main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Bird bites UDC IX

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Apr 25, 2020.

1. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Oh, this is another awesome set!

I love that they're at a pod race, and as Nyota said, you made a really exciting story out of these prompts!

[face_laugh]

I hope we'll see more of this mission, it seems very intriguing! Great work once again!

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    and that is concluded in the next set
    it ends here

31 Bight

‘This waiting-room is modelled after the Phoebos bight,’ Qui-Gon was waiting with his master for their pilot and fumbling with his lightsaber. ‘During the negotiations between the two Garinola and Kaldaba dignitaries I haven’t been that much help to my master. That little Force sensitive boy kept coming into my mind. Maybe my master is thinking I am sick. Corinon flu was diagnosed among many of my class mates. He made a remark that he had completed the negotiations using his great skill and I am sure he will teach me a lesson during the trip home to ...’ “Nooh.”

32 Thrush

‘Like a thrush crying for his parents.’ Qui-Gon rose from his seat. “We have to go to the arena Master. That boy – you know – he was sitting next to me. I don’t feel his Force signature anymore. He was there minutes ago and now.”

“Padawan, now I know why you haven’t been very supportive during the talks. Your mind was elsewhere and you know.”

“Sorry master, but that boy…”

“None of our business, by the way you are pale and shivering a bit.”

“That’s not the Corinon flu Master. Can we go to the authorities? I have to tell them…”

33 Barrel

Their pilot – a gruff barrel chested man from the diplomatic corps – chose that moment to enter. “Master Jedi your transport is ready.”

Master Dooku gave him a curt nod and grabbed the right shoulder of his padawan.

Qui-Gon didn’t dare to look up and followed his master to the transport.

“A lesson first and after that you can begin your meditation,” Dooku pushed his padawan into one of the rooms.

Qui-Gon endured the lesson, meditated and sneaked away to the cockpit during the night and listened to the Malastare news.

Majina is missing and we will continue after the break.

34 Vintage

Qui-Gon waited for the comercials to end.

Malastare news is brought to you by Trugo vintage ale. We continue with an interview with the winner of…’

Qui-Gon hurried back to the room to continue his meditation. ‘I am guilty. I saved that boy from the swinging hands of a pod-racer owner but now he is gone. I should have gone to the authorities…’ Tears began to dribble down his face. ‘My master must not see this.’ He wiped them away and heard a loud snoring coming from the larger room where his master was. He settled down on the floor.

35 Key

Qui-Gon continued his meditation in the garden where he began to dream. A sound had him awake and sensing.

‘…Corinon flu.’

‘I don’t have the flu.’ He felt the soft comforting hand from healer Adin on his shoulder and murmured with a halting teary voice “Guilty, I am guilty.”

He revealed his dream to the healer about a boy in slavery, saving people and an eagle with million dots on his feathers saving him and guiding him home.

“Eagle Rhovanian is the key,” healer Adin nodded. “The Force was guiding you.”

Qui-Gon thanked the healer and headed to his master.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice weaving together of the varied prompts

4. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    Poor Qui-Gon, feeling guilty over the boy! I really liked "Key", it was a great way to finish the set. Awesome job on these, as always! :)

5. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Nice weaving of the prompts and also of the dream about the boy. Poor Qui-Gon.

6. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Finally got to read all of your latest updates in one go. Your Qui-Gon is fantastic. A kind and able man with a big heart and even greater humour. =D=

7. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    It's very difficult for Qui-Gon, having these intuitions and not being able to make his Jedi Master see the same thing! I wonder what did become of that mysterious boy; Qui-Gon definitely had reason for concern with all the suspicious characters that seemed to be gathering around the kid. The dream adds more to the mystery, though maybe it has something to tell him if he can figure it out. Nice that Healer Adin (hi Kagi, nice to see you again :D ) was there to assure him that it is a real message from the Force of some sort.

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    they fitted perfect for the story
    Thank you
    and dreams come true?
    It was and Grethil could make a difference during the events of ROTJ

again a set featuring Qui-Gon

36. Cup

“Only a cup of tea,” Jerza Quwin sloshed the dark brown liquid around in her mug.

