main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bionic Woman : TV Series (new on sci-fi channel)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by WormieSaber, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redsabreanakin

redsabreanakin Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    A woman lead character, spy stories, music interspersed throughout the show (but that's nothing new), fight scenes, who can she trust and not trust...

yeah..that's Alias

but whatever..I hope everyone enjoys the show. I'm passing.

2. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I thought that was La Femme Nikita.

3. Beowulf

Beowulf Jedi Master star 5

May 28, 1999
    The show is interesting. And on the last episode, Exodus Pt II (from Battlestar Galactica) was playing on a TV in one scene. Very cool.

Give this show a chance. Don't just outright dismiss it and call it an "Alias Knock Off" or anything like that.

A woman lead character whose been augmented with machinery tries to live a normal life while working for a clandestine agency bent on protecting the world from really bad people and having to manage raising her younger sister all at the same time. And it's not really a remake of the original Bionic Woman, but more of a reimagining. Which should be expected from the guys who reimagined Battlestar Galactica.

4. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I was very sceptical at first, but this is good. And I loved the BSG cameo. If only NBC would air BSG, the full run, on NBC, and let more people see it.

But I will definitely watch this show, and I love that I can see the full episodes online. Way to go, NBC.

5. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003

I only saw a quick glimpse of the guys face, but I think one of the EMTs was Jammer from BSG. I've seen the pilot, not last week's episode, but I thought it was good. I'll see the 2nd episode and the next new one, and give it a try.

6. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    I saw the first episode last week. I don't know how many most of you have seen by now, but Bionic Woman is one of the shows they've "fast-tracked" down here. Anyway, I'm a bit skeptical after the first episode. It didn't really strike me with any magic. I'll still see the next few, though. This may be a bit of a spoiler for future episodes, but I'm disappointed that Katee Sackhoff won't be in many - according to imdb, she's only been in 2 of 14 episodes so far. I accidentally came across that while looking up the actors.

One of the more notable things I noticed from the pilot was Katee Sackhoff's awesome hair. AWESOME hair.

7. Beowulf

May 28, 1999
    I don't think IMDB is completely accurate, because Episode 3 is on tomorrow night, and she was in the pilot and the second episode...

8. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    ...which probably means she's not in any further episodes.

Right? :p

9. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Originally she was only supposed to be in a few episodes. Rumor has it they expanded her role and she'll be in a good deal of episodes. And after BSG ends who knows how casting may change.

10. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    BSG better have all of Sackhoff's scenes shot and out of the way now, because she is by far one of, if not the most interesting characters on Bionic Woman.

11. FamousAmos

Feb 9, 2003
    "Just go find Heaven so we don't have to go to war with Canada" [face_laugh]

This episode has been much better than the last one, so far. The parts without Katee in them are better, more humor also. Katee's still the most interesting character on the show, by far.

Edit: Definitely better than last week by alot. Katee Sackhoff's acting in this show is ridiculous. Mark Sheppard is great too.

12. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Yeah, this was a very fun episode. I'm guessing that at some point, Jamie and Sarah will both realize that they are being used.

I'm not sure, but I have a feeling that Sarah's "illness" might be caused by the guy giving her the "medicine." Maybe even withdrawal symptoms from it.

13. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    I was thinking that at first, but she was having 'crazy symptoms' before he was busted out of jail.

14. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    I'm definitely willing to stick with this show at this point. Last night's episode was a huge improvement over the first two. If they keep going like this, BW might even start to kick arse.

15. Beowulf

May 28, 1999
    This is a good show to fill in the gap for Battlestar Galactica, and it's good seeing Katee Sackhoff in another role besides Starbuck.

Last night's episode was very good. And Jamie dropping Heaven off with Ruth was a great comedic moment. I've been impressed with the quality that the show has improved since the relatively weak pilot.

16. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    I've seen two episodes now, with the third one showing in a couple of days. It certainly moved quickly into 'saving the world' ... I think even too quickly. Yet, I can't help but like Preston Burke or whatever his name is in this show, so hopefully things will get better.

And it does look like Katee Sackhoff is in more episodes. imdb has even been updated. :p

17. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Agreed. Until BSG comes back, I'll be watching this. And they show it online, which is good since. :D

18. FamousAmos

Feb 9, 2003
    There was a new episode tonight, I watched it :p Katee was great, as usual, but the rest of this show is well, terrible, and it's getting to the point where I'm pretty sure I'm going to stop watching, Katee or no Katee. I can't deal with Butch Blonde Psychiatrist Chick, Black Edgy Guy, Morally Questionable Group Leader Guy, Jamie, or Jamie's sister and I can only occasionally deal with Asian Martial Arts guy and Nerdy Guy Who Fixes Jamie. I think I've officially given up this show. :)

19. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Hmm, interesting. So far the third episode was the best one... (that's where we're up to here)...

I quite like the Nerdy Guy Who Fixes Jamie.

20. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    I take it people are losing interest in this show? :p

Just saw another new episode. First one that Katee (Sarah) wasn't in. This episode, was, well, a bit standard. Nothing special. Her British accent was cool, though.

21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I think the show has been showing some steady improvement since the premiere- I'm not quite hooked yet, but it's pretty enjoyable fare. Actually having Jamie doing missions now had helped alot- the Sarah plotline is good, but I think they focused on it too early.

22. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I'm watching it. Not too much to talk about. It's enjoyable, not cheesy and has some good intrigue for contemplation. And she's hot, so no complaints there. And any scene with Katee Sackhoff sorta-satiates my need for BSG.

I love that it is available for streaming, as I don't have cable and my rabbit ears suck. So I can still see it in crystal-clear quality. [face_devil]

23. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Yeah, agreed there. Although some of it does lean towards the cheesy train.

It ran headlong into this whole "missions" thing too quickly in my view. She's not super smart and not trained for it, which kind of kills some of the joy of watching somebody highly intelligent doing undercover work. Honestly, the last episode I saw with the CIA agent (Jamie was on campus; British accent) did remind me of Alias. Somebody in here mentioned it before and I completely disagreed with them - but that was after watching the first episode and before this 'save the world' mantra came in. It would have done better without it, to be honest.

24. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001

25. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.