
    I just can't believe they decided on this instead of the six million dollar man... That would've been a little cooler, IMHO.
    But I'll still check it out...

D_M_S_L

6. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Is this going to be a SciFi channel thing? I thought that it was to be aired on NBC.

7. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    It will be on NBC.

8. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Katee Sackhoff (Starbuck on BSG) will have a recurring role supposedly. I'll be watching.

9. Apollo

Apollo Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 11, 2006
    Recurring role? She is the Bionic Woman. :p

10. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    She plays the original one. Some other girl is the title character I thought.

11. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Michelle Ryan's the new Bionic Woman. Not a bad actress by any account, but an odd choice imo.

12. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    I just saw a promo for this series last night, I think it looks good enough to check it out

EDIT: spelling

13. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000

NBC link: http://www.nbc.com/Bionic_Woman/

The Bionic Man was great too; Lee Majors can't be beat. However, I always liked The Bionic Woman more ... Lindsay Wagner played it with more passion and realism; well they both did, but I just liked her more and the Bionic Woman series better for some reason. Will they be re-making the thinbots tales?

Hmm...wasn't the Bionic Woman supposed to have blonde hair?... she's from California? ;) Oh well I do like the new casting choice, she has a frailty about her. Sept. 26th is the day....

14. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Well I watched the new version of it and unlike the remake of Battlestar Galatica, I liked it. Maybe because enough of the basics of the story was intact for me to not mind the changes. Certainly the darker tone helps it.

Enough to keep me around for next week. Now let's see how I stomach Isaiah Washington when he shows up on the scene.

15. Espaldapalabras

Espaldapalabras Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2005
    Saw it tonight, and like one review I read, Starbuck totally steals every scene she is in. Of course I don't know how anyone could like this more than BSG, what kind of self respecting Sci-fi fan would say such a thing?

16. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    Sweet, I managed to get a hold of the original unaired pilot that had Mae Whitman before she was replaced, so I'm watching that and the aired version side by side. Pretty cool.

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

Maybe somebody who didn't like how BSG was completely 100% changed from the original (and the fact that they switched Starbuck's and Boomer's genders didn't help it's cause with me either).

and yes, Katee Sackhoff does steal the scenes she's in.

18. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Thanks for the link WormieSaber .

I'm so glad to find it online. :D :D

When I frst heard of it being remade, I was very skeptical. Saw ne preview and thought "Mot bad".

Watched the episode and am impressed. I'd gotten a review from my main geek mate at work and he thought it moved too fast. I actually thought it perfect. There was enough character development to get a idea of the players and just enough action to be satisfying and they can delve into people more as the series runs.

I'll keep up with this show, though probably online.

19. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2004
    I gotta say, I wasn't all that impressed by this first episode. It seemed very rushed, like all they wanted to do was get to the "Bionic" stuff. Katee looked good and was pretty badass though. I don't know I just felt like NBC had way too much control over the production or something.

And what was with that "rock-ish" song that kept playin' in the most awkward moments. It didn't fit at all, and it gave the scenes it was played during a "cheese" effect. I would've shot my editor for that.

I'll give it a few episodes, see where it goes.

D_M_S_L

20. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Pretty decent start, and three BSG actor appearances (Starbuck, Tyrol and the Badass Lawyer) as a nice bonus.

21. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Someone on another board said they thought they saw Tigh in the bar scene (of course, where else would Tigh be? ;) )

22. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    I may need to watch this just for those :p

23. redsabreanakin

redsabreanakin Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Just saw the "pilot" on USA network...figured I would try it..before outright dismissing it..

and having said that...

I liked it a few years ago...when it was called "Alias"

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    It's not Alias. Jamie's mother is dead (of cancer) and she has different daddy issues than Sydney Bristow

Also it seems a bit darker than Alias ever was.

25. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I can understand the Alias comparisons, but do remember Bionic Woman is an old show, so Alias was a remake of that if anything.

Anyway, I could not get past the first few episodes of Alias but this one I can see watching.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.