“And no Corellian brandy in it,” Benno Perion held his mug aloft for the second man in the room. “Or did your former master told you to keep the after the ceremony party as sober as possible?”

“He did,” Qui-Gon sipped from his mug. “And master Yoda agreed but with a blink in his eyes he agreed to this.” And with that said he walked to the kitchen-unit and produced three bottles of Corellian ale. “Now we can celebrate my becoming a Jedi knight.”

37. Mug

Qui-Gon eyed the mug that his padawan Feemor was putting back on the shelf and remembered. It had been the mug used by Jerza Quwin when he was celebrating his knighting ceremony with his friends.

Jerza was one with the Force. On a mission to Carandas she had jumped in front of a mother and baby when one of the poisonous plants exploded sending spores in the air. The freighter pilot had done all he could to get Jerza and her master to the healers as quickly as possible. The antidote for the Tockei spore poison couldn’t save her anymore.

38. Glass

Qui-Gon was alone in his room. He eyed the beautiful glass figurine of a husan. It had been a gift from Jadin Finn, returning from Moniron with Kaagi Adin after Kaagi had taken Jadin to Moniron to cope with the loss of Jerza Quwin. He was now like Jadin without a padawan after Feemor had been knighted. But unlike Jadin he had seen an extremely talented young boy. ‘I will ask Xanatos to become my new padawan,’ he thought when he closed the door of his room and began to walk towards one of the training rooms in the Jedi-temple.

39. Goblet

“Never, never will I take another padawan,” Qui-Gon threw the goblet on the floor where it shattered in many sharp shards. It had been a gift from Xanatos, the padawan who had turned against him on Telos. Seeing the destruction on the floor he collected the shards, not minding that blood was staining his hands.

He never expected that his discomfort was sensed by a healer.

A soft knock, a whispered command and there was Jadin Finn entering and taking the bloody hands in a soft cloth, caring for them without a word but giving the comfort he so needed.

40. Chalice

“A cup, a starfighter, a mug, a spoon, a glass, a rock, a goblet, a plate, a chalice,” Obi-Wan was sitting – eyes closed – on the floor of the room.

“Excellent padawan,” Qui-Gon had a smile on his face when he was holding the tablet showing the various items. After a difficult beginning – Bandomeer, Melida Daan and the final defeat of Xanatos – he had fully accepted the young boy as his padawan. He put the tablet down “we are ready, care for some muja-cake at Serinka’s?”

“I thought you’d never ask,” Obi-Wan stood up.

“Head the way my ever hungry apprentice.”

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Lovely progression of memories and choices :) Leading Qui-Gon to mentor Obi-Wan. @};-

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan mentor each other in this set

41. Explosive

Serene, tranquil and soothing to the senses was the scene.

A waterfall was cascading down the rocks into a pool vibrant with colour from the surrounding trees, rocks and flowers. Birds were singing and small insects were scurrying or flying their patterns.

Qui-Gon was looking at his padawan who had now an intense smile on his face.

It had been a very intense period full of explosive missions. Siri Tachi had left the Jedi-temple. She had been a great friend of Obi-Wan.

A soft sound came from Obi-Wan and it became louder. He was snoring.

And Qui-Gon’s eyes drifted shut.

42. Speed

Two snores. Breath picked up speed. The snoring changed and two cerulean blue eyes opened, confusion showing in them. “Master!”

Qui-Gon stirred awake and sensing the confusion he righted himself and crawled over to the place where the Padawan was in the soft grass and helped him to sit on a rock. “Obi-Wan?”

“I had a dream and there was a young man in it holding a baby and I knew that man. Healer Adin was it and he was here in this place. This same place with the waterfall and he was sitting there. Master the Jedicode forbids attachment.”

43. Thought

“Master Adin is from this planet and maybe you were having a vision. We have discussed your visions many times and you know.”

“Yes what Master Yoda teaches every initiate. Dreams pass in time. And the Force flows in mysterious ways. I know and I really appreciate having these discussions with you.”

“It’s a pleasure for me too and we both learn from it. And there are Jedi who formed bonds in the past and on Corellia the Jedi don’t adhere so strictly to the code. And the Code encourages love.”

“Yes love” Obi-Wan thought about his friendship with Siri.

44. Absorb

‘I love Siri and it is love without attachment. Qui-Gon loved Tahl. For him it was the same.’ Absorbed in the thought of love he saw a pure white flower catching the rays of a setting sun and mused “love, love for all things like that Nenya flower and that...” A soft chuckle escaped his lips.

“Obi-Wan?”

“Master you seem to have formed an attachment.”

“What?”

“You have picked up another pathetic life form”

Qui-Gon followed Obi-Wan’s downward gaze and a big grin appeared on his face “indeed Padawan mine, I have. Shall we take it with us back home?”

45. Change

“Nah, there is no Jedi anymore who is afraid of spiders or it must be one of the youngest initiates.”

“You were afraid of spiders.”

“And you cured me of that after I demolished the walls of the fresher with my lightsaber when a spider weaved its web inside it.” He disentangled the web from the folds and put the spider on a bush. “We have to return to our transport.”

“Back to the Jeditemple and our next mission.”

The spider resumed its weaving and completed its web after the Jedi were gone leaving the place serene, tranquil and soothing.

Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Lovely serene moments and nice discussion about attachments

12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    “Head the way my ever hungry apprentice.”

I love the humour of your Qui-Gon, too. And the warmth and thoughtfulness that he is radiating in your drabbles.

13. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    Week 8: Really love how you used the prompts to show Qui-Gon in these various life moments.

[face_laugh] Leave it to Yoda to make it a real party! :D

"Mug", "Glass", and "Goblet" were so sad. I really liked this line:
    And then "Chalice" was a nice way to finish the set!

Week 9: This set was so peaceful, and I loved seeing Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan have some quiet time between missions. Nice discussion between them too. And I really loved how you used "serene, tranquil and soothing" as both the opening and closing words in this set! It gave the whole set a very poetic feel.

Lovely work, as always! =D=

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thanks all again for reading and here is a nice set based on RL now almost 24 years ago. I could save the life of a 4 year old girl

46. Party

It had been like a party for Obi-Wan to meet his friends again. He still saw the smile on Garen’s face when he opened the door. “Master, I am home” Obi Wan bounced into the apartment he shared with Qui-Gon, eager to spend the rest of the afternoon with him and tell him all.

“How did the sparring go with your friends” Qui-Gon asked him.

“Garen won the first match and I the second. And we did teach some young padawans some moves” Obi-Wan answered. And the next 10 minutes he explained in intricate detail which moves they had demonstrated.

47. Firework

“Obi-Wan” his master interrupted the firework of words at last “I have to ask you something that is of great importance”

“Yes ?”

“Remember, the last Donation week at the temple half a year ago,”Qui-Gon continued. “You can save a person who is dieing of a rare disease. Coruscant Med Centre called our master-healer and asked us to help. The healing wing is expecting us in an hour.”

“Of course, I want to help,” Obi-Wan nodded.

At their arrival they were met by the master-healer and a grey-haired human. The human introduced himself as Professor Vanrood of Coruscant Med Centre.

48. Gift

“Nice to meet you Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon” the professor shook hands. “Obi-Wan, at the last donation week in the temple, you did donate blood. Your bloodtype can save a person who has only two weeks to live. It will involve a small procedure at Coruscant Med Centre”

The professor explained what was expected of him.

Obi-Wan seeing it as the only way to save this person, answered “Of course I will do it, two days for this great gift is a time I am willing to give.”

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon left with professor Vanrood in a shuttle to the Centre.

49. Fond

The next morning at 8 he was gently shaken awake by a nurse.

“No breakfast” asked Obi-Wan.

“That will have to wait for a few hours, it is time to go,” she replied.

Of the next 4 hours he remembered almost nothing, just the last half hour awaking and shivering from the cold. This was soon taken care of by a heated blanked and he snuggled comfortable in its warm embrace with a fond look on his face. After waking fully he was taken to his room again and a rumbling in his stomach reminded him of the forgotten breakfast.

50. Farewell

“Obi-Wan, how are you feeling?” Qui-Gon asked.

“Good, my lower back is feeling a bit like a pincushion, but that is fading fast.”

“Obi-Wan, today you saved the life of a 4 year old and he is going to make it,” the professor said. “He will be totally cured from the disease. Tomorrow you will be released from the hospital and your master can stay with you in this room, if you like.”

Obi-Wan nodded.

The next day Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were guided to the exit by the Professor “Just take it easy for a day or two, and goodbye.”

amidalachick, AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    51. Skull

Obi-Wan saw it when he returned from a sparring match. He remembered. He had been doing it too and once almost colliding his skull with the ceiling. His master had seen it too and the couch hopping was followed by a lecture. But now.

“Anakin!”

And that ‘Anakin’ spoken with a smiling voice had him missing the table, jumping on the couch instead and tipping the couch with disastrous results.

SCREAAAK, craaaak, rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrst.

The couch – having seen more abuse – ended in a heap of springs, wooden boards, feathery innards and ripping cloth launching some of it towards the two humans.

52. Spine

A wooden board collided with Obi-Wan who had been doubled over with laughter at the sight of his Padawan doing some couch hopping in the same way he had been doing that and more precisely his right wrist. The young master fell on the couch, the deplorable rests of the couch, spine resting uncomfortably against a piece of wood.

“OOWWW” was followed by grunts becoming soft sighs, soft giggles, joined by other more high pitched giggles and ended in silence.

Silence for a long time with feathers drifting down and two young humans just in uncomfortable positions between the rubble.

53. Teeth

“Master, uh Obi-Wan,” Anakin was the first to sit up. He discarded a spring that was lodged in his tunics like Bantha teeth.

Obi-Wan was holding his right wrist in his left hand winching slightly and controlling the pain. “That ‘was’ capitals WAS the couch padawan. Qui-Gon has been doing it in his youth. And what he or my little young person never have been able to accomplish is this to totally destruct the couch.”

“You have been couch hopping in your youth?”

“Yes but it never ended in a disaster like this.”

“And Qui-Gon too? On this couch master?”

54. Fibula

“Yes the one and the same famous couch for couch hopping, cousin of the couch in the crèche and that one has seen many disasters in the making.”

“Ow.”

“You have to see the healers.”

“For this? It’s only a sprain.” Obi-Wan thought ‘ulna, fibula ah whatever it is.’

“Now he is a healer too.”

“Master Maerhin, I should have known.”

“I heard that OOWWW in the Force and came as soon as I could.”

“And Bones Barani,” Anakin recognised the big Jedi healer who was guiding the hoverchair.

“I was on my way to visit councilmember Windu,” Bones said.

55. Bone

“Get in the chair and let us be the healers,” Aaqu Maerhin said.

“Hop in Master.”

“I will guide you. Don’t worry,” Bones said.

Obi-Wan shrugged and sat down without comment. Three against one was too much for him to out negotiate.

It became five against one when the procession entered the healers’ ward.

Kaagi Adin commented “couch hopping Obi-Wan, tsk-tsk. But it seems you are lucky.”

“Lucky?”

“He is with no broken bone.” Kaagi wrapped the wrist in a bandage. “It is only a sprain and will be sore for a few days. You can go to your apartment.”

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Mischievous use of the prompts and we see that couch hopping is a tradition through the years [face_laugh] Glad it was just a sprain

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and more fun in this set

56. Metal

Warm, he was now quite cosy and warm covered by his cloak and snuggled closely near his great friend. She was covered by one of the blue blankets. They had taken those along during their trek across the white snow covered landscape until they found a suitable place to rest. Metal-spiked boots were keeping their feet warm.

It had begun as a challenge. A training trip to Rangoon with their padawans and who ever found the great master of the Jedi first could pilot them home. Yoda – he was the initiator of the challenge – had told them to split up.

57. Seismic

Snnrrrrrr, snnnrk.

Ice blue eyes opened and their owner felt the comfortable presence of a warm body. But was it comfortable?

Snnrrrrrr, snnnrk.

Not for her ears. It was seismic, roaring, assaulting, earth moving.

SNNRRRRK, SNNRRRRRK

“And now that gundark is snoring in my ear,” Siri shouted and turned a bit.

Snn… Sleepy cerulean blue eyes opened. “Oh hey Siri.”

“You were snoring Obi-Wan.”

“Ah snoring. Did I fell asleep too?”

“Yes and I don’t know how much time has passed.”

“Not that much. The snow is gone and it’s still day. Ferus or Anakin should have found Master Yoda.”

58. Fire

“Not Ferus, I feel that he is headed this way after getting back to our transport and …”

“Siri,” Obi-Wan sat up and wrapped the cloak around him. Fire coursing through his veins. “You could have…”

“Rescue is here Masters,” Ferus entered the cave, smiling when he saw the two masters turning a bit uncomfortable.

“You didn’t take the challenge?”

“No master. I did and did not. See before acting,” Ferus smiled “that’s what Master Yoda gave as his second advice. My coordinates led me back to the transport. I saw on the monitor that snowstorm headed to the glacier.”

59. Impenetrable

“I could sense through our bond that you were safe somewhere. After the snow was gone, I took the large speeder and used my bond to find you.”

“And you didn’t try,” Obi-Wan grinned “and now we have my padawan to pilot us home if he can.”

“What?” Siri and Ferus asked.

“He is in the transport with Master Yoda,” Obi-Wan began to don his clothes. “And he is quite uncomfortable.”

The three Jedi were back at the transport.

Obi-Wan hurried inside and he was the first to spot his padawan huddled in a imprenetrable shivering heap of blue blankets.

60. Shift

“Master,” Anakin shifted uncomfortably in the heap of blue blankets “I found Master Yoda in a cave. The airspeeder was parked outside. And I ignored his warning. We were caught in that snowstorm when crossing the glacier because I wanted to head back as soon as possible.”

“Told him to wait in cave,” Yoda said. “Did not, took us through snowstorm and open cabin airspeeder filled with snow.”

“And flying it was very uncomfortable,” Anakin smirked. “I was covered with snow when I landed the thing and hurried inside and took all the blankets from the hold to get warm.”

18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    All prompts used so perfectly in your writing. Great writing.

19. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    I must admit I had a bit of a giggle at this as I could literally hear and see Yoda saying it. Poor Anakin, not much one for the forward thinking he is.

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Terrific weaving of the prompts all together :)

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and Anakin continues his habits in this set

61. Forge

‘I have been there too with my master. An exercise like this was one of the many that forged me into the Jedi I am,’ Obi-Wan thought before asking “And you didn’t see Ferus? And you didn’t feel that I was hiding somewhere?”

“I didn’t see Ferus,” Anakin smirked “I did feel that you were comfortable somewhere master but I didn’t want to get out again in that snow mayhem to get you back to the transport.”

“Learned lesson Ferus did,” Yoda said green eyes smiling with laughter. “Rescue mission more important it was.”

“Ah see before acting,” Ferus smiled.

62. Wraith

“And we,” Obi-Wan pointed towards Siri and his padawan “we took up the challenge and had eyes only for the markers left by Yoda to follow him.”

“Until I lost my satchel and Obi-Wan came to my place,” Siri continued “and we saw the snow and made hiding from the snowstorm our priority.” She smiled. The blanket he provided had covered them like a wraith making it cosy in the cave.

“Can we get home,” Anakin muttered “I did win did I?”

“If you are able to pilot the transport, you can fly us home,” Obi-Wan said with gentle voice.

63. Greed

Was it greed that had him thinking only about himself? Winning all was always on his mind. He had won on Ragoon. He had piloted the shuttle home. And now he was home after another exhilarating ride and sighed deeply when he remembered what had happened.

The mission – a simple ride to the Coco district to have dinner at Dexter’s – could have ended in a big disaster. Very big.

And he saw his master headed to their kitchen.

The master was still slightly green, very slightly green after he had thrown up in the passenger seat of the speeder.

Why?

64. Undoing

Because the master had been the passenger of him; and he was the most admired – whispered behind his back by fellow padawans – or the most reckless – told to him by his master in the speeder after the ride – pilot.

That was on the way back. Sitting next to his master – he was piloting the speeder in a sedate very safe Kenobi-way – had been almost his undoing but when told he could pilot the speeder home he had been delighted.

The dinner too. He had heard about the green peas being a mayhem for his master but not for the cat.

65. Precious

After the diner he had followed his master to the speeder and had slid in a very elegant way behind the controls and he had taken the speeder in a very sharp turn after taking off.

No he shouldn’t have done that.

Police patrols spotted him immediately.

He made it a game of eluding them turning this and that way and barely avoiding commuter transports, taxi’s, private transports and whatever was crowding the sky.

Police patrols were soon lost but when he looked at his master he saw a green complexion and a precious dinner residing between the master’s feet.

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very inventive use of the prompts =D=

earlybird-obi-wan and Kahara like this.
  23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Also intense. Liked each drabble very much, but I am off to bed soon. So, I am too tired to come up with something really clever.

24. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    Week 10: An excellent set, and so awesome that it's based on your own real life experience! [face_love]

Week 11: [face_laugh] Oh I loved this set! How can anyone resist couch hopping, especially all those mischievous Padawans through the years? [face_mischief]

I could totally hear that in his voice! Just such an Obi-Wan thing to say. :D

Week 12: A fun adventure, and great use of the prompts!

[face_laugh]

And of course Anakin is too impatient to wait for better weather. Loved this whole set!

Week 13: And another great set and great uses of the prompts! I particularly enjoyed Anakin and Obi-Wan's speeder adventure, although I'm sure it wasn't so fun for Obi-Wan. :p

Fantastic work on all of these!

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    continuing with the next set
    Loved your card from Berlin
    and no fun for Anakin in the next set

66. Fedora
    “You lost him,” Obi-Wan wheezed between retches to bring up the last morsels of the precious dinner.
    “But we are now in a short-cut to the hangar,” Anakin looking this and that way steered the speeder towards the big rising building in the distance. Wind was whipping his clothes when he spotted a tumbling brown thing. “And...” A grip on the controls was released. “Got it and now this way.”
    “Anakin how many times.”
    A hat sailed through the air to land in a luxurious speeder. “She lost her fedora and now she has it back.”

67. Whip
    “How many times do I tell you not.”
    “To use the Force frivolously,” Anakin interrupted. “Ah I don't know and now we are almost home master.” He steered the speeder towards the opening hatch.
    “Yes master,” Obi-Wan thundered when the hatch closed and the speeder glided down to the assigned place. “With capitals MASTER. That commuter was this close. Your reckless flying had us almost killed.”
    Anakin cowered in the seat. The words were hitting him like a whip.
    “You are a flying disaster and this time,” Obi-Wan pauzed.
    “Trouble your padawan did give hmm?”

68. Satchel

“Safe flying is one thing he has to master yet.” Obi-Wan tried to avoid the remains of his dinner when he exited the speeder at his side.
    Anakin – very silent after the barrage of words – powered down the speeder and hopped out.
    “Clean up you have to do!” Master Yoda had very silently walked to the other side. In one hand he had a brown satchel and with the other – holding his gimer stick – he gave a few taps against the padawan's shin. “Killed both of you could have been. Reckless you are. Hmm.”

69. Leather
    The black leather of his boot was no match for the blows of the gimer stick. His left shin was now hurting but the words had hurt even more. Master Yoda – very respected by him and a great friend just like his master – had given him a lecture during the cleaning. He had cleaned the speeder, had deposited the satchel in a bin, had cleaned his hands and was now following his master towards one of the elevators. Faintly he heard the tip tapping of the gimer stick. Was the master still following? No the sound faded away.

70. Tweed
    Humbly he had followed his master and was home. He sagged down on the old worn sofa, a cousin of the demolished one and a gift from one of the crèche-masters. It was a comfortable one with the tweed covering that had absorbed many a stain from little initates.
    His master was busy in the kitchen.
    “Tea Anakin?”
    He accepted the offered tea with a nod and saw the smile on his master’s face.
    “Now he likes tea.”
    “Not that much but I want to apologize for my reckless driving.”
    And that had both of them smiling.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